Larian Studios
Posted By: Niya Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 01:24 PM
Just 12h ago from steamdb

patch4 EA Patch4 6053004 12 hours ago
aswell as something called summer2020

Brace yourselves, it's comin' smile
Posted By: Tarlonniel Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 01:42 PM
Yes, something is coming, but these kinds of updates can go on for weeks before a patch actually drops. It's always just around the corner.
Posted By: DuskHorseman Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 01:45 PM
I agree with Tarlonniel. This happens a lot with patches, and hopefully something happens this month, but I don't think it's *super* incoming.
Posted By: Hilarian Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 01:58 PM
I don't think it's anything big, they only returned to work not too long ago, right? Most likely just a placeholder or bug fixes.
Posted By: Dexai Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Yes, something is coming,

Well, winter is just about to start here in southern Sweden...
Posted By: Fikoley Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 07:22 PM
where is ı cant see it
Posted By: KillerRabbit Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dexai

Well it's not like people were going outside before smile
Posted By: Vallis Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 08:21 PM
For the love of god I hope they fixed the cutscenes, the romance ones too
Posted By: daMichi Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Vallis

Hehe, this is something I absolutely not care about. In my opinion the cutscenes should be the last thing to fix before final release.

I would prefer they first fix bugs, fix combat, fix the UI, fix the resting system, add the possibility to let other party members participate in dialogs, and then add new content (classes, Levels, etc.).

And THEN I would have them fix cutscenes.

So enough to do 😉
Posted By: BraveSirRobin Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 09:42 PM
Last steam updates to patch 4 before the Holidays was the 24th of Dec then no updates til Jan 4th, so Larian gave it's folks a nice holiday break.
Posted By: Vallis Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by daMichi
Originally Posted by Vallis

Hehe, this is something I absolutely not care about. In my opinion the cutscenes should be the last thing to fix before final release.

I would prefer they first fix bugs, fix combat, fix the UI, fix the resting system, add the possibility to let other party members participate in dialogs, and then add new content (classes, Levels, etc.).

And THEN I would have them fix cutscenes.

So enough to do 😉

Many of them skip actual dialogue points, there has been several points in the game where what should have been dialogue choices just had "continue" so I don't agree they should be last. And do companions not already participate in dialogue? I distintly remember wyll demanding to talk to princess gut when I used the spell on her after she was dead
Posted By: daMichi Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 08/01/21 11:08 PM
By participating in dialogue I mean that I want to choose who rolls a skill or ability check.

And If there are severe bugs, like not seeing dialogue at all, yes, that should be fixed.

But if the camera angle is perfect or a pose of a character is right, that is not that important right now, at least in my opinion.

But everybody should give feedback, that's what EA is for, we all hope Larian listens to us!
Posted By: Dragonkindred Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 05:22 AM

So, your saying... "Winter is coming"... Pretty sure I've heard that somewhere before! laugh

Back on topic, lets hope the next patch brings us a little more than a few bug fixes.
Posted By: EstherEloise Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 11:39 AM
what was patch about?
Posted By: Naginata Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Dragonkindred

So, your saying... "Winter is coming"... Pretty sure I've heard that somewhere before! laugh

Back on topic, lets hope the next patch brings us a little more than a few bug fixes.

In iceland they say "Winter never left" wink
Posted By: Bufotenina Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 03:40 PM
I'm a bit confused, is this a real patch or is just a log in the steam directory?
Posted By: DiDiDi Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 03:51 PM
patch4 EA Patch4 6131329 15 hours ago

Let's gooo! smile
Posted By: Naginata Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by DiDiDi

Let's gooo! smile

Ok what does your information mean exactly?
Posted By: DiDiDi Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Naginata

Let's gooo! smile

Ok what does your information mean exactly?

That a non-public (you need password to access) branch patch4 has been updated 15 hours ago (& its corresponding build). No more details, unfortunately, as you cannot view non-public depots' builds (and their history).

So not much, really. I just want to start a new playthrough, but want to wait for the new patch, so its mostly my impatience speaking.

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/?branch=patch4

EDIT: Actually: https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/history/
Posted By: Naginata Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 04:34 PM
Ok i am still waiting for Patch 4 too smile

i hope for new classes and races and a increased level cap but to be honest i am aware that these will only be dreams

Can you deduce anything from the upload and the process for patch 3, how long it will take until patch 4 is available
Posted By: DiDiDi Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 05:00 PM
Anything other than that they indeed are intensively working on patch 4 would be a pure speculation. smile
Posted By: Naginata Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 25/01/21 05:07 PM
That were not the words i wanted to hear wink

Nevertheless we have to stay patient smile
Posted By: Tzelanit Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 01:16 PM
Just checking in on everyone's mental wellness who thought that something was coming three weeks ago.
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 01:40 PM
Oh you guys are really excited~
Posted By: Lunar Dante Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 02:08 PM
Ready for another three weeks waiting !
Posted By: Tarlonniel Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 02:20 PM
OCan you deduce anything from the upload and the process for patch 3, how long it will take until patch 4 is available

From what I remember of patch 3, there were updates on a more-or-less daily basis, followed by a long stretch of no activity, followed by an announcement, followed - a week later - by the actual patch.

