Larian Studios
Out of the 6 classes that haven't been added yet, which one are you looking forward the most?
  • Barbarian
  • Bard
  • Druid
  • Monk
  • Paladin
  • Sorcerer

Now, I am pretty pumped for any of these classes to be added, however, I most want to try the Bard.
The ability to have access to all skills at character creation and being able to choose 3 of them?
Then if they add it in, Jack of All Trades at level 2?
Then I could get more skills as a Lore Bard or become a pseudo combat junky as a Valor Bard. So pumped!
Sorcerer for me. Metamagic sounds like a load of fun. Wild magic will be crazy and random if implemented correctly.
I love monk and sorcerer. As a single class I am more interested in playing sorcerer, but between the two I would rather play a multi-class monk. Assuming that the level cap is 12, a 8 shadow monk / 4 arcane trickster with the warlock magic initiate feat for hex will be my jam. 20 dex with 4 hits + sneak attack on a hexed target gives a potential 10d6 + 20 damage. Not nearly as powerful as some power gaming classes, but it is serviceable and very thematic as an anime ninja.
Most looking forward to Barbarian and Druid for me. I think Barbarian mechanics will fit almost perfectly with the game version of 5e rules, and be really fun and intuitive (and probably a really strong melee class, comparatively, as the fighter and ranger don't feel like super reliable DPS yet). As for the Druid, I think if they introduce at least two subclasses that are quite different--say, the Circle of the Moon as your typical Wildshape-based Druid, and then something weirder like Circle of Dreams or Wildfire--you could have a really interesting spellcaster option that feels totally different from Wizard or Sorcerer (if or when they add sorcerer).
Bard, paladin, and druid in that order. I love soloing these types of games and each of those should make pretty good candidates
Barbarian, Paladin & Druid, those are classes I'm most likely to play.
Oath of Conquest Paladin for sure wink
For pure awesome destruction? Barbarian for sure. That's going to be a great playthrough.
Originally Posted by Copy_Th0t

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Conquest paladins come from Xanathars Guide to everything, and are unlikely to be added at or before launch.
They are one of my fav subclass too, along with hex blade warlocks and necromancer wizards.

Its why I am so on the fence about the games content choice at the moment. A lot of the more popular subclasses people play on table top (especially true for bards and rogues) are in Xanathars.

Anyway, the class I am really looking forward to Paladins in general, as well as Necromancy for wizards.
Originally Posted by macadami
Bard, paladin, and druid in that order. I love soloing these types of games and each of those should make pretty good candidates

Same lineup for me but in the order of druid, bard, and paladin. These + ranger/rogue tend to me my favorite classes in any game.
Monk for sure!
Originally Posted by Dinvan

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Conquest paladins come from Xanathars Guide to everything, and are unlikely to be added at or before launch.
They are one of my fav subclass too, along with hex blade warlocks and necromancer wizards.

Its why I am so on the fence about the games content choice at the moment. A lot of the more popular subclasses people play on table top (especially true for bards and rogues) are in Xanathars.

Anyway, the class I am really looking forward to Paladins in general, as well as Necromancy for wizards.

Completely forgot about that detail, oh well, paladins in general are awesome.
I wish the town drunk was a class, seems like a cool roleplaying opportunity.
Originally Posted by Abits
I wish the town drunk was a class, seems like a cool roleplaying opportunity.

I do that IRL, no game needed lmao
Definitely interested in all of them. I have no doubt I will be playing through the game with all of them.
Eh, just one. Well if it has to be just one - BARBARIAN! If I'm being honest though Paladin, Barbarian, Monk, and Sorcerer are all tied for what I want to play. Always loved the classes and rarely got to play them at the gaming table. I hope to at least see Barbarian, Paladin, and Sorcerer soon. I have a feeling though, druids are next up. I don't mind druids, but eh, barbarians are cooler with anger issues. wink
Druid smile
Paladin
Champion Paladin
Druid, Bard & Paladin, in that order.
Originally Posted by Dinvan

Isn't Lore still the most popular Bard subclass? It's definitely one of the best.

