Posted By: Crimsomrider Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 03:52 PM
In terms of improvements I'd like to see;

• Colors and lighting improved and fixed
  • Hair physics reintroduced
  • Tiefling tail animated
  • Bugs fixed
  • Certain encounters like Arka's properly made

In terms of additions;

• I'm curious to see how belts and cloaks will look and fit into the equipment slots
  • Would be nice if all outfits and armors seen on NPCs could be looted and equipped instead of just a handful currently in EA
  • More customization options are always nice (hair, makeup, tattoos)

Other than that I have nothing specific, so whatever is added will be a nice surprise. I mostly would just like fixes and improvements ^^
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 03:54 PM
Revampt reactions
Limitations to what spells Wizards can learn
Posted By: professoryins Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 04:35 PM
MONK
Posted By: MelivySilverRoot Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
* Colors and lighting improved and fixed
* Hair physics reintroduced
+1
I miss hair physics and dark hair so much! I want to whip my dark-green hair back-and-forth damn it 😝
I tried to have a character with brown hair and silver highlights once. Looked perfect in CC but, in game, Tav would look like she just had plain grey hair. Not the same vibe 👵

The lighting technicians seemingly sleeping on the job every now and then during certain cutscenes (especially during conversation with Astarion and Gale) is bit unprofessional 😅
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
"Now you see me, now you don't".
This difference a fraction of a second can make.

* Bugs fixed
+1
That's a given...I hope.

The bugs I found the most distracting this patch are the ones that happen during conversations :
- Tav's dialogue options are sometimes being replaced by a "Continue Scene".
- Random long pause when NPCs/companions talk.
- Random "angle" (or cut) to somewhere else entirely. See example here.

* Would be nice if all outfits and armors seen on NPCs could be looted and equipped instead of just a handful currently in EA
* More customization options are always nice (hair, makeup, tattoos)
+1
I would also love the options to add scars and to change the starting outfit (at least to have different color options?).
Posted By: Topper Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 05:48 PM
"I miss hair physics and dark hair so much! I want to whip my dark-green hair back-and-forth damn it 😝" :D:D

Hoping for more and continuing depth to the main and side quests. More dialogue options. Continuing the theme that this is a game aimed at adults. Pirates.
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 08:20 PM
Arcane Archer
Blood Hunter
Echo Knight
Raven Knight
Artificier
Multiclassing
Party of 6

Just kidding! I would already be satisfied with a few minor and outstanding improvements:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=100742&Number=813758#Post813758
Slings, Nets, Whips and Scythes
Heavy Armor
Customize armor color
Reaction spells
more elemental based spells especially water (Tidal Wave, Water Whip, Ice Knife, Storm Sphere)
Half-Orc
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 08:24 PM
So ... my tier list nobody asked for. laugh

1) Things i believe are basicaly ensured we get:
- New class (fingers crossed for Monk!)
- Some items (i would really love to have hand-wraps for unarmed combat!)
- Updated UI (especialy hotbar, on wich they, based on Swens speach, "are still working")
- Few spells
- Some updated dialogues (or previously missing)
- Lots and lots bugfixes
And thats it, that would be my boring most realistic prediction ...

2) Things i wouldnt like to see, but wont be surprised if we dong get:
- Both missing classes (i mean time 'til release IS geting short ...)
- Some missing subclasses
- Finished features (like fog of war, UI, reactions, character creation, etc.)
- Promissed features added (like rolled stats, custom party, multiclassing, etc.)
- Level 5 (or maybe even 6)
- Rework for allready existing magic items, spells, or features.

3) Things i dont genuinely believe we get, but would be cool as hell:
- New zone
- New race
- All missing spells
- All missing subclasses

4) And finaly my wildest dreams, that realisticly seems almost impossible:
- Proper comunication with us, telling us wich things are by now set in stone, and wich topics they are still willing to discuss in Larian.

I know, i am an incorrigible dreamer, but what can I do? O:)
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 10:16 PM
My wish list:
  • Halsin made a companion!🐻🐻🐻
  • Updated dialogue system: 1) Option to default to pc for dialogue that starts automatically and 2) SWTOR-style dialogue for multiplayer
  • Option to turn off dirt on face
  • Transmog
  • Option to turn off encumbrance
Posted By: JandK Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 12/09/22 10:28 PM
1. New armor/clothing options-- especially ability to loot things like Nere's robes, etc...,

2. Half-orc,

3. New area, like the githyanki creche along the mountain pass,

4. New subclasses for wizard and rogue,

5. Something like Hexblade for Wyll,

6. Level five.
Posted By: Crimsomrider Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/09/22 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Icelyn
My wish list:
  • Transmog

Oh yes, I hope they do add transmog eventually as there are so many wonderful looking outfits and armors in the game, but most of them are terribly useless compared to other ones.

For example the Bloodguzzler Garb. Love its look and would use it for my Barbarian, but hate its stats.
Posted By: Vitani Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/09/22 04:27 PM
My wish list:
  • Updated dialogue system: 1) Option to default to pc for dialogue that starts automatically and 2) SWTOR-style dialogue for multiplayer
  • Option to turn off dirt on face
  • Transmorg

Yes to all of the above. Especially the dirt, it's annoying because it's simply unrealistic in 90% of cases we get mud all over our characters.

SWtoR style multiplayer dialogues would be a dream, but I don't hold my breath for this one frown
Posted By: Ranxerox Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/09/22 04:40 PM
In terms of improvements I'd like to see;

[*]Would be nice if all outfits and armors seen on NPCs could be looted and equipped instead of just a handful currently in EA

+1 and seems like something that would be relatively easy to do.
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/09/22 08:41 PM
I would guess it is going to be:

1a. A new class. I am guessing Monk as they want to keep Paladin for release or closer to release given it is maybe the most anticipated class.
1b. A note on my guess... if it is Paladin, I bet we end up having a Paladin companion activated in the story that we can use.
1c. Another note on my guess... I think another possibility with release drawing near is maybe they do not give us a new class, but rather some new subclasses as to save some bigger things for full release.

2. More updates to cinematics, visuals and the UI. With release getting closer these are only going to get better.

3. More character creation options like hairstyles, body types, etc. This is another thing that makes sense to me closer to release.

4. Enabling the option to pick alternative, but close classes for companions. For instance you will be able to pick if Gale is a Wizard or Sorcerer.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/09/22 10:13 PM
Shove as an action
Reaction system
Better short rests
Better long rests
Proper spell list
Remove throwing potion
Fast travel rework (no more runes that makes no sense, just checkpoints on the worldmap)

It would mostly solve my biggest mechanical issues at this point.
Posted By: dbarron Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/09/22 04:52 AM
Maybe the biggest thing (which won't happen) is to just know what to expect going forward (ie show your cards Larian, give us a road map and dates).
Posted By: Demothios Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/09/22 07:44 AM
1. Opening up the old temple complex visible from the platform behind the "poison room" Nere was trapped in.

And yeah, with Misty Step spells and scrolls you can get your whole unto the little platform (first one will make little comment about the ruins below)... but even feather-falling down currently kills you.

And that area looks really, really interesting, simply aesthetically if not for all the possible quests and items (pixie dust, dark justiciar mystery reveal, etc) that may be there.

2. No longer requiring multiple long rests per one companion. If multiple companions (including animals or the three extra npc's) have special dialogue, make it *all* available at once during that rest.

3. Flavor: If your character is on friendly terms with the Zhents beneath Waukeen's Rest, make it possible to warn the Zhents at goblin camp about you attacking (with persuasion check or they warn the goblins) so they'll relocate to... say, their Underdark camp after you've killed the goblin camp bosses.

