Larian Studios
Posted By: LTowey Astarion’s Voice - 01/03/21 08:38 AM
Am I crazy, or were Astarion’s lines re-recorded? They sound different to me - like maybe it’s a different actor or the intonation is different?
Posted By: Dez Re: Astarion’s Voice - 01/03/21 10:13 AM
Hmm... I am not 100% sure, but I believe he sounded the same now when I started my new playthrough as last time...
Posted By: Some_Twerp753 Re: Astarion’s Voice - 01/03/21 01:52 PM
There are some outright new lines for all of the characters I believe, and some are in existing conversations. For example, I was pleasently surprised to discover a barb aimed at you if you're a druid and tell Asterion not to chomp anything you can have a conversation with. Gale's also got some new lines too, specifically when he's explaining he needs to succ magic items but not explaining why.
Posted By: BeeBee Re: Astarion’s Voice - 01/03/21 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by LTowey
Am I crazy, or were Astarion’s lines re-recorded? They sound different to me - like maybe it’s a different actor or the intonation is different?

You are not crazy, I noticed that too. However, I don't think that they needed to re-record -- usually voice actors do a handful of passes at each line, and these can also be tweaked in sound prod to the director's heart's content. Maybe they went back to the archive and picked a different take?

Personally I would take a Terabyte's worth of Neil Newbon just saying "Hello, lover." in Astarion's voice, that's my dream ASMR.
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: Astarion’s Voice - 01/03/21 03:31 PM
The new lines have been a pleasant surprise.
Posted By: GreatWarrioX Re: Astarion’s Voice - 05/01/22 04:19 AM
I watched some BG3 sex stuff, his voices is quite creepy. Vampire stuff definitely.
Posted By: Lyelle Re: Astarion’s Voice - 13/01/22 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by BeeBee
Personally I would take a Terabyte's worth of Neil Newbon just saying "Hello, lover." in Astarion's voice, that's my dream ASMR.

Very understandable wink

And I love my character`s reaction when Astarion says that, she's got a big smile on her face and looks quite smitten with him. It's very cute and funny, especially when I play as a high-charisma character who would usually be the one to charm others. I`m very curious where this romance will lead, especially when you are playing a "good" character.

Personally, I think that Neil Newbon's acting/voice acting for Astarion is perfect; to me, it's some of the best voice acting I’ve heard so far. He really brings Astarion to life as a very complex, nuanced character.
And the voice acting for all our companions, and all the NPCs, is really good.

Back to the topic:
In my current playthrough, I have not noticed any changes in Astarion's lines, but I have not reached Grymforge yet. I am very excited about the new content.
Posted By: ALexws Re: Astarion’s Voice - 13/01/22 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lyelle
Originally Posted by BeeBee

Very understandable wink

And I love my character`s reaction when Astarion says that, she's got a big smile on her face and looks quite smitten with him. It's very cute and funny, especially when I play as a high-charisma character who would usually be the one to charm others. I`m very curious where this romance will lead, especially when you are playing a "good" character.

Personally, I think that Neil Newbon's acting/voice acting for Astarion is perfect; to me, it's some of the best voice acting I’ve heard so far. He really brings Astarion to life as a very complex, nuanced character.
And the voice acting for all our companions, and all the NPCs, is really good.

Back to the topic:
In my current playthrough, I have not noticed any changes in Astarion's lines, but I have not reached Grymforge yet. I am very excited about the new content.
speaking of other characters voice acting, it kinda surprises me when I found out who's Gale's actor. He literally just sounds (and looks) like Gale. [video:youtube]
[/video]
Posted By: Sozz Re: Astarion’s Voice - 13/01/22 11:25 PM
It's the funniest thing, I can't hear that clip.
Posted By: Lyelle Re: Astarion’s Voice - 14/01/22 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by ALexws
speaking of other characters voice acting, it kinda surprises me when I found out who's Gale's actor. He literally just sounds (and looks) like Gale.

Gale, what are you doing in London? laugh

The voice acting cast for Baldur's Gate 3 - of course including the narrator, sorry I forgot to mention her in my previous reply - is just perfect. To me, it adds so much to a game when you have good voice acting. Bad voice acting is the most immersion breaking thing to me.
© Larian Studios forums