Larian Studios
Hello everyone,

We’ve got a new hotfix for you today, addressing several bugs, visual issues and blockers.

Have you ever had a romance so intense, that everything melts away? Well, sometimes that isn’t intentional. We’ve fixed an issue where Gale’s romance scene was playing in what looked like some kind of black void. Consider the ambience restored.

We are aware of an issue with kissing animations for Astarion, and are currently working on a fix. We expect this to be released in a future update. Thank you for all your reports and messages, and thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3! If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team.

FIXES
  • You can now use soaps encountered in savegames before Patch 4.
  • Fixed the game sometimes freezing indefinitely after a reaction to a spell that hits you with multiple projectiles.
  • Fixed a crash after using a reaction that causes an attack against a dead creature.
  • Fixed an issue causing you to get stuck in certain dialogues unable to continue.
  • Fixed a blocker that could occur when trying to Long Rest.
  • Dominated followers will now follow the party as expected after loading a savegame.
  • Fixed Gale's romance scene playing in what looks like a black void.
  • Fixed a Dark Urge flashback accidentally teleporting you to the Lower City.
  • The Cursed Skulls in Jannath's Estate are now vulnerable to Force and Radiant damage.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented certain characters from executing their behaviours.
  • Fixed citizens and refugees in Baldur's Gate sometimes jittering about the place or not using their proper animations.
  • Fixed some visual artefacts appearing at camp in relation to Dark Urge and Karlach dialogues. This also solved the bloodstain under
    Alfira
    suddenly becoming larger after loading a savegame.
  • Wyll and Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without the need to retrigger the dialogue.
  • Fixed an issue where a companion's camp night dialogue could be replaced by a different dialogue that couldn't trigger during a previous night.
Wow and no fix towards laag stutter and multiplayer.
I think the forum and bug reports feedbacks are usless. There a ton of players reported this huge problems here from both pc and PS5 and from cloud gaming as well even Mortismal Gaming a huge respected YouTube channel pointed it out. This side should be shut down and redirect it to Twitter and Redit.

Everything what was reported there is fixed. And everything is reported here is ignored. I am so sorry but I feel frustrated.
I tryed to say this as polite I just could be.

But I buyed 3 copies for my daughter my wife and my self.
And I gifted 1 to my brother 1 to my cousin and 1 to my friends. As a birthday present.
And all of them have an issue with the game in its current state. And I cannot convince them to play with me. Just because act 3 is in such a bad state now. And there is no possibility to roll back to previous patches.

Thnx for this great patch note.
Good, this seems to have fixed much of the act 3 lag. Thanks!
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I may be confusing things, but aren't hotfixes fixes for chaff like romances etc., while patches are for fixing bigger things?
And all of them have an issue with the game in its current state. And I cannot convince them to play with me. Just because act 3 is in such a bad state now. And there is no possibility to roll back to previous patches.

For me (on PS5) the lag is much more managable after this hotfix. Just tried it.
I hope you are rigth because I feel my self like an idiot.
Regarding my BG3 purchases.
And still don't see any fix for split screen. Is it working on ps5??
Yeeessss, just downloaded it and booted up the game! I hope I can get further in my Durge campaign now!
I appreciate the communication on the Astarion animations, thanks V_Ben!

Looking forward to the next patch!
Originally Posted by Buba68
I may be confusing things, but aren't hotfixes fixes for chaff like romances etc., while patches are for fixing bigger things?

Pretty much easy wins that don't require extensive testing, and are fairly self contained/specific. Low risk, high reward. It all comes down the complexity of the change/fix. Eg Adjusting a variable size, or adding proper error handling can be quick if it's localized to a scenario can probably be a hotfix. Whereas, with tuning, they have to make sure improving one thing doesn't make something else worse and likely more trial and error than a simple bug fix which is why a full patch cycle of development and testing makes more sense.
Holgrum - thanks!
Thank you very much at least at hotfix 10 I could play on Steam Deck alone.

This is after hotfix 11

Honestly I have enugh. I want my money back. This is a disgusting threatment. Why??? Agan noone tested this.
I just played before the patch.. Ppl sayed here that the game is fixed in act 3 . Now I don't have even the option to roll back.
I tryed to veryfied the game. No proton is makes the game work.
What options I have now.. Play Diablo 4...????

