Larian Studios
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 12:35 PM
So who would you lot like to make a comeback as a npc or a companion to Baldur's Gate 3 I would like have Minsc and Boo as a companion if I remember right he is still in the city of Baldur's Gate but I would also love to see Edwin as a female in Baldur's Gate 3 lol
Posted By: Sordak Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 03:10 PM
Minsc and boo are probably a given as beeing the de facto mascots of the series and having shown up in other games like Neverwinter
Posted By: Riandor Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 03:13 PM
Drizzt
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 03:29 PM
I don't really understand why it looks so important for some.
I like some characters of BG of course but I don't really see the value at the moment except fan service.

I could be happy with only new charismatic characters smile
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I don't really understand why it looks so important for some.
I like some characters of BG of course but I don't really see the value at the moment except fan service.

I could be happy with only new charismatic characters smile

Well I would have no problem with only getting new companions but still I would like to see the old companions again
Posted By: Riandor Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 03:50 PM
As long as it makes sense and isn't just lip service of course.
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Riandor
As long as it makes sense and isn't just lip service of course.

Agreed it needs to make sense
Posted By: Gmazca Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 03:53 PM
If Edwin isn't a Lich in BG3, I riot. lol.
Posted By: Nobody_Special Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 03:56 PM
the ghost of Imoen
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
the ghost of Imoen

Well with a wish spell you could wish her body back and than wish for a true resurrection that's one way of getting back characters who have been long dead
Posted By: Briche Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Gmazca

That would be awesome.
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Briche
Originally Posted by Gmazca

That would be awesome.

It would be more funny if Edwin come back as a women lol
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 06:37 PM
A FEMALE LICH
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 06:54 PM
I also could see Sarevok making a comeback he is not alive or dead just existing
Posted By: Doomlord Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 10/03/20 07:35 PM
I am going to go against the grain here and say...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...NO MINSC PLEASE!!! If I have to hear his voice....
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 11/03/20 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by Doomlord
I am going to go against the grain here and say...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...NO MINSC PLEASE!!! If I have to hear his voice....

Minsc: Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!
Posted By: Nalf Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 11/03/20 11:23 AM
We will probably meet Drizzt or Elminster, or even Jarlaxle (all were present as npcs in BG2), as they are a very known characters from Faerun. But if i had to choose , i would love to have Korgan , Viconia and Edwin again as companions :D
Posted By: BladeDancer Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 11/03/20 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Nalf
We will probably meet Drizzt or Elminster, or even Jarlaxle (all were present as npcs in BG2), as they are a very known characters from Faerun. But if i had to choose , i would love to have Korgan , Viconia and Edwin again as companions laugh

Korgan might show up, dwarves live for 350 years, and I don't think he was that old in BG2, maybe 196? I'm not sure about Viconia, though. Whether you romance her or not, her future does not guarantee her survival into the 5th Edition time frame, being a target of the Spider Queen and all. I like to think Edwin may have found a way to become a lich.
Posted By: Nalf Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 12/03/20 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by BladeDancer
We will probably meet Drizzt or Elminster, or even Jarlaxle (all were present as npcs in BG2), as they are a very known characters from Faerun. But if i had to choose , i would love to have Korgan , Viconia and Edwin again as companions laugh

Korgan might show up, dwarves live for 350 years, and I don't think he was that old in BG2, maybe 196? I'm not sure about Viconia, though. Whether you romance her or not, her future does not guarantee her survival into the 5th Edition time frame, being a target of the Spider Queen and all. I like to think Edwin may have found a way to become a lich.

Didn't Edwin turn into a female after he foolishly challenged Elminster? anyway, i'm pretty sure we wont see these characters or any other Bg 1&2 characters for that matter. Maybe Minsc, since he became very iconic. I just hope that the new companions will be as memorable as the BG ones, or at least close.
Posted By: Sordak Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 12/03/20 08:53 AM
theres obviously gonna be returning characters since they were like WINK WINK at least five times by now.
question is who
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 12/03/20 12:10 PM

Didn't Edwin turn into a female after he foolishly challenged Elminster? anyway, i'm pretty sure we wont see these characters or any other Bg 1&2 characters for that matter. Maybe Minsc, since he became very iconic. I just hope that the new companions will be as memorable as the BG ones, or at least close.

