Larian Studios
Posted By: jonn An open letter to people writing open letters - 13/10/20 08:21 PM
35,000 posts and counting.

Keep it brief. That is all.
+1
laugh
What are open letters anyway? Aren't all game feedback posts basically open letters to the devs, also meant to be seen by the general public?
Brief is good. Or if not brief, at least concise.

I feel like tagging something an "open letter" is just to make it sound more important. Feedback, suggestions, and discussion are good but can be had in any thread. We don't need full personal histories.
I hate when something is titled "an open letter to x" because it doesn't even tell you what the post is about. It just says "hey pay attention to me!"
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I hate when something is titled "an open letter to x" because it doesn't even tell you what the post is about. It just says "hey pay attention to me!"

Exactly. It's just concieted, and an over developed sense of entitlement and self importance.
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies

Exactly. It's just concieted, and an over developed sense of entitlement and self importance.

I guess your patronizing attitude looks a little bit like that too...
"Open letter" is just another way of typing "Unpopular opinion".. and the only way to properly deal with these threads is to ignore them.
+1
Originally Posted by jonn

I have a really long <like War & Peace long> open letter ready to post - should I put it here?
Originally Posted by spaceweed10â„¢
Originally Posted by jonn

I have a really long <like War & Peace long> open letter ready to post - should I put it here?

Depends on whether you want the devs to actually read it.
Originally Posted by Mythago
What are open letters anyway? Aren't all game feedback posts basically open letters to the devs, also meant to be seen by the general public?

Yes, which shows just how brainless it is to call a thread an "open letter."

Originally Posted by 0Muttley0

I get that impression too
Originally Posted by Infiltrator
"Open letter" is just another way of typing "Unpopular opinion".. and the only way to properly deal with these threads is to ignore them.

Oh yes, let's never ever consider unpopular opinions, that's never in the history of mankind led us astray laugh
+1
Just had to revisit this thread...

On my second proper playthrough and discovered this gem.

Dear Jesus, please tell me that Larian are trolling with this.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Infiltrator

I take it as the following:
This is a message from the Queen.
I got something more important to say.
I want to write you but I also want to let others know what I write. In other venues people think it gives them additional leverage doing that vs a private letter.

FWIW this is an open forum and we're all writing open to Larian and everyone else.
It feels snobby to me even if that isn't the intent.

Oh well...
I don't think the kind of unwarranted aggression people are displaying in this forum is healthy or conducive to discussion or a healthy environment. If a thread is labelled as open letter and this upsets you to such a degree I would advise you simply ignore it.
I don't understand your point. Could you make it again using more words?
© Larian Studios forums