I'm eagerly awaiting the monk class ^^
Paladin and Sorc.
<----- Bard. Assassin sub as well.
Wizards are my favourite class, I most look forward to Bladesinger, which will probably not even be in the game till I or someone else attempts to add it. But it's my favourite so it's what I look forward to!
Artificer, albeit I do not think it´s going to be in the game.
Druid would be my next favourite.
Sorcerer, barbarian and paladin in that order.
I am with @Azazane with this one: Druid, Bard, and Paladin. In that order. hehe
Some kind of Gnome Chaos Sorcerer if that's a thing.
Paladin, Druid, Monk.
Druid, doubly so as Artificer won't be showing up most likely. It's the class I play most often.
bards could be cool. I had an awesome bard I did in BG1EE he was this fighter kit bard (forgot the name) and he was a badass
Bard, then Sorcerer.

(And Archfey Warlock)
Sorcerer, then Druid, then Bard.

(And Archfey Warlock)

grin
Monk only if they add Githzerai to go with it . smile

I like sorcerers, but I actually think they shouldn't be added first, until there's a lot more work on wizard and warlock. Otherwise they're not really going to play very differently.
Druid, but only if they add the Spore Circle.
If they follow the PHB, it's a shame that some classes will only have 2 subclasses, and some so much more.
Paladin
Bard and Monk! From how the voice lines for Bardic Inspiration will be sung/spoken to punching the lights out of an army of goblins... fun times ahead.
Paladin for the sake of the question. But Hexblade Warlock. God I hope they add that.
Monk seems like it could be fun.
Originally Posted by Mezbarrena
Paladin for the sake of the question. But Hexblade Warlock. God I hope they add that.

I think of all the non-PHB subclasses, hexblade has the best chance of being included. It’s such a fan favorite.
Warlord >_>

(I know 4E was terrible, but Warlord was a good class and deserves a second chance, dammit.)

But seriously, we absolutely need more healer classes, so I'm really looking forward to bard and druid. And I just generally love paladins.
Paladin (ideally Oath of Conquest, but I like Devotion as well), then Warlock (Hexblade or bust!), then Bard, then Sorcerer would be what I’d like next.
Monk
I just thought of one that's not on the list, but I'm not sure if it'll come up, Favored Soul.
Bard and Druid if I can choose two.

I like casters the most, but Sorcerer's aren't too much different to Wizards so I'd like to see those two added first.
Originally Posted by robertthebard
I just thought of one that's not on the list, but I'm not sure if it'll come up, Favored Soul.

Favored Soul in 5E is a Sorcerer archetype, and would be a fantastic addition.
Barbarian!!!
Originally Posted by Kavonde

Isn't that the same as they always were? They are the Sorcerer version of a Divine Caster, and more better suited to using the offensive divine spells.
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf

Isn't that the same as they always were? They are the Sorcerer version of a Divine Caster, and more better suited to using the offensive divine spells.

Well, they used to be their own, separate class in 3rd Edition. So I was just clarifying for robertthebard that, if they're added, it will be as part of the Sorcerer class.
I'm hoping they add Sorcerer with the dragon disciple with it. Though I don't really play a Druid I do hope they add the Druid and different shape shifting other than a bear or a wolf.
Originally Posted by Iszaryn
I'm hoping they add Sorcerer with the dragon disciple with it. Though I don't really play a Druid I do hope they add the Druid and different shape shifting other than a bear or a wolf.

On that note I'm itching to do another Solo run through of BG2 on a Dragon Disciple sorcerer.
Originally Posted by Azazane
Druid, Bard & Paladin, in that order.

This exactly.
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf

Well, they used to be their own, separate class in 3rd Edition. So I was just clarifying for robertthebard that, if they're added, it will be as part of the Sorcerer class.

