Larian Studios
Posted By: DragonSnooz What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 07:34 PM
Just as the title says, what do you hope to see in Patch 5? Whether that be changes or new content.

For me it's a few things:
  • I would love to see advantage & disadvantage come with more of a premium. Whether backstab gets locked to melee dex weapons or the rogue class. Or all the issues with verticality get sorted out.
  • I would like to see a better GUI for inventory and trading. Ideally a shared inventory with shared encumbrance.
  • True Reactions and better implementation of 5e's ruleset.
  • Hopefully there are solutions to managing the party (group/ungroup all, please)!
  • Dragonborn.
  • Sorcerer or Paladin.
  • New robes for Tav and friends.
  • Level 5 grin
Posted By: Seraphael Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 08:14 PM
  • Larian cheese scaled further back (and D&D replace it).
  • Actual balanced rest mechanics, day/night cycle.
  • Dice roll character generator.
  • Difficulty levels (more accurate feedback).
Posted By: Scribe Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
Just as the title says, what do you hope to see in Patch 5? Whether that be changes or new content.

For me it's a few things:
  • I would love to see advantage & disadvantage come with more of a premium. Whether backstab gets locked to melee dex weapons or the rogue class. Or all the issues with verticality get sorted out.
  • I would like to see a better GUI for inventory and trading. Ideally a shared inventory with shard encumbrance.
  • True Reactions and better implementation of 5e's ruleset.
  • Hopefully there are solutions to managing the party (group/ungroup all, please)!
  • Dragonborn.
  • Sorcerer or Paladin.
  • New robes for Tav and friends.
  • Level 5 grin

I would actually load the game again for this.
Posted By: agouzov Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 08:37 PM
I'd like an optional "Core D&D Rules" mode/difficulty level:
  • Disengage, Shove, Hide cost an Action (except for rogues)
  • Attacking from the back doesn't grant Advantage
  • Elevation doesn't grant Advantage/Disadvantage
  • Cannot dip weapons into fire for extra damage
  • Cannot eat food items during combat.
  • Cannot pick up overly large items like chests or barrels (though you can still move them around)
Posted By: 1varangian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 08:53 PM
D&D RAW difficulty (that removes 90% of the homebrew - I actually like Wizards being able to learn all cantrips so keep that please)

A meaningful resting system with local resting spots.

UI rework.

Clothing and armor models. Starting equipment choices.

Level 5.
Posted By: grysqrl Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 08:55 PM
"Core D&D Rules" doesn't make sense as a difficulty level. It's about having a coherent system of rules. The current state of the game is taking two different systems and mashing them together in a way that makes the whole game suffer. Asking for rules that make sense as a single system isn't about setting the game difficulty, it's about setting player expectations, creating verisimilitude, and making the game fun. Once you have that, then there should be a variety of difficulty levels.

I want the rules to make sense and work together. That has no bearing on how difficult I want the game to be.
Posted By: agouzov Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by grysqrl
"Core D&D Rules" doesn't make sense as a difficulty level.

I would agree, except "Core D&D Rules" was a difficulty level in the original BG 1 & 2 (one step up from Standard difficulty), so it could make sense to implement it for players who like the challenge of playing D&D RAW.

Also, I'm sure there are players out there who enjoy being able to dip, backstab and throw barrels, and I don't want to take away their fun, even if it kinda spoils the experience for me.
Posted By: grysqrl Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 09:39 PM
But there, the things that were not "core rules" were essentially minor tweaks to numbers to change the difficulty. Not entirely different rule sets that change the way the game works.
Posted By: agouzov Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by grysqrl
But there, the things that were not "core rules" were essentially minor tweaks to numbers to change the difficulty. Not entirely different rule sets that change the way the game works.

Exactly. That's why a "Core D&D Rules" difficulty level in BG3 could make fans of RAW D&D really happy.
Posted By: grysqrl Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 09:53 PM
I'm just saying "difficulty level" isn't an appropriate label for what you're describing in your first post in this thread. Those aren't tweaks to numbers - they're major rules changes.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 09:53 PM
I really hope they'll start to improve combats :

- no more backstab but flanking
- no more advantage/disadvantage for highground but a flat bonus
- disengaged untied to jump
- disengage as an action
- jump as movement
- no more food during combats
- 1 more party size slot
- proper reactions

Something else I'd really like is a D/N cycle.
Posted By: ArcanaJayne Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 09:55 PM
Let's see...

-More faces
-More armor/robe choices
-Paladins
-An easier stuff selection for selling. (Check boxes, rather than adding one at a time to wares.)
-Fix the bug where I can accidentally destroy the landscape by walking near it
-Broader, more interesting weapon selection for clerics
-More romance interactions and dialogue
-Level 5
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 09:55 PM
This thread has the intention of being about what each of us want to see in Patch 5, there doesn't need to be a debate about our personal preferences xD

I've enjoyed reading everyone's wish list so far.
Posted By: Merlex Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
I really hope they'll start to improve combats :

- no more backstab but flanking
- no more advantage/disadvantage for highground but a flat bonus
- disengaged untied to jump
- disengage as an action
- jump as movement
- 1 more party size slot
- proper reactions

Something else I'd really like is a D/N cycle.

I agree with everything above, but I'll expand a little.

- A revamped Reaction System
- Spells: Shield, Absorb Elements, Feather Fall (changed to it's proper Reaction type spell), Spiritual Weapon, Summon Beast
- Paladin class with Oath of Devotion and Oath of Vengeance subclasses at minimum; Oath of Ancients, Oath of Conquest, and Oath Breaker considered
- Smites properly executed
- Aasimar (pipe dream I know)
Posted By: Icelyn Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 10:46 PM
Here's my list:
  • Make Halsin a companion!!!
  • Fix bug where companion scenes don't trigger during long rest (Gale's weave scene, etc.)
  • Fix bug where npcs start automatically talking to a companion rather than the pc if the companion is closer
  • Fix bug where a druid pc becomes encumbered while in cat or bird form when not encumbered before
  • More high elf and wood elf dialogue options
  • Add applicable noncombat spells to dialogue
  • Add transmog for armor and weapons
  • More companion content
  • Level 5
  • SWTOR-style conversations for co-op
Posted By: Circly Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 30/03/21 11:06 PM
The most important things for me that I would like to see with patch 5 or in any case at the release of the game are related to the feeling of immersion and the impression of being able to abuse the D&D universe because of Larian's house rules :

- A meaningful resting system with local resting spots
- D&D RAW difficulty / Core D&D Rules
- Day-night cycle

(The first 2 points are taken from 1varangian and agouzov who has already expressed them perfectly)
Posted By: Tarlonniel Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 02:09 AM
* A new race or class
* Fix the bugs with the hag quest
* Fix the bugs with Gale's companion convos
* Add three new convos with Astarion (they're basically in the game already, just need to throw the switch)

I'd be pretty happy with any of those things.
Posted By: Tabuk Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 02:45 AM
I would like to have them stop patching EA. Get the game out already. There is no game (like this) close to as good as this one, this is a diamond in the rough in its current state. No need for every D & D class and race no need to tweak or nit pick things that don't really impact anything.

