Larian Studios
Posted By: ExusNeaDragon Change Race or Class mid game - 26/01/21 07:58 PM
I realize why this may be a dump point considering how the who point is experience the game with your starting class and race and start over if you want a change but I personally would like a way to completely change my race mid-game for reasons like race exclusive skills if they are added, or when illusions don't work as I love the idea of completely changing appearance and race mid adventure to roleplay as a completely different person or secret identity. So I would like a spell-like that to be added and I would also appreciate it if it worked on other characters too ether as a punishment or help them escape from something like discrimination or not liking what they were born as. I think it would be a useful and fun utility to play with and I hope some feature like it is added.
Posted By: Umsche Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 26/01/21 08:29 PM
Such a spell exists in dnd :
https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/True%20Polymorph#content

It's a lvl 9 spell, so unless the game brings us to lvl 17, it's notre going to happen.
Posted By: Ayvah Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 26/01/21 08:46 PM
I don't want this. It defeats the purpose of roleplaying if you can just reroll your character halfway through the game.

That said, I would like being able to redo the class build in case I've screwed that up.
Posted By: Lunar Dante Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 26/01/21 08:49 PM
Like with Tasha's
Posted By: OneManArmy Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 26/01/21 08:51 PM
Change race to Mind Flayer late game
Posted By: Ayvah Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 26/01/21 09:05 PM
I'll also point out that in Pathfinder: Kingmaker I used a cheat to change the class of some of my companions because I liked certain companions and wanted them in my party even though they didn't have an appropriate class or because their class build was crap.
Posted By: fylimar Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 26/01/21 09:21 PM
A respect would be nice. I started a few characters new already, because I decided, that I want to try out other things with a class.
Posted By: Etruscan Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 26/01/21 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Lol. Brilliant.

Back to the OP, I think it's a terrible idea to be able to change your race/class midway through a game but each to their own. There are already 'race exclusive skills' when you create a character. Respeccing stats I can sort of understand but feels like something that only powergamers would really care for. Pretty sure you'll be able to find the best class builds on the interwebs in good time to work out the strongest skill choices for your class.
Posted By: ExusNeaDragon Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 27/01/21 12:17 AM
If thats the only spell and its late game they need to include changeling
Posted By: Choosen of KEK Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 27/01/21 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That actually sounds quite nice. Learn those spells that shield you from the elder brains control and go on a mindflayer rampage across Faerun.
Posted By: Boblawblah Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 27/01/21 12:45 AM
If mods are allowed, then I'm sure they'll have all that kind of stuff.
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 27/01/21 01:06 AM
I'm open to changing appearance and respec stats. Similar to what we got in Divinity 2.

There's so many route divergences already, I'm okay being locked to a race & class on a playthrough.
Posted By: Niara Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 27/01/21 01:37 AM
I'd really love if we had a respec mirror type option that was available purely for EA testing purposes and was removed from the game when it release... because seriously, the amount of time I've had to burn pointlessly on bringing up multiple different save files to test things with different types of characters and make comparisons is astronomical.
Posted By: fallenj Re: Change Race or Class mid game - 29/01/21 01:13 AM
There will more than likely be a mod for this.
© Larian Studios forums