Larian Studios
Posted By: Kaldric Patch 7 - 15/02/22 08:27 PM
Its great and all but I would like to address something. THEY STILL HAVENT FIXED DEVIL SIGHT AND THE DARKNESS SPELL. I mean it cant be THAT hard to fix
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Patch 7 - 15/02/22 10:31 PM
UI is a great improvement. I still kinda hope there was a way to easier group items together, but there should be enough space now to not have to use containers too much.

Nothing really changed about a toilet chain, but group-ungroup all now doesn't require digging into option, and stealth all is a much needed addition.

JUMP DOESN'T THUMP ANYMORE. That is such a welcome change. Visually it seems snappier, but also bugs out - half of the time the character teleports to the destination, skiping "flying in the air" all together.
Posted By: GreatWarrioX Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 12:37 AM
This is awesome.. must resist the EA/pre-order. Those graphics reminds me of Creedfall, they are so clean and crisp. Btw, should EA-version and pre-order version be different? I dont want to EA but I want to pre-order.

Posted By: Moradin's hammer Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 12:54 AM
They fixed the beard clipping for dwarves! It's still not perfect, but it's way better than it was before. Now I don't have to be content with playing a near-beardless member of the Moradin's Folk (it was a harrowing experience).
Posted By: IrenicusBG3 Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 01:26 AM
Another disappointing Patch. No big changes.

My hopes for this game are slowly fading.

They have 1 year left and cutscenes still look horrendous.
Posted By: nikioko Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 02:39 AM
I have a problem. The launcher tells me that the installed graphics driver 473.04 is older than the proposed version 496.13 and I should update the driver. But my version is the current version, released on 31.01.2022. When I close this box, I only get the "get started" option, but none to run the game.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 05:02 AM
This sounds great from the patch notes:
Added brand new spell-casting animations that are tailored to each spell-casting class, giving each class a unique look.
Posted By: Blackheifer Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 05:09 AM
Patch is amazing. I love it!

UI changes very welcome, nice work. Group stealth, ungroup all buttons are very welcome. However is there a Lock button for the UI? I have pulled a few things off the bar.

Love the new animations and the improvements to narration.

Finally the Barbarian is a brilliant and fun addition. I like that you guys left the Exhaustion mechanic on the cutting room floor. I was hoping you would. it's a terrible mechanic that should never have been put in 5E. No doubt someone will QQ about it. I look forward to making fun of them.

Also major props for not releasing the Paladin. I can refill my supply of the "tears of Pally Fanbois" which I use to spice my food. It's a rare delicacy.

The revamped throw mechanic is extremely well-implemented so far. I look forward to having some major multiplayer shenanigans with that one.

Finally the game world feels much more stable and polished overall. Wunderbar!
Posted By: Tuco Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 05:31 AM
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Group stealth, ungroup all buttons are very welcome.
I mean, it's better than getting a frontal kick and I'm surely happier with these functions than without them, but at some point you have to wonder at what lengths is Larian willing to go NOT give up on their obscene chain system?

Especially because even with this they aren't exactly reaching "feature parity" with the alternative.
Setting an ordinate formation and/or keeping your party in a specific order is still a mess, for example.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Added brand new spell-casting animations that are tailored to each spell-casting class, giving each class a unique look.
Im a little affraid to be honest ...
Wyll was allready quite bad in hiding his class ... now it will be even worse. :-/
Posted By: S2PHANE Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 09:00 AM
Didn't expect more than which was given, its still underwhelming. Progress seems slow, communication non-existant.
End of 2023 is far away.
Posted By: WebSpyder Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Icelyn

Yes, because cosmetic changes are what is drastically needed opposed to all of the mechanical issues that still persist even after the patch.
Posted By: RutgerF Re: Patch 7 - 16/02/22 03:36 PM
Patch is amazing. I love it!
Well, at least someone loves it. An improvement, I suppose.

However is there a Lock button for the UI? I have pulled a few things off the bar.
Don't worry, hotbar's customisations are not persisted. Every time you load from save, all shortcut buttons are restored to their default bands and shuffled randomly - you know, to make sure you can actually memorise the pictograms. I'm absolutely sure you will love it.

improvements to narration.
Can you provide some examples of changed narrations? I wasn't able to spot any, so far.