Your not going to make everyone happy, you change the UI half the people will like the change the other half not. Stop already.

Vague critics like "balance combat" or "fix the UI" are meaningless, those things are a matter of taste and subjective to the player's opinions and likes. Your not going to please everyone on every single aspect so they should not try. Stop already.

I have played 50 hours and have noticed no combat balance issues or had any issues with the UI. Stop it.

Finally a company is doing a D and D game right with stunning graphics and in-depth story. Lets help add to that and not be critical to ridiculous unimportant nuisances.
Posted By: Imryll Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 02:58 AM
*A new charisma class, preferably paladin, since Lae'zel is currently the only companion with strength more than 10.
*Make Halsin a companion
*Unless it's something highly confidential, treat the reading of owned books like examining rather than as stealing--so long as you don't pick them up.
*Tone down the "who are you" voice at the beginning of character creation--maybe use the Narrator's voice?
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 08:08 AM
At this point, pretty much core improvements above any addition. A better control scheme, a better UI, game mechanics that don't make throw up even a sick dog, etc.
Not that I wouldn't like additions, too. But having an UI and core mechanics that are fundamentally broken make harder to enjoy new content to begin with.

Also, for people to stop asking to make any vaguely fuckable character "a companion" for no sensible reason.
Posted By: Mat22 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 11:38 AM
My list of expectations is kind of a mix of things already said by others but i detail it here nevertheless:

- flanking instead of backstab
- instead of advantage/disadvantage for highground, a flat bonus
- disengaged untied to jump, make it a separate action
- jump as movement, no micromanaging
- reactions with pop-up to increase player involvement in combat
- overhauled resting system to make resource management a meaningful aspect of gameplay
- fixing that wizard can learn any spell
- improvements/overhaul how to manage actions (hide, move) by characters/party

I will be already happy even if the above are not added as default but as optional
Posted By: fallenj Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 12:03 PM
Don't really have any hope anymore, I'm guessing bug fixes and polish. Maybe they'll turn everyone's hair blonde/gold when you do super jump. Sven will probably dress up and they'll do a skit just to reveal another class that's been in every stupid d&d game like its a big deal.
Originally Posted by Mat22
My list of expectations is kind of a mix of things already said by others but i detail it here nevertheless:

- flanking instead of backstab
- instead of advantage/disadvantage for highground, a flat bonus
- disengaged untied to jump, make it a separate action
- jump as movement, no micromanaging
- reactions with pop-up to increase player involvement in combat
- overhauled resting system to make resource management a meaningful aspect of gameplay
- fixing that wizard can learn any spell
- improvements/overhaul how to manage actions (hide, move) by characters/party

I will be already happy even if the above are not added as default but as optional

Man, if those changes would happen, I think I would pee myself from sheer joy. I am not even sure I am exaggerating. o_o
Posted By: Nyloth Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 01:50 PM
- I want a Bard
- I want a new companion
- A new model of dialogues, outside of the camp or know when I need go to the camp, maybe without rest, just visit 'camp location'
- I want more dialogs, but with current system, it will be difficult to see them.

Also
Originally Posted by Tuco
Also, for people to stop asking to make any vaguely fuckable character "a companion" for no sensible reason.

If they like someone, that's a good reason. You're salty as ever.
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Nyloth
If they like someone, that's a good reason.
If the character already has a role in the story which is NOT one of a "companion", then there's no "good reason" to ask to make it one, if not the usual misunderstanding that this is supposed to be some sort of dating sim.
Posted By: mrfuji3 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 02:41 PM
Significant new content and/or changed mechanics.

At least 2 of the following 5 are required for me to download and play BG3 again:
-new class
-new companion
-new area/quest (e.g., Moonrise Towers or even a mid-level sidequest added to the areas we already have)
-big mechanic changes (e.g., any of: level 5, updated resting system, height or backstab change, fixing mage hand/flaming sphere/etc to be not summons, UI improvement, pop-up reactions, day/night cycle, bigger party size, etc)
-backstory quests (like DAO)
Posted By: 1varangian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 03:05 PM
Even though dusk and dawn would be amazingly immersive, I would settle for a toggle type day / night change.

And I'm not expecting NPC's to all act differently after nightfall. I'd rather have night time where NPC's "stay up really late" or just mysteriously disappear into their homes or wherever, than no night time at all. The atmosphere is that important. It feels completely off having to do sneaky thievery stuff in broad daylight. Mechanically darkness should also grant stealth advantage.
Posted By: Boblawblah Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 03:45 PM
this is supposed to be some sort of dating sim.

I think you overestimate the BG3 fandom smile Have you seen the subreddit?
Posted By: hypostase Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 04:13 PM
Mostly I'd like a focus on mechanics and UI.

Pathing - in some iterations it's been better than others, but some of the non controlled character suicide jumps (or Astarion's fondness for water in the Underdark) as well as attack search need work. OK - that is a hard problem.

UI More stacking of spells would help would help, maybe in spell books on the bar. Within the stacks where you cast and make a choice improved consistency e.g. put hex's attributes in the same order, likewise with the summon familiar choices. It would also be nice to be able to select the option (when you have one) after selecting the target.

Pathing, it is quite tricky to get right.

Difficulty options: Not so much because I want to see difficulty levels per se, more as an opportunity to play with target/NPC/monster AI. Some fights seem unexpectedly easy, some harder than the rest, some are really easy for some strategies, and much harder for others. Clearly there have been AI tweaks with the various patches, but it might be nice to retry some battles with different AI strategies, to get a better consensus on where the levels should be. There are a lot of different opinions on what is right, maybe being able to choose some of that could help refine options/choices. I know I've died horribly when not paying attention, and then just sailed through a moment later. Still trying to figure the right balance to deal with the patrol, though. I mean, when not being a Druid. smile

Economy differences could also be varied. 20% 50% 80% 100% 150% of the money/drops/potions so that people who are finding too much or too little reward can adjust to their taste. I strip corpses and sell stuff to the Druids, and last run I think I had 10k gold going into the Underdark. I could just not do that, of course, and I usually don't to that extent, I was just wanting to see what a difference buying things made. I expect that in the final product there may not be such an overabundance of magical items for at least some difficulties. If that is the case it might be nice to experiment a bit early. Maybe Arron needs to point out that he just can't shift that much junk. Or lower the buying price when he has 300 goblin scimitars already.