I have cupple of questions.:

How much time I need to wait until I can get a patch to play the game that I buyed???
Second is it possible to get back my money after month's I played the game just fine no graphic problem no issues I had just the difficulty . Then patch 4 came the game was unplayable in act 3 and split screen (actually it was broken after patch 3) just broke even more. Now I cannot even play on Steam Deck.
So is it possible to get a refund after 1160 hours?? I mean its clearly not my fault I liked the game til patch 4.
the lag is better but it's not fixed on ps5
The game will not launch on the steam deck after hotfix 11. I guess I don't get to play this weekend. It looks to me like testing needs to be done on all different platforms before these things are released. Patch 4 would not play on GeForce now and now hotfix 11 will not launch on the Steam Deck.
So there’s one thing you might want to try before you give up on playing for the weekend. I had an issue on my PC a couple of months ago where the game wouldn’t launch. It turned out that the problem was with the Larian launcher. But the good news is, you can actually skip this launcher and go straight from Steam to the game.

You can try going to the BG3 Steam page, then “settings,” then “properties,” scroll down to launch options, and then type a phrase in the launch options box to skip the Larian launcher. The phrase is:

—skip-launcher

(Two dashes, “skip,” one dash, “launcher”)

I hope this helps! It’s worth a try at least.
Thank you. I will give it a shot.
Running through the Lower City like a boss on a PC. Thanks!
I hope this gets sorted for everyone else, too.
Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately it has not solved the problem. It looks like Larian has to fix the problem.
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
So there’s one thing you might want to try before you give up on playing for the weekend. I had an issue on my PC a couple of months ago where the game wouldn’t launch. It turned out that the problem was with the Larian launcher. But the good news is, you can actually skip this launcher and go straight from Steam to the game.

You can try going to the BG3 Steam page, then “settings,” then “properties,” scroll down to launch options, and then type a phrase in the launch options box to skip the Larian launcher. The phrase is:

—skip-launcher

(Two dashes, “skip,” one dash, “launcher”)

I hope this helps! It’s worth a try at least.

The launcher is disabled for SteamDeck users.
With that the bug report as well.
I am just saying they did this on purpose.
And you can see this on the video there is no launcher the game just boots into the game w/o having the opted to choose directx or Vulcan.
Aw, darn it.
After the reports here I had worried that it may be broken on Linux via Wine (bg3_dx11.exe), but no: works like before after updating via lgogdownloader.

Thank you!
Originally Posted by Aideen_asbjorn
The animation when Astarion
is trying to find out what his scars say
is still broken. When are you going to fix that?

It's fine for me after this hotfix.
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
Originally Posted by Aideen_asbjorn
The animation when Astarion
is trying to find out what his scars say
is still broken. When are you going to fix that?

It's fine for me after this hotfix.

Yes, i thought my game had been updated, but it hadn't. After updating I saw the scene and it was fine.
Fix for blacked out maps/minimap? No? Kissing animations were more important, huh?
Urgh. Act 3 still hideously broken on Mac. I think my save games must be buggy at this point. No choice but to restart. frown
Originally Posted by obregon
Fix for blacked out maps/minimap? No? Kissing animations were more important, huh?
Different teams involved?
Thanks for the hotfix, Larian. Appreciate the work, but two hotfixes for one patch may suggest the amount of playtesting that is done is inadequate/disproportional to the massive scale of the game. It also bears reminding that Minthara has been bugged since launch and Larian have seemingly chosen to ignore her issues for a prolonged amount of time.

The state of the ending/epilogues available has also demotivated me from finishing my third playthrough. I have decided to stop playing to allow myself to get invested in other games. Hopefully when I come back in a few months or so, the game will have improved significantly. Maybe winning GOTY will motivate the team to work even harder than before. Cheers smile
I have not tried this latest patch. As of last week, Act 3 was fully broken and unplayable on PS5.
Originally Posted by rendemption
Thanks for the hotfix, Larian. Appreciate the work, but two hotfixes for one patch may suggest the amount of playtesting that is done is inadequate/disproportional to the massive scale of the game. It also bears reminding that Minthara has been bugged since launch and Larian have seemingly chosen to ignore her issues for a prolonged amount of time.