4. Make it possible for Laezel to succeed her deception check with the arrogant toadbat again? If wasn't for the ogre horn and my last living character running around alot, I would not have survived that fight. Makes fighting Nere and the entire duegar base feel easy.

5. Increase EA level cap to 5?
Posted By: Firesong Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 18/10/22 07:18 PM
1. One more character level
2. Heterochromia in character creation options, please... I'm so into heterochromia <3
Posted By: Eagle Pursuit Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 18/10/22 09:32 PM
I expect a class, but I'm hoping for two. Some new subclasses would be nice. Perhaps some new spells to go with them.

I'm hoping that the next patch will be the last one for EA and the game will come out sometime in Q2 of '23.
Posted By: Baronvonheadless Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 18/10/22 10:25 PM
It would be great to just play the fucking game in patch 9?

As far as my suped up 2019 MacBook Pro goes, I still could not save the game in patch 8 without crashing.

So I've ever got to do a bard run yet, which is one of my favorite classes in table top.

They said they fixed it with hot fix 29 but that def did NOT fix it on my end.

save = crash

every time for me.
Posted By: Ranxerox Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 18/10/22 10:27 PM
Would be nice to have some time to play around with Level 5 before full release. Not optimistic though.
Posted By: Krom Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 18/10/22 11:16 PM
1) Paladin

2) Plate armor

3) Multiclass

4) Missing subclasses

5) Hexblade

6) Hexblade

7) Hexblade

etc :P
Posted By: snowram Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 19/10/22 12:24 AM
I want both half-orc and dragonborn as they will probably attempt a cosplay of them during the panel from hell grin
Posted By: Zarna Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 19/10/22 06:01 AM
A proper reaction system

Shove fixed to 5 ft and made an action

Single player game to be able to pause the entire world

Expandable hotbar, need more spaces

The ability to pan the camera up and down
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 19/10/22 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by Baronvonheadless
save = crash

every time for me.
Question is: What you did before?

Comunity figured out that certain actions corrupt your game so it crash when you save ...
Example of such action is Goodberry ... if you try to learn it, cast it, or eat it ... next time you save it will crash no matter what.
Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Zarna
<3 <3 <3
Posted By: Street Hero Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 19/10/22 09:50 AM
Fix the god damn hotkey in the bar and Dual-wielding non light weapon for fuck sake...
Posted By: Vitani Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 19/10/22 10:09 AM
I hope for a new class and hope for paladin.
I hope they fix the lighting problem.
I expect a release date.

And that's about it. No other hopes or expectations. At this point I just want to be done with the patches and experience the full game frown
Posted By: Hoppa Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 19/10/22 11:42 AM
Give me a UI that I can resize (as in Make the Mini Map Mini again), including all the portraits etc.
Stop all the exaggerated audio- and visual effects, so I don't feel I'm playing a Disney cartoon anymore.
Extra content would be nice, but for that I can wait for the full release.
Posted By: Flooter Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 21/10/22 02:30 PM
Combat revamp.

Two of the three main combat ressources have been significantly changed (bonus actions and reactions) from the source rules. The changes make combat cumbersome (selecting reactions) and repetitive (selecting bonus actions). I hope this gets changed.

Swen said in DoS2's post mortem that early access players saw the problem with combat and he wished Larian had addressed their concerns. Concerns about BG3's combat have existed from day 1. Let's hope Larian learn from their well documented mistakes.
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 21/10/22 03:14 PM
My personal preference at this point would be that they stop patching content and save everything for the release of the game. I think it would just 'hit harder' if there is a massive content dump at launch rather than it continuing to trickle in.

As for what I think will be announced at the next PFH though.

1. A new class OR tacking on some subclasses instead to start to save some content for launch.
2. If it is just subclasses then maybe a new companion in order to address player disappointment.
3. More visual updates, polish, UI upgrades, QoL stuff, etc.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 21/10/22 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
think it would just 'hit harder' if there is a massive content dump at launch rather than it continuing to trickle in.
I am confident that will be the case. They have been holding stuff off till 1.0 in the past, and they are bound to pull the same trick again.
Posted By: PaladinKing Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 21/10/22 07:43 PM
I am really hoping for the Paladin and maybe some expansion to the the Clerics/Priests so there are more Deities and Domains of Clerical/Priestly magic to choose from.

Plate Armour would be great if it comes with the Paladin to put in it.

I would love to see some crafting become available beyong the Masterwork Weapon and single potion brewing in the Druids Grove.

Some magic belts and gloves would be nice, if nothing else, they would fill the empty spaces on the inventory.
Posted By: andreasrylander Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 22/10/22 12:36 AM
Reactioooooons!!!
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 22/10/22 11:39 AM
Paladin class. Hopefully multiclass possibility. More subclasses for classes and more domains for Cleric. Well if multiclass will not be in BG3 then please tell that information.
Posted By: Willeric Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 24/10/22 11:44 PM
The spells Spirit Guardians and Spiritual Weapon so I can play a Cleric the way I’d like to!
Posted By: gaymer Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 25/10/22 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by Willeric
The spells Spirit Guardians and Spiritual Weapon so I can play a Cleric the way I’d like to!

Spiritual Weapon had some patch notes in Patch 8, but then they removed it from the changelog. I don't know why they haven't implemented it yet to the public if it's in the files.
Posted By: dbarron Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 25/10/22 05:59 AM
I just wish the communication blackout was over and they published a detailed Roadmap.
Posted By: Baronvonheadless Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 25/10/22 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Baronvonheadless
save = crash

every time for me.
Question is: What you did before?

Comunity figured out that certain actions corrupt your game so it crash when you save ...
Example of such action is Goodberry ... if you try to learn it, cast it, or eat it ... next time you save it will crash no matter what.
Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Zarna
<3 <3 <3

Thank you for at least replying! I have made comments about this on every forum and multiple threads, and including filled a support ticket with Larian that never got answered lmao!

So I'm talking I can't save past the first battle with lazeal on the nautiloid. Or maybe save at all. It auto saves when you are first on the nautiloid and at certain scenes right?

So my issue with patch 8, even after re-installing the game is that if I try to manually save it crashes, no matter what or when. And extremely early. Right off the bat. It seems to only accept auto saves for whatever reason.
Posted By: LostSoul Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 29/10/22 10:25 PM
Patch 9 paladin, some new items, some bug fixes Nov 2022

Q1 2023 Monk, some new items, some bug fixes.

Q2 2023 1.0 to get lvl 5+, reactions, missing subclasses, extra companions, more bug fixes, multiclassing, finish act1 and act 2+

Possibility we get say reactions to test just before 1.0
Posted By: Kethlar Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 31/10/22 03:03 PM
Saw this posted in the Steam discussion forum. Any thoughts? It looks legit,

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/history/

Added patch9 timeupdated: 31 October 2022 – 01:26:48 UTC (1667179608)
Added patch9 pwdrequired: 1
Added patch9 description: EA Patch 9
Added patch9 buildid: 9833764
Added patch9 Depot 1086941 encrypted_size_2: 316F86A42C9FA6850DAD5226B3D007C5
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 31/10/22 03:14 PM
My only thought was that this update saved lots of youtuber's asses from embarasment.
Posted By: Aazo Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 03:23 AM
My list of what I feel needs to be added in patch 9:

1. Monk Class
2. FIX SHOVE to meet 5e requirements.
3. Next race
4. FIX SHOVE to meet 5e requirements.
5. Fix ranges on spells and ranged weapons to meet 5e range rule-set. Not artificially shortened to 18 meters as they currently are.
6. FIX SHOVE to meet 5e requirements.

My list of what I would like to see by game launch.

