Larian Studios
Posted By: Scrafuffle Hellish Rebuke! - 22/10/20 11:50 PM
Anyone else unsure how reactions work? I cast hellish rebuke and it added a reaction option, but won't activate it when i get attacked.
Posted By: DumbleDorf Re: Hellish Rebuke! - 23/10/20 12:20 AM
It works as it should for me, incinerates loads of dumb goblins that try to attack Wyll.
Posted By: asdf11784 Re: Hellish Rebuke! - 23/10/20 12:23 AM
It's buggy as hell. Don't use it against any enemy that can knock you back or inflict prone - it completely bugs out against those. It also sometimes bugs out against enemies that make multiple attacks. I've also seen it inexplicably fail against the phase spider matriarch for no apparent reason (the animation plays and it's used, it just does no damage).
Posted By: DumbleDorf Re: Hellish Rebuke! - 23/10/20 12:29 AM
Hmmm I just used it any time enemies got close to Wyll instead of pulling him away and boom! Dead goblin next turn.
Posted By: Osprey39 Re: Hellish Rebuke! - 23/10/20 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Scrafuffle
Anyone else unsure how reactions work? I cast hellish rebuke and it added a reaction option, but won't activate it when i get attacked.

You have to actually be struck for it to work. Misses won't trigger it. Here is the spell text: "The next time you take damage, you use your reaction to surround you attacker in hellish flames that deal 2d10 Fire."
© Larian Studios forums