Larian Studios
I can only highly a very small subset with the ALT key. How do I highlight everything? Every area I'm wasting time groping with the mouse because I can't tell what is part of the background and what can be picked up or interacted with.
You can't.
That's very strange... But you can't.
Search the room

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/129

Not a real solution and radius is limited, but it helps.

I use the older version (no skill checks) and it mitigates the problem a bit.
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
You can't.
The people in my land have a term for this: "Bloody annoying". This is absolutely something I wish they brought over from Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.
Generally speaking, when you press Alt, it's supposed to Highlight every interactable object on screen. Other RPGs do this - games like NWN did it first and even use the same key! However... in Larian games, somehow they've messed this up, and it doesn't work. It only highlights some of the things, some of the time, and it seems pretty hit and miss as to what it picks out or doesn't. One of the more staple mods for their previous divinity games has usually been one that gives everything a highlight and tool tip, like they should have. You could try inundating them with bug report for every time you find that doesn't get tool tipped and highlighted when you press alt. It might help them get the message, but that's about all we can realistically do right now.
This feature is a must have, I'm sorry.
idk, I kind of like it as is because it encourages you to actually scan the environment yourself instead of just letting the game tell you everything. It's a nice opportunity to appreciate the smaller details of the environmental design and art.
Originally Posted by TripSin
idk, I kind of like it as is because it encourages you to actually scan the environment yourself instead of just letting the game tell you everything. It's a nice opportunity to appreciate the smaller details of the environmental design and art.

There’s some merit to this but there are some items that are incredibly small, it can easily be missed like the soul coin on the ground. It’s tiny.

It’s one thing to encourage players to scan the environment. It’s another to check every tiny rock or pebble.
Originally Posted by TripSin

I kind of like it too. You have to actively look at your surroundings, but of course it shouldn't be abused. I like it for things like potions for example. They are easily recognizable if you take a look around you. Or for objects on a desk/table/bookcase.

What drives me insane is tooltipped objects with no highlight. The tooltip is placed in a way that makes it very difficult to spot the object. I find it very misleading.
© Larian Studios forums