Larian Studios
Hello everyone,

Today we’re releasing our first major patch for Baldur’s Gate 3, addressing over 1000 bugs, balancing, flow issues and much, much more.

So what can you expect from this update? Well, we’ve eliminated issues like NPCs who sometimes spot you when they really shouldn’t be able to, floating items like mugs and newspapers that should abide the laws of gravity, and the conclusion to Shadowheart’s romance scene not triggering for some players, among others. With expansive systems come many unknowns, so our support team continues to work with you to relay any issues to us. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with further reports.

Patch 1 also tackles a few visual bugs, and sprinkles on more post-launch polish. We’re bringing back Short King Summer with better kissing contact for short races!

[Linked Image from clan.cloudflare.steamstatic.com]

You won’t be waiting long for Patch 2, which is right around the corner. This update will feature significant performance improvements - but we’ll go into more detail about that closer to its release.

In the meantime, did you know that collectively you’ve played over 200,000,000 hours of Baldur's Gate 3 since launch? That’s over 22,000 years!

The most popular class choice is currently Paladin, followed by Sorcerer, while the award for least popular class goes to Cleric.

Human and Elf characters reign supreme in Faerûn, followed swiftly and unsurprisingly by Half-Elf. On the opposite end of the spectrum we find Dwarf, Gnome, Githyanki, and Halfling. We get it, they’re not exactly the most ethereal beauties of the Realms but they’d still form a rad metal band.

For now, as we focus on fixes, thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3 and continuing to share this adventure with us.

HIGHLIGHTS

Showstoppers
  • The
    Emperor
    will no longer leave you stranded in
    the Morphic Pool
  • Starting to use the boat to go to the
    Morphic Pool
    , sending that character to camp, and then using another character to make the journey will no longer block you from progressing.
  • Fixed a bug where listening in on a conversation as Player 1 and then exiting the dialogue prematurely could result in not being able to interact with anything anymore.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Reaction UI to not work correctly and potentially block progress in combat if you save the game in the middle of a reaction.
  • Fixed loot in corpses sometimes not appearing in multiplayer until an item is dragged onto the corpse.
  • Fixed a bug causing you to get a Game Over screen after helping Downed party members.
  • Fixed the Helm of Arcane Acuity crashing the game. The condition is now capped to 7 stacks.
  • Attacking an NPC during a dialogue after being Downed will now get you arrested rather than giving you a Game Over screen.
  • Fixed an issue where characters could get stuck in an infinite falling loop.
  • Fixed an issue with Marcus being resurrected by players hitting him with a dual-wield attack - the second hit will no longer revive him.