The revamped throw mechanic is extremely well-implemented so far.
You mean, the visuals? I struggle to find any other differences.
Posted By: OneManArmy Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 12:32 AM
There is nothing in this patch that will force me to go through early access 3 or 4 times again, as saves stop working.

I think it's better to wait for a few more such patches, and only then launch and watch. One and a half years before the release of the full version -_-
Posted By: sheffie01 Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 01:08 AM
I'm having fun with the patch so far. Sure, not as big a change as patch 6, and the barbarian class is not the most interesting gameplay compared to the sorcerer, but it still feels fresh. Looking forward to finding some of the new items.

One big QOL change that was a major surprise for me: space bar does NOT confirm dialog options anymore. That way we can skip through the dialog super quickly, without having to worry about validating a dialog option too quickly. It's the small things.
Posted By: colinl8 Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by sheffie01
One big QOL change that was a major surprise for me: space bar does NOT confirm dialog options anymore. That way we can skip through the dialog super quickly, without having to worry about validating a dialog option too quickly. It's the small things.

Is that what that is? I'd noticed "spacing through dialog doesn't seem as horked," and I'd assumed that's what's happening. And yes, 100%, it's the small things like that.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by sheffie01
the barbarian class is not the most interesting gameplay compared to the sorcerer, but it still feels fresh.
Sorcerer is the best class for sure! 😊
Posted By: Brainer Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 07:36 AM
What I've immediately noticed is how the tags are no longer displayed anywhere on the character sheet. Are they purposefully hidden so they aren't as obvious, or will there be a separate tab for them later? Because, say, getting branded is implemented via slapping a tag on the character. Scanning through items and such also revealed the lack of slings and darts (yes, I am at it again) in the simple weapon proficiency category on the new character sheet and the missing ammunition property on ranged weapons (crossbows are still Loading, though, which doesn't mean anything at this point in the development).

The new UI in general is... strange. It feels both too minimal and having too much cramped into it at the same time. I guess it's better suited for spellcasters' convenience, which is ironic given the thematic class for this patch. Returning to the D:OS1-style charsheet in the end is kinda amusing but also showcases how experimenting with it didn't really lead anywhere.

Honestly, while Patch 6 was a good dose of optimism, this one's a bit on the opposite side. There are still no changes to reactions, or dodgy mechanics (pun intended, seeing how the Dodge action doesn't exist still), or level 5 being added (despite what many have thought the name of the PfH meant). Considering how the actual game is being developed on top of updating this, will there end up being too much stuff that's changed way too late or not changed at all? I dunno.
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 10:36 AM
I'm gonna say it, I'm happy with the 2023 release. I'm also surprised at how many in itinere changes are happening for polish.
Posted By: Temohjyn Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Another disappointing Patch. No big changes.

My hopes for this game are slowly fading.

Right there with you with just some minor tweaks: "My interest in playing this game is quickly fading."

Originally Posted by S2PHANE
... its still underwhelming. Progress seems slow, communication non-existent. End of 2023 is far away.

Sad thing is, I did expect more than what was given. I need to stop doing that. I'm glad they made a lot of quality of life enhancements, but shouldn't the quality of life enhancements be secondary to giving your EA player base new things to try and break. A class that just hits things a little harder than the Fighter, and the ability to throw goblin children at their parents, are not interesting enough to me to play through everything again. Hell, I'll go back and play Neverwinter Nights, at least in there I can cast a fireball.
Posted By: Boblawblah Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 10:51 PM
Can i kill Astarion when we meet now (in dialogue) or avoid having to go through the ridiculous wrestling?
Posted By: Malrith Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 11:26 PM
People in this forums are so negative compared to everyone else, lol. I think the game is coming along great.
I am having a blast with this patch, the new items and pieces of equipment are a lot of fun and the Barbarian has some really unique interactions with the NPCs, I loved seeing Kagha's scared expression when my character threatened her. I still wish there was a way to out her to Halsin as an ally of the Shadow Druids even if Olodan & Co. haven't revealed themselves. Once the player character gets the documents that prove her guilt (those that we can find hidden in the tree trunk) we should be able to show them to Halsin even if the druids/tiefling crisis has already been resolved.
Really looking forward to get to Grymforge with my Barbarian laugh
Posted By: Etruscan Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Malrith
People in this forums are so negative compared to everyone else, lol.

