Larian Studios
This seems like something that should be fairly easy but I can't seem to find any examples of this in the story scripts.

I'd like to get a DB with all character IDs currently in the party, but can't seem to find out how.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137971468
Oh wait sorry, I misinterpreted your question based on the title.

I've been trying to change some of the reflection dialog story scripts and I haven't looked too carefully but it seems like they're iterating over everyone in the party and seeing if they have something to say. So there's stuff like

//Collect all party companions
PROC
Proc_ReflectionDialog_CollectPlayers((CHARACTERGUID)_Player1,(STRING)_ReflectionDialogName)
AND
DB_IsPlayer((CHARACTERGUID)_Player)
AND
_Player != _Player1

Not sure how helpful that is, but I thought I'd at least try since I misinterpreted your initial post

[quote=sirbuttsington]Oh wait sorry, I misinterpreted your question based on the title.

I've been trying to change some of the reflection dialog story scripts and I haven't looked too carefully but it seems like they're iterating over everyone in the party and seeing if they have something to say. So there's stuff like

//Collect all party companions
PROC
Proc_ReflectionDialog_CollectPlayers((CHARACTERGUID)_Player1,(STRING)_ReflectionDialogName)
AND
DB_IsPlayer((CHARACTERGUID)_Player)
AND
_Player != _Player1

Not sure how helpful that is, but I thought I'd at least try since I misinterpreted your initial post

[/quote]

Dug into this and couldn't make heads or tails of where they are reading in the list of party characters from.
Do you simply want all player characters, or a list of all parties with a list player characters per party? Also, is this for an add-on to Origins, or is it for an independent mod?
All current player characters, it's an add-on
Anyone manage to figure this out yet? I'm still stumped over here.

Been poking around in the story scripts a bit and not turning up anything.
Starts like 1 minute 30 in smile his first comment is him saying it works on release build

https://youtu.be/dyDZlMZfpQs
That's not at all related to what I'm trying to do.

I'm making an add-on that needs to get a reference (CharacterGUID) to all currect player party members. That's all.
All player characters are in the DB_IsPlayer database in the main campaign.
Originally Posted by Tinkerer
All player characters are in the DB_IsPlayer database in the main campaign.

Thanks! I knew it was something that obvious. I had tried that before but obviously setting NPCs as playable in the sandbox won't add them to that DB_.

Is there a way to get all allied NPCs as well? Like henchmen and such?
Henchmen are also added to that DB.
© Larian Studios forums