The state of the ending/epilogues available has also demotivated me from finishing my third playthrough. I have decided to stop playing to allow myself to get invested in other games. Hopefully when I come back in a few months or so, the game will have improved significantly. Maybe winning GOTY will motivate the team to work even harder than before. Cheers smile

Same same, I’m gonna give it until the new year and see what state the game is in then. Hopefully act 3 will be closer to a finished product, including endings and epilogues.
Larian, what’s going on?

You provided a perfectly working game with acceptable bugs and quirks on the PS5.
Then about ten days ago you broke the game on PS5 COMPLETELY.

What avenue for support and help do we, paying customers, have?

Act 3 is is UNPLAYABLE. I have several videos with examples, if you’d care to see them. But more importantly, when can we expect a public apology?

If you don’t think it is needed, have power up a PS5 and try to play five minutes of Act 3. No sensible person would feel proud of the experience the game provides after the latest patch.

The apology would be best received with a roadmap and promised date for a fix, like CDPR did with Cyberpunk. Both products have proven to have been released in an unfinished, untested state.
Originally Posted by gamer153
Larian, what’s going on?

You provided a perfectly working game with acceptable bugs and quirks on the PS5.
Then about ten days ago you broke the game on PS5 COMPLETELY.

What avenue for support and help do we, paying customers, have?

Act 3 is is UNPLAYABLE. I have several videos with examples, if you’d care to see them. But more importantly, when can we expect a public apology?

If you don’t think it is needed, have power up a PS5 and try to play five minutes of Act 3. No sensible person would feel proud of the experience the game provides after the latest patch.

The apology would be best received with a roadmap and promised date for a fix, like CDPR did with Cyberpunk. Both products have proven to have been released in an unfinished, untested state.

Do you make actual bug reports on their support site? I’m on ps5 too, and I’m sending plenty of detailed reports that they kindly respond to and inform me if it’s already a known issue or unreported. Granted, you can’t send videos - only screen caps, but that’s where I choose to write more in detail ‘what, when and where’ - so they have a chance to find the issues more easily.
https://www.gamesradar.com/baldurs-gate-3-players-on-ps5-say-act-3-is-unplayable-after-a-new-patch/

They know about this they just don't care.
They don't even responded to the journalist.
Its ok to be a fan of the game. But to be a fanatic isn't.
A fanatic will stay in the burning building and die. While the fan will be alive and he will be just disappointed.

It isn't a nice thing to attack ppl when they are pointing out real problems and having serious issues . We had fun to play this game til patch 2-3 w/o any serious issues. No we don't have fun but we also don't have the possibility to roll back.
Ah, I know that there are a lot of issues right now, but it’s still one of the best games I’ve ever played. They’ll get it all sorted. Eventually. I believe in them.
Before hotfix 11 Steam would correctly detect the DualSense controller I use and show me Playstation glyphs, even if I had enabled Steam input support.

Since hotfix 11 however, when Steam Input support is enabled, the game keeps defaulting to Steam Input and therefore showing Xbox glyphs. It also keeps throwing 'controller not found' messages at random, interrupting play.

I fixed this by disabling Steam Input for Playstation controllers in the Steam/settings/controller menu. This both re-enabled the Playstation glyphs and stopped the error messages.

Nothing major but perhaps it's useful to others who are experiencing this problem or maybe important to devs diagnosing the current problems reported by controller users more widely.
Originally Posted by EmDaMo
Do you make actual bug reports on their support site? I’m on ps5 too, and I’m sending plenty of detailed reports that they kindly respond to and inform me if it’s already a known issue or unreported. Granted, you can’t send videos - only screen caps, but that’s where I choose to write more in detail ‘what, when and where’ - so they have a chance to find the issues more easily.
Honestly, I love the game to bits, but it has gotten to a point where I can't even be bothered to send bug reports - much less detailed ones. I also reported a lot of bugs prior to Patch 4, and they replied they were working on it. Guess what? They're still there.

They're not in Early Access anymore. We shouldn't have to do the work for them. The recent changes have made it clear to me they're not doing a lot of playtesting. I really wish they would just come forward and tell us what they're currently working on, etc. Just a crumb of communication between updates.
It actually didnt
Originally Posted by gamer153
I have not tried this latest patch. As of last week, Act 3 was fully broken and unplayable on PS5.

