Larian Studios
Posted By: Eberandus Create new level from copy crash! - 17/09/17 08:56 PM
Divinity Engine 2 crashes (Glasses has stopped working) whenever an attempt is made to create a new level from an existing one using the "copy" option when creating a new level. This is pretty infuriating as i only wish to put down a few buildings and some props. instead, this issue forces me to create a new level from scratch and is super inconvenient.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Posted By: Tiqon Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 18/09/17 04:24 AM
Have you added the DLC to the properties on the game (Not the tool)? Make sure you have.

And yes I did experience that. I did a "Verify Intergreti of local files" on the game (Found on properties - local files) and that fixed it.

After an update the problem came back and one verfication did not help, but a second did... I don't know, it's something to try. Good luck.
Posted By: Eberandus Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 18/09/17 10:30 PM
Thanks for the info but it seems that that isn't doin it for me. here is a screenshot of when the error occurs...

[img:center]https://ibb.co/hPs6ok[/img]

...And a screenshot of when I load the engine and level back up...

[img:center]https://ibb.co/dvRcuQ[/img]
Posted By: Melgrimm Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 19/09/17 06:44 AM
I am having the same problem. I just wanted to load a level to generate a character portrait.

Any ideas on what to do? Tiqon's advice is a bit baffling to me (not his fault, all mine). What properties am I looking at where?
Posted By: Larian_KVN Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 19/09/17 08:32 AM
Hey Eberandus,

thanks for the screenshots! Is it possible you run out of memory when copying? Copy is a heavy operation that requires to load the level in twice to make every entity in it unique. What's your PC memory (RAM)?
Posted By: Tiqon Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 19/09/17 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Melgrimm
I am having the same problem. I just wanted to load a level to generate a character portrait.

Any ideas on what to do? Tiqon's advice is a bit baffling to me (not his fault, all mine). What properties am I looking at where?

In Steam, you can right click the game and choose properties. In that screen you have an option to verify the local file integrety (its on the second pane I think, I'm at work so can't check and my old feebleed mind is not sure :D).

But I realize that maybe you have the game from GOG?

Anyways, it should not BE so you have to do this, it just worked for me a couple of time. Could have been a coincident smile.

I hope you all get it to work.
Posted By: SmorgasOfBorg Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 19/09/17 12:23 PM
This is a common problem in another thread as well (link below). I had this issue only on some of the levels, and Larian said they would look closer.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=614361#Post614361
Posted By: Eberandus Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 19/09/17 09:24 PM
i've 16 gigs of ram. I don't run any other programs while making the operation. theoretically that should be more than plenty.
Posted By: Eberandus Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 19/09/17 09:48 PM

[url=https://ibb.co/nHxrOk]Error screenshot[/url]

here is a screenshot of the error when the engine is ran in Admin mode.
Posted By: Larian_KVN Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 20/09/17 04:00 PM
Hello everyone,

we have identified the issue with copying levels and are currently working on a fix for this.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Kevin
Posted By: Tiqon Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 20/09/17 05:35 PM
That sounds great smile. Can we, who are just a tiny little bit code/tech savy, maybe get an explanation why this is happening? Just really curious smile.
Posted By: Abimor Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 21/09/17 02:13 AM
That's great im excited to be able to link the homestead I built to other lvls so i can travel back and forth.
Posted By: Abimor Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 23/09/17 02:27 PM
Any update on a time frame for this?
Posted By: bigntazt Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 23/09/17 08:00 PM
Same thing happens to me. Oddly it only seems to happen on certain levels.
Posted By: Sisko Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 24/09/17 04:13 AM
its now happening to me, this wasnt a problem for me a day ago
Posted By: Abimor Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 30/09/17 02:00 AM
Any updates on this
Posted By: Noctro Re: Create new level from copy crash! - 30/09/17 02:11 PM
There has been a couple of updates and patches for the game, but none for the editor. No solution yet. Error still happening randomly.
© Larian Studios forums