So... March?
Posted By: Naginata Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 02:35 PM
OCan you deduce anything from the upload and the process for patch 3, how long it will take until patch 4 is available

From what I remember of patch 3, there were updates on a more-or-less daily basis, followed by a long stretch of no activity, followed by an announcement, followed - a week later - by the actual patch.

So... March?

I'm starting to fear that you might be right
Posted By: DiDiDi Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 03:47 PM
OK, my speculation: OS X depots being changed now should probably mean finishing touches, as generally the pattern (as per history https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/history/ ) so far has been lots of updates to Windows depots with OS X depots coming very close before release (of either a patch or a hotfix).

That being said, I really should find something more useful to procrastinate on... smile
Posted By: Bufotenina Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 04:41 PM
I hate you all. Now I am the one procrastinating trying to understand what depots and all the stuff in those directories mean. :PRRRRR
Posted By: Lunar Dante Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 04:56 PM
summer2020_loca 8 minutes ago !
Posted By: Tuco Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 05:57 PM

So... March?
Let's set things straight here: there's no a consistent pattern to rely on.
Any day could be the good one but at the same time no amount of branch updates on SteamDB should EVER be considered conclusive proof that a patch is imminent.
The only discriminating factor is how Larian will feel about the state of what they uploaded.
Posted By: Lunar Dante Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tuco

So... March?
Any day could be the good one but at the same time no amount of branch updates on SteamDB should EVER be considered conclusive proof that a patch is imminent.
The only discriminating factor is how Larian will feel about the state of what they uploaded.

Not that sure.
Summer2020_loca update was reported 30 November, patch 3 public 2 December. So it might be a good indicator.
Only future will tell.
Posted By: DiDiDi Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tuco
I don't think anyone here considers steamdb history to be any kind of proof of anything. It IS all speculation. smile
Posted By: Tuco Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 06:33 PM
[quote=Tuco]
I don't think anyone here considers steamdb history to be any kind of proof of anything. It IS all speculation. smile
Well, I was clearly addressing someone who was speculating on the assumption of a fixed pattern.
That's precisely where my objection focuses: anyone looking for consistency in these releases is probably bound to disappointment. Every single patch will most likely be a story on its own.

Chances are not even Larian knows exactly when the patch is going to release up until the point where it turns out to be stable enough to... well, release it.
Posted By: Lunar Dante Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 06:43 PM
You know, sometimes people are happy to speculate. And we are many speculators here.
"Chances are..." (your words) is also speculation btw ^^
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 06:51 PM
if you monitor this page, you will see that there is lots of activities going on. Look at "Last Record Update" and hit refresh from time to time, if that help some people excitement :
https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/?branch=patch4
Posted By: Tuco Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 07:05 PM
And now we are going in loop.
Posted By: Lunar Dante Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 26/01/21 07:12 PM
[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]
Posted By: Tarlonniel Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 29/01/21 12:50 AM
They're watching us.

Also, nature is now working against us. I blame all those folks who sided against the druids.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 11:00 AM
They're watching us.

Also, nature is now working against us. I blame all those folks who sided against the druids.
A. I do not have Twitter account and will not create such. If you think I am retard due to that I am pretty sure I use some kind of service you do not use there are so many platforms nowadays including also Chinese like Tik Tok. Yes I like Belly Delphine though I have never bought any of her products. Tik Tok is banned in USA? I live in Europe and for example prostitution is legal in my country!
B. Yes I can passively read what is there since you linked.

Who is against Nature and Druids?
Yes Druids are not yet in the game as playable class for players to choose, but I am pretty sure they will be included in the full game at release that would make sense and they are in Players Handbook DD5th edition.

Do I have any information about what patch 4 will include? No absolutely nothing.
Do I know when is BG3 full release? No I do not know, but my best guess would be like between October 2021-Mars 2022 though that is also a guess.
Posted By: Bufotenina Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 01:09 PM
A. No one asked anyone to create a twitter account. Here what the tweets say:

1)"Adventurers, we see you lurking Steam Database every day 👀 Our team is working away on Patch 4 at the moment and we'll have more news for you soon. For now, some trivia! Was there another flood at one of Larian’s offices last week?"

2) "If you voted yes, you’re correct! Last week one of our servers in Gent was given an unexpected shower and drowned. And another flood at Larian HQ can only mean another patch is on the way."

