Larian Studios
Hey everyone. I thought I'd share my BG3 renders here in case someone might like them.

Here's the link (spoilers, by the way!)

I'll be adding more renders soon so if you want to see a particular character or monster, let me know and I'll prioritize them.

Pro tip: to get a slightly higher res version of any render, open it in new tab/window and change the max height at the end of the url from h700 to h9700.
Posted By: fallenj Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 05:58 PM
nice, thanks for the post.
Posted By: Aishaddai Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 06:36 PM
Wow human Mizora and Nightsong look nice. I see the real reason Wyll said yes to human Mizora and why he wants out after seeing her real face haha. Helia left me dumbfounded. Looks like Shadowheart is where i'm headed for romance. Also for some reason I expected Cazador to look much older even hunched with a bit of grey hair. I've always pictured old vamps that way, but whatever.

Anywho thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.
Posted By: Cactus_Back Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by fallenj
nice, thanks for the post.

No problem, thanks for checking out.

Originally Posted by Aishaddai
Wow human Mizora and Nightsong look nice. I see the real reason Wyll said yes to human Mizora and why he wants out after seeing her real face haha. Helia left me dumbfounded. Looks like Shadowheart is where i'm headed for romance. Also for some reason I expected Cazador to look much older even hunched with a bit of grey hair. I've always pictured old vamps that way, but whatever.

Anywho thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

Keep in mind that those are all data mined, so their appearance might change a lot. But yeah, I was a bit surprised by Cazador's look too.
Posted By: Aishaddai Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 07:05 PM
Oh right. No problem.
Posted By: KillerRabbit Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 08:44 PM
Nice!

Since it leads to datamined material I would put a spoiler tag in the subject line. And on that spoiler material

Damn it to Bhaal I hate that headdress for nightsong. That belongs in Mardi Gras parade not a video game.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 09:01 PM
I want Mizora's dress for my PC. KKTHXBYE. wink

All jokes aside, make damn wizard/sorcerer robes look good Larian! Or let us get all the generic outfits (like Mizora's) wearable by the PC. Make it count as going around unarmored (for mage armor types of spells and possible sorcerer dragon scales improving unarmored AC)... I don't want the whole world of BG to see my character's poor taste in lingerie.
Posted By: N7Greenfire Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 09:01 PM
Nooooooooo

Helia is an old lady, wait how are we supposed to bang her

Also I'm killin Wyll to become Mizora's new bf
Posted By: JesusDied Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Nicottia
I want Mizora's dress for my PC. KKTHXBYE. wink

All jokes aside, make damn wizard/sorcerer robes look good Larian! Or let us get all the generic outfits (like Mizora's) wearable by the PC. Make it count as going around unarmored (for mage armor types of spells and possible sorcerer dragon scales improving unarmored AC)... I don't want the whole world of BG to see my character's poor taste in lingerie.

Well, there is a mod for that.

Mizora's Dress
Posted By: Cactus_Back Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Since it leads to datamined material I would put a spoiler tag in the subject line. And on that spoiler material

Yes, I guess it's a good idea especially since spoilers are being discussed in the replies. I've added the spoiler tag to the OP and to the thread title.
Posted By: Maldurin Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 09:51 PM
We better get these Justiciar Armor as wearable! As awful as the helm is, so awesome is the armor
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 10:10 PM
Nice!

Uuuuu me like the

Slayer
Posted By: FaultyValve Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 10:51 PM

I previously thought (and posted) that it would be unlikely that BG3 would include or be about Bhaalspawn, due to the end of Throne of Bhaal. However.. With the datamined Bhaalspawn slayer, it's either a leftover from a century ago..... or how long have we (MC at least) been on that Nautiloid?
Posted By: Neuleser Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by FaultyValve

I previously thought (and posted) that it would be unlikely that BG3 would include or be about Bhaalspawn, due to the end of Throne of Bhaal. However.. With the datamined Bhaalspawn slayer, it's either a leftover from a century ago..... or how long have we (MC at least) been on that Nautiloid?

