Larian Studios
Posted By: cyseal Dynamic spell system suggestion - 05/03/20 03:00 PM
You can meet the master wizard and there you can empower your spells with some new currency which is valuable for wizards/mages.

Example,
When wizard casts timestop at the time he finds it, his spell is only a few ranges wide. Spell wraps around the sphere of only 2 enemy pawns.
He finds some kind of crystals or defined source of power in the world. Then he goes to master wizard in town or in wizards tower to upgrade his spells.
He can upgarde the damage the spell and ranges, areas of effects. Then his timestiop spell wraps around multiple enemy pawns.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Dynamic spell system suggestion - 05/03/20 06:02 PM
A cool idea but it won't happen unless it is grounded in D&D rules. Hopefully if they release mod tools it will work
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Dynamic spell system suggestion - 05/03/20 06:27 PM
Play as sorcerer.
They get points which they can use for meta magic, such as more damage, more range or longer duration.

Many spells increase their effect if you cast them at a higher spell level. Any caster can use every spell as the native spell level of that spell or any higher spell level as long as they have not used all spells per day for this level.
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Dynamic spell system suggestion - 05/03/20 06:55 PM
I do know that we are getting the wish spell back I just hope it will be useful this time like getting more spell slots
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Dynamic spell system suggestion - 05/03/20 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
I do know that we are getting the wish spell back I just hope it will be useful this time like getting more spell slots

How do you know?
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Dynamic spell system suggestion - 05/03/20 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

How do you know?

Here is the article https://uk.ign.com/articles/baldurs-gate-3-aims-to-capture-the-dungeons-dragons-spirit
Posted By: Ignatius Re: Dynamic spell system suggestion - 05/03/20 10:40 PM
As mentioned by a previous poster, casting some spells in higher level slots allows the targeting of more creatures. And at least in one case, Confusion comes to mind, casting at a higher level spell slot can widen the area of affect.
© Larian Studios forums