B. Do you understand jokes? Furthermore the "blame" phrase is aimed, as a joke, to the players that allied with the Gobbos against the Druids in the main quest of chapter one, thus now nature is taking its revenge flooding Larian's servers wink
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Bufotenina

1)"Adventurers, we see you lurking Steam Database every day 👀 Our team is working away on Patch 4 at the moment and we'll have more news for you soon. For now, some trivia! Was there another flood at one of Larian’s offices last week?"

2) "If you voted yes, you’re correct! Last week one of our servers in Gent was given an unexpected shower and drowned. And another flood at Larian HQ can only mean another patch is on the way."

B. Do you understand jokes? Furthermore the "blame" phrase is aimed, as a joke, to the players that allied with the Gobbos against the Druids in the main quest of chapter one, thus now nature is taking its revenge flooding Larian's servers wink

I did not participate in Goblin side. The only Goblin PRO thing I actually did I made free that one captured Goblin in Thiefling place near the Druids. Fine a joke it is.
Oh and what did I do to the Goblins?

I eliminated everyone in the Goblin fortress (after killing all Goblin leaders and the Drow woman and found tracks that Halsin had escaped). I killed every Goblin outside of Temple in that fortress area. Extermination. This without a single load killed all Goblin leaders and courtyard battle. I did become level 4 after killing all Goblin leaders before the courtyard battle.
Posted By: Bufotenina Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Terminator2020

I did not participate in Goblin side. The only Goblin PRO thing I actually did I made free that one captured Goblin in Thiefling place near the Druids. Fine a joke it is.
Oh and what did I do to the Goblins?

I eliminated everyone in the Goblin fortress (after killing all Goblin leaders and the Drow woman and found tracks that Halsin had escaped). I killed every Goblin outside of Temple in that fortress area. Extermination. This without a single load killed all Goblin leaders and courtyard battle. I did become level 4 after killing all Goblin leaders before the courtyard battle.

Again you show limits on understanding a text, and contestualizing, and being dettached from a phrase.

I have sometime so let me enjoy a bit:

1) The phrase in question takes a real fact (a fllod in Gent that affected Larian studios too);

2) The poster "blames" [note the quotes, just to underline and higlight the fact that neither I nor the original author of the line are really blaming anyone] the fact that some player decided to choose the "evil route" that the game let the gamers take, that is some player decided they wanted to help the Goblins against the Druids and Thieflings.

3) The fact that this choice involve going, in the game, against the defenders of the nature the punch line, wich irony and jokeful nature is obvious, is that nature took revenge, but due to the fact that an action in a game can not have repercussions in real weather patterns, there's a contradiction that is what the joke is based upon (indeed I am pretty sure most readers, sneered, smiled, laughed at the line).

4) The post was generic, it doesn't target anyone.

So what about stop feeding in feelings, stop thinking so that what a post really means is clear?

Why in the higher heavens should the author of the discussed post aim to blame some one, what would be the reasons to attack you specifically? It was just an irony jokeful post.
Posted By: dwig Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 05:01 PM
4) The post was generic, it doesn't target anyone.

So what about stop feeding in feelings, stop thinking so that what a post really means is clear?

This is the internet. That's not how things are done here.
Posted By: Tarlonniel Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 07:00 PM
My poor joke. Its funeral will be held tomorrow afternoon in Ghent, Belgium. I hope it doesn't rain.
Posted By: dwig Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 07:20 PM
My poor joke. Its funeral will be held tomorrow afternoon in Ghent, Belgium. I hope it doesn't rain.

I thought it was funny.
Posted By: marajango Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 07:26 PM
I will forever remember it as the best joke that I have ever read on this thread.
R.I.P.
Posted By: KillerRabbit Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 07:29 PM

I liked it and I'm sorry to see it go. Which is why I am pressing F to pay my respects.
Posted By: Zentu Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 31/01/21 10:35 PM
I was actually thought it was very funny, just some people duck when they see a joke incoming...
Posted By: Sozz Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 01/02/21 02:25 AM
Why a duck?
Posted By: DuskHorseman Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 01/02/21 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Sozz
Why a duck?
Because they are the best animal.
Posted By: Terminator2020 Re: Patch 4 updated on Steam - 01/02/21 02:35 PM
Why in the higher heavens should the author of the discussed post aim to blame some one, what would be the reasons to attack you specifically? It was just an irony jokeful post.
Can you read? I did say it is "Fine a joke it is". Stop think I hate BG3? I like BG3.
You think I am angry for some joke? No I am not angry smile.

That said IF I am an angry Duck then you should be perhaps afraid wink. You can write:
Bingo Players ft. Far East Movement - Get Up (Rattle) (Official Video)
on youtube to see angry Ducks.
© Larian Studios forums