Who'd ever have imagined that different people might have different opinions, lol.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Patch 7 - 17/02/22 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
I'm also surprised at how many in itinere changes are happening for polish.
Poles are a demanding RPG crownd afterall smile
Posted By: magnus.sxg Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 02:24 AM
The new patch is unplayable for me. Game crashes every 5 minutes like clockwork. Please fix this mess please!
Posted By: Moradin's hammer Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 03:18 AM
True. My guess would be that at least some of the frequent posters (Tuco, for example) are also regulars on RPG Codex. And folks there are known for their negative opinion on Larian games in general. Maybe I'm wrong, just making an observation.
Posted By: Masakado Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 03:21 AM
I'm having a bit of an odd bug - it won't let me adjust my wisdom in character creation. All the other attributes are fine, but when my cursor goes to the plus or minus at the wisdom stat, the cursor changes to a windows style arrow and won't do anything (move it a bit and it'll show me what skills wisdom relates to but increase or decrease wis? Not happening).
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Can i kill Astarion when we meet now (in dialogue) or avoid having to go through the ridiculous wrestling?
Nope ...
Once you start talking to him you are still forced to go the same old scene ...

Still have to fight, still have to accept the appology ...
Its kinda sad that you are allowed then to kill Gale who had no hostile intentions towards you ... and Laezel whos only sin is being Gith ... pretty racist if you ask me. :-/
But you never ever can attack the man who just litteraly tryed to cut your throat. -_-
Posted By: Malrith Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Etruscan

Who'd ever have imagined that different people might have different opinions, lol.

As Shadowheart says, "I was just making an observation" wink
Not to mention, it's fun to read disparaging and salty comments. That's why rants and negativity in general thrive on the internet and especially in places like YouTube or Twitter. Drama can be very entertaining, but it's also wise not to get drowned by it.
Posted By: 1varangian Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 10:52 AM

Not to mention, it's fun to read disparaging and salty comments. That's why rants and negativity in general thrive on the internet and especially in places like YouTube or Twitter. Drama can be very entertaining, but it's also wise not to get drowned by it.
This is the only forum where you can discuss the game critically where intelligent analytical posts aren't drowned in juvenile trash talk (Steam) or downvoted into oblivion for criticizing the game, or just because (Reddit).

I think players and fans who are harder to please who want more than slapstick gameplay and romancing Astarion gather here, and Larian should pay attention.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 12:34 PM
Eh, if I log in to those forums is to give feedback - and most of the time negative feedback. If I completely hated the title, nor liked the changes Larian is making I wouldn't rebought it after my initial refund. I am not a social animal - I don't particularly care for other player experiences, or share my character, or bond over how good some things in BG3 are. I treat it as amatour testing excercise and hope that some of the gibbrish I write will help in making BG3 a better game (at least a better for myself - let's be honest I am here with a very selfish intent of campaigning for the game to be more enjoyable for myself)
Posted By: williams85 Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 01:42 PM
Agreed!
While i'm not really a discusser, im more of a reader.
But this is the only forum where you can read actual feedback on the game and the direction it is taking.
Reddit is just filled with horny deviants that want to bone everybody in the game and cancels everybody that has a different opinion and steam is just a bunch of trolls claiming that Larian is doing a cashgrab or something or other...
Originally Posted by 1varangian

This is the only forum where you can discuss the game critically where intelligent analytical posts aren't drowned in juvenile trash talk (Steam) or downvoted into oblivion for criticizing the game, or just because (Reddit).

I think players and fans who are harder to please who want more than slapstick gameplay and romancing Astarion gather here, and Larian should pay attention.

Agreed!
While i'm not really a discusser, im more of a reader.
This is the only forum where you can read actual feedback on the game and the direction it is taking.
Reddit is just filled with horny deviants that want to bone everything that moves in the game and throw barrels at eachother, and cancels everybody that has a different opinion and steam is just a bunch of trolls claiming that Larian is doing a cashgrab or asking why we can't play act2 yet, the game has been in deveolpement for like 5 years, it should be done by now", Larian is scamming you!!! Etc...
Posted By: Temohjyn Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by 1varangian
This is the only forum where you can discuss the game critically where intelligent analytical posts aren't drowned in juvenile trash talk (Steam) or downvoted into oblivion for criticizing the game, or just because (Reddit).I think players and fans who are harder to please who want more than slapstick gameplay and romancing Astarion gather here, and Larian should pay attention.

Hear hear! I'm just sorry it took me as long as it did to realize this forum even existed. Let alone existed as an intellectual sanctuary from those other two black holes.