One of the unused origins seems to be...
a young Bhaalspawn, named The Kid in the files.
Posted By: alice_ashpool Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 11:11 PM
Not going to lie, that cazador model got me like O_O
Posted By: Verte Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 11:11 PM
No wonder Wyll agreed so easily. ];-> Dark Justiciar... quite disappointing, bright colors as contradiction maybe... Not sure what I expected, guess nothing stylish like a Steel inquisitors from Mistborn books. Cazador doesn't look like a noble at all in this clothes, even Astarion is more fancy.
Thanks for the renders smile
Posted By: alice_ashpool Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Verte
No wonder Wyll agreed so easily. ];-> Dark Justiciar... quite disappointing, bright colors as contradiction maybe... Not sure what I expected, guess nothing stylish like an Steel inquisitors from Mistborn books. Cazador doesn't look like a noble at all in this clothes, even Astarion is more fancy.
Thanks for the renders smile

but he does look smoking hot. The DJ armor has grown on me a lot, something about it which initially seemed weird then the more I look the more I like.
Posted By: N7Greenfire Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 11:30 PM

Its heavily implied if not outright stated that the Nautiloid has some time travel involved
Posted By: Verte Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Character Renders - 16/11/20 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool

but he does look smoking hot. The DJ armor has grown on me a lot, something about it which initially seemed weird then the more I look the more I like.

I guess Cazador is not in my type
About DJ, it is not bad, at least till waist, I don't like that glitched thingy. Helmet reminds me of some Dune's ilustrations made by W.Siudmak, not bad
[Linked Image]
I've added several datamined armor renders as well, including
barbarian and sorcerer
armors. You can check them here in the Datamine > Armor section.

I haven't bothered doing female versions but if anyone really wants to see those, let me know and I'll see if I can add them as well.
i realy am not a big fan of the armors so far.
The barbarian armor, much like many of the others, just feels flat and it lacks cultural signifiers, there ought to be more frazetta in there
The armors looks good, I think the problem is with their shiny colours that are a bit silly.
Another big problem that I really hope will be fixed is the lack of face models. Too many characters in the game has an MC face model
I think the barbarian armor needs more fur/jewels/maybe bones/tribal stuff, but overall I'm fine with it. It might be the low level version of something more impressive so I won't sweat it. I do feel that the body models are too small and skinny for barbarians. I'm hoping for a body slider buy I doubt it. I also agree with Abits about adding a few more faces for variety. Though I'll be rocking a beard so I probably won't notice.

The werewolves look good to me and the skeleton I thought was fane for a split second.
Originally Posted by Sordak
i realy am not a big fan of the armors so far.
The barbarian armor, much like many of the others, just feels flat and it lacks cultural signifiers, there ought to be more frazetta in there

Yeah, I think BG3 armors have really been hit or miss. I do like the drow and the sorcerer sets but I'm disappointed by the barbarian armor as well. I was hoping for something more menacing and warrior-like and this looks more like a shaman armor to me.
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

Its heavily implied if not outright stated that the Nautiloid has some time travel involved

When is anything said about time travel? Bhaal was resurrected 25 years before the start of the game (if I have the dates right), so why would there be time travel?
Awesome work, Cactus. Please let us know whenever you add more models!
Originally Posted by Priest
Awesome work, Cactus. Please let us know whenever you add more models!

Thank you! Someone at Reddit requested female versions so I'll let everyone know when I add those as well.
Originally Posted by Cactus_Back
I've added several datamined armor renders as well, including
barbarian and sorcerer
armors. You can check them here in the Datamine > Armor section.

I haven't bothered doing female versions but if anyone really wants to see those, let me know and I'll see if I can add them as well.

Dang good job dude, is it safe to say barb and sorc qre the most done?
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

Dang good job dude, is it safe to say barb and sorc qre the most done?

I only checked the armors, so not sure about the actual implementation of their class mechanics but yes, it looks like their armors are pretty much fully done for all races and genders.
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

> Makes uniform druid robes for every druid NPC
> PC gets knockoff Wizard robes

????
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
[Linked Image]

This is what it feels like to chew 5 gum

????