1. Shove behaving as it should.
2. All PH races and variants available, with a possible few additional options like (Tabaxi, Elf subs: Shadar-kai (would fit this story well), and Eladrin, Genasi, and Tortle).
3. Ranges or range damage adjusted so melee does not have such a drastic advantage as it is currently with the ranges nerfed to max at 18 meters for spells and missiles.
4. Crossbow fire rate to be accurate to 5e (max 1 per round) unless wielder has Crossbow Expert skill.
Posted By: Tarorn Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 08:53 AM
Can’t wait ….just get patch 9 out asap !,,
Posted By: dbarron Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 09:07 AM
I don't think (unless I missed it) that we have yet had our scheduling of the seemingly requisite PFH.
Posted By: Kethlar Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 01:13 PM
JMO, but I think we will hear something about the PFH this week, perhaps even today as I seem to think they make these announcements on Tuesdays.
Posted By: Krom Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 03:02 PM
Well, the time is near, we will hear something eventually, but when is a question mark right now.

We got ghosted yesterday :P
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 03:27 PM
Keep hoping and you are bound to be eventually right!

Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kethlar
Saw this posted in the Steam discussion forum. Any thoughts? It looks legit,

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/history/

Added patch9 timeupdated: 31 October 2022 – 01:26:48 UTC (1667179608)
Added patch9 pwdrequired: 1
Added patch9 description: EA Patch 9
Added patch9 buildid: 9833764
Added patch9 Depot 1086941 encrypted_size_2: 316F86A42C9FA6850DAD5226B3D007C5

For every patch since the beginning, they appeared 4-5 weeks before release in the steamdb deposit.
So my thoughts are : except if they have changed something, don't except the next patch soon.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Keep hoping and you are bound to be eventually right!
That’s my philosophy! 😂 My next guess is a November release for patch 9!
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 04:45 PM
Given that it is drifting closer to the holiday season for patch 9 it seems like an ideal time to announce a release date if they have one in mind.

Could help boost sales during the Christmas season.
Posted By: Kethlar Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 05:08 PM
JMO, but I think they will do the PFH the week of Nov 14th and release the patch on the 22nd right before Thanksgiving. As Lake said above, they might even announce a release date at the same time. I still think a Feb/Mar release makes sense to me.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 09:13 PM
I think people need to get realistic expectations though. There is maybe no Hexadin Warlock option coming and it does not exist in Players Handbook. There is no Polearm feat at least yet implemented and feats is optional rule in DnD 5 to begin with. How are they going to fix Paladin level 5 spell Summon Steed that also a Wizard Conjuration School could cast? I do not know if that is going to be in BG3 in any form? Well and as for races. They do not need to release any race that is not in Players Handbook though Gityanki already released. There are a number of Cleric domains that will be added to the game from Players Handbook, but Twilight Domain is not in Players Handbook so not for full release I believe very strongly.
Can mods add stuff? Sure but I was talking about base full game BG3 with official supported features. In addition in far future perhaps an expansion that you can buy will increase level cap and bring some more DnD 5 features.

That release date Kethlar mentioned might be accurate and I believe this game will be released within first 6 months of 2023.
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
I think people need to get realistic expectations though. There is maybe no Hexadin Warlock option coming and it does not exist in Players Handbook. There is no Polearm feat at least yet implemented and feats is optional rule in DnD 5 to begin with. How are they going to fix Paladin level 5 spell Summon Steed that also a Wizard Conjuration School could cast? I do not know if that is going to be in BG3 in any form? Well and as for races. They do not need to release any race that is not in Players Handbook though Gityanki already released. There are a number of Cleric domains that will be added to the game from Players Handbook, but Twilight Domain is not in Players Handbook so not for full release I believe very strongly.
Can mods add stuff? Sure but I was talking about base full game BG3 with official supported features. In addtion in far future perhaps an expansion that will increase level cap and bring some more features.

That release date Kethlar mentioned might be accurate and I believe this game will be released within first 6 months of 2023.

I think people's high hopes are due to the respect that they have for Larian as a developer.

I don't think it would shock anyone if Artificer is a class, there are like four additional races outside of the player's handbook and there are like 12-15 companions or something like that.

But yeah - expecting stuff like that is setting yourself up for the big sad.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/11/22 09:23 PM
Can mods add stuff? Sure but I was talking about base full game BG3 with official supported features. In addtion in far future perhaps an expansion that will increase level cap and bring some more features.

I think people's high hopes are due to the respect that they have for Larian as a developer.

I don't think it would shock anyone if Artificer is a class, there are like four additional races outside of the player's handbook and there are like 12-15 companions or something like that.

But yeah - expecting stuff like that is setting yourself up for the big sad.
Yes do not get me wrong. I do not have anything against more races and lots of other stuff, but simply want this game to be soon (hopefully within first 6 months of year 2023) released and not postponed to year 2024.
Posted By: Count Turnipsome Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Shove as an action
Reaction system
Better short rests
Better long rests
Proper spell list
Remove throwing potion
Fast travel rework (no more runes that makes no sense, just checkpoints on the worldmap)

It would mostly solve my biggest mechanical issues at this point.

Exact same list for me.
<adding> stuff like classes, areas etc...should go WAY last in priority. Fine for the final release.

Beating a dead horse at this point ...would add core features such as :

Day/night
Time
A more immersive less static Faerun world
kind of companion revamp... I have lost interest with every single companions, and there are to few to choose. And my main doesn't have an appealing story...feels like a side character.

But at this point Larian is probably close to being done with the game, things now being calibrated for release.
My excitement went for amazing to meh pretty quickly.
And I feel I am not the only one...Reading Steam reviews, Gog reviews, D&D forums, Pathfinder forums, Infinity Engine forums, RPGcodex, Discord RPG servers ...People who deny that the game is a disappointment are really blinded by reality of things. Main culprit being this game being called a Baldur's gate game.
Like it or not that is the general opinion, and this was not the way during the DOS2 days.
Posted By: Figulus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 12:49 AM
Same answer i've given since 1st Patch ; PALADIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Figulus
Same answer i've given since 1st Patch ; PALADIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's probably why it is being saved for release. wink
Posted By: Bird Person Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 08:03 AM
I think people need to get realistic expectations though. There is maybe no Hexadin Warlock option coming and it does not exist in Players Handbook.

Look, I already know at this point that I'm probably going to ditch the game midway through like I did DOS2 just due to me being... not a fan of the theme-parky and sterile nature of the game world and the 'balls-to-the-wall from the word go' action movie narrative that is present in EA. That being said, if I can at the very least play as an Oathbreaker Paladin hanging with my Jack Skellingtons I'll enjoy that and it will have been worth the cost of admission.
Posted By: Krom Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 11:28 AM
It is pretty bonkers though that Githyanki is an option. I mean even when we had the option to play them in 3.5 edition we never did, even with the LA tradeoff. They are not a popular race, or even a liked race, unlike drow for example, people very often wanted to play one, even when it was difficult. Aasimars were also more popular than tieflings, but we saw the second appear in 5e phb while the first appeared in dm's guide and later on volo's guide. Some decisions of 5e were... interesting to say the least. Oathbreaker paladin and Death cleric, arguably some of the better mechanical routes tied to evil or npc only, in DM's guide. And now, we are gonna pay the price for it, with a phb-only game.

Anyway, people have expectations that they will see PHB features, we get it. They have hopes for something more though, because of several reasons.

1) Larian usually overdelivers from what they promised.

2) There probably are going to be some more options because of story, or setting, or whatever *cough Githyanki coudh*, and no one even asked for Gith. Imagine people's horror when they realize they can't play a fan-favorite aasimar paladin, but they can play a gith worldhater.

3) Some things don't work mechanically well from the PHB only. Some stellar options are missing, and some that even make builds work. Melee Warlocks do-not-work, period. Only with eldritch smite or/and Hexblade you can make them work. Which makes me wonder, what is even the purpose of Wyll, can anyone even make him work, as a melee character? Blade of Lowtiers more likely.

