Larian Studios
Posted By: Waltc Oct 14...Gog... - 15/10/20 01:57 AM
...is now giving me a 57GB download. I see no notes on this new patch...? Find that a bit odd...;)
Posted By: Sephirajo Re: Oct 14...Gog... - 15/10/20 02:10 AM
Yeah I just got it too, no notes.
Posted By: Sozz Re: Oct 14...Gog... - 15/10/20 02:11 AM
Patch #1 just went back online, they unpatched when it was causing problems with old saves.
Posted By: Waltc Re: Oct 14...Gog... - 15/10/20 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Sozz
Patch #1 just went back online, they unpatched when it was causing problems with old saves.

Patch #1 was only ~800MBs (or maybe less, can't recall)...this is the entire game reinstalling. So you're saying that because Patch #1 interfered with some people's old saves (didn't bother mine) that reinstalling the entire game is merely to...what...?...Exactly...;) This is *not* Patch #1--it's a reinstallation of the entire game.

Steam is getting something different, it appears--something much smaller. I'm still confused on this...There is nothing here on the Larian site about it atm.
Posted By: Sozz Re: Oct 14...Gog... - 15/10/20 02:29 AM
Patch #1 was a bit larger for me, both times it installed, you might be confusing it with Hotfix 3 which didn't hit GOG until pretty late I think
Posted By: Relampago Re: Oct 14...Gog... - 15/10/20 02:32 AM
Yes to apply the 500mb patch we need essentially a second copy of this game, about 160GB of space essentially. I have a 250GB SSD as my only SSD i installed this on that for performance, i had to remove stuff from my core windows install to be able to get this patch to apply...this is happening on Steam and GOG.
Posted By: Waltc Re: Oct 14...Gog... - 15/10/20 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by Relampago
Yes to apply the 500mb patch we need essentially a second copy of this game, about 160GB of space essentially. I have a 250GB SSD as my only SSD i installed this on that for performance, i had to remove stuff from my core windows install to be able to get this patch to apply...this is happening on Steam and GOG.

Thanks for the explanation...just seems a bit strange...so this is merely a consolidation patch incorporating the previous patches into a new 57 GB copy of the game then. The original patches did not require this, though...

Yes--just checked and although I am only 22GBs into the second installation of the game, the folder reads 156GBs...and climbing, of course...! Thanks again for the info...;) I'm actually running the game on a 7200 rpm HDD and I see nothing objectionable about load times except at the very beginning...after that they are very fast even from an HDD--My NVMe is 250GBs as well, but only used for boot drive & utilities.

Thanks again!
Posted By: Relampago Re: Oct 14...Gog... - 15/10/20 04:12 AM
Glad you were able to work it out, i hope Larian finds better ways to do this in the future.
© Larian Studios forums