I'm not getting what's your problem here?
All druid NPC we met so far are from one same circle. Druid circle is pretty much the same thing as a particular monastery of particular branch for other religions. It's somewhat logical for them to have some kind of uniform, similiar ritual and ceremonial clothes.
PC isn't from the same circle. Why he supposed to wear the same uniform?
Don't get really angry - they could change a lot of art in the release, just saying what they say. It is all work in process.
There's nothing that says "druid" on that green robe though.

It looks like this season's Baldur's Gate city Wizard fashion. =)

????

Of those three, I would much rather have the druid robes look like the middle one; regardless of gender. The one on the left looks like green wizard robes, while the one on the right looks more like leather (maybe even pleather) armor that a druid might wear, than druid robes.

EDIT: I think it is important to also say that it doesn't really make sense that druid robes would be that shade of green; it is far too clean and bright. Druids don't have prestidigitation so no cleaning with magic. I expect druid's clothing to be faded from exposure and made from more neutral tones; they don't necessarily have to be muddy.
Thanks for those renders... I found your site a few days ago. Nice work smile
I think the druid robe will probably get changed. Or just scrapped altogether. It's only an internal name after all and as I've just discovered there do not seem to be a female or any other race versions of it. It was featured in the teaser trailer so perhaps it was only a placeholder before Larian added the actual druid armor worn by NPC druids in-game.

Originally Posted by HarbsNarbs
Thanks for those renders... I found your site a few days ago. Nice work smile

No problem and thanks for checking them out!
I've added female versions of the armors here (Datamine > Armor).

Sadly the druid robe, shadow druid and dwarven plate armors do not seem to have female versions (yet?).
Originally Posted by Zellin
I'm not getting what's your problem here?
All druid NPC we met so far are from one same circle. Druid circle is pretty much the same thing as a particular monastery of particular branch for other religions. It's somewhat logical for them to have some kind of uniform, similiar ritual and ceremonial clothes.
PC isn't from the same circle. Why he supposed to wear the same uniform?
I don't understand why they committed to uniforms for druids in the first place but if they do, the only difference between the circles should be the emblem on their chest right? That is what the uniform is for. The PC's druid robes look nothing like what druids wear in Act 1, or what novices wear for that matter.
I think the druid robe will probably get changed. Or just scrapped altogether. It's only an internal name after all and as I've just discovered there do not seem to be a female or any other race versions of it. It was featured in the teaser trailer so perhaps it was only a placeholder before Larian added the actual druid armor worn by NPC druids in-game.
Let's hope so.
I've added female versions of the armors here (Datamine > Armor).

Sadly the druid robe, shadow druid and dwarven plate armors do not seem to have female versions (yet?).

Thank you!

The female wizard robe looks lovely, my favourite so far.
I've added a few more datamined armors in the usual place here (Datamine > Armor) for everyone to have something to look at while waiting for the patch.

Including these

Robes of the Cult of the Absolute
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Although it's important to note that these robes only exist as separate meshes in the files so I had to piece them together myself. And there do not seem to be female versions of them.

Nice! Thank you for the update.
Cactus you are doing the Lord's work. I love it.

(And by the Lord, you know who I mean, you beautiful, amazing, murderous son's of bitches)
Originally Posted by ScouseSorcerer1
Cactus you are doing the Lord's work. I love it.

So to the extent to which I have been noticed at all on this board, one may have noticed my penchant language and writing.

The joy in the phrase God's work is in the fact that noone ever appreciated people that do God's work while they were doing it, its going to be inhumanly difficult, it probably won't end well for anyone, and those who do it anyway won't be thanked or remembered for it.

Its beautiful because it is sincere, wry, ironic, and amusing all at once. What is truly ironic though, is outside the military, I rarely encounter anyone who uses the phrase correctly -although that does make sense, since being unappreciated seems to come with a uniform.
© Larian Studios forums