And it is still. I can literally Do nothing in the under City but walk around a Not fully loaded area while every npc and companion is freezed on Spot. You cant interact with anything for Minutes till the game Catches up Just to freeze 5 seconds later again. This really makes me sad as it is my first playthrough and the first two Acts were so Stunning and absolutly the best experience gaming experience since elden ring for me. Im sad
I kinda Felt really Bad For Yu Bro..
and yu are in your First Playthrough yet and had to experience something like that..

in Truth im avoiding this Forum and the Game at All..
im Glad i Get to Beat hin already at Least 2 times Running Ok was in Lounch and 2.0
Becouse after 3.0 the game turn into a Frustration for me.
evry new Patch i Wiped out evrything and Start a New Run Just to Come across new Crazy Bugs..
so far stop conting on 11 but i bet i did more.
becouse sometimes i just deleted the game when i get to act 3.
at Least act 1,2 i did more then 20 times already.

and im just waiting now.. taking a really good time off this Game..
maybe someday if i Had a chance again in my Life..
i Give another Try.

and dont Get me Wrong the Real Sad thing for me its that like many already said..
the Act 1,2 of this Game its Something i Never Saw Before in Any Game..
some come Closer to Me but the first and second act of this Game is So Complex.. that really felt like Real Life..
Evrything yu Say and Do.. Will Have a Consequence.. amazing like Real Table Top.
and to see the Game going so Bad this Way..
and to see that Larian its already wanting to Move On from the Game..
Dont Know.. i cant see any Light for this Game in the end of the Tunnel anymore..
Originally Posted by Thorvic
the Act 1,2 of this Game its Something i Never Saw Before in Any Game..
some come Closer to Me but the first and second act of this Game is So Complex.. that really felt like Real Life..
Evrything yu Say and Do.. Will Have a Consequence.. amazing like Real Table Top.

I have to disagree here. Yes, of course, BG3 is complex and the quest design is very intelligent. But not everything you do and say directly influences what happens in the world. That's not true. I think it's also time to demystify the magic of BG3. Yes, there are connections and many decisions vary in the course of the game. Nevertheless, in the end you've chosen either Side A or Side B. The possibilities of decisions may seem extensive at first glance but the actual tangible consequences are manageable. It's far from the case that a single different choice leads to a completely different outcome. This impression is often created. The paths to solutions are sometimes very broad, yes, but the end result is often either/or, not to mention that decisions in Act 1 have any significant impact on things in Act 2 or Act 3. Yes, there are some effects here but they are not the norm. Each act is, for the most part, self-contained. This becomes evident in the respective endings, where almost nothing from the decisions made during the game is picked up or mentioned. I'm not saying that it's all poorly done; on the contrary, but I'm starting to be bothered by how BG3 is elevated far beyond what it ultimately is
Dear Larian,

Can you at least say whether we should expect the patch next week or week after or should we just play other games in the meantime?
Honestly I don't want explanation apology or anything like that.
What I want is 4 things on the next patch note.

Laag stutter fixed.
Couch coop fixed.
BG3 is working again on SteamDeck.

Added new feature to select older patch versions.

This should be priority . They should focus on those things.
The rest can come with hotfix or this should be a hotfix.
Game is currently unplayable in Act 3. Larian, Darlings, please fix this. I know you're super excited about being up for Game of the Year, but, again, please fix this.
Originally Posted by V_Ben
[*] Wyll and Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without the need to retrigger the dialogue.

wait...what exactly are we talking about here
Best Option at the Moment its to Drop off from the Game..
Better to Play another Stuff, give a really Brake from the Game like im Doing..
and Maybe yu will not end up like me.
i Went from Loving the Game to Hating hin more at evry Patch they Release..haha
and Now i really dont see a Lot of Meaning in Turning Back or even Buy anything Larian Made again.

(the Best option for then at the Moment its to Forget about increase the Game in content, Fix whats unplayable and Drop the Old Patchs to Roll Back to the Version yu want..)
This hotfix totally borked my Act III Durge campaign, which is taking a massive hit on performance now. Like down to a complete crawl at Wyrm's Rock to face Gortash. I wasn't sure what peeps meant when they'd say Act III had become unplayable, but yeah this is horrid. Fiddling with the video settings doesn't seem to do anything for this in Dx11. In Vulkan changing the video settings causes an immediate CTD.

