Larian Studios
Posted By: Cafe level 3 - 19/07/21 05:40 PM
Hello All

I am level 3 by the time I get to the thieves outside the chapel. All I did was run around the crashed ship, with a few fights and collect the party members and send them to camp so I can continue solo till I need them.

But seems like the level came to fast, is that how it should be?
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: level 3 - 19/07/21 06:09 PM
Well, yeah ... first few levels should come really fast.
True, if you skip final Nautiloid fight, and just connect the transponder, you loose some sweet XP boost ... but you can get it pretty fast elsewhere.

So, i would gues that this is intented.
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: level 3 - 19/07/21 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Cafe
Hello All

I am level 3 by the time I get to the thieves outside the chapel. All I did was run around the crashed ship, with a few fights and collect the party members and send them to camp so I can continue solo till I need them.

But seems like the level came to fast, is that how it should be?
It's probably deliberate. Level 3 is way more fun than level 1 in 5e. I think it's the right choice to expedite the player to level 3.
Posted By: Boblawblah Re: level 3 - 19/07/21 09:26 PM
Yea, walking around for a couple of hours at level 1 would get old VERY quickly.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: level 3 - 19/07/21 10:56 PM
First few levels of DnD are meant to be really really quick. Then things slow down as progression gets tied more to looted treasures and creative use of abilities.
Posted By: zeel Re: level 3 - 20/07/21 01:08 AM
Yeah most of the time when playing tabletop 5e your DM will only have you as level 1 for one session at most. I like that the leveling is pretty quick in the early game. I highly doubt the mid-late game leveling will be anywhere near as fast-paced.

Plus, the earlier you can access higher level spells the better.
© Larian Studios forums