Story consistency. If there is enough data to see the story-lines less followed it would be nice to change some of the dialogue. I've just killed Gale before recruiting him, but I don't really expect that to cause changes other than to not use his roadside cliffs portal. Last run I refused to give him any promises before agreeing to his diet, so he never told me about it, but did demand an item to eat as if he had. I also avoided Lae'zel but she turned up at the Patrol, with some dialogue I'd not previously heard, but there was also the option to ask her about leaving her in the cage, but Tav had never seen the cage or had that conversation.

I'm not sure that I do want more content, particularly. Sure some of what is there is getting repetitive, but I'd rather see a focus on mechanics and balancing, and introduction of new shinies more in line with that. If I can deal with Ethel / the Gith Patrol / Zents with room to play with different strategies that would be great. (the wormy Gnoll options were delightful, when they were introduced)

I'm kind of hoping some classes with different story interactions will be left for final release so that I've something new to look forward to for that. There is a part of me that would like an alternative cure, such as the creche, but I'm kinda expecting that all roads lead to Moonrise Towers so I'm not really sure what that would give us. Sure some chop and change to encourage different strategies in the meanwhile is probably good though.
Level 5 and a good aligned companion. Getting a bit tired of the disapproval spam. laugh
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by ash elemental
Level 5 and a good aligned companion. Getting a bit tired of the disapproval spam. laugh
Ooh! I would love to see the good aligned characters.
Posted By: jfutral Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 31/03/21 10:22 PM
The whole game. I can't find the motivation to keep with the EA. I feel like Groundhog Day.

Joe
Posted By: Imryll Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 12:43 AM
If the character already has a role in the story which is NOT one of a "companion", then there's no "good reason" to ask to make it one, if not the usual misunderstanding that this is supposed to be some sort of dating sim.

Sarevok ... Loghain ... The role of a character in a story can change for a variety of reasons, assuming the storyteller to be reasonably imaginative. That you can think of only one reason to request such a change is a statement about you, which says nothing about any other poster or the impacts, positive or negative, of making a particular character a full companion. Halsin contrasts strongly with the self-centered, patron-reliant males currently available to join the party. Whether he would be romanceable or play a more Keldorn-like role in the group, I'd welcome his company on the road.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 02:18 AM
My biggest desires:

* More companions, preferably Non-Origin. Testing out the system.

* A proper reaction system, doesn't have to be perfect, again to test the system.

* FIXING FIND FAMILIAR! Find Familiar needs its riders, Chain Lock needs its invocations, Familiars shouldn't be able to attack on their turns like that, Chainlocks should be using their action unless they have the Tasha invocation and then there should just be a bonus action familiar attack added to hotbar. I do think they should keep the special things added like Spider's web or Cat's Meow cause overall I think they actually add something not overpowered and in line with RP/Creativity uses of Familiars.

* Fix mage hand and other spells that have concentration when they should not. Also remove the "summon limit" causing mage hand and find familiar to interact.

* Level 5 and larger party size to 6 members.

* One or Two new classes (Sorceror/Paladin. They have a lot of things related to reactions or choosing to activate things in the middle of an action or event.)

* Experimenting with unique backstory/custom character features perhaps. Our companions mostly have something unique to them (Vampirism, Netherese Magick Sucking, Sending Stone With Story Relevant Patron), so maybe being able to pick out something special for ourselves could be cool. Since I am mostly fine with the homebrew adding flavor to characters.

* Some sort of promise of expanded communication. Regular weekly discussion things or directed questions on mechanics such as what is working and what isn't. Please please please just ask us questions.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 02:24 AM

I disagree. And it isn't just "hot" characters (replying also to your previous "fuckable" comment) cause there are unattractive ones that have been requested as well. For example Lump the Enlightened seems like he could be an interesting companion/mercenary due to his situation. And I have been an advocate for a Gobbo companion to be added. Furthermore, almost all requested characters have been ones that make some sense to join the party.

Abdirak doesn't have any particular loyalty to the Absolute and seems to bond with the main character, with some convincing or gold we could possible convince him that his god's will could align with us. Minthara has a whole wellspring of reasons she could be a companion with us. US was already a companion and is a cute brain doggo. And Volo or Alfira are Bards with existing interactions and a possibility to have even more complete arcs if they join the adventuring party. Overall it isn't based on fuckability (Even as some may simp over Halsin or Minthara) but their actual potential as a companion. Cause arguably there are many attractive NPCs in the game, but not many are asking for those characters to join us based on looks alone.
Posted By: Atherion Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 02:48 AM
- PALADINS!!! At least the oaths in the Core PHB
- Bards
- Monks (or Barbarians)
- Eladrin or Aasimar (why not both?)
- Full Plate!!!!
- Customizable Armor tints
- Increase Party size
- truer implementation of 5e ruleset
- proper reactions with spells/abilities
- Increase to Lvl 6 Max Character lvl
- New Content (chapter1 maybe)
- cut scene for weapon bond for Eldritch Knights - one of my favorite flavor features of the EK
Posted By: ArcanaJayne Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by Imryll
Sarevok ... Loghain ... The role of a character in a story can change for a variety of reasons, assuming the storyteller to be reasonably imaginative. That you can think of only one reason to request such a change is a statement about you, which says nothing about any other poster or the impacts, positive or negative, of making a particular character a full companion. Halsin contrasts strongly with the self-centered, patron-reliant males currently available to join the party. Whether he would be romanceable or play a more Keldorn-like role in the group, I'd welcome his company on the road.

THIS. THIS. ALL OF THIS.
Posted By: acatlas Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 04:56 AM
I could say what I hope to see but what I would expect to see but it wont happen id target more what I would hope to see

Paladins / Aasimar or Barbarians / Dragonborn
with level 5 added maybe level 6 if lucky being reasonable.
12 or so new items to existing content there is plenty hidden in game files.

and id like to see a a couple dozen items added / improved on in the game. It would be nice to have the other optional paths but I dont expect to see it. It would be nice to have armor dyes / multiclassing but im being reasonable. It would also be nice to have the option to hire mercs and roll stats at the start of the game but I think larian is holding back on that hard.

Mercs would save me having to get 2 other people all the time so I can customize my party and rolling stats would make your main character feel more tuned and balanced a little better in early access vs the enemy characters you'd get to see more of what they could actually do.

Colored Dice choice also would be nice.

Currently what they have finished in the game files at the moment is barbarian class has its abilities added. Only class has this and voice lines currently - so it has the most probability as the next class though not 100% it is what I would expect to see. Gnomes / Drugar are in the game files and have character creation options. Dragonborn and Half-Orcs have voice lines but no models with last patch. They have also been working on larger models but not complete assuming this is the trend I would hope to see and lean towards Dragonborn and Barbarians. As just adding a class or a race would be a bit far back. They need to be showing big editions at the moment every couple of months to show content is progressing towards the full live release target line.