Playing on a Raider GE68HX13V laptop, RTX 4060 configuration. I legit ponied up for this one at launch specifically to play BG3 cause the price was right at the time (though of course swooping anything at the end of summer will always be depressing when blackest friday deals invariably roll around a few months later lol) still, BG3 was super smooth and buttery this whole time, up till like a week ago.

I was in that awkward position of deciding whether I wanted a better i9 CPU and a 40 series GPU at a super steep discount, or a slightly older but more stacked variant with the RTX 30 series. I opted for the 40 series frame gen with zero regrets, cause it kept things nice and cool and had me playing at 1600p with no major issues using DLSS, which felt like a total triumph.

Still kinda baffled here, since it was working so perfectly before.

ps. attempting this for the workaround, although I'm trying to decide if I really want to roll the dice this weekend. Anytime I try to go under the hood seems like a hotfix shows up the next day, so I just have terrible timing probably lol. Anyway, might help if you're in the same boat, found via suggestion in the discord...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/17shjen/fix_for_act_3_delay_bug_pc_only/
Honestly even if I whould have a PC i whould not do this.
Do you really trust strangers? Official is always better.
safety matters
On PS5 wouldn't do you any good there I don't think. I'm not sure if anyone who hasn't already experimented with mods and such would be very inclined to try fixing stuff via the command console or poking around in files and txt edit to get rid of duplicates causing the lag, but then if it's a long weekend and holidays, who knows lol. I struggle with it myself. Having steam support for mods and to help curate would be nice because then more users would probably play around with it. I'm still working through the vanilla game though. The only hiccups I had before this were some minor audio stutter, some jank with portraits (though that seems to have been fixed) and the occasional acid trip visual which I just put down to DLSS upscaling, but this is got me grinding to a halt. I had completed another save Patch 4 hotfix 10, so feels like it must be something with 11?

ps. I was able to strong-arm it by coming at the crossing from the other side, then trying to run the battle getting superscummy. Ran well enough with DLSS upscale from 1200p to 1600p, like I couldn't really tell the difference. I don't know what all it's trying to call up that reduplicated, but I just camped the areas with tons of guards and merchants, using the horder Drow Durge. I think cause we didn't hit Gortash immediately maybe, or Minthara had other ideas cause she's still been pretty quiet, but returning to Wyrms Rock had me crawling hard. Luckily Lae'zel was there to pick up the slack on this one hehe. Took like an hour to get it sorted. I think I remember someone else mentioning similar haywire/highwire antics of this sort a little while back when they took a similar approach to the coronation ceremony. Shadowheart did most of the heavy lifting to rescue my save with Dimension Door out the back though. She's hella chosen now! lol. Somehow when I transitioned from the rock to the dock, she drifted off by herself to Volo's usual spot, but between all the barrels. I was able to fast travel her out after a couple attempts back to camp. Not sure where it'll go from here, but I'll take it I guess. Fingers crossed

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

it's a long weekend here in the USA, but not in the EU. I am sure that one day after the patch dropped PS5 owners were complaining about it. This sounds a lot like the PS3 save glitch on Skyrim back in the day. Bugthesda finally got around to fixing it but it wasn't a good look on them and is not a good look for Larian Studios right now. I would hope that their senior management would make fixing this a top priority or at least improve the communication and information flow to the players. We would understand IF THEY GAVE US A REASONABLE EXPLANATION, IN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME.
My bet that we should expect a patch by the end of the second week of december
Patch is scheduled for this week and supposedly will be fixing the Act 3 issue.
[spoilers] I have exactly the same problem on PC. Although the game has always had one or another problem, this is the first time that it has happened to me that I cannot continue the campaign. However, games started from previous versions apparently have no problems.
In addition to not being able to continue Act 3, I also cannot save Mayrina from Aunt Ethel because the fighting does not start.
Originally Posted by sublimeclown
Patch is scheduled for this week and supposedly will be fixing the Act 3 issue.

How long for the subsequent hotfixes after that to fix what they will undoubtedly screw up?
Originally Posted by Tom Imp
How long for the subsequent hotfixes after that to fix what they will undoubtedly screw up?

Hopefully within days lol.
I Bet they will Drop Tomorrow or Day 1.
they always do this..
Since this patch, The new button to access Companions inventory in camp. I have an issue that when i click on the button Only