Story Flow and Logic
  • Wyll should be able to talk about
    Ravengard being at Moonrise Towers
    , and will no longer have an exclamation point above his head without having anything new to say.
  • Wyll should now be able to tell you what to do next if
    Ansur
    is killed and he has an exclamation mark above his head.
  • Ravengard
    no longer addresses non-tadpoled characters as True Souls in
    Wyrm's Rock
  • Shadowheart should more easily follow up on her proposed romance moments in Act III.
  • Fixed conditions being updated before a savegame finished loading. This, for instance, caused
    the hag
    to have 0 HP if loading an autosave created when entering the Lower City, preventing you from progressing through related quests.
  • Fixed Karlach not going to camp after
    being freed from the Wyrm's Rock prison
    if your party was full.
  • Jaheira and Minsc's paths are tied after you save Minsc, so if you've forsaken him, Jaheira should now follow after him.
  • Fixed bug that made it possible to break up with Astarion without meaning to.
  • The drider will now recognise that you're with him when reaching Moonrise Towers if you start following him in the middle of his route.
  • Art Cullagh and Fist J'ehlar no longer get so scared of bears and spiders that their quest breaks.
  • The Zhentarim will more consistently use the mines after their allies have fallen back to safety, and will no longer actively try to blow themselves up by checking active mines.
  • Minthara no longer references irrelevant topics or passes judgement on companions more than once.
  • Fixed the dialogue flow when dating Minthara.
  • Fixed Minthara's body disappearing at camp after you decide to
    bring a sweet moment to a terrible end
  • You can no longer recruit both Halsin and Minthara to camp in the same playthrough.
  • Changed several precise map markers into more appropriate general area markers, such as for investigating
    Kagha
    , investigating
    the cellar in the Blighted
  • Village
, and finding
Halsin at the Goblin Camp
  • Made it less ambiguous that you're starting a romance with Gale when choosing certain dialogue options.
  • During Gale's spell-teaching scene, you now have the option to picture a future with Gale that falls somewhere in between kissing him and kicking him in the head.
  • When confronting
    Raphael in the House of Hope
    Raphael
    will no longer target his own pillars or allies with
    Flames of Avernus
  • The
    Rescue the Grand Duke
    quest should now receive a proper update about
    the duke's
    whereabouts, regardless of the way the quest started.
  • Fixed an issue where using non-lethal attacks on Auntie Ethel would still kill her.
  • You can now opt to respect the privacy of the bugbear and the ogre outside the Blighted Village again. Don't get in the way of real love.
  • Fixed a level design quirk that would allow you to use a spell like Misty Step or Dimension Door to skip part of the main quest sequence in Act II.
  • Fixed an issue where the Baldur's Mouth headline about a cute cat could get accidentally overwritten.
  • If Wyll isn't recruited, he will now recognise Avatar Karlach and initiate dialogue.
  • Made sure
    Mizora
    can always interrupt Wyll, no matter where he runs off to.
  • Throwing a single coin at the beggars will no longer damage them.
  • If Dolly Dolly Dolly curses you with the A Clown in Town condition for making her angry while inside the Moonlantern, she will now paint your face. That'll teach you.
  • The Zhentarim at the Goblin Camp should now be more tolerant if you approach them.

• Balance

Usability

Visuals

Cinematic Scenes

Loot and Trade

Misc

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS

MULTIPLAYER

COMBAT AND BALANCE

ACTIONS AND CONDITIONS

GAMEPLAY

FLOW AND SCRIPTING

JOURNAL

WRITING

LOOT AND TRADE

CHARACTER CREATION AND LEVEL UP

ITEMS

UI AND TOOLTIPS

LEVEL DESIGN AND MAP

ANIMATION

ART

AUDIO

SFX

VFX

CINEMATICS

ENGINE

LAUNCHER

CONTROLLER

OTHER
    Posted By: SoulfulAzrael Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 11:38 AM
    Did you finally fixed Owlbear Cub not appearing at Goblin Camp?
    Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 12:08 PM
    A lot of fixes but not seeing anything significant...Karlach's good ending hasn't been restored. No mention of Minthara's missing content, including the second part of her romance in act 3, etc. I have to say I expected a bit more from the first huge patch...a ton of tiny fixes but none of the major issues. Also incredibly weird to have a Karlach romance scene as the banner for the update when this doesn't do anything about her missing good ending or the missing part of her quest in act 3. She was also surprisingly popular too with players, why feature her romance front and center when the main issues with her most people want fixed aren't fixed?
    Posted By: jimnms Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 12:16 PM
    Archfey Warlocks still aren't getting a new cantrip at level 4. Please fix this, my game has been on hold waiting for this to get fixed.
    Posted By: Raz415 Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 12:46 PM
    I was going to read it all but was forced to give up, it's just THAT BIG! laugh Amazing job, Larian! <3 A few of the bugs I have reported are fixed I see.
    Posted By: SiriusVI Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the patch! Since you also seem to address story inconsistencies, please also fix the following:

The complete 180° of the Emperor before freeing Orpheus to join the Netherbrain still doesn't make sense. At least give more logical explanation for why the Emperor just lets himself get inthralled again. Why doesn't he just attack the player so they can't free Orpheus?

