Larian Studios
Posted By: Masakado Whodunit? - 05/11/20 01:17 AM
So, about the Tiefling astronomer...

Something I didn't notice on my first playthrough (and couldn't notice on my second because I sided with the goblins): I saved her from the bugbear assassin, got her soul coin as a reward. I then went adventuring, cleared the goblin lair, and thinking her dialog might have changed like the other refugees' did, I went looking for her, and found her corpse. Which wouldn't talk to me. Did I miss a quest line (either to prevent her death or to investigate it)? It seems odd that she shows up in the cutscene of the nautiloid crashing, can be saved from the first assassin, has a somewhat interesting backstory (I personally want to know what she did to "earn" that soul coin from the "pouty erinyes"), but is then killed off screen and seems to be a dead end. Is there a dialog option I missed or something? Am I just glitched and it somehow read me as having not saved her, or is this something that is going to continue in the part of the game after EA?
Posted By: N7Greenfire Re: Whodunit? - 05/11/20 01:20 AM
[s][/s]It was that way for me too, though I think it might be intended, like Arka
always dying
can't save someone from their own stupidity
Posted By: Masakado Re: Whodunit? - 05/11/20 02:55 AM
I guess the difference for me is that everything that happened with Arka made sense and felt complete, but the astronomer felt like she should have connected to further quests or something (I'm confident no group I've ever been in would have just shrugged and dropped the matter - sheer curiousity would have had us pestering the DM until he made something up even if he hadn't intended to go further with it). Maybe after EA or something.
Posted By: vometia Re: Whodunit? - 05/11/20 06:22 AM
I presume it's a bug. I noticed then I went back to the camp there was a yellow marker which went out as I approached and
the bugbear assassin's body had vanished, so it seems he failed to stay dead.
© Larian Studios forums