Larian Studios
Posted By: AranSIRE An idea to tie in BG series 100 year gap - 22/09/20 01:19 AM
There's a hundred year gab between BG II and three,
Our protagonists are Currently party whose orgin stories are apparently new.

But how about there could Be a 2nd storyline among Like a flash Back sequences we May temporarily assume control of our previous Chile of Bhaal heroes from BG series. A final adventure before The Murder at Baldur's Gate module. Like a playable flashbacks what our previous Heroes Been doing their later Life years. They might really not Be happy years because there's no peace for The Child of Bhaal.

They might Be singular tales from survivors of The events, or something tales from The legends, but they would form a subplot a history of The City of The Baldur's Gate. Like a memories of stories assumed control of stories to events that have created The Current circumstances of Current BG series. And their legacy would Be tied to Current storyline that shape The current future of The forgottenrealms.

On that way you can tell tour new story and bring nostalgia to those who's been into this series for 20 years a worthy finale for The series.

I’d rather they just write a story that in an of itself ties to the old games.

And I won’t be able to actually remake my character as he was in BG2’s modified 2.5 ruleset and might not be able to include the NPCs I used.

I’m going to give this a hard pass.
The Bhaalspawn tale is over and done with, we know a tiny bit about what happened in the time since. It could stand to be a bit more fleshed out, but it should probably be background noise. We know Abdel / Gorion's Ward dies or is the last remaining Bhaalspawn, in which case he pretty much died anyway.
Posted By: Argyle Re: An idea to tie in BG series 100 year gap - 22/09/20 02:49 AM
I'd love to see what Kivan has been up to.

One of the recurring themes running in the background throughout BG I, II, and ToB related to the History of the Fateful Coin. If your coin lands on edge, then not even the powers can direct your fate. I always liked that idea, and it would be a great way to make BG III a thematic successor without having anything to do with Bhaal. I believe Narlen Darkwalk was another character whose fate was in his own hands ...
Im quite certain the general shape of the story is already nailed down. They wouldnt be making trailers for the game if the story was still up in the air. :p
Posted By: Anonymous Re: An idea to tie in BG series 100 year gap - 22/09/20 10:09 PM
100 years is a "phase" for an elf, a passing into adulthood for halflings and dwarves, and a half-elf's lost youth.
This is a poor idea because it's just impossible to play his "own child of bhaal"...

=> Another character creation with specific class/races/levels/background/skills to suit MY end of BG2 ?
=> A generic character created by someone else such origins characters ?

I'm not really sure anyone is interrested to continue as a "side story" (flashback...) a story that ended.
We need a strong link between the games but this can't come from the main characters.
How about flash backs are not about the Bhaal but others like Jaheira , Minsc , Imoen , Edwin, Viconia? Their perspectives of their point of views of The story, then would have connections. The perspectives of The story would Be from its teller's perspective.
Nah. No flashbacks at all.
© Larian Studios forums