Also, in regards to lots of negative feedback here. I'm sure that no matter what Larian did there would be negative feedback, but you do have to stop and take a moment when you realize that a bulk of the negative feedback that is filling up these forums has to do with Larian's straying further and further away from 5e purity. At some point you have to hope they actually take a look and realize that they are alienating a large portion of their audience that really, actually wanted this video game to be as close to 5e as it could get and still be fun. I mean, why else have mechanics like Action, Bonus Action, restricted movement distances, weapon proficiencies, etc. This game is supposed to be a 5e video game. Yet they keep adding in things that have no basis in 5e rules. Why? Because they think they're fun??!! You're not making this game for yourselves, you're making it for the however many hundreds of thousands of people that bought it in early access because they were excited about a true to 5e video game. I think that's why you are seeing a lot of negative feedback. Every day they stray further away from the rules system that was one of the major selling points for this game from the beginning.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moradin's hammer
True. My guess would be that at least some of the frequent posters (Tuco, for example) are also regulars on RPG Codex. And folks there are known for their negative opinion on Larian games in general. Maybe I'm wrong, just making an observation.
I DO also post sparsely on RPG Codex (where I've been a lurker for two decades) and incidentally so did Swen Vincke years ago, but I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Aside for the fact that Larian has its fair share of rabid fanboys even there, I don't "hate" the studio, I don't "hate" BG3, otherwise I'd just forget about its existence in a heartbeat, rather than fighting tooth and nail to see the issues I care about addressed and the game improved.
And if you think I'm letting someone on the Codex dictacte to me what opinion I should have about the game, you clearly have no idea what type of person you are talking to.

Also, DOS 1 and DOS 2 have been two of my favorites for years and I had both as my candidate games of the year at their respective releases, even if admittedly I grew more and more tired of some of their recurring design bollocks over time.
Posted By: mr_planescapist Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 10:15 PM
Havent bothered re-downloading...pretty much hafl-way out the door for the game; peaking in from time to time .... but,

Do we still have UI toilet chain character selection? That new UI seems to be even worst.
Was Day night cycles / Time implemented?
How about world reactivity/atmosphere? Are stuff still static and waiting for you? Interesting random encounters?
Just one extra class?
New races?
New companions?
Still cringy cinematic dialogues for EVERYTHING?
Still cartoony PG13 look?
More D&D systems/stats implemented and less weird <Disney Larian> comedy/goofy stuff?
Posted By: smberg Re: Patch 7 - 18/02/22 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Havent bothered re-downloading...pretty much hafl-way out the door for the game; peaking in from time to time .... but,

Do we still have UI toilet chain character selection? That new UI seems to be even worst.
How about world reactivity/atmosphere? Are stuff still static and waiting for you? Interesting random encounters?
Just one extra class?
New races?
New companions?
More D&D systems/stats implemented and less weird <Disney Larian> comedy/goofy stuff?

Yeah… you should probably go play something else for a few months and then check back in with Patch 8…
Posted By: Moradin's hammer Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by Tuco
I DO also post sparsely on RPG Codex (where I've been a lurker for two decades) and incidentally so did Swen Vincke years ago, but I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Aside for the fact that Larian has its fair share of rabid fanboys even there, I don't "hate" the studio, I don't "hate" BG3, otherwise I'd just forget about its existence in a heartbeat, rather than fighting tooth and nail to see the issues I care about addressed and the game improved.
And if you think I'm letting someone on the Codex dictacte to me what opinion I should have about the game, you clearly have no idea what type of person you are talking to.

Also, DOS 1 and DOS 2 have been two of my favorites for years and I had both as my candidate games of the year at their respective releases, even if admittedly I grew more and more tired of some of their recurring design bollocks over time.
I'm saying that RPG Codex used to be a very different forum from what it is now. And last I saw, the only one who consisently defended Larian games was poor Rusty, bless his heart. There were some posters who occasionally chimed in on Larian's behalf, but they were few and far between. My point is, I saw some very Codex-like behavior from a few of the regular posters here (minus "r"s and heavy use of Decline), and made a connection. And I admit, I'm a little bit salty, because this is the game I wanted someone to make for years, and now that it's finally getting made, there is this influx of top critics, who sneer and cringe at every aspect of the damn game.
Posted By: mrfuji3 Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 01:29 AM
And I admit, I'm a little bit salty, because this is the game I wanted someone to make for years, and now that it's finally getting made, there is this influx of top critics, who sneer and cringe at every aspect of the damn game.
Why do other people's comments on the internet reduce your enjoyment of the game?

