Larian Studios
Posted By: Vennumz Character wipe after EA??? - 14/10/20 01:23 AM
I just read this somewhere. Is this true? Are all our saves and characters going to be wiped? Because if it is...then I don't care what happens in the story so I might just end up going on a killing spree to see if I can break the game.
This is need to know information.
Posted By: Warlocke Re: Character wipe after EA??? - 14/10/20 01:25 AM
The game will be so altered by final release that our saves will no long be compatible. Plus you will want to replay because they will have added a lot by this time next year.
Posted By: Vennumz Re: Character wipe after EA??? - 14/10/20 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Warlocke
The game will be so altered by final release that our saves will no long be compatible. Plus you will want to replay because they will have added a lot by this time next year.

...so that's an offical yes then, they will be wiped?
Posted By: Warlocke Re: Character wipe after EA??? - 14/10/20 01:34 AM
Yes, if the saves are no longer compatible they are effectively wiped.
Posted By: Denzla Re: Character wipe after EA??? - 14/10/20 01:41 AM
Not just on release, whey will probably be wiped every major patch during EA
Posted By: Takamori Re: Character wipe after EA??? - 14/10/20 01:47 AM
Given its EA prepare for several wipes. By all means dont hold the current save games dear or it will be a tragic experience.
Posted By: Stabbey Re: Character wipe after EA??? - 14/10/20 02:00 AM
The saved games are wiped in part to keep some of the many bugs which will get fixed from carrying over to a new update and being erroneously re-reported.

Originally Posted by Denzla

They will, however, try to keep the old branch as an option, so you can continue your existing character if you want, but a new game will have to be on the current patch. See 45:33 in the video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763351879
Posted By: Vennumz Re: Character wipe after EA??? - 14/10/20 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The saved games are wiped in part to keep some of the many bugs which will get fixed from carrying over to a new update and being erroneously re-reported.

Originally Posted by Denzla

They will, however, try to keep the old branch as an option, so you can continue your existing character if you want, but a new game will have to be on the current patch. See 45:33 in the video:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763351879

Ah very nice, thanks for share link
© Larian Studios forums