Larian Studios
Posted By: Professor_Palmer Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 08:10 PM
If you guys have any ideas for fun categories or requirements I'd love to hear them! Currently thinking a "Save The Refugees" category would be a lot of fun.

https://youtu.be/H5TNOFIq09s
Posted By: Emrikol Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 08:47 PM
FUN! rolleyes
Posted By: Warlocke Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 08:51 PM
I just saw the write-up on your run on Kotaku. Nice work.
Posted By: Eguzky Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Emrikol
FUN! rolleyes

If you don't care; why post? Why freaking post? Why actively try to tear down someone else's fun?

Is it the only way you can feel joy? If you don't care about world records, then don't enter a forum thread about word MFing records!
Don't be a little toddler who has to tear down what someone else is doing just because you have no interest in it.
Posted By: DumbleDorf Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 09:40 PM
Do you count the loading screen times into the total time taken?

Man you could shave off at least 30s with an NVME SSD!
Posted By: Emrikol Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Eguzky
FUN! rolleyes

If you don't care; why post? Why freaking post? Why actively try to tear down someone else's fun?

Is it the only way you can feel joy? If you don't care about world records, then don't enter a forum thread about word MFing records!
Don't be a little toddler who has to tear down what someone else is doing just because you have no interest in it.

Easy on the melodrama. I don't usually do it, and I didn't do it the first time I saw it, or the second time, or even the third time. But after a while, kind of asking for it.
Posted By: clanpot Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 09:49 PM
Do you mind just sticking to one thread for your twitch channel?
Posted By: Eguzky Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 09:56 PM
FUN! rolleyes

Easy on the melodrama. I don't usually do it, and I didn't do it the first time I saw it, or the second time, or even the third time. But after a while, kind of asking for it.

Rofl. Last time I heard someone say 'He was asking for it', it involved the sociopathic a-hole I lived with over 5 years ago breaking 3 of my teeth.
No, someone posting their accomplishments is not 'asking for it' just because you don't like it. Just don't read the threads.

You don't get to decide 'He posted 3 times! NOW I get to tear down his accomplishments like an asshole!'
Just. Don't. Read. 4Head.
Posted By: Emrikol Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 09:59 PM
FUN! rolleyes

Rofl. Last time I heard someone say 'He was asking for it', it involved the sociopathic a-hole I lived with over 5 years ago breaking 3 of my teeth.
No, someone posting their accomplishments is not 'asking for it' just because you don't like it. Just don't read the threads.

You don't get to decide 'He posted 3 times! NOW I get to tear down his accomplishments like an asshole!'
Just. Don't. Read. 4Head.

Shouldn't you be out protesting somewhere?
Posted By: Warlocke Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 10:07 PM

Translation: I know they have a point but I don’t want to admit I was wrong so I’ll try and throw some shade to get the last word in.

😂😂😂
Posted By: Emrikol Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Translation: I know they have a point but I don’t want to admit I was wrong so I’ll try and throw some shade to get the last word in.

😂😂😂

Or: You've become unhinged and are capable of seeing nothing but your own overblown sense of indignation.
Posted By: DumbleDorf Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 10:20 PM
Lets all go protest against the lackluster faces in this game. I'll bring pitchforks!
Posted By: Eguzky Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 10:24 PM

I'm not the sad sack trying to make someone feel bad for their accomplishments.

I'm just the one who fights back against bullies like you, who try to make everyone else feel bad to make up for your own lack of joy.
Posted By: Emrikol Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 10:32 PM

I'm just the one who fights back against bullies like you, who try to make everyone else feel bad to make up for your own lack of joy.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for their accomplishments. I'm saying (through succinct sarcasm) that making multiple threads on the same subject is obnoxious. Like someone else explicitly said, keep it to one thread.
Posted By: Eguzky Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 10:36 PM

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for their accomplishments. I'm saying (through succinct sarcasm) that making multiple threads on the same subject is obnoxious. Like someone else explicitly said, keep it to one thread.

