Larian Studios
Posted By: Mitchell Haller Camp Bug? - 08/10/20 07:37 PM
This has happened a couple of times so far. I will go back to my camp for a long rest. Upon arrival my party and I will be thrown into combat with either one of the characters I didn't have in my party at the time, or a random NPC staying in my camp. The first time I was forced to fight and kill Scatch the dog. This latest time Gale wanted to fight the party and we were forced to kill him. I am not sure if these events were supposed to happen or they are bugs.

*SPOILERS*

On Gales death it prompted a quest line to resurrect him. I figure this is supposed to happen, however I didn't believe I would have to kill him in camp for this to happen.
Posted By: EldarOfSuburbia Re: Camp Bug? - 08/10/20 07:47 PM
** SPOILERS **

Gale dying anywhere anytime triggers the quest line to resurrect him. It is quite annoying when it kicks in and you really, really, want to pause and get people moving around to avert an even worse crisis.
Posted By: Ushimimi Re: Camp Bug? - 09/10/20 05:26 AM
I sacrificed 45 minutes of play because I had to revert to a save where Scratch wasn't aggro to me. I have zero idea when it happened or how to replicate it, but this bug cannot be allowed to persist.
Posted By: tourmaline Re: Camp Bug? - 09/10/20 05:45 AM
This just happened to me. Scratch is trying to kill my party, too. He's adorable and is my favorite character in the game so far, so I really don't want to kill him frown Reloading to my most recent save doesn't work, so I guess I'll try going back farther. Kinda sucks.
Posted By: Roke Re: Camp Bug? - 09/10/20 05:48 AM
This has happened to me twice, both times with Astarion. He was not in my party at the time. No idea what triggered it. Thought maybe I had done something wrong and had a very bad reputation with him. This also happened to someone on the Baldur's Gate 3 subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...attacked_my_party_as_soon_as_we_entered/
Posted By: FireOpal Re: Camp Bug? - 09/10/20 06:14 AM
Astarion has attacked us too. He says "An Intruder" when I zone in, then says something like "You shouldn't have come here". I don't know what to do. His mood(?) is like -45 but my relationship is neutral. I HAVE done the hooded skelly thing. This is really frustrating and annoying since there's no explanation or a way to avoid it seems. I thought oh well maybe he's turned already (tadpole time).... ;p Is this a quest introduction? Do have to go back to the skelly? I wasn't able to use a rez scroll on him either - ineligible. There was no message or anything that I saw about being able to recover him. He's a snot, but a good rogue ;p
Posted By: Darkhorse Re: Camp Bug? - 09/10/20 06:42 AM
I havent had a party member go aggro at camp yet but a number of times Ive noticed all the party members briefly raising their fist as if they were about to fist fight aggro when they first loaded into the camp.
Posted By: tourmaline Re: Camp Bug? - 09/10/20 07:11 AM
Something is now very wrong with my game. Literally every time I go to camp through the map rather than the "go to camp and end the day" button now I have to kill someone. I was forced to kill Scratch, Lae'zel and Wyll. Guess they got tired of hanging around camp all day. . .

Guess I really do have to go back to an early save. :P
© Larian Studios forums