Anyway, pretty much people should understand that when they make "promises for only the PHB and they'll see", it means wait for PHB. Maybe they'll surprise us with something more. And let's hope they do, because i am not really looking forward to going back playing a stale PHB only game. PHB only 5th edition is not something to look forward to, no matter how hard it is to implement more stuff. Also, other companies *cough Owlcat cough*, managed to implement tons more classes, archetypes, prestige classes, feats, mythic paths even, that were available all from the alpha of the game(except some mythic paths).

Anyway, the game is probably feature complete, and we haven't even heard what are the final races and (sub)classes of the final release yet. Which means, either we won't like it because it's kinda basic PHB+gith, or they want to surprise us.

Still, i wanna prepare myself from what exactly we're getting. No point getting disappointed later, or close to release.

And no, assuming only PHB material is in, doesn't cut it. I want confirmation.
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Bird Person
I think people need to get realistic expectations though. There is maybe no Hexadin Warlock option coming and it does not exist in Players Handbook.

Look, I already know at this point that I'm probably going to ditch the game midway through like I did DOS2 just due to me being... not a fan of the theme-parky and sterile nature of the game world and the 'balls-to-the-wall from the word go' action movie narrative that is present in EA. That being said, if I can at the very least play as an Oathbreaker Paladin hanging with my Jack Skellingtons I'll enjoy that and it will have been worth the cost of admission.

This is an interesting take because it is rather similar to how I view the game. The whole starting during a Michael Bay action sequence thing just rubs me the wrong way - big time.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 was somewhat similar for me. I remember picking it up and being like "This is what everyone is raving about as one of the best RPGs of all-time?" - then I got about three hours into the game or so and it really started to shine for me. It went from a game I was super skeptical about to being probably my second favorite game ever made... and I think it could have ended up being my favorite if Act 4 wasn't so meh.

I still theorize that due to the combat being so fun and the mechanics being so interesting I kind of ended up falling in love with a lot of the goofy story and at times over the top characters.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Krom
It is pretty bonkers though that Githyanki is an option.
Githyanki will likely play a major part in narrative => we have githyanki companion => companions are playable origins and therefore githuanki reactivity is being made => as this stuff is done, giving access to githuanki as a playable character becomes a low effort thing to add, as it just means giving custom pc a piece of Leazel's reactivity.
Posted By: Krom Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 12:49 PM
I think they will indeed. If Gith are a playable race, i wonder if we're gonna visit their Queen even?

Still, can't say i'm a fan of them :p

p.s. i still wanna slap lae'zel >.>
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 02:19 PM
I think they will indeed. If Gith are a playable race, i wonder if we're gonna visit their Queen even?
My guess would be that she will be a minor antagonist in the latter side of the game and part of Laez's story line.
Posted By: Zaies Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 10:27 PM
I Think at least, we should have the same races as Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the betrayer. I want Genasi to be available.
Posted By: dwig Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 11:16 PM
Githyanki will likely play a major part in narrative => we have githyanki companion => companions are playable origins and therefore githuanki reactivity is being made => as this stuff is done, giving access to githuanki as a playable character becomes a low effort thing to add, as it just means giving custom pc a piece of Leazel's reactivity.

Wait... Its been several months since I had the game installed, but I thought that Githyanki was already a playable race? Wasn't it available day one?
Posted By: Eagle Pursuit Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 02/11/22 11:30 PM
It looks like the Patch 9 QA branch was finally established this week.
Posted By: Bird Person Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 12:12 AM
I still theorize that due to the combat being so fun and the mechanics being so interesting I kind of ended up falling in love with a lot of the goofy story and at times over the top characters.

Yeah, the combat (even though it was very simple and full of stat bloat) was unique enough for me to get hooked by it. The thing that did me in was its world just feeling... empty. I mean, there were things there but it all felt so curated and sterile like a fine art museum and not a world that people actually lived in. I think that's the thing that gets me with BG3, as well, on top of the aforementioned "Michael Bay-esque action set pieces" and over-the-top epic writing.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by dwig
Wait... Its been several months since I had the game installed, but I thought that Githyanki was already a playable race? Wasn't it available day one?
Yes, just tried to present a possible reasoning for them being made into a playable race.
Posted By: HandsomeJakx Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 04:38 AM
I would just really enjoy having controller support implemented on steam
Posted By: BlackCatActual Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 06:51 AM
Things I would like to see in patch 9:

- a way to respec your character, even if it doesn't allow changing class and race, as long as you can redo abilities and choices made as the character levels up. (allow respec for follower characters too)
- remove the damnable level cap! frown some encounters are just broken because of this.

That's it, actually.

the level 4 cap is ridiculous. You could have at least made it level 5.
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 08:18 AM
In addition to my first entry pls give us:

- a Blowpipe
- finally a decent custom party creation that doesn't rely on this stupid, cumbersome multiplayer mode
- and again: multiclassing (ideally with level 5/6) which alone in combination with the existing EA stuff would then give us more "gameplay and experimentation" instead of us having to waste that time with frustrated waiting for a new patch --> let's finally test it and give feedback on it

Why let us hang around during this time instead of using this time to test with us? I don't want to be spoiled with new story sections or locations. I'd rather test the class mechanics, and that includes multiclassing per se exclamation
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by BlackCatActual
- a way to respec your character, even if it doesn't allow changing class and race, as long as you can redo abilities and choices made as the character levels up. (allow respec for follower characters too)
Is this even supposed to be in the game?

I mean, dont get me wrong i can see its benefits ...
But also cant really help the feeling that the most important difference between Wizard and Sorcerer would be wiped out. O_o
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by BlackCatActual
Is this even supposed to be in the game?

I mean, dont get me wrong i can see its benefits ...
But also cant really help the feeling that the most important difference between Wizard and Sorcerer would be wiped out. O_o

If it gets put into the game I imagine it will show up like it did in Divinity: Original Sin 2. Some kind of item or object you encounter in your camp or at a later time in the game that lets you do it - rather than it being a button you just push.

It also wouldn't shock me if they drop DLC patches like they did with D:OS2 to add additional features and functionality. Respec might come in one of these later down the line.
Posted By: Krom Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 04:30 PM
Muticlassing without paladin is a steak without salt :P
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 05:17 PM

No prob keep the salt. I'll take the steak. :hihi:
Posted By: Krom Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus

No prob keep the salt. I'll take the steak. :hihi:

Fine :P

Don't tell me to pass the salt later :P
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 07:23 PM
Yeah, but I would like that we will get patch 9 in year 2022. Unfortunately we do not have any confirmation this will happen in year 2022.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 07:30 PM
Hmm I would set some limited expectations. My strong guess is that Hexadin of Warlock will not be released in BG full release which makes Warlock/Paladin build is much less popular. There are of course other multiclass possibilites.
Posted By: Krom Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 08:12 PM
Hmm I would set some limited expectations. My strong guess is that Hexadin of Warlock will not be released in BG full release which makes Warlock/Paladin build is much less popular. There are of course other multiclass possibilites.

I don't expect -at this point- to see Hexblade warlock in the official release of the game, at least at start. Maybe however, we will see it, either because of story reasons, or because it would fix the problem of melee warlocks not working in the base PHB conveniently.

Another way would be to buff pact of the blade, but you also need eldritch smite ability, without it, there-is-not a melee warlock. It would be much faster and easier to just put hexblade in and be done with it, than trying to rebalance pact of the blade, along with any imbalances that arise because you changed an already established and -somewhat- balanced system.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 08:45 PM

I don't expect -at this point- to see Hexblade warlock in the official release of the game, at least at start. Maybe however, we will see it, either because of story reasons, or because it would fix the problem of melee warlocks not working in the base PHB conveniently.