If i was in charge of targetting release patches before the full game release target date for early access my thoughts would be

Patch 5.0 - April
Barbarians / Dragonborn enter the fray (This would give a big showing of what larian can do with larger model characters and what they could do with less human characters).
Level 5 added
3 belts 3 capes added to the game. +1 Shield added, Another unique shield added. 10 additional items added.

Patch 5.5 - May
Ranger Improved / Animal Companions Improved balanced better to existing game showing larians work on the ranger.
Durgar Added as a suprise bonus. Necromancer Subclass added.

Patch 6.0 June
Aasimar Added with Paladin class.
Gnomes added. Illusionist subclass for mage added. Enchanter Subclass for mage added.
10 additional items added to early access.
Level 6 can now be reached with existing classes

Patch 6.5 July
Half Plate, Breast plate added. Colored Dice added.
All items now showing varients of abilities.
Wizards corrected to not being able to cast divine spells.
2 additional Cleric Domains added.

Patch 7.0 August
Bard added with both subclasses.
Champion Fighter and Half - Orcs Added
Full Plate now accessable with +1 varients.

Patch 7.5 September
Pact of the blade / Pact of the tomb added.
Weapon swapping now corrected.
Archfey warlock Subclass added.

Patch 8.0 October
Monk and Sorcerer Added
Remaning Cleric and Wizard Subclass options added.
Githzerai added. Goblins Added.
Additional Paths added to the next area.
Helios and Minsc join the fray.

Patch 8.5 November.
Evil path varient Replacement Companions added. Minthara / Priestess Gut and Hobgoblin guy whos name i cant remember replace, Shadowheart, Wyll and Gale.
Kagha vs helsin joining party.
Anders vs Karlach - Optional Companion quest.
I would not remove Asterion or Lazeal as they seem to be workable with every path currently in chapter 1 as an option. Adding these mini choice would make the choices you make in early access feel more acceptable.

Patch 9.0 December
Rolling stats added. more items added to additional areas. Hexblade / Oathbreaker subclasses added. Mercs added. Multiclassing added.
Level 7-8 added to game.
all tiefling subraces added.

Patch 9.5 January
Levels 9/10 added.
Full chapter additional zones added.
2 additional companion paths added.
2 additional zones added.

Patch 10 Febuary End
Live release. All initial content released.

That would be how I would approch it. Capping at levels 12-16 based on how larion wants to do it.

with april / june being target for first dlc which if it was me id do 12 and then release the first dlc with 13-16 and the artificer class added and warforged. 5 character party. 29.99
DLC 2 would be September 2022 with 17-20 and 6 character partys. 2 additional races again and a bunch more subclasses added. 29.99
March 2023 epic rules epic boons 21-25 added using optional game vairent options from dms binder allowing you to be epic. DLC 3. 29.99

I think having to chose your companions based on going evil route or good route brings some importance into the game. It brings more customization to the game. Also for the companions adding a conclusion to the character that gives them some unique benefit to give you a reason to chose them over a merc gives them some importance. In accessable races unique abilities ect. Asterion getting additional vampire powers. Gale getting some unique spells. Shadowheart could get some unique items, some unique boons for her. Wyll you could get his patron as a companion, Lazeal could get unique gith items and the ability to craft gith items. Minthara gut and hobgoblin dude could get absolute powers progression and maybe additional powers that progress further. You could get your companion from your dreams going the evil route.

Companion Optional Vs Paths
(Wizard) Baeloth Barrityl vs Gale (Wizard)
(Cleric) Minthra vs Wyll (Warlock)
(Sorcerer) Dream Companion vs Shadowheart (Cleric)
(Warlock) Mindflyer Companion vs Lazeal (Fighter)
(Ranger) Gandrel vs Asterion (Rogue)
(Druid) Kagha vs Helsin (Druid)
(Paladin) Anders vs Karlach (Ranger)
(Barbarian) Dror Ragzlin vs Minsc (Barbarian)
(Monk) Human Companion vs Helios (Paladin)
(Rogue) Durgar Companion vs Barcus Wroot (Sorcerer)
(Bard) Goblin Companion vs Alfirna (Bard)
(Fighter) Half-Orc Companion vs Aasimar Companion (Monk)

Minsc and Baeloth are your throw backs to the old balders gate. Easy to make a conflict for all of those work. Shadowheart has a thing against the dreams going with them makes that a perfect subplot. Anders and Karlach are already written into the story as are Asterion and Gandrel as plots. Dror Ragzlin can be written into the chapter 2 part of the quest along with a reason for him and minsc to dislike each other. Baeloth vs Gale could be written in with gale wanting some item he has. Mindflayer vs Lazeal writes itself. Durgar vs Barcus woot is already there. Alfirna vs another bard could be a competition of music maybe some plot the bard was part of her prior life. Kagha changes sides over the grove and the shadow druids which makes for a good story arch. Wyll vs minthra story plot already exists. I attempted to do the plots in a way that make sense for existing characters. Karlach already has a ranger feel to her so story plot works well. You could also change this so it becomes a Dragonborn instead of anders later on as the plot closure as zariels second hunter tracks her down and you get her on the road to the next area and tie it in with a patch or make that paladin an oathbreaker/Tiamet worshiper and tie it into the story. I picked anders initially to kind of balance human companions and the story plot it already there.

I think that those optional you can get companion A or companion B patchs would really expand the story and make making those choices matter have a big impact on the story. With an optional story arch to spare kagha built into the goblin story based on if you chose the evil path vs the good path. But just my thoughts on it. I also think you could work a good reason to cross compaire the companions this way as there are reasons you could work into the story to make those choices matter. And it gives you ways you write this into the story with reasons that those choices would matter as your chosing 1 companion or the other with benefit giving you reasons to be good or evil. I added in some class notes while i do realize it doesnt make 100% match to the game current lore the could be modifications that would line it up. It would also give you all 12 classes as companions and unique options to the storyline.
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 06:34 AM
Sarevok ... Loghain ... The role of a character in a story can change
"The role of a character can change" according to the author's will and "Please change the role of this character to serve my fetish for it" pushed from the user base are two very different things.

Originally Posted by ArcanaJayne
THIS. THIS. ALL OF THIS.
...is convenient, self-serving bullshit.

But why do I bother?
Next, an essay on why getting Minthara would be amazingly important to push the narrative, I guess.

"N-no, there's actually a very DEEP reason for this!".
Sure.
Posted By: Abits Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 08:50 AM
Next, an essay on why getting Minthara would be amazingly important to push the narrative, I guess.

Sure.
It could be amazingly important in pushing the narrative. I highly doubt it, but it could be.
Posted By: gaymer Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 11:03 AM
Lol, for Patch 5 to come out in a timely manner.

Patch 4 took ~90 days from the end of Patch 3 to actually be released. We're on our 9th hotfix release and a 10th is being updated on Steam DB daily.