No one posting here - praisers or critiquers - are what I'd call "top critics," so it's not like our opinions will affect the game's success. At least, not beyond better/worse user ratings on the full game that result from any changes Larian makes to the game because of our feedback.

The vast majority of posters here just want the game to be as good as possible, and a good amount of them are here because we enjoyed DOS1&2 and were excited for Larian to create BG3. Larian released BG3 in EA specifically to hear our feedback and have us playtest the game - reiterating the importance of feedback in multiple Panel from Hells - so that's what we're doing.
Posted By: DrCoffeeBean55 Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 06:48 AM
Patch 7 (possble bug from update?): dont know if it is just me, but when trying to customize the character and you attempt to cycle through the tattoo choices or the makeup. This includes being unable to change the color.

Suggestions: I feel there should be an "attempt to run" option when the MC discovers someone pulling a knife on them behind their back. It would be more realistic and fitting to have this as an option as well. Also Cinematic scenes dont always trigger an npc's feelings towards you depending on the choice you use, even if they are in the same area and close to your character/the mc. For some scenes it works and others you have to place all characters in a designated spot near the mc (less than a few meters, to where they at least show up in the cinematic) is the only way to trigger it sometimes thought this is not full proof.

Larian studios dont fall short on developint this game please. All you game developers I hope your passion does not dwindle and you can make this a game to remember. Add more big (existential) missions along the way that dont always have to do with any of our main character's back stories. Add some grit stories that will put our characters to the test, as well their relationships and morality. <33>
Posted By: Athkatla FC Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 10:42 AM

That would be a stupid thing to do, if you character is not a thief. I understand it makes sense from a roleplay perspective, but in the first dungeon I would regret this decission.

Btw: Do we get a barbarian companion? In the last Baldurs Gate games there was, at least, one companion for each class.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Athkatla FC
That would be a stupid thing to do
We should be able to do bad decisions ...
Let us the hell screw our game the way we want!

Btw: Do we get a barbarian companion?
No ... or at least not yet ...
Just as with Ranger, Druid and Sorcerer. :-/
Posted By: Brainer Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 01:23 PM
One positive note I got from this particular patch so far is that the whole "creatures as improvised weapons" thing may be a step towards properly implemeting grappling as a mechanic. Being able to just pick up and throw people without actually getting a proper hold of them first is kinda ridiculously unbalanced, but if shoving were to be reduced to a mild poke mostly useful for moving an enemy away a little (to free up movement for a different character, for instance) or knocking 'em down as per the rules, the grapple + throw combo could then become your way to really chuck people around. There's risk involved as the grab could fail (always succeeding when used on allies, though?), but that would also make the whole throw-a-thon much less of a cheesy tactic, making it a tactical tool to use when it's *actually* relevant. Throwing someone could work as a bonus action following the grapple on the same turn, kinda like how the Produce Flame toss is implemented.

Another thing is that tossing objects kinda became the new teleport spell from the D:OS games. "Fill a box with grenades and throw it in the fire" tactic is alive and well again, except for the weight limitations. Not that I mind, but I can see how hardcore 5e purists would see that as yet another "it's just like D:OS!1!" argument.
Posted By: fylimar Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 01:34 PM

That would be a stupid thing to do, if you character is not a thief. I understand it makes sense from a roleplay perspective, but in the first dungeon I would regret this decission.

Btw: Do we get a barbarian companion? In the last Baldurs Gate games there was, at least, one companion for each class.

Speaking as someone, who doesn't like Astarion and always finds a reason to kill him: you really don't need him. In EA Shadowheart can fill the role to open locks and disarm traps easily.
Posted By: ash elemental Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 02:05 PM
I have to admit, even though I still find melee classes boring, I have been enjoying the barbarian because of the dialogues. laugh From what I've tried, there are even small differences between the intimidation options: berserkers is more "raaagh" and gets advantage on these checks.

Funny enough my best lockpicker was my drow druid, she had very high dexterity and that combined with enhance ability and the guidance locket meant she rarely failed the checks. Imo these two spells can make anyone successful at any job.
Posted By: etonbears Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist

Just one extra class?
New races?
New companions?

