Larian Studios
Posted By: Thapelo Speech combat cheese - 12/03/21 05:55 AM
Was wondering if its intentional that you can kill an enemy NPC while it is in conversation with another one of your characters. And i'm not referring to just one hit killing them but you can keep shooting or striking them over and over till they die. I think they should be invulnerable while in conversation and if they get hit again or threatened by another character they should go into combat and break the conversation
Posted By: fallenj Re: Speech combat cheese - 12/03/21 06:14 AM
Probably a over looked bug, its EA.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Speech combat cheese - 12/03/21 07:02 AM
Swen said that we will be able to attack someone that is talking with another companion so yes it is intended.

What is not, I guess, is that the attacked character don't stop the conversation to attack.
Posted By: Niara Re: Speech combat cheese - 12/03/21 09:57 AM
Swen thinks it's fun and funny to break the game by exploiting it and cheating in stupid ways. Expect this to remain.
Posted By: Topgoon Re: Speech combat cheese - 12/03/21 03:55 PM
It's clearly a homage to BG1/2 since those games had a very similar cheese/bug laugh
Posted By: Mythago Re: Speech combat cheese - 12/03/21 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Topgoon
It's clearly a homage to BG1/2 since those games had a very similar cheese/bug laugh

Hah! I was going to say the exact same thing smile Honestly, I think it’s just a bug, but pretty funny as the original games had a dialogue exploit as well.
© Larian Studios forums