Another way would be to buff pact of the blade, but you also need eldritch smite ability, without it, there-is-not a melee warlock. It would be much faster and easier to just put hexblade in and be done with it, than trying to rebalance pact of the blade, along with any imbalances that arise because you changed an already established and -somewhat- balanced system.
This game will most have from Players Handbook. Hexblade is not in Players Handbook. I would guess that though that if you do Paladin/Warlock you can smite with Warlocks spells in this game. Of course I can promise this but I would guess as yes for that. Same if you do Paladin/Sorcerer build I would guess you can smite with Sorcerer spells.

Another thing what I would like to know is how would they fix Paladin spell level 2 Find Steed? Really? This is computer game we will see how this is done? Perhaps that spell Find Steed is not in this game? On the other hand we have seen that Druid can shapeshift to many forms. Having a mount for anyone that can cast spell Find Steed in BG3 would be nice addon. Honestly only Larian knows answer to this and hard for me to guess.

With mods and perhaps much later some expansions then we could get more things to BG3 I believe. However the system I play will not use any mods that give things like more powerful characters that are not in official release unless it is graphics, music's and such things. Of course the ultimate dream would be if they could make content like adventures and monsters for BG3 with mods, but I doubt that.
Posted By: Krom Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 03/11/22 09:44 PM
There likely won't be a find steed spell in the game, since i don't think mounts or riding are in it in general.

As for PHB only content, that's what we know so far. PHB plus maybe something more(like with githyanki), but they would have to decide on that, and we don't know what decisions they took.

Also, Larian usually does not overpromise, they promise something, but usually deliver something more. So there is hope, but we have no knowledge at this point. Some people claim they datamined content even up to Tasha's. So we'll see.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 04/11/22 06:52 AM
Just want to point out that while its true that Larian said this game content will be based mostly on PHB ...
They never said, nor even hinted that no other source will be used ... quite the contrary ... we wre told about then using other books in AMA before EA even started, we have Githyanki, Ranger Sorcerer and Barbarian were changed.

I dont understand why some people still claim that whats not in PHB will not be there ... when we all know it allready is!
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 04/11/22 11:34 AM
I dont understand why some people still claim that whats not in PHB will not be there ... when we all know it allready is!
That’s the safest assumption. Larian said they are aiming to have PHB content in, so that’s what people stick to. Don’t want to keep peoples hopes up for things that are unlikely to be in the game. Generally people don’t have to clarify that they are not planning to do the thing, they never claimed to be planning to do.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 04/11/22 03:32 PM
Keeping false hopes is bad ... i agree.
But just as bad is to needlessly frustrate them. :-/

Yes, we know that most of PHB should be present (corect me if you have link to their original statement, but i believe they didnt say "all" of it) ...
Beyond that? We dont know anything.

And stating both absence, or presence of any other content is nothing but a wild guess.
I just cant understand why people cant simply say "we dont know" rather than "nah, this will never be there since its not from PHB" ...
Just by looking at the game right now is unshakeable proof that second statement is factualy false. laugh
Posted By: snowram Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 04/11/22 03:57 PM
Keeping false hopes is bad ... i agree.
But just as bad is to needlessly frustrate them. :-/

Yes, we know that most of PHB should be present (corect me if you have link to their original statement, but i believe they didnt say "all" of it) ...
Beyond that? We dont know anything.

And stating both absence, or presence of any other content is nothing but a wild guess.
I just cant understand why people cant simply say "we dont know" rather than "nah, this will never be there since its not from PHB" ...
Just by looking at the game right now is unshakeable proof that second statement is factualy false. laugh
Most people don't say the former because otherwise, you would have a lot of not so bright people who would endlessly complain about being betrayed. Just look how people reacted to the 2nd birthday, and there wasn't even an announcement there!
Posted By: mrfuji3 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 04/11/22 04:08 PM
The most recent interview I found from a very quick Google search related to 5e content in BG3: https://www.eurogamer.net/baldurs-gate-3-patch-6-impressions-and-an-interview-with-larian on October 14, 2021 (~Patch 6)

Originally Posted by Interview
Interviewer: You mentioned you're doing all 12 D&D classes there.
Swen: Yeah, we're doing the classes that are in the Player Handbook. They are the ones that are going in. I hope we openly communicated that part because that's what we're doing.

Interviewer: You won't be pulling in any classes, or subclasses, added in new D&D books then?
Swen: No, that's why we... The Player Handbook on its own is already quite a lot of work, to do it the way that we want to do it, so we're sticking to that. If we manage to get it all right, we will be very happy, because that's a lot

The older statements seem to have left the topic of including non PHB/MM/DMB material more open. E.g.,
2020 Reddit AMA. Swen: "PHB/MM/DMG are the base we are starting from but we are taking material from other books too."

tl;dr: Classes/subclasses are confirmed to be PHB-only. Other non-PHB 5e material like races (besides Githyanki), spells, feats, etc are possible but unlikely given the amount of work Larian still needs to do to get all PHB material in.
Posted By: Disorders Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 06/11/22 04:05 PM
1. Lvl 5
2. Opportunity to select starting gear on your own (armors especially)
3. More heavy armor variants
4. Fixed Gale dialogues and behaviour related to the magic artefacts he wants and approval he gives, while not being in party
5. More warlock pacts
6. New class
Posted By: AusarViled Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 07/11/22 01:38 AM
I am gonna bite my hand and say it. I want the following:

1) a boob slider
2) all the sex scenes to be added
3) paladin to be out
4) Lvl 5
5) dick slider
6) the sex scene with dream person- aka raphael
Posted By: SgtSilock Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/11/22 04:06 PM
I would just like to see better single player implementation. Right now we are having the same problem as the D:OS games in that online is taking priority over single player. Cut scenes still trigger whoever was the closest to the NPC at the time, same with cut scenes that happen when out of combat. We still don't have shared skills, we can't hand over conversations to another follower when a skill is required that the one talking doesn't hold, this would also eliminate the above issues. We cannot access a unified inventory. It's all just very online first, which is great but considering a lot of people enjoy playing the single player, it makes sense to make that experience feel complete, and not just tacked on.
Posted By: Xzoviac Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/11/22 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by SgtSilock
I would just like to see better single player implementation. Right now we are having the same problem as the D:OS games in that online is taking priority over single player. Cut scenes still trigger whoever was the closest to the NPC at the time, same with cut scenes that happen when out of combat. We still don't have shared skills, we can't hand over conversations to another follower when a skill is required that the one talking doesn't hold, this would also eliminate the above issues. We cannot access a unified inventory. It's all just very online first, which is great but considering a lot of people enjoy playing the single player, it makes sense to make that experience feel complete, and not just tacked on.
Yeah i want this too, really think dialog in multiplayer should start for all players so that you dont miss cut scenes, atm i wouldn't be able to play my first play threw with another player because the potential to miss conversations is too high and stepping in to half a conversations because the other person didnt wait is really frustrating sometimes.
Posted By: SgtSilock Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/11/22 07:17 PM
My wish list:

This, all day long this.
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 13/11/22 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by SgtSilock
My wish list:

This, all day long this.

+1 again.
Posted By: Tarorn Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 18/11/22 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by Disorders
1. Lvl 5
2. Opportunity to select starting gear on your own (armors especially)
3. More heavy armor variants
4. Fixed Gale dialogues and behaviour related to the magic artefacts he wants and approval he gives, while not being in party
5. More warlock pacts
6. New class

1. Ain’t gonna happen.
2. Agreed +1
3. Agreed
4. Not a biggie
5. Agreed
6. Definitely happening
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 23/11/22 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
The most recent interview I found from a very quick Google search related to 5e content in BG3: https://www.eurogamer.net/baldurs-gate-3-patch-6-impressions-and-an-interview-with-larian on October 14, 2021 (~Patch 6)

Originally Posted by Interview
Interviewer: You mentioned you're doing all 12 D&D classes there.
Swen: Yeah, we're doing the classes that are in the Player Handbook. They are the ones that are going in. I hope we openly communicated that part because that's what we're doing.

Interviewer: You won't be pulling in any classes, or subclasses, added in new D&D books then?
Swen: No, that's why we... The Player Handbook on its own is already quite a lot of work, to do it the way that we want to do it, so we're sticking to that. If we manage to get it all right, we will be very happy, because that's a lot

The older statements seem to have left the topic of including non PHB/MM/DMB material more open. E.g.,
2020 Reddit AMA. Swen: "PHB/MM/DMG are the base we are starting from but we are taking material from other books too."

tl;dr: Classes/subclasses are confirmed to be PHB-only. Other non-PHB 5e material like races (besides Githyanki), spells, feats, etc are possible but unlikely given the amount of work Larian still needs to do to get all PHB material in.
Yes Classes/subclasses are confirmed to be PHB-only. More races? Perhaps maybe and we have Githyanki and Githyanki is not in PHB.

Please I want to get Paladin in Patch 9.
Posted By: Lake Plisko Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 23/11/22 06:45 PM
Without the knowledge of being a developer or having done this before - it does seem like additional races would be significantly easier to implement as opposed to additional classes. Especially if the races have a 'body type' that would be similar to a normal sized human character.
Posted By: avahZ Darkwood Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 23/11/22 10:02 PM
I seem to remember something about a Githzheri(sp) possibly being in, but I dunno (it would be fun seeing the dynamics with the other Gith's in the game).

I hope they expand on the sub classes though. I would really like to see the undeath Warlock and the Oath Breaker Paladins. The most probable would be the Oath Breaker considering those are pretty much the first "Paladins" we see in the game.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 27/11/22 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
I seem to remember something about a Githzheri(sp) possibly being in, but I dunno (it would be fun seeing the dynamics with the other Gith's in the game).

I hope they expand on the sub classes though. I would really like to see the undeath Warlock and the Oath Breaker Paladins. The most probable would be the Oath Breaker considering those are pretty much the first "Paladins" we see in the game.
I do not believe they do Oath Breaker Paladins. However I understand correctly then they will add subclasses from Players Handbook. Oath of Breaker is not PHB. Oath of Breaker is Dungeons Master book.
Perhaps maybe, but I believe they do not do Oath of Breaker, but if they do that then ok. There is a chance however from the roleplay idea since it could happen that Paladin would be oath breaker. Therefore I really do not want to guess chance for this to happen and I do not know.

I also want this BG3 in 2023 really done so I can play this with my brother. My brother have said he will buy this game when it is done and you can play it all.

I hope they add all Oaths from Players Handbook at least for Paladin. Please add Paladin in Patch 9.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 27/11/22 10:14 AM
I do not believe they do Oath Breaker Paladins.
Even if not ...
Some moder surely will. wink

Maybe they allready did. laugh
Posted By: avahZ Darkwood Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 28/11/22 04:33 AM
@Raz oh you bet I have been playing the devoted Oath Breaker Paladin smile - I would just like to see an official port with a few dialog choices…
Posted By: Qoray Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 28/11/22 10:22 AM
I mostly want level 5.
There are a lot of level 3 spells that could go REALLY wrong without some proper feedback and balancing.

Stuff like animate dead, conjure animals, counterspell, fly, major image, ... come to mind.
Depending on how exactly they implement this, animate dead for example (especially with the necromancy wizard, that is in the PHB) could completely break the game, in ways that shatter just can not.

Summoning in general is a "problematic" category of spells that starts at level 3 and so can only be playtested for player feedback if we get another level.

Also, I want to see how exactly extra attack interacts with a couple Larian features!
Posted By: Qoray Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 28/11/22 10:34 AM

Mizora is obviously not the raven queen or a sentient weapon, so Wyll can not really be a hexblade. Some more XGtE invocations (like Eldritch Smite) would be cool, but I would not expect them at this point.

Imo, the easiest way to make meelee warlocks work is just add hex warrior to pact of the blade. That is the main reason why only hexblades work as meelee warlocks atm.
Posted By: Gray Ghost Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 28/11/22 10:59 AM
I think seeing some XGtE invocations isn't THAT unlikely, same with feats from there as well. I think the odds of anything outside PHB being added are directly tied to how many new assets and interactions adding them would entail. So eldritch smite would probably not require much in the way of either. And we've seen them make some pretty big alterations to the Ranger, as you've pointed out. Since Wyll is clearly meant to be a blade pact warlock, I suspect that the reason they didn't include pact of the blade from the beginning is that they're conscious of the limitations you're pointing out and are trying to figure out how to fix that behind the scenes, much like they altered Rangers. They just had Rangers ready to go first for EA since they're something of an archetypal class, so starting EA without one would have felt 'wrong'.
Posted By: Qoray Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 28/11/22 12:46 PM
Yeah, I hope you are right smile
XGtE massively improved the PHB, without introducing too much power creep (unlike TGtE, which also has a lot of interesting options, but clockwork soul sorcerer, twilight cleric etc just straight out invalidate all other subclasses)

DnD without the Xanathar options kind of feels empty imo
I really hope they add some other subclasses also. Hexblade obviously, Zealot Barbarian, Whispers Bard, Kensei Monk, Conquest Paladin, Gloomstalker, ...

Oh yeah, and while we are on Warlocks, Shadow of Moil was introduced in XGtE, without that spell, warlocks are a lot weaker too!

The racial feats you mentioned are cool, but imo only Dragon Fear and Elven Accuracy are truly "must picks" for their respective race. I would be ok, if they were not included (though it would make the game better if they were included)
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 28/11/22 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Qoray
Also, I want to see how exactly extra attack interacts with a couple Larian features!
100% +1 ...

Also, to be completely honest, i want to see howw exactly extra attack itself will work ... bcs what we can see curently with Githyanki (who basicaly just get two actions) seems quite broken. :-/
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 28/11/22 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Qoray
I mostly want level 5.
I want Paladin and more then any level 5 in Alpha.
I am happy this game has not level 20 (well not at full release in 2023 at least they could later do an expansion and rise max level to even 20). I dislike slightly super high level gamplay in DnD. However if max level is example level 11-15 that is ok with me.
Yes I get it you want most things and if they do them then fine. We will see how it will be.

That said I listen to this info:

Well and Wolfheart has meet Larian. That info is 3 months old true, but I believe it and they focus on Players Handbook much indeed. Anything outside of Players Handbook I take as happy surprise with exeption of perhaps races, monsters and stuff not related to classes or subclasses. We have Githyanki race included and that race is not in Players Handbook.

Do I know if Patch 9 will have Paladin and/or Monk or no class? I do not know that answer.
I do hope Patch 9 will have Paladin class at least. Finally only Larian decide/know how much they will exactly do.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 29/11/22 08:13 AM
Well and Wolfheart has meet Larian.
That is true ...
But he also said himself that he didnt get any internal information ... i beleieve he said something like:
"When i get into Larian studios Swen himself asked me what i want to know ... and i said tell me only things that are either allready confrimmed or subject of this upcoming patch ... bcs i wouldnt be able to speak about anything else i learned there, since that would be violation of NDA(?)"
Just paraphrasing ofc.