Orpheus still says his honor guard could have liberated him, had the player not killed them. This is obviously false and was probably written by someone who was very confused about the story. Vlaakith I (NOT the Lich Queen) imprisoned Orpheus AND the honor guard over 1.000 years ago, MUCH EARLER than the Emperor arrived in the Astral Prism. So it makes no sense that Orpheus says his guard could have freed him. They obviouly couldn't in the 1.000 yeras of imprisonment, which makes sense, because they don't have the Orphic Hammer!!!!.

Orpheus can turn himself into a mindflayer without being infected with a tadpole!
    Posted By: Annoyed Player Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 12:57 PM
    A lot of small fixes, which is nice. Although, I can still see some problems like:

-Tawern Brawler being broken.
    -Level 1 Wizard dip, allowing any class to learn all spells.
    -Moon druid level 6 feature not working.

Now, bugs aside, I would like to see a rebalance of certain races, most notably Dragonborn, who are visually stunning, but horrible in every other aspect.

I am glad to see that breath weapon actually scales now, but it doesn't make up for the rest of the race, which is less than optimal.

If possible, I would apply the two Dragonborn races from Fizban's Tresury of Dragons, notably Metallic And Chromatic dragonborn. Otherwise, I think most people will use the mods to make Dragonborn viable.
    Posted By: Kamos174 Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 12:59 PM
    Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
    A lot of fixes but not seeing anything significant...Karlach's good ending hasn't been restored. No mention of Minthara's missing content, including the second part of her romance in act 3, etc. I have to say I expected a bit more from the first huge patch...a ton of tiny fixes but none of the major issues. Also incredibly weird to have a Karlach romance scene as the banner for the update when this doesn't do anything about her missing good ending or the missing part of her quest in act 3. She was also surprisingly popular too with players, why feature her romance front and center when the main issues with her most people want fixed aren't fixed?
    So i guess Minthara wasn't " bugged " after all and they actually did remove her content. I brought this up on steam and everyone seemed so sure that Minthara was bugged and the patch would fix her.

As for Karlach, unfortunately if the recent cut content is right her " good " ending played into events in the upper city and since the upper city was unceremoniously cut from the release I can't see her getting that ending until it's added back and everyone seems sure that will happen in the DE release but if we're following DOS2's release with it that's 11 months+ from now.
    Posted By: OneManArmy Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 01:23 PM
    You can no longer recruit both Halsin and Minthara to camp in the same playthrough.

FUUUUUUUU

We need to recruit both! We need to make Minthara a full-fledged companion, bring back all the cut content, and even create even more new content!

We need the option to marry Minthara and have a baby!
    Posted By: Darth_Trethon Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 01:24 PM
    Originally Posted by Kamos174
    So i guess Minthara wasn't " bugged " after all and they actually did remove her content. I brought this up on steam and everyone seemed so sure that Minthara was bugged and the patch would fix her.

As for Karlach, unfortunately if the recent cut content is right her " good " ending played into events in the upper city and since the upper city was unceremoniously cut from the release I can't see her getting that ending until it's added back and everyone seems sure that will happen in the DE release but if we're following DOS2's release with it that's 11 months+ from now.
    A lot of content seems to have gone missing at the last minute and nobody knows why. It's possible some of that may still be in the works...it would be nice of Larian to acknowledge that. Two weeks before launch Swen said the upper city of Baldur's Gate was in the game and fully playable and he also mentioned the 15 minute epilogue...all that stuff is in the game files even fully voiced, but not in game. How did that go from in game to cut in less than two weeks? Surely they've got to still be working on that, one would imagine, if they expected it in for launch it's got to be at least somewhat close to finished but when is it coming? I hope we don't have to wait a year plus.
    Posted By: Crimsomrider Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 01:35 PM
    Amazing, that was a really long read. Very happy to see the fixes coming and hope to see many more patches which improve and add to the game laezelapprove