The actual Patch 5 directory has went as long as 8 days without being updated and another period of 5 days without being updated.

When you do the math of the time pre-Patch 4 and the double-digit hotfixes thereafter, it's going to take 5+ months to implement 1 class (Druid) that had a lot of elements already in the game and files and the adaption of some of the mechanics were STILL wrong.

And we're still missing 5 more classes, numerous subclasses, numerous races, numerous spells, multi-classing, and no one has tested beyond level 4.

It's already been over 30 days since Patch 4, so let's see if Larian can deliver an update before the end of April. Doubt it.
Posted By: MrSam Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 11:09 AM
All the classes are ready, they just won't give them to early access because it's just a demo for you to try.
Posted By: ArcanaJayne Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 03:40 PM
Sarevok ... Loghain ... The role of a character in a story can change
"The role of a character can change" according to the author's will and "Please change the role of this character to serve my fetish for it" pushed from the user base are two very different things.

Originally Posted by ArcanaJayne
THIS. THIS. ALL OF THIS.
...is convenient, self-serving bullshit.

But why do I bother?

Sure.

Settle down. It's a wishlist, not a commandment from on high. How is wishing for expanded narrative in a narrative-driven game "convenient, self-serving bullshit?" Oh no! Some people actually enjoy ROLE playing in role playing games? The horror!

And as none of us really knows just how the story is going to proceed, you don't know if those wished for changes could be important to the narrative or not. Or, should some of them appear later, if they were already in the works for reasons other than lists like this. You're free to like your games a certain way, but so is everyone else.
Posted By: smd1967 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 09:24 PM
New classes: Sorcerer, Paladin, Bard, Monk
Multi/dual class
New races: Moon elf, Aasimar, Half Orc, Githzerai
Level 5
Balanced fights (most likely once get level 5)
Night and Day
Plate armor
More equipment options based on race/class
More duologue options based on race/class
Diety options for non-clerics
Other diety options for druid based on race
Alignment
More companion dialogue options (which is most likely to be as game progresses)
Fix Gale's romance do don't need to micromanage
Posted By: Saito Hikari Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 01/04/21 10:04 PM
I don't expect much in the way of changes to mechanics that some of us would consider problematic, so I'll just limit this to actual new content for the sake of space.

- Additional feats
- Barbarian or Bard (since Larian may not have figured out what to do with reactions and metamagic yet, so I don't expect Monk/Paladin/Sorcerer until way later)
- At least one new companion, preferably the Druid. Their interactions and immediate story relevance would probably make them major enough for them to be the centerpiece of a patch by themselves, and would require a fair amount of testing. I have zero interest in rolling a Druid MC, but would be highly interested in a companion Druid.
Posted By: Zenith Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 02/04/21 01:16 AM
I hope they give the option to pick the Persuasion proficiency for all classes, or spread Persuasion across more Origins, because right now only Noble gives it and having to play a Noble druid feels so stupid when I'd rather have Acolyte, Hermit, Outlander, or Sage which fits so much more the class.

Persuasion is too good a proficiency to pass up.
Posted By: rdb100 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 02/04/21 06:00 AM
In my personal opinion:

I would fix the classes that they have, add more subclasses, and more features to character mechanics with skills and dialogue choices.

- Fix the Ranger. There's several problems with the Hunter's Prey Forms and the companions don't level and are extremely unbalanced. I love the spider but it has more HP than the bear and the raven really needs more HP and/or 2 attacks per round. Maybe they're supposed to level but mine doesn't. It's a Beastmaster so having a good pet is kind of their thing. Leveling them shouldn't be an issue, or for the Warlock.
- Fix the Arcane Trickster's Mage Hand so it's actually invisible and can pickpocket/manipulate objects.
- Fix the other existing subclasses. Eldritch Knight, for example, can't learn spells and doesn't have Weapon Bond.
- Add the Assassin subclass and maybe Swashbuckler.
- Add the Hexblade subclass and maybe another.
- Add another race or more subraces.
- Add Disguise Kits to the game and additional dialogue for it and the spell.
- Add spell options to dialogues instead of requiring a cast of it first. Have Detect Thoughts and the like be additional dialogue options, and maybe even skills as options.
- Add more deity selection. Not just for clerics: the Drow subclasses are specifically related to their deities.

I think just polishing the EA would be the best option in case there are some glaring mechanics issues later on, races/subraces and classes/subclasses are screwed up or their abilities don't work, etc. I would love to see the rest of the game but it's already difficult to play with how many bugs there are. I can't progress the storyline after killing the druids and siding with Minthara, for example, because the Goblin army is frozen in place.

I'm also having some issues with running the game. Vulkan works a lot better than DX11 but used to crash quite a bit in the earlier patches. Currently, running in DX11 mode makes loading screens take about 15 minutes. Even reloading a save takes this long. This is on an I7-8550U with a GTX 1050Ti and SSD. I also have experienced several clipping issues in the Grove on Patch 4, and several other similar issues with camera placement and clipping through walls/floors.
Posted By: fylimar Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 02/04/21 06:19 AM
I would love to see the bard class next, my favorite class in D&D.
Aasimar as race would be great.
A little overhaul of the combat system
And last but not least : some more down to earth companions with less drama. Currently I sometimes feel like taking care of a group of toddlers tbh.
Posted By: 1varangian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 02/04/21 12:22 PM
Fix the double surprise rounds, please.

A dual wielding Rogue can get 8 fire dipped / poisoned attacks against a target before they get a turn. It's just completely broken even before adding a Potion of Giant Strength into the mix.

You attack with both weapons >> combat starts >> you get another surprise round for 3 more attacks >> if you win initiative you get a third turn for 3 more attacks.

And the Rogue extra Bonus Action is a mistake. Give them proper Cunning Action and make other classes spend an action to Disengage instead. I don't want to have to mod a D&D game to play like D&D.
What I truly hope for won't happen because I think I have a pretty good understanding of what direction Larian wants to take this game.

That being said, I'd like:

Paladins, warts and all. Considering they are a very popular class, I suspect Larian is trying to figure out how to implement smites, which are kind of like reactions, which is causing the delays. I say bring them out so I can at least know exactly what to expect.

Level 5. Highly doubtful but this is a wish thread.
Posted By: dwig Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 03/04/21 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
What I truly hope for won't happen because I think I have a pretty good understanding of what direction Larian wants to take this game.

Paladins, warts and all. Considering they are a very popular class, I suspect Larian is trying to figure out how to implement smites, which are kind of like reactions, which is causing the delays. I say bring them out so I can at least know exactly what to expect.