Oh yes, because everyone knows a sarcastic comment and an eye-roll is universal for 'Please don't make multiple threads or spam the forums'.

Instead of, you know, being a snide way to make someone feel bad they posted something. I guess it got lost in translation.
Posted By: Emrikol Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 10:37 PM
The funny thing is, the OP probably doesn't even give a shit about my reply. Yet, here we are ...
Posted By: Horrorscope Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 15/10/20 10:49 PM
FUN! rolleyes
Posted By: 0Muttley0 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 16/10/20 05:33 PM
NOW I get to tear down his accomplishments like an asshole!'

Not to be overly picky on arse vs ass(that has been overdone to death)...

But, (and please bear in mind i am drunk right now) how cool an insult would 'donkey hole' be'?

I remember a friend explaining to me the origins of window meant 'wind hole' and me being the filthy midined prick that I am associated wind hole with arse(hole)/farting. So now I think 'window' is a brilliant insult.
Posted By: Gard Hull Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 16/10/20 05:48 PM
Oh come on. The dude skipped 99.9% of the content. I fail to see anything resembling an accomplishment there. (That's not bullying, that's an observation.)
Whatever floats his boat though.

Posted By: Warlocke Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 16/10/20 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Gard Hull
Oh come on. The dude skipped 99.9% of the content. I fail to see anything resembling an accomplishment there. (That's not bullying, that's an observation.)

That is the point of a speed run.
Posted By: vageta31 Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 16/10/20 06:03 PM

Oh yes, because everyone knows a sarcastic comment and an eye-roll is universal for 'Please don't make multiple threads or spam the forums'.

Instead of, you know, being a snide way to make someone feel bad they posted something. I guess it got lost in translation.

From my perspective the only bully in this thread is you. He made a simple sarcastic comment and you tried equating it to the level of domestic violence. If you feel that one sarcastic word is that over the top imagine how others look at your follow up posts.

And I agree, keep it to one thread. Or are you ok with a new post every time this person beats the previous record by 1.33 seconds? Posting in the same thread still bumps it to the top, no reason to clutter up the boards with multiple posts.
Posted By: Ahharu Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 16/10/20 06:06 PM
I like the possibility of finish act 1 doing nothing. No companion required, no quest / questline, no items. I like it.
Posted By: Eguzky Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 16/10/20 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gard Hull

Speedruns are about getting to the end of the game. Not 100% said game.

That said, there are many categories: 'any % runs' and '100% runs' and 'glitchless runs' because, of course, a 100% run will take longer than a run where you glitch to the ending credits in 5 minutes.

But they are all valid speedruns.
Posted By: Eguzky Re: Baldur's Gate 3 in 7 minutes flat. - 16/10/20 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by vageta31

From my perspective the only bully in this thread is you. He made a simple sarcastic comment and you tried equating it to the level of domestic violence. If you feel that one sarcastic word is that over the top imagine how others look at your follow up posts.

And I agree, keep it to one thread. Or are you ok with a new post every time this person beats the previous record by 1.33 seconds? Posting in the same thread still bumps it to the top, no reason to clutter up the boards with multiple posts.

You missed the point of that information.

Frequently, jerks say 'they were asking for it' as a way to shift the blame off their own deplorable actions and instead try to convince people their target deserved to be hit, insulted, or whatever.
These people will tear down an accomplishment or throw a punch and then say 'It's not MY fault! He was asking for it!' and 100% believe they are being the 'nice guy' while acting like a jerk.

I don't stand for that. If speedruns don't impress someone, then they should not read a thread about a speedrun.
Instead of, you know, making a snide comment meant to tear down the OP's accomplishment.

So if you think I'm the ONLY bully here, you may want to reread the other dude's reaction. It had no purpose other than to be snide and condescending.
© Larian Studios forums