Even though Elminster turned Edwin into a woman it is never said what happened to his powers wizards can live for a really long time also with the hole spellplague thing even if Elminster made it where Edwin can't cast spells anymore the spellplague changes things so it' not impossible for Edwin to make a comeback alive or dead male or female
Posted By: BladeDancer Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 12/03/20 08:19 PM

I'm confident that Coran, the womanizing elf will be in the game, since he along with Minsc have been confirmed to still be around. A recent D&D comic book revealed that Coran has become one of the noblemen of Baldur's Gate, a member of the Parliament of Peers, an advisory council that holds governance over the city of Baldur's Gate.
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 12/03/20 08:49 PM

I'm confident that Coran, the womanizing elf will be in the game, since he along with Minsc have been confirmed to still be around. A recent D&D comic book revealed that Coran has become one of the noblemen of Baldur's Gate, a member of the Parliament of Peers, an advisory council that holds governance over the city of Baldur's Gate.

Cool but it might be his son Krydle that joins the party
Posted By: BladeDancer Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 12/03/20 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

Aha! So you have read the comics! Very few people know Coran has a son now. If Krydle joins the party, then definitely Minsc will too, because apparently they know each other.
Posted By: TheInfinitySock Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 12/03/20 11:54 PM

Aha! So you have read the comics! Very few people know Coran has a son now. If Krydle joins the party, then definitely Minsc will too, because apparently they know each other.

I have not read the comics yet but I am planning on reading them I got my info on forgotten realms wiki
Posted By: BladeDancer Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 12/03/20 11:56 PM

I have not read the comics yet but I am planning on reading them I got my info on forgotten realms wiki

That's a good place to look up information on anything relating to the Forgotten Realms.
Posted By: _Vic_ Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 13/03/20 03:29 AM
Answers from the AMA in reddit. Sven Vincke said:

"Let me just say that we touch upon the story of BG 1 & 2 in meaningful ways, there are returning characters and what happened in BG 1/2/tob leads to what happens into BG3. You won’t necessarily see that at the start of the adventure but you will quickly understand once you get further into the game."

So I understand we would see some cameos in the game =P

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fhk1u3/im_swen_vincke_creative_director_at_larian/fkbwcis/

About comebacks, Minsc (in Murder in baldur´s gate he was petrified but alive), but I also hope to find a descendant of the Jansens and I hope for an Imoen appearance =D

Misc does not only appear in the comics, but also he is referenced in the official WOTC module DiA, so I think the fact that the bearer of the boot of justice is alive and kicking; it´s canon. I hope he appears in BG3 too.
Posted By: Nyanko Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 13/03/20 03:44 AM
Aerie and Viconia are elf and drow. They should both still be alive after 100 years. Unless they killed each other of course XD
Posted By: Boreas Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 15/03/20 08:27 AM
If you ask what to bring, bring Lilarcor. Well it is not directly a character, but it can tell storys from its past journeys ;).
Posted By: Torque Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 15/03/20 10:50 AM
Edwin as a lich would be pretty cool tbqh
Posted By: anjovis bonus Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 15/03/20 07:50 PM
They said its gonna be a mature game so maybe we can get a jarring sex scene with viconia straight out of uncanny valley
Posted By: BladeDancer Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 16/03/20 06:12 AM

Even though Elminster turned Edwin into a woman it is never said what happened to his powers wizards can live for a really long time also with the hole spellplague thing even if Elminster made it where Edwin can't cast spells anymore the spellplague changes things so it' not impossible for Edwin to make a comeback alive or dead male or female

A spellscarred Edwin(a). Hmm...
Posted By: BladeDancer Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 16/03/20 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Aerie and Viconia are elf and drow. They should both still be alive after 100 years. Unless they killed each other of course XD

Lolth the Spider Queen killed Viconia after throne of Bhaal. Remember that Viconia was being hunted for her defiance and blatant disrespect to Lolth in Menzoberranzan. She doesn't forget traitors.
Posted By: Sordak Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 16/03/20 08:14 AM
wasnt she confirmed to be alive?
Posted By: BladeDancer Re: Iconic Characters Comeback - 21/03/20 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Sordak
wasnt she confirmed to be alive?

No...? If she was, I'd know for sure, I keep up with everything Forgotten Realms related in D&D.
© Larian Studios forums