How'd they make the jump from a Divine caster type to an arcane caster type?
Necromancer
P/s this topic has already been early
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=704279&page=1
They get access to the cleric's spell list, so they are both divine and arcane.
Originally Posted by Ocece
They get access to the cleric's spell list, so they are both divine and arcane.

So the only similarity to Sorc is that the way they get their spells? That doesn't translate to Arcane.
Druid is the class most looking forward into playing, my favorite 2 subclasses are circle of the moon, and for a caster type circle of wildfires( i know the latter is UA but its by far the best caster type.Circle of Spores is also UA but is my third choice for sub class for druid, circle of land is awful on its own.)

For honorable mentions: paladin as subclass oathbreaker, and Monk with Way of the Long Death( way of the Kensai is also useful) I think the only class I really don't care for though is Bard, i think it should be added for authenticness sake and the few people in this world that actually like bard class, but really would prefer Artificer over Bard, and yeah before anyone says it i know artificer is primarily a class for Eberron campaigns, there is nothing that says you can't be an artificer in Faerun. And it is an official class for D&D 5e.
Monk. Primarily because all of the subclasses are great and I feel like we wont be seeing much from SCAG or Xanthar (I could be wrong though, Hexblade is so popular it would be silly not to include it in this game).

Sorcerer as a second place option because Wild Magic is a PHB subclass and if we are sticking to the vanilla book for this entire games content, then I am most excited about Wild Magic sorc, and Moon druid.... but this game is going to really be less about character builds if its PHB only. You can see it with how they've already done nothing at all to replace Great Old One warlocks "Awakened Mind" feature. They just give them nothing in this game. So Id much rather see them pull from books that they can actually adpat into the game, rather than follow some arbitrary rule of "PHB only"... however that may be a licensing thing alltogether and they may just not be allowed to give us Hexblades/Oath of Conquest/Swashbucklers
Iszaryn said: ....I'm hoping they add Sorcerer with the dragon disciple with it. Though I don't really play a Druid I do hope they add the Druid and different shape shifting other than a bear or a wolf.

In response: I hope so also, i would like to see it where you can become every animal seen in BG3 so long as you have the ability to shift into that lvl of CR, you should be able to. Further more may be a few others since you know that the characters are all from Baldur's Gate you know they grew up in a urban and grassland area , also maybe a few costal creatures( since there so close to the sea) on top of what is found within the game. but once you see a creature , you can use its form in wildshape so long as you have the ability to wild shape into that CR beast/elemental( if moon druid.) Expect a TON of complaints if this isn't the case in BG3. It would be sucky if a circle of the land druid can shift into all the same creatures as circle of the moon, circle of the moon should get at start more powerful creature access from there starting list then any other druid subtype. After all that is what Circle of the Moon is all about, there wild shape choices.
Originally Posted by soulstalker
Iszaryn said: ....I'm hoping they add Sorcerer with the dragon disciple with it. Though I don't really play a Druid I do hope they add the Druid and different shape shifting other than a bear or a wolf.

In response: I hope so also, i would like to see it where you can become every animal seen in BG3 so long as you have the ability to shift into that lvl of CR, you should be able to. Further more may be a few others since you know that the characters are all from Baldur's Gate you know they grew up in a urban and grassland area , also maybe a few costal creatures( since there so close to the sea) on top of what is found within the game. but once you see a creature , you can use its form in wildshape so long as you have the ability to wild shape into that CR beast/elemental( if moon druid.) Expect a TON of complaints if this isn't the case in BG3. It would be sucky if a circle of the land druid can shift into all the same creatures as circle of the moon, circle of the moon should get at start more powerful creature access from there starting list then any other druid subtype. After all that is what Circle of the Moon is all about, there wild shape choices.

Builing up a list of Wildshape forms for a druid should be similar to a wizard adding to his spell book. It gives them something specific to their class that they can focus on progression for. At least thats how a lot of DM's do it
© Larian Studios forums