I think it would be a mistake to release without testing level 5 first. But who knows whether Larian agrees.
Posted By: fallenj Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 04/04/21 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

I had a convo a while back about reactions and Paladin's Smite. In 3.5 smite was just a ability like sneak attack, which caused confusion in the convo with myself not knowing it got turned into a reaction. If they go forward with current reactions, Larian could go the route of Smite going back to 3.5.
Updated UI.
Did we get even a single change to the UI system since release of EA?

There are plenty of detailed threads on whats to update/change from what we have now. I haven't seen any posts complementing Larians <outstanding> UI design either so...I think its a win win situation here.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 04/04/21 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Updated UI.
Did we get even a single change to the UI system since release of EA?

There are plenty of detailed threads on whats to update/change from what we have now. I haven't seen any posts complementing Larians <outstanding> UI design either so...I think its a win win situation here.

We have gotten some changes I think? Mostly minor though. The UI still needs massive work, and probably more uh menus so the the item use stuff is separate from spells and special/class abilities I think.
Posted By: Boblawblah Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 04/04/21 12:15 PM
Generic friendly companions..ugh, who am i kidding, that's never going to happen lol
Posted By: 1varangian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 04/04/21 01:08 PM
What I actually would like more than a patch right now, would be a gameplay Q&A with a lead dev and maybe Swen. Explaining WHY they chose to implement many of the homebrew rules over a more accurate implementation of 5e and if they consider it eperimental or final in EA. If the overall exploitative nature of gameplay is intentional design or just a first draft of many features.

I'd also like to hear their thoughts on...

- Resting system, including the healing economy and food's part in it. What is the plan for long and short rests? Why are there voice lines saying "we must find a resting place soon" and campfires here and there in the world?
- Shove, backstab, high ground, disengage.. why these are all overpowered compared to 5e?
- The power level of stealth and surprise rounds

Bonus question on the UI.. can we expect a redesign or should we get used to this one?
Posted By: Storm666 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 04/04/21 06:26 PM
A necromancer class/subclass.
Originally Posted by 1varangian
What I actually would like more than a patch right now, would be a gameplay Q&A with a lead dev and maybe Swen. Explaining WHY they chose to implement many of the homebrew rules over a more accurate implementation of 5e and if they consider it eperimental or final in EA. If the overall exploitative nature of gameplay is intentional design or just a first draft of many features.

- Resting system, including the healing economy and food's part in it. What is the plan for long and short rests? Why are there voice lines saying "we must find a resting place soon" and campfires here and there in the world?
- Shove, backstab, high ground, disengage.. why these are all overpowered compared to 5e?

Bonus question on the UI.. can we expect a redesign or should we get used to this one?

Oh hey, I've been thinking about that too!! There *ARE* campfires in various places on the map. Those would be EXCELLENT points for "camp sites for long rest"! I am certainly hoping they go for that approach.
Posted By: 1varangian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 04/04/21 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by andreasrylander

Oh hey, I've been thinking about that too!! There *ARE* campfires in various places on the map. Those would be EXCELLENT points for "camp sites for long rest"! I am certainly hoping they go for that approach.
Or if it was something they already tried internally but decided isn't "fun" and scrapped it, we'd like to know that too.
Posted By: Syrelle Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 06/04/21 06:45 AM
Fix the camera so we can look up. There are also some hellish floor selection issues in dror raglan's area.
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 06/04/21 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Storm666
A necromancer class/subclass.
I'd love to see what dialogue options Larian thinks up for Necromancer.
Posted By: 1varangian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 06/04/21 11:34 AM
They probably don't want to release level 5 until they fix the UI at least.

Imagine a spell screen, where the upcast variant of every single level 1 AND level 2 spell appear with your two actual level 3 spells. Try finding your Fireball in that mess.
Posted By: Lethan Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 06/04/21 03:01 PM
What'd I'd like to see in patch 5?

- All missing races. Minimally the ones already in the files; with others being added in the background if they require additional work.

- All missing classes. We are limited to level 4 without using mods, it should not be that hard to add in the first 4 levels of any currently missing class.

- Act 1B. Currently we have the first parts of act 1, but the maps lean on an entire 2nd half that can be accessed and is still very much the first act.

- Universal heads for all races and gender. Stop this. I should not need to mod to gain access to all heads. I'm picky and it annoys me a head type from 1 type of Elf isn't on the other; especially when you want access to the TAG lines of one.

- Character creation completed. Currently we are not able to select any gear, weapon type or misc equipment we might've been carrying shortly before being yeeted into a pod. This needs changing.

It's my personal opinion that things should/can be added broken as long as they have the warnings attached. Getting the above into the game, buggy or otherwise, makes it easier to fix; you can also get direct feedback from the playerbase in regards to the base form of the addition.
As if larian (aside from moderators) would read this forum. Lol

And even if they did ..... as if they would care the slightest what DnD fans think 🤔
Posted By: Sadurian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 06/04/21 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
As if larian (aside from moderators) would read this forum. Lol

And even if they did ..... as if they would care the slightest what DnD fans think 🤔
You've had ample warning about your unconstructive malcontent postings. The only conclusion is that you have no intention of contributing to debates with anything but whining, and therefore the forums can do without you.
Posted By: Dez Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 06/04/21 07:47 PM
Well, there's a lot of good suggestions here - I hope Larian reads them. c: I have some more reasonable demands, and some less reasonable demand, so I'll make two lists!

More reasonable list:

• Bug fixes regarding camera clipping in conversations (although they are much rarer now than before).
  • Bug fix regarding companions taking the lead in conversations / companions not interacting to conversations the way they should (looking at you, Wyll).
  • A better queue system for conversation when multiple companions want you attention at the same time during camp-time (so that we do not miss out on conversations).
  • To quote Imryll above: "Unless it's something highly confidential, treat the reading of owned books like examining rather than as stealing--so long as you don't pick them up."
  • Another of the confirmed classes would be great - I'd assume they are all gonna be tested at some point before release, and I do not really have a preference regarding order.
  • Bug fix for the book in the tomb... ...
  • More armor options would be great (so we don't have to rob our companions for a new outfit) but that would just be the strawberry on the top.
  • Better balancing among Ranger companions would be great. I wouldn't say no to some options regarding pets (both for rangers and summon familiar) either, but I acknowledge the amount of balancing needed so I'll settle for the ones we have.
  • Another companion would be lovely - preferably a frontliner of some kind.