Also a very sad day for Minthara and Halsin camp parties grin
    Posted By: Mumf Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 01:35 PM
    Edge panning Bug got fixed finally?
    Posted By: The Red Queen Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 01:36 PM
    Okay everyone, please avoid spoilers in this thread. Ideally take them to other threads where they're already being discussed, and in either case enclose in spoiler tags.
    Posted By: Dagless Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 01:37 PM
    quote=Darth_Trethon]A lot of fixes but not seeing anything significant...Karlach's good ending hasn't been restored. No mention of Minthara's missing content, including the second part of her romance in act 3, etc. I have to say I expected a bit more from the first huge patch...a ton of tiny fixes but none of the major issues. Also incredibly weird to have a Karlach romance scene as the banner for the update when this doesn't do anything about her missing good ending or the missing part of her quest in act 3. She was also surprisingly popular too with players, why feature her romance front and center when the main issues with her most people want fixed aren't fixed?[/quote]

Well, obviously.

Realistically you can expect patches for fixing things not working correctly with the game that they actually released.

In time, they might make bigger changes and revisit some of the story elements, buts not going to be a simple patch and it’s certainly not going to happen a couple of weeks after release.
    Posted By: Fuh Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 01:58 PM
    Nice, thanks for posting the patch notes here quickly!
    Posted By: fylimar Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 02:02 PM
    Originally Posted by SoulfulAzrael
    Did you finally fixed Owlbear Cub not appearing at Goblin Camp?

Yeah, it says so in the patch notes

ANd yay for fixing lore bards - thank you so much
    Posted By: 0Muttley0 Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 02:07 PM
    Nope. Only just encountered this bug. Hes still eating his Mom.
    Posted By: Eric the Grey Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 02:14 PM
    Awesome patch. A lot of things I haven't come across (yet) but it's nice to know they'll be there when my team gets there.

One thing I didn't see it, but did you fix, or is there any word on a fix for the disappearing UI? This is where occasionally, the game acts like it's in a dialog, when combat is in progress. The only fix I've found is reloading.
    Posted By: Sopello Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 02:29 PM
    Nice job, so much stuff that my eyes hurt from reading, now just a happily ever after with karlach and we can all watch that 15 minute cinematic epilogue
    Posted By: Tatoskok Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 02:33 PM
    Please reconsider the changes to Chest of Mundane. We don't have a bag of holding and it's a major pain to go back and forth to vendor to sell items after every other battle. Limiting carrying capacity without the (previous) Chest or a bag of holding to our character's strength, means we'll have to take a break to loot and sell armor and weapons after every other battle, which breaks the game flow. It was great that I could play for hours and then when I done playing, I could make a single trip to town to sell. Now, I'll have to make several trips to town (possibly multiple trips to carry gear from large battles with numerous enemies) after every battle or two.
    Posted By: Boblawblah Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 02:35 PM
    I tell you what, when I do another full playthrough in like a year or so, it's going to be amazing with all the changes. Looking forward to it. Great patch.
    Posted By: JandK Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 02:36 PM
    I'd really like to know if a dip in wizard is intended to allow high level scrolls to be copied into your spellbook. I don't want to do it if it's a bug in the game, but if it's intended, I don't mind.
    Posted By: JackTheReaper Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 02:42 PM
    Thank you for the big patch!! But Karlach is still not talking to me in any way and therefore, i´m unable to follow her storyline frown

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
    Posted By: Daermon85 Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 03:56 PM
    Minthara is really so much undeveloped charachter? I hope just bugged the full romance, but i not see in the patchnote fix. frown
    Posted By: OneManArmy Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 04:00 PM
    Originally Posted by Daermon85
    Minthara is really so much undeveloped charachter? I hope just bugged the full romance, but i not see in the patchnote fix. frown
    We Demand More Sexy Minthara Content
    Posted By: elicksr Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 04:21 PM
    Originally Posted by Salo
    Hello everyone,

Today we’re releasing our first major patch for Baldur’s Gate 3, addressing over 1000 bugs, balancing, flow issues and much, much more.

