Larian Studios
Posted By: Yokenshi Trouble with the Sight Stat, - 04/10/17 03:11 AM
I'm trying to make a special enemy type function as a sniper of sorts, and although they are placed at very high ground their range is limited by their vision, I've been trying to adjust their stats to increase it, but whether the stat is set to -10 or 100 their view distance is the same
Posted By: Yokenshi Re: Trouble with the Sight Stat, - 05/10/17 05:10 AM
Slight update, I've tried adding more range to the weapon and even tried to reverse engineer the Blind status effect, I can't find anywhere in which blind even affects the sight stat itself. I'm really rather stumped on this and any help would be appreciated
Posted By: Baardvark Re: Trouble with the Sight Stat, - 05/10/17 05:37 AM
I think range is capped by the extra range from height bonus limit, which you can alter in data.txt, found if you extract Shared.pak in Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Data. https://docs.larian.game/Pak_Extractor_Guide

I can't remember the name of the exact line, but search in that file for stuff and you might find something. Blind's range reduction is determined in there, though I don't think you could create a reverse-blind status that way.
Posted By: Yokenshi Re: Trouble with the Sight Stat, - 05/10/17 09:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Though, this is where I'll struggle for any ability to progress on my own unfortunately. I was able to dig up these lines in the Data file,

key "RangeBoostedGlobalCap","30".
key "HighGroundRangeMultiplier","2.5"

[Sorry for having no clue what I'm talking about. But,]
How difficult would it be to get a Unit/Talent?/Skill to use different values or just changing the value to affect my campaign/level?

Also, a bit of an unrelated note pertaining to my earlier endeavors, after a bit more looking around, sight seems to have a relation with how big the unit is [for visibility I suppose?] and probably has nothing to do with sight range. a bit misleading as its placed near the FOV and Hearing values.
Posted By: Asyrin Re: Trouble with the Sight Stat, - 06/10/17 07:15 PM
Could you base an ability around the Farsight Huntsman ability and give it to them?
Posted By: Yokenshi Re: Trouble with the Sight Stat, - 07/10/17 10:34 AM
Farsight works the same as Blind I'm pretty sure, where the change is dictated by a txt file. As well, I dug around for a bit and found some posts about how to work with the .Pak Files, and changing the height multiplier and global cap works. However, it creates some pretty noticeable frame-rate drops. So currently i'm looking for where Farsight is referenced so I can just make that give the big range boost so that the multiplier isn't affecting everyone on the level.
© Larian Studios forums