The less reasonable list:

• Some kind of system that makes us able to select/control Tav's facial expressions.
  • (Unless this is absolutely mandatory for the main storyline) Allow us to be from somewhere else than the default BG.
  • (This is more of a joke than a serious suggestion - for now) please give me the Arcane Archer sub-class. . _ .
  • Could we please have another outfit for Daisy? Pretty please?
Posted By: Dinvan Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 06/04/21 08:28 PM
To be honest, all I wanna see in patch 5 is multiclassing and paladins.......I want my paladin warlock...my padlock lol
  • More dialogue options
  • More roleplaying options
  • More face and hair options
  • An actual "main villain" to be introduced concretely
  • More robes, that don't look like sacks (and more clothing options in general)
  • variety in weapon appearance
  • UI improved for usability
  • inventory and buy/sell improved for usability
  • attack of opportunity indicator made much clearer
  • pathing improvements, including characters moving past each other better in combat
  • streamlined combat
  • half-orcs
  • more origin options
Posted By: fallenj Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 06/04/21 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
  • More dialogue options
  • More roleplaying options
  • More face and hair options
  • An actual "main villain" to be introduced concretely
  • More robes, that don't look like sacks (and more clothing options in general)
  • variety in weapon appearance
  • UI improved for usability
  • inventory and buy/sell improved for usability
  • attack of opportunity indicator made much clearer
  • pathing improvements, including characters moving past each other better in combat
  • streamlined combat
  • half-orcs
  • more origin options

Pfft sacks are my favorite, need more sacks.
Posted By: Greenbear Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 16/04/21 11:19 AM
I want the paladin class

custom group options standard (yes I know about the multi player work around and it really makes the game more enjoyable)

Story characters other than, a weave addicted mage, touchy cultist cleric, racist worrier lizard, vampire who is okay with taking my blood while i sleep or hero wanna be who literally sold his soul to a devil... I'd like some lawful or chaotic good characters, you know, evil party members!

And really that's it. I'm really enjoying the game quite a bit and I'm looking forward to full release!
Posted By: Nyanko Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 16/04/21 11:58 AM
I want Karlach and Paladin class to be playable.
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 16/04/21 03:32 PM
I've been avoiding all the datamining on Karlach, so I'm excited to see what she's all about.
Posted By: Zarna Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 16/04/21 08:10 PM
Main wishes:
Immersive camera movement (Z axis)
Day/night cycle
Menu toggles for the main issues that have been discussed, or at least a core rules setting

Other wishes:
Barbarian
Sorcerer
Half orcs
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 16/04/21 10:44 PM
I'm hoping for the new classes and/or races, same as everyone else here. Maybe even a new companion or two? smile
Speaking of companions, I really really really wish the companion scenes would be queued up properly and not end up being missed completely.
More party banter while adventuring/exploring, please.
The romance scenes being finished and not "under construction" would be awesome...
I'd also like to read books that are scattered around in the world, without having to pick them up and carry them around. I don't know what to do with most of the stuff that's in my inventory right now.
Better camera movement control, please!
UI - the panel where all the special skills/spells are, is a mess. I want to either be able to pull it upwards to see the whole thing (I didn't even realise there was a whole second section hidden underneath until nearly the end of my first playthrough) or be able to organise it better. Right now I don't believe we have a way of shifting a spell/skill/scroll from the top half of this panel into the bottom half?
Posted By: Kallark Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 16/04/21 11:11 PM
- New content (new areas, new quests, something new and exciting)
- More levels (tired of being level 4)
- Maybe nerf those minotaurs a bit
- Increase party size
- More faces
- New class
- New race (would love to see half orcs)
- Halsin as a companion would also be cool
- Some new monsters
- New spells and items
Posted By: Dr.serkan85 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 17/04/21 10:30 AM
Remove chain portrait system add classic rpg portrait system.to much effort for just select for one char or all party.classic char select is simple and way much better
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 17/04/21 10:49 AM
Now thats the spirit ... i see some people here are not affraid to dream big. laugh

I would like to see either Paladin or Barbarian ...
I believe they are logical "next step" since in tollhouse there is at least one paladin that is actualy not paladin yet. :P
But honestly much more than about those classes im curious about Larian introducting show ... it was great with Cow (i mean Druid), but i cant help the feeling they weaved their own whip a little.
Etiher way, Barbarian show shoul be funny as Pannel from Hells laugh

Of course races, classes, visual options, dialogue options etc ... all and any of the stuff abowe will certainly please my nerd soul.

BUT!
There is one thing that have top priority on my wishlist for Patch 5, and its maybe the most unrealistic wish on this topic ... i would like to have tiny insight in Larian futher plans with EA ...
I know its not exactly "patch 5" content, so maybe im a little offtopic ... but the patch note and introduction show are part of patch 5, so either way:
- I would like to know if they are planning to add all classes, races and sub-races in EA ...
- I would like to know if they are planning to add another parts (aka zones) of Act 1 in EA ...
- I would like to know if they are planning to add another level in EA (also if they are satisfied with how fast we are getting XP right now) ...
- I would like to know wich topics they are concidering of our feedback > like "we noticed majority dont like *THIS* and we are curently talking about it, no need to bump on this matter, thank you"
Posted By: Absalom Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 17/04/21 12:59 PM
The UI could use one simple tweak to make it more effective and efficient:
Add a simple option to Auto sort (like chests have now) by:

Line 1 - Class or Racial Abilities (Backstab, Action Surge, Turn Undead, Tadpole abilities, etc.)
Line 2+ - Spells driven by spellslots ordered by level (cantrip, 1st, 2nd, etc.)
Line 3+ - Scrolls and spells/powers driven by magic items
Line 4 - Potions
Line 5 - usable items (throwables etc.)

This would clean up the UI a lot and could act as a "clean up" function when abilities begin to be scattered across multiple lines and finding them is an exercise in Finding Waldo.
Posted By: Sir Dent Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 17/04/21 09:45 PM
Make rolling a character actually involve rolling dice, ie I want to roll stats, or at a minimum let me min/max the standard set to get to 18 base stat
More NPCs to join the party, at least enough to make a party that doesnt make me contemplate just having Gale follow my character around
Merchant prices based closer to to the costs displayed on the items
Level 5
Another melee class so I can have more options than rolling a fighter or taking the worst NPC in the game for a fighter role.
Posted By: Pandemonica Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 17/04/21 10:16 PM
I just want to see the end of Early Access Chapter, get to go to Moonrise Tower and wrap up the beginner area (which I am pretty sure EA will be when all is said and done, I don't think the game really starts until after Moonrise). Maybe tweak the height and backstab advantage (backstab advantage should be rogue only) and level 5.
Posted By: footface Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 18/04/21 01:26 AM
I'd like to see another class, maybe another race, more subclasses, especially for the wizard, level 5 and maybe beyond (if that's not too much to ask for), the other paths to Moonrise Tower, the choice to buy starting equipment, pitons, better rest mechanic, more difficulty options, a dialogue record that can be accessed OUTSIDE of dialogue. What am I missing? If I think of something, I'll return.

Ah! Here's a small way to improve character creation. When I click on the name box, it should highlight the name "Tav" so I can instantly overwrite it without having to manually delete it. Again it's a small thing. I did have one character that I took all the way to the helm of the nautiloid before realizing his name was "TavBooger".
Originally Posted by footface
II did have one character that I took all the way to the helm of the nautiloid before realizing his name was "TavBooger".