So his speculations and guesses are as good as anyone of us. smile
Posted By: Gray Ghost Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 29/11/22 10:43 AM
Wow, I admire his restraint. Even if I couldn't talk about it publically, I'd have still asked to know EVERYTHING if I were in his position.
Posted By: snowram Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 29/11/22 10:53 AM
Since there are already play testers in the wild, I would assume he probably got to test later acts too at some point. I can only imagine the pain of trying to convey excitement without leaking a single thing. :P
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 29/11/22 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Wow, I admire his restraint. Even if I couldn't talk about it publically, I'd have still asked to know EVERYTHING if I were in his position.
Know what you mean, but take under concideration that he would need to hold every video about BG-3 til release. :-/

Same thing basicaly ended Outstar (one of REALLY big youtubers about Bloodlines and World of Darkness), when she signed contract for Paradox.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 29/11/22 08:25 PM
Well and Wolfheart has meet Larian.
That is true ...
But he also said himself that he didnt get any internal information ... i beleieve he said something like:
"When i get into Larian studios Swen himself asked me what i want to know ... and i said tell me only things that are either allready confrimmed or subject of this upcoming patch ... bcs i wouldnt be able to speak about anything else i learned there, since that would be violation of NDA(?)"
Just paraphrasing ofc.

Well you can call this conspiracy theory if you want.
How come both me and him has come to same conclusion without even that video? From earlier information said. Well and if he guesses wrong then so be it but I would say his guesses are likely more then 90 % true for sure. No I am not going to bother search some more links to you as I did already provide something and not my task to do that.

Guesses only? Larian has said that they will keep and deliver PHB classes and subclasses (at least mostly anything outside it in classes and subclasses I take as happy and welcome surprise of course). Well and if he tells some info that he should not tell us that is between Wolfheart and Larian.

As I see it Wolfheart and Larian are in symbiosis (it means they benefit from each other). He has defended Larian also against some negative reviews fo BG3. I agree with his defence. Funny BG 3 reviews some lies said about what has been promised. Well and this game is not some fake project. I absolutely believe BG3 will be released during year 2023.

Sure you can call that video guesses, but I believe it to be true. Some things he does mention like this is not in Players Handbook so very unsure if it will be included I think he mentioned about Death Domain Cleric which is not in PHB. Well and personally I would be delighted if Twilight Domain Cleric would be included, but I doubt that and my guess it will not be in full release date at least.

An expansion could of course of course later increase level cap and bring more Dnd features such as classes/subclasses, cleric domains and races.

As for patch 9 please add Paladin class that is my highest wish.
Actually I must say if they would add Paladin class and rise max level to 5 in Alpha both these things I would forsee a huge increase of people returning to test BG3 again and play it in Alpha. Well so I have never said I am against level 5 in Alpha. A warning though Larian is perhaps preparing to finish this game in 2023 and do not bother to release level 5 in Alpha. Level 5 has not never been promised to be included in Alpha. I have said indeed I want Paladin class released as most for Patch 9 if I can only choose one thing for Patch 9.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 29/11/22 09:38 PM
Guesses only?
Eh ... no? O_o

I repeat:
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 29/11/22 10:50 PM
As I see it Wolfheart and Larian are in symbiosis (it means they benefit from each other). He has defended Larian also against some negative reviews fo BG3. I agree with his defence. Funny BG 3 reviews some lies said about what has been promised. Well and this game is not some fake project. I absolutely believe BG3 will be released during year 2023.

Well, he addressed some reviews that were actually hardly reviews at all, but apparently more like "three-liners.", which quintessentially say this game is bad. The very few, larger selected negative reviews were also often cursorily highlighted, I felt. For topics like graphics, you look at streams and not reviews. Frustrated discussions about the or no release date or buying / not buying an EA game also do not help me to get to know the game, besides, there is a forum for that. A more exciting topic for a review would have been, for example, the in-game conversion from RTwP to TB mode. (Both from the people who write the reviews and from Wolfheart who selects and analyzes the reviews).

Of course, you can't take something like that seriously as a review, so I would have liked them to ignore such very short, meaningless reviews and focus on real ones. There are very well negative reviews with good arguments / good points of criticism, but there you have to look for... I didn't get the impression that this happened at all. From there it was very one-sided, not to say pro Larian. ;-)

EDIT: I just noticed that he has videos on YT one from three weeks ago and one from a year ago on the subject. I had only watched that one with the Steam reviews and that's what I'm referring to.
Posted By: Eagle Pursuit Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 30/11/22 06:12 PM
Okay. The PFH is on Dec 14th and it's called Holy Knight. So, that pretty much tells us what class is being added there.
Posted By: Qoray Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 30/11/22 06:38 PM
Yup, very happy with this!
Hope it still comes to Stadia despite them shutting down
Posted By: Blackheifer Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 30/11/22 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Okay. The PFH is on Dec 14th and it's called Holy Knight. So, that pretty much tells us what class is being added there.

Right. Artificer. Obviously, I mean Santa Makes toys after all.

/s
Posted By: Saito Hikari Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 30/11/22 06:45 PM
Two weeks to find out how they're going to handle smite. That also means we'll most likely see whatever Reaction rework they have cooked up, if there is one.
Posted By: Gray Ghost Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 30/11/22 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Right. Artificer. Obviously, I mean Santa Makes toys after all.

Haha! Good one! I wouldn't have put it past LArian to do something like that. But of course it's the ELVES that make the toys, Santa just delivers them. Clearly Santa wouldn't have any class anyway, he's obviously a god.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/12/22 01:37 AM
Okay. The PFH is on Dec 14th and it's called Holy Knight.
Geoff K. as guest is I think a more significant - I think release date announcement is coming, especially with game awards happening just couple days prior. I don’t think they would bring GK just to discuss the newest patch.
Posted By: Boblawblah Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/12/22 04:08 AM
[Linked Image from i1.sndcdn.com]

SMITING INTENSIFIES. I'm so excited about paladin! Now I just need Aasimar and I am complete.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 01/12/22 05:24 PM

Of course, you can't take something like that seriously as a review, so I would have liked them to ignore such very short, meaningless reviews and focus on real ones. There are very well negative reviews with good arguments / good points of criticism, but there you have to look for... I didn't get the impression that this happened at all. From there it was very one-sided, not to say pro Larian. ;-)
Well I am not saying this game is right now 10/10 stars. That said my modern gaming laptop is right now in the shop guarantee that will fix some hardware issue with it.

I can first test patch 9 with my gaming desktop with a bit older hardware, but it does meet the recommend system requirements or little above it is my old gaming desktop hardware and then look at system requirements (max settings FULL HD resolution is what I aim to play at). Well and test does BG3 Patch 9 work or does it have bugs etc? In addition many times when a main patch is released a bit later might some bugs perhaps might be fixed and they release some hotfix to fix them.

It is not what Wolfheart only say. I have played Alpha before though it has been n months since last time I played Alpha. When patch 9 is released then I am interested to play Alpha again.

Well and I only laugh at people who complain this has not act 2 or act 3 in Alpha. Larian did say from the beginning that Alpha has only Act 1 as it should I think this is not a massive MMO. I want lots of content to see first time when the full game is released.  In addition, how to control characters is perhaps not the best system and get some time to get used to the first time, but generally I think this is very good game. Well and this game can even become excellent at full release and we see more subclasses etc.

Some other Dnd 5 or Pathfinder games out there? Perhaps, but how many of them can I play them in multiplayer including also my brother? Baldurs Gate 3 is right now a bit rare gem since most Dnd 5 or Pathfinder games in PC games right now tend to be single player only. Well and of course single player is supported as well in this game BG3.

Thank you Larian smile. I assume Holy Knight means Paladin. As for possible other features in Patch 9 I guess we will see. Excellent Larian you made my highest wish for patch 9 to become true that Paladin class is going to be there. Well or logically what else could Holy Knight mean then Paladin class?
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 01:05 PM
Patch day! Xmas claphands
Posted By: Kimuriel Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 01:14 PM
Patch day indeed, hope we get some cool new fixes to go with the cheese.
Posted By: snowram Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 01:26 PM
Yup, patch day. Some are preparing their party hat while others are preparing their pitchfork. I can tell that my the party hat is already ready. grin
Posted By: MelivySilverRoot Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by snowram
Yup, patch day. Some are preparing their party hat while others are preparing their pitchfork. I can tell that my the party hat is already ready. grin

Same!

🤶 claphands
Posted By: Qoray Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 01:38 PM
Super hyped!!! laugh
Posted By: Kimuriel Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 01:51 PM
Lol I only hope they can keep up the little nook and cranny exploration across all 3 acts once they release. I like that exploration is somewhat rewarded in this game. Not all stuff you find is especially worth it, but it is still possible to find stuff you missed now and then. I am just kind of wanting to see how they implement the other subclasses and such. We are missing quite a lot of PHB subclasses still, especially for cleric and wizard. Another change I hope to see coming is class restrictions on spell learning. Overall I love the game, I just want the icing on said cake now really. reactions and class restrictions on learning from spell scrolls are a big-ish thing for me smile. I mean it doesn't have to be solasta reactions per se. Just give us more control about what we can react to. E.g. blocking attacks for partymembers next to us if carrying a shield. And using shield spell to block incoming attacks and stopping spells with counter spell laugh. its not too much I ask I think.
Posted By: Lyelle Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 02:06 PM

Same! claphands
And a mug of mulled wine, since it's very cold here today.
Posted By: Flooter Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 02:12 PM
I’m whetting my pitchfork as we speak, but its only fair to try the new build before going pokey-pokey. We’ll have a better idea of why Swen Vincke is the antichrist by this weekend.

Originally Posted by Lyelle
And a mug of mulled wine, since it's very cold here today.
Sounds delightful!
Posted By: Gray Ghost Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 02:24 PM
I'm genuinely excited! I at least hope I'll be able to download the patch in time to play around with character creation and make my paladin, since it'll be evening for me and the game takes forever to download due to size. I have my issues with the game, but maybe because I don't have particular reverence for either the original games or 5e as a system, a lot of stuff doesn't actually bother me that much as I play. It's unlikely to make it to my list of favorite games, but I'm having fun with it and I think it's gonna be genuinely enjoyable, even if I'm skeptical about it being the all time great crpg experience a lot of people have called it.

Also @melivysilverroot I believe I stumbled upon your YouTube channel. I really enjoy what I've seen there. My sorcerer playthrough last month was my favorite, and tour videos have made me even more excited to play my Seldarine drow paladin once this patch drops.
Posted By: Crimsomrider Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 02:26 PM
Patch day! I hope I can finally fulfill my dream of creating a Sussur Salami! grin
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 02:45 PM
Patch day! I hope I can finally fulfill my dream of creating a Sussur Salami! grin

I wish I have low expectations like that too smirk

Can't wait for the PFH. That said it is sad that they choose to do it during the 1/2 final of the worldcup.
Posted By: Flooter Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:00 PM

Can't wait for the PFH. That said it is sad that they choose to do it during the 1/2 final of the worldcup.
From what I can tell, the PfH starts an hour before the game. The important stuff will probably have been said before kickoff.
Posted By: snowram Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Flooter

From what I can tell, the PfH starts an hour before the game. The important stuff will probably have been said before kickoff.
But then you'll miss Swen fumbling to show off new features live by having terrible rolls.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:07 PM
Decisions ... decisions. laugh
Posted By: Flooter Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:08 PM
But then you'll miss Swen fumbling to show off new features live by having terrible rolls.
I'll add that to the list of his antichrist-like qualities.
Posted By: dwig Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:27 PM
Wait, is the patch definitely going out today? In past PfH they announce the patch, and then it takes up to a week (or two) for the actual patch to release. Did they announce otherwise this time?
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:30 PM
Wait, is the patch definitely going out today? In past PfH they announce the patch, and then it takes up to a week (or two) for the actual patch to release. Did they announce otherwise this time?
No? Patch gets always release during the PfH. Week before they used to post steam warning about save compatibility. I don't think we got it this time (am not on steam) but we did get early blog update in November.
Posted By: corporal8 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:40 PM
No? Patch gets always release during the PfH. Week before they used to post steam warning about save compatibility. I don't think we got it this time (am not on steam) but we did get early blog update in November.

unless you are on Mac, then the patch generally gets released a bit later. This was already mentioned in the pre-patch release post.

"Patch 9 will be live for Mac OS a bit later, as our teams are working on some final troubleshooting."
Posted By: dwig Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:40 PM
I know they always describe and talk up the patch during PfH. The PfH is about the next patch, but there is often a lag of a few days after the PfH before the patch is actually put out on the servers. I was just wondering if we had some official reason to believe otherwise for this one.

To be fair, I have not played the last few patches, so maybe they are faster about it now.
Posted By: Flooter Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 03:44 PM
Week before they used to post steam warning about save compatibility. I don't think we got it this time (am not on steam) but we did get early blog update in November.
We did!

I know they always describe and talk up the patch during PfH. The PfH is about the next patch, but there is often a lag of a few days after the PfH before the patch is actually put out on the servers. I was just wondering if we had some official reason to believe otherwise for this one.

To be fair, I have not played the last few patches, so maybe they are faster about it now.
As I recall, the last few patches dropped alongside the pfh. I can't find any official word stating so explicitely, though.
Posted By: mrfuji3 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 04:01 PM
I think the first patch to come with a PfH (patch 4/PfH 2?), the actual patch was delayed by a week. But since then, they've generally released on the same day iirc.
Posted By: Crimsomrider Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 04:01 PM

Always makes me laugh when they're trying to showcase something and absolutely miserably fail at it. PFH are always the embodiment of Murphy's law. If something can go wrong, it definitely will grin
Posted By: dwig Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 06:18 PM
LEVEL 5!
Posted By: Topper Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 07:49 PM
Downloading now :DDDDDD
Posted By: FreeTheSlaves Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 14/12/22 09:31 PM
I was struck by how hard-hitting the Githyanki patrol seems to be now. Sven & co. were level 5, had good initiative and height, and the patrol hit back hard.
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 15/12/22 10:49 AM

Always makes me laugh when they're trying to showcase something and absolutely miserably fail at it. PFH are always the embodiment of Murphy's law. If something can go wrong, it definitely will grin

Yes this time there was enough inspiration for rerolls. But when he realized that the Olwbear mother was zombified, he refrained from addressing the Owlbear cub in order not to trigger the cutscene, because it might be buggy or at least illogical if the Owlbear cub eats its mother, but it was a zombie before... grin
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 15/12/22 10:52 AM

Yes this time there was enough inspiration for rerolls. But when he realized that the Olwbear mother was zombified, he refrained from addressing the Owlbear cub in order not to trigger the cutscene, because it might be buggy or at least illogical if the Owlbear cub eats its mother, but it was a zombie before... grin

The owlbear turning into a regular zombie was already wierd enough !

I really like that they are trying to add mechanics... but seriously they should stop adding things if it's to have such non sense results...it's not like if everything else was perfect. Their priorities are as wierd as dipping weapon in candle !
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 9 - 15/12/22 11:12 AM

The owlbear turning into a regular zombie was already wierd enough !

I really like that they are trying to add mechanics... but seriously they should stop adding things if it's to have such non sense results...it's not like if everything else was perfect. Their priorities are as wierd as dipping weapon in candle !

Yes I see it the same way. (Animated Dead )bugs are practically preprogrammed here.

I would also have preferred to see the spearhead from the Vision of the Absolute in the eye of the Owlbear mother during the opening dialogue in the cutscene, as I reported earlier this year.

Anyway they have so much I'm interested in testing not in Patch 9, so I'm skipping the patch again and watching streams and YT vids about it instead.
© Larian Studios forums