Hello Salo, can you guys please put some pressure on GOG to get the update out for those of us who use the offline installers today?

It's Friday again, another update has been released (the most major to date) and those of us not using Galaxy shouldn't have to wait all weekend again to receive the update. GOG is dropping the ball here, big time, and the availability of Galaxy is no excuse for it. Myself and many other GOG users specifically use GOG because we are not forced to use their platform app like we are with Steam. It is one of GOGs selling points, they should not be permitted to neglect a portion of your customers because we chose to utilize their official method for alternate downloads.
    Posted By: Sunriders Destin Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 04:52 PM
    Teasing us with the Karlach picture was foul lol

Justice for Mama K
    Posted By: Imora DalSyn Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 04:57 PM
    Re: vendor runs

Don't pick up everything. Then you don't need to vendor so often.

Easy enough.
    Posted By: MDEvult Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 05:03 PM
    Nice work Larian, now fix Karlach and the epilogue.
    Posted By: Thebazilly Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 05:11 PM
    Thank you for the huge patch! Excited to see how the performance improvements go, my game starts running pretty rough at about 3 hours of playtime.
    Posted By: SoulfulAzrael Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 07:11 PM
    Hey. Ever since this patch I have some new issues. Characters glitching out and popping in and out of the game, game quicker starts to stutter and crash and previously it wasn't as much of an issue and textures on characters overall loads slower as well when I start the conversation. I had little issue with those before, but now they are there and they are quite noticeable.
    Posted By: Nobere Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 07:13 PM
    Good day, I figured I would point out a small visual glitch.

Hand crossbows need to be rotated when sheathed.
    Currently the throwing arm is clipping into the charecters back.

Is there a reason charecters never sheath greatswords?
    Posted By: killswitchin Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 07:38 PM
    Can we get an good ending for Karlach? and a better romance for Minthara?
    Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 07:43 PM
    When will the missing content be restored?
    Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 07:44 PM
    Please delete
    Posted By: Zentu Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 09:54 PM
    This is an awesome patch, very much adding some polish to the game. Will patch 2 have any content additions and features, or just be another polish patch?
    Posted By: Kamos174 Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 10:07 PM
    Originally Posted by killswitchin
    Can we get an good ending for Karlach? and a better romance for Minthara?
    I'm with you on the Minthara one as to even recruit her you need to be super evil so when the main lure of the evil path is bugged and missing content it's a problem, she should be as fleshed out as the others are.

The Karlach thing will probably happen in the DE and that could be a year from now.
    Posted By: Starshine Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 10:47 PM
    Fantastic list of updates and fixes. But please re-consider "You can no longer recruit both Halsin and Minthara to camp in the same playthrough." and work to making them both available together, with all companions. Thank you.
    Posted By: mikesta95 Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 25/08/23 11:38 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or if this is the place to request fixes but i have a request/ bug.

since completing act 2 and romancing Shadowheart i have had a permanent Bless on the player character in act 3.

While i don't mind having the bless, the permanent vfx around the player character is frustrating as you cant see you characters clothing properly anymore.
    I've read other people also have this issue on reddit and I've even seen people are already making mods to remove the vfx.

It would be nice to have this be something you could toggle off if not I would choose to have it removed altogether rather than constantly have my character glowing.

Please consider fixing this in next update as i'd like to keep my first playthorugh free from mods. smile
    Posted By: The Red Queen Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 12:14 AM
    Originally Posted by mikesta95
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or if this is the place to request fixes but i have a request/ bug.

To report a bug to Larian, there's a form on their support website. The "Report a Bug" link along the top of the game launcher that will take you to the same place.

