Larian Studios
Some of us, like myself, purchased the game around 2 years ago when there was no mention of a digital deluxe version much less what it might include.

I personally love the Divinity games and really want the Divinity Items in my BG3 game.

So that is the reason for my question.

If there is no digital upgrade version, I feel cheated honestly. Having been only given the option to buy the "full game" without any option to buy the deluxe edition 2 years ago.

If there is not, please highly consider adding one at release, please.
You get upgraded to the digital deluxe version for free if you bought EA. laezelapprove
Originally Posted by owenscowen
Some of us, like myself, purchased the game around 2 years ago when there was no mention of a digital deluxe version much less what it might include.

I personally love the Divinity games and really want the Divinity Items in my BG3 game.

So that is the reason for my question.

If there is no digital upgrade version, I feel cheated honestly. Having been only given the option to buy the "full game" without any option to buy the deluxe edition 2 years ago.

If there is not, please highly consider adding one at release, please.

See this is what happens when you miss meetings (PFH) :P

Seriously though, what Icelyn said - we all get the upgraded Digital deluxe for free for investing in the EA and supporting Larian. Otherwise I believe the upgrade is $10 after the fact. It's honestly a lovely gesture for us EA folks.
Its gonna be great we got the $120ish version of the game 50% off xD
its been confirmed that Steam EA players get the upgrade... other platforms are mostly assumed to also get it
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
its been confirmed that Steam EA players get the upgrade... other platforms are mostly assumed to also get it
From lates BG3 update, in which the deluxe edition and free upgrade were announced:

Do you already own Baldur’s Gate 3 on PC? Are you planning to purchase it in Early Access before launch? You’re going to get a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe edition on launch day! Same goes for owners of our Collector’s Edition
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
These confirmations have absolutely nothing to do with steam. So all get it.
Posted By: Salo Re: Will there be a Digital "upgrade" version? - 29/03/23 01:43 PM
To confirm, the Digital Deluxe Edition upgrade for owners of the Early Access game on PC extends to those that purchased the game on GOG too, it's not just for Steam 👍
Originally Posted by Salo
To confirm, the Digital Deluxe Edition upgrade for owners of the Early Access game on PC extends to those that purchased the game on GOG too, it's not just for Steam 👍
I assumed so, but thank you for confirming @Salo.

While you are here would you be able to elaborate for me on one thing from the update:
Are you planning to purchase it in Early Access before launch? You’re going to get a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe edition on launch day!

What does launch day mean exactly? I hope that’s not 31st of the August as than we would miss out on early access to 1.0 act1!

As at this moment early access is on sale, so every copy sold is Digital Deluxe. Am I right presuming, that at some point before the release early access will stop being sold, the game will be split into base and DD versions, and early access player will be upgraded to DD? Or will early access to be sold right up until 31st or August and anyone who buys it will get early access to act1, and DD will get more pricey on the release?

That got complicated quickly. Really I am looking is a confirmation that we will get early access to act1, and not have to wait for Digital Deluxe upgrade till 31st of August, salivating as others get to play BG3 72 hours earlier smile
Posted By: Salo Re: Will there be a Digital "upgrade" version? - 29/03/23 02:17 PM
The free upgrade would be added on the 28th of August, meaning you will also get the 72h Early Access if you purchase it in Early Access before launch 👍 Hope that clears it up galehappy
The free upgrade would be added on the 28th of August, meaning you will also get the 72h Early Access if you purchase it in Early Access before launch 👍 Hope that clears it up galehappy
Thanks @Salo. That’s all I wanted to hear galehappy laezelapprove shadowheartgiggle wyllhappy

*does the little lad dance*
Hello, I have a question similar to this, about digital editions and collector's edition.

I already have early access. I also bought CE to get physical stuff.
Since CE has a special dice skin, I would like to use that cd-key to play when released I guess.

However that would be a different cd key? Save games, having the same game twice on steam? I don't know how this will work. I don't think I am the only one who bought early access AND the CE.

Before the skin , I thought I will play with the current one and just gift the one comes from CE...
I’m sure Salo confirmed there would be different keys for the bonus content and game in response to another question. Let me see if I can find the message.

EDIT: yep, here it is: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=845326#Post845326
© Larian Studios forums