Toilet chain is still there, but I have not needed to use it ( that sounds not quite as I meant it to smile ). There are now group/ungroup buttons which are really all I need for my purposes. There is also a group sneak toggle which is equally helpful.

I also find the new main UI control bar works well. It's very helpful to be able to view what an actor can do by categories; even with only 4 levels, the old activity bar became cluttered. I particulrly like the small icons above the bar that allow you to filter the type of activity ( i.e. action, bonus action, class resource action ( e.g. rage ), spells available at particular slot ), and the fact that those icons dim/desaturate when that type of activity is no longer available this turn.

I'm less sure about the actor and party panels. They are well designed, and allow some things to be more efficient, but sometimes feel a little cramped, as well as having some performance problems ( not very snappy ) at the moment.

Day/Night/Time: No, I can't see this changing because of the non-blocking coop MP design. Not to mention that the whole lighting system would need a re-design.

World Reactivity: No, everything is simple state machines and scripting, just like almost every other game.

New Class: Yes, just one for players.

New Companions: No, but Karlach has a new model/lines/runs off after you help ( apparent instant recovery from her wounds smile )

Cinematic Dialogs: Yes, most interactions are cinematic ( which is rather the USP of BG3 ), although some are still shown with the world camera.

Cartoony PG13 look: Technically, the graphics continue to improve, particularly the lighting; but for the models, Larian seem to follow 5e official visual representations, so if you don't like them, blame WotC.

5e Mechanics vs Goofy Larian: Remains a blend of both, and probably will continue that way during EA, as there are many supporters of both approaches.

So far I view every patch as an improvement ( although sometimes marginal ), including this one. My main concerns have little to do with the mechanics, more to do with the often disjointed nature of the story progress, where companions will talk about something that has not been experienced in the current playthrough, or will expouse their personal stories in repetative and sometimes contradictory ways.
Posted By: Clivehusker Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by fylimar
Speaking as someone, who doesn't like Astarion and always finds a reason to kill him: you really don't need him. In EA Shadowheart can fill the role to open locks and disarm traps easily.

Or your own character depending on the background you take. Which is another point of contention in that I'd like more background variety to mix and match character roles more.

I don't like him either except as a companion for one character of mine, because that character became a vampire in IRL D&D campaign and their hits at him making your character one fits for that 'roleplay' experience for me. Otherwise I'd rather take pretty much any other companion than him.

Yeah this patch is just meh.
Fluff I didn't care about while classes and races still missing from the game. And some core mechanics still not working as they should.
Posted By: etonbears Re: Patch 7 - 19/02/22 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by ash elemental
I have to admit, even though I still find melee classes boring, I have been enjoying the barbarian because of the dialogues. laugh From what I've tried, there are even small differences between the intimidation options: berserkers is more "raaagh" and gets advantage on these checks.

Unfortunately, 5e is pretty boring by the standards of earlier D&D versions, and 5e martial classes are particularly dull mechanically. But, like you, I have enjoyed the dialog and skill interactions of my pint-sized bundle of halfling/bear fury smile , maybe even enough to choose the class for my first release playthrough.
Posted By: Tarorn Re: Patch 7 - 20/02/22 01:38 AM
Just at the Druid grove so early days but I’m enjoying the changes thus far. New lighting is great it’s more atmospheric and the ui I don’t have an issue with once you get the hang of it.
My dwarven fighter is enjoying throwing javelins & handaxes and daggers just because he can 😋
Posted By: Dexai Re: Patch 7 - 24/02/22 05:49 PM
I just started up my first proper patch 7 gamethrough today and I can't believe nobody mentioned the greatest change of all

Spacebar no longer chooses responses in dialogues!
Posted By: andreasrylander Re: Patch 7 - 24/02/22 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Dexai
I just started up my first proper patch 7 gamethrough today and I can't believe nobody mentioned the greatest change of all

Spacebar no longer chooses responses in dialogues!

Oh heck you're right!! That is awesome. =)
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Patch 7 - 24/02/22 07:11 PM
nobody mentioned
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=808016#Post808016

I feel oversighted. frown frown frown laugh
Posted By: Zellin Re: Patch 7 - 24/02/22 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
nobody mentioned
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=808016#Post808016

I feel oversighted. frown frown frown laugh
I had some problems resisting to tell him that he probably made you sad.
© Larian Studios forums