Is there a story why you typed in Booger to the character name? I mean it didn't get there on its own. smile

I think I already posted here but I just want Level 5. It'll tell me a lot about where this game is going.
Posted By: footface Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 18/04/21 02:58 AM
Well ... He's green. That's about it. That's all the thought I put into his name.😁
Posted By: Miravlix Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 18/04/21 08:25 AM
I've been avoiding all the datamining on Karlach, so I'm excited to see what she's all about.

I think you are expecting the impossible, I see no indication Karlach can join the team until you hit Baldur's Gate and we won't be seeing that. But this is a thread of wishful thinking, I just think it's a bit odd to wish for the rest of the game in patch 5.

Maybe they will give us Moonrise Tower and some more polish on game mechanics and more races/classes.

A solution to jump+disengage.

The beginning of something a little less icky than the current rest system. At the moment the entire world is just standing round frozen until the action of the party make some of the world move, this might work with a DM, because he can adjust the world based on when the party arrives, but it's icky to have the entire world watchable and frozen in a computer game.
Posted By: acatlas Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 18/04/21 09:55 AM
Hopefully we will be getting news on patch 5 soon. Its getting around that time that more news would be nice.
Posted By: Gustavo R Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 18/04/21 02:02 PM
MOST IMPORTANT:
- Know whose changes Larian made in 5e and why they believe it was necessary

BETTER GUI
- Add a group all/ungroup all button
- Fix the auto jump/auto-follow
- Add a "hide all" button
- Change the chain mechanic or fix the latency/missclick/missdrag while chaining
- Auto sort items

GAME MECHANICS FIXES
- Disengage, Shove, Hide cost an Action (except for rogues)
- Disengaged untied to jump
- Level 5
- Versatile Spears
- More companion's interact during conversations
- Shared inventory
- Nerf barrels damage
- Cannot pick up barrels, just move them
- No more food during combats
- Animal Companions Improved balanced
- Better trade screen (and “sell all junk” option)
- Trade with the higher Charisma in the party (not individually)

STORY UPDATE
- Enable the Origin characters (the EA is the perfect time to test them and see if worth play with one of them as the main character)
- Dialog options if you save the petrified drow (mainly if you are a Lolth-Sworn)
- New region: Duegar Camp (Underdark)
- Karlach as a companion
- Halsin as companions (or another druid)

EQUIPMENT/COSMETICS IMPLEMENTS
- More weapons and armors variety (just cosmetic, it don’t need to be magic items)
- Less pixelated world map (a digitally painted map would be fantastic)

EXTRAS (just a small dream)
- A little randomness (find monsters around once in a while, different items in their pockets, maybe some enemy patrols in places you already clean up in the past…)

FINAL NOTE
- I disagree with the 6 companions idea because can be overwhelming micromanaging all this.
I'd like to see some more art assets for item tooltips. Possibly the beginning of the implementation of the crafting system. Being able to craft my own healing potions would be nice, even if crafting were limited to just the camp area. Whips. I would very much like to see whips in the game. Browsing the Adventuring Gear section of the PHB, I realize that I'd like to see some items like a climber's kit added to access secret areas you might not have access to otherwise, taking advantage of the verticality. Other forms of wealth like trade goods that have more or less value to sell to merchants depending on what they specialize in. I suppose an example would be gathering wood or coal or ore to sell to a blacksmith. All the food ingredients sold at a higher price to someone who can make meals. The various liquors and spirits sold at a premium to inns. Apologies if this sort of thing already exists.

I feel as though some of the other racial languages in the world are underrepresented. Even if it's something as small as finding books or posters or pamphlets written in some of the other languages that you'd have to pass a check to read would make the world feel a little more immersive. Maybe the odd word or curse from whatever race you are playing's language turns up in conversation (or in battle?). I hear it with the Tieflings and the Gith, but hearing the same from the Player Character based on character creation would be fun.
Posted By: PolyHeister Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 24/04/21 08:29 PM
Core DnD ruleset game mode with even higher difficulties would be SUPER DOPE.
Posted By: dwig Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 24/04/21 09:00 PM
At this point, I think I'd just like to see patch 5.
Posted By: 1varangian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 25/04/21 06:39 AM
I'd like the patch to focus entirely on gameplay (combat and skills). That's by far the weakest link in BG3 currently.

They should experiment while we are still in EA.

Make a D&D hardcore difficulty setting. The details have been discussed enough. Get some player feedback on that.
Posted By: Gremin Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 25/04/21 06:43 AM
As a disabled person who can not manage all the movements of the camera I would like to see the ability to lock the camera in chase mode, pls. If its in game I can not find it, feel free to point me in the right direction.
I'd like the patch to focus entirely on gameplay (combat and skills). That's by far the weakest link in BG3 currently.

They should experiment while we are still in EA.

Make a D&D hardcore difficulty setting. The details have been discussed enough. Get some player feedback on that.

Amen!
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 25/04/21 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Gremin
As a disabled person who can not manage all the movements of the camera I would like to see the ability to lock the camera in chase mode, pls. If its in game I can not find it, feel free to point me in the right direction.
Double click locks camera on selected character ...
Is that what you mean?
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 25/04/21 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gremin

Double pressing F1, F2, F3, or F4 will center the camera on the assigned character.

Accessibility is really important, there is a mega-thread on party movement/controls and I think your input would be highly valuable.

Originally Posted by Miravlix

I think you are expecting the impossible, I see no indication Karlach can join the team until you hit Baldur's Gate and we won't be seeing that. But this is a thread of wishful thinking, I just think it's a bit odd to wish for the rest of the game in patch 5.
I think you're reaching beyond the post. Someone is excited for Karlach. And, I hadn't thought too much about it before but it would be great to see what she's all about.
Posted By: VenusP Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 26/04/21 04:58 PM
Most of all I wish them to clean the mess with bonus actions and advantages/disadvantages so we could finally be rest assured they do care about D&D experience and good gameplay. That plus paladin or bard (though some new archetypes for the already implemented classes will work either) gonna be enough to start another play-through.
Yet of course there are some other very good suggestions here and there, but imo mechanics related are the number one priority.

No chances for level 5 and I’m ok with that.
Posted By: Raven_313 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 29/04/21 07:55 AM
HALF-ORCS!
Posted By: Alef Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 5? - 29/04/21 09:11 AM
* Far better implementation of DD5 rules for combats (and far less Larian / DOS additions that break DD5 rules)
* Far better UI both graphical part (for better immersion) and more convenient. (ex: do something else than this awful hotbar in which cool spells are mixed between potions and potatoes ..., also have nice character sheets and spell books instead of simple videogame icon grid, etc ...).
© Larian Studios forums