You can also search these forums or take at look at the "Baldur's Gate III - Technical & Gameplay Problems" subforum to see if anyone has reported something similar. And if not, you're welcome to create a new thread on that forum if you want to see if any other players have had the same issue or has found a workaround.
    Posted By: ALNoire Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 01:27 AM
    We need Minthara! More romance, more content!
    This is the best character of BG3
    Posted By: Ussnorway Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 02:21 AM
    Two weeks before launch Swen said the upper city of Baldur's Gate was in the game and fully playable and he also mentioned the 15 minute epilogue...all that stuff is in the game files even fully voiced, but not in game. How did that go from in game to cut in less than two weeks?

simple in the same event they showed the world [and themselves] that the game wasn't ready for release yet because its untested... even the stuff still in the game will [just] barely run lower city on average PCs
    Posted By: necrosrc Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 04:00 AM
    Really big thank you for College of Lore changes. New magical secrets spells makes this subclass more viable as utility/support replacement. Great patch. Thank you!
    Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 07:09 AM
    Balance
    • College of Lore bards can now pick which additional skill proficiency they receive. Bards that are already of the College of Lore need to respec to get this choice.
    Well,
    that sounds reasuring ...

Now, lets hope Warlocks and their Pact of Tome will get same treatment. :-/
    Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 07:18 AM
    Balance
    • College of Lore bards can now pick which additional skill proficiency they receive. Bards that are already of the College of Lore need to respec to get this choice.
    Well,
    that sounds reasuring ...

Now, lets hope Warlocks and their Pact of Tome will get same treatment. :-/
    Posted By: malusignis Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 09:34 AM
    Curious about the 99.1mb download from Steam that just dropped about an hour ago. What has it changed? Is there anything we need to know about it?

Thank you and warm regards
    Posted By: Redglyph Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 10:38 AM
    The size vary with people. Here it's a 695 MB download. No announcement, probably some sort of hotfix - that's why you don't push big updates on a Friday. wink
    Posted By: Sopello Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 11:50 AM
    Hotfix for a patch? I did get some graphic issues yesterday
    Posted By: Eric the Grey Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 01:31 PM
    Originally Posted by Tatoskok
    Please reconsider the changes to Chest of Mundane. We don't have a bag of holding and it's a major pain to go back and forth to vendor to sell items after every other battle. Limiting carrying capacity without the (previous) Chest or a bag of holding to our character's strength, means we'll have to take a break to loot and sell armor and weapons after every other battle, which breaks the game flow. It was great that I could play for hours and then when I done playing, I could make a single trip to town to sell. Now, I'll have to make several trips to town (possibly multiple trips to carry gear from large battles with numerous enemies) after every battle or two.

The easy way to do this, is send it all to the camp. When you do go to sell, split off one party member, send them to camp, and switch back and forth. The character at camp, sends stuff to your seller (ideally, the one with the highest charisma or the best liked) to sell. Just go back and forth.
    Posted By: Tatoskok Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 01:41 PM
    Originally Posted by Eric the Grey

The easy way to do this, is send it all to the camp. When you do go to sell, split off one party member, send them to camp, and switch back and forth. The character at camp, sends stuff to your seller (ideally, the one with the highest charisma or the best liked) to sell. Just go back and forth.

I understand, but that's a major pain in the backside. Inventory management is already a pain. Having another pain like this is just compounding the problem and making it worse.
    Posted By: JandK Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 01:42 PM
    Originally Posted by Eric the Grey

That's a great tip. I hadn't considered doing that. Thanks.
    Posted By: Myhthreindeer Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 09:44 PM
    Originally Posted by Thebazilly
    ...my game starts running pretty rough at about 3 hours of playtime.

Yeah I've noticed this too - plenty of stuttering. I have a new laptop with excellent hardware and fiber connection.
    Posted By: Ussnorway Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 10:27 PM
    Originally Posted by Redglyph
    The size vary with people. Here it's a 695 MB download. No announcement, probably some sort of hotfix - that's why you don't push big updates on a Friday. wink

yes thats a hotfix for this patch i.e, fix the data mismatch bullshit [hopefully]
    Posted By: Imryll Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 26/08/23 10:36 PM
    Originally Posted by fylimar
    ANd yay for fixing lore bards - thank you so much

Yay, that they fixed it for new bards, but not so yay that I had to respec to get back the proficiencies I had previously chosen. It wasn't a pleasant surprise to discover (while exploring a highly trapped portion of the Grymforge) that Larian had decided to second guess me and remove my Lore bards Sleight of Hand proficiency.
    Posted By: Ussnorway Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 27/08/23 02:32 AM
    warning Gog Galaxy players... installing the 2 different copies of patch 1 will corrupt your files and cause any save games to not sync

*** make a hard copy of your save game 1st

who = anyone that installed patch 1 yesterday and played / saved files will then get the small hotfix today... your save files are now different and will not sync
    i.e, if you other systems now update to patch 1 they will get a different copy of patch 1 [yes the same build number but its different in the files] and your 1st systems save wont sync across
    Posted By: BlackIrisBalloon Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 27/08/23 06:08 PM
    Uhhh...with the Dance Macabre balance changes, I don't think I can Dismiss my Ghouls anymore, since I can't directly control them and have them dismiss themselves. Unless there's some UI thing I missed. If there's something I missed on how to dismiss them, please let me know.
    Posted By: Shifter Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 28/08/23 03:22 PM
    "You can no longer recruit both Halsin and Minthara to camp in the same playthrough."

You serious? What is this crap?

So first you allow something into the final release of the game that you could have removed if unintended. Then when players embrace it and work out inventive ways of achieving that outcome you pull the plug?

I had paused playing the game for a week while I researched a way of recruiting both these characters, then reloaded hours back into my game so I had all the steps done correctly and now you decide to block this. Seriously guys what are you playing at?

Even lore wise it made sense for these two characters to be in the same party, as part of Minthara's redemption arc. What you just did smacks of laziness and lack of testing.

I wish I hadn't bought this game now. Can't even get a bloody refund. Larian what a bunch of amateurs. 2 years of early access for this crap. Pathetic.
    Posted By: The Red Queen Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 28/08/23 03:28 PM
    Anyone interested in recruiting Minthara and Halsin together can join in the thread over at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=887290&Searchpage=1 where forum members are discussing this constructively.
    Posted By: Waltc Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 28/08/23 07:30 PM
    Originally Posted by Ussnorway
    warning Gog Galaxy players... installing the 2 different copies of patch 1 will corrupt your files and cause any save games to not sync

*** make a hard copy of your save game 1st

who = anyone that installed patch 1 yesterday and played / saved files will then get the small hotfix today... your save files are now different and will not sync
    i.e, if you other systems now update to patch 1 they will get a different copy of patch 1 [yes the same build number but its different in the files] and your 1st systems save wont sync across

I was fortunate not to download the original flawed Patch 1, and through Galaxy I have no save-game problems and no data mismatch problems, with patch 1 and the 695MB patch today. I am surprised they didn't opt to give the fixed Patch 1 a different version number! Seems like it would be much easier to distinguish between them that way.
    Posted By: Kehldael Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 29/08/23 03:28 AM
    Hey guys, awesome patch ! Keep up the good work smile

Things I'd like to see in patch #2:
    - Beeing able to change appearence for custom created character after the game is started (even change race)
    - Beeing able to have companions pitch in during multiplayer games, and why not even solo game, switch character for the tests
    - Removing other player's characters from the group (hirelings can be removed already)
    - SCAG cantrips (let's be honnest, eldritch knight is nowhere near as good without them)
    - The ability to display weapons with camp clothes
    - Swords, axes, and maces on hip instead of back

That would be awesome
    Posted By: Ussnorway Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 29/08/23 06:28 AM
    - Stop releasing untested patches on Friday
    would be totally awesome wink
    Posted By: Halycon Styxland Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 29/08/23 07:45 AM
    > College of Lore bards can now pick which additional skill proficiency they receive.
    > Added spells to bards' Magical Secrets feature

Awesome. I wasnt expecting them to fix that already. In both cases I would have categorized that as new features, not bugfixes. Though its closer to the original rules now.

Technically Magical Secrets are supposed to be all spells, from all classes, even Bard ones as well. I'm fine with it only being a best of. But no Cantrips at all was really bad.

For the record I still urgently miss Thaumaturgy in there. Thats the one Cantrip that Bards really want from Cleric. Since it boosts Intimidate and Perform, but only works on self.

The funny part is, Bards are the only ones mentioned in the whole "Balance Highlights" section. No big issues for anybody else, eh ?

Originally Posted by Waltc
    I am surprised they didn't opt to give the fixed Patch 1 a different version number! Seems like it would be much easier to distinguish between them that way.

This !!! GoG totally screwed up and offered the wrong download over the weekend, one week ago.

Originally Posted by Annoyed Player
    -Level 1 Wizard dip, allowing any class to learn all spells.

Hu ?

Thats implemented 100% how D&D5 defined it.

You have slots on a spell level, you can write spells of that spell level into your spellbook.

I mean, minus the time requirement. You're supposed to spent 2 hours per spell level, too.
    Posted By: Halycon Styxland Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 29/08/23 10:26 AM
    Originally Posted by JandK
    I'd really like to know if a dip in wizard is intended to allow high level scrolls to be copied into your spellbook. I don't want to do it if it's a bug in the game, but if it's intended, I don't mind.

Yes thats how D&D5 defines it in the PHB, page 114, Wizard class, The Spellbook:

"Copying a Spell into the Book. When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your spellbook if it is of a level for which you have spell slots and if you can spare the time to decipher and copy it. [...]"

All classes get their spoils. This is one of the Wizard. Wizards can learn maximum level spells in a multiclass; something no other class can.

Of course you still can only select a pittiful small number of spells from the Wizard if you really only take one level. But you can get the higher spells that you get through multiclassing.
    Posted By: MarcAbaddon Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 29/08/23 01:14 PM
    Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
    Originally Posted by JandK

Yes thats how D&D5 defines it in the PHB, page 114, Wizard class, The Spellbook:

"Copying a Spell into the Book. When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your spellbook if it is of a level for which you have spell slots and if you can spare the time to decipher and copy it. [...]"

All classes get their spoils. This is one of the Wizard. Wizards can learn maximum level spells in a multiclass; something no other class can.

Of course you still can only select a pittiful small number of spells from the Wizard if you really only take one level. But you can get the higher spells that you get through multiclassing.

That's not true. See discussion here: https://rpg.stackexchange.com/quest...of-wizard-copy-any-wizard-spell-they-fin

Specificially, the PHB contains this sentence on multiclassing:

Spells Known and Prepared

You determine what spells you know and can prepare for each class individually, as if you were a single-classed member of that class.

The only thing the multiclassed Wizard can do with those extra spell slots is upcasting lower level spell.

Or if you prefer, refer to the SRD:

https://5thsrd.org/rules/multiclassing/

Which also contains the limitations above. It even has a Wizard specific example in it.
    Posted By: Sergey Butsenov Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 30/08/23 08:55 AM
    Diluted Oil of Sharpness doesn't do what it should (Bludgeoning, Slashing or Piercing Resistance is ignored for your weapon, gaining +1 on Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls.). Not ignoring resistances.
    Posted By: neo3704 Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 08/09/23 04:04 AM
    Perhaps this comparison of the release version and Patch 1 will be useful to someone
    [video:youtube]
    [/video]
    Posted By: Halycon Styxland Re: Patch #1 Now Live! Version Number: 4.1.1.3669438 - 10/09/23 11:18 PM
    Originally Posted by MarcAbaddon
    That's not true.

Thats true.

PHB clearly states on Page 114, Sidebox "Spellbook":
    [....] Copying a Spell into the Book. When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your spellbook if its of a level for which you have spell slots and if you can spare the time to decypher and copy it. [...]

And multiclassing gives you higher spellslots than those you would get from your Wizard level.

The section you cite is about the question what classes learn during levelup. But Wizards can also copy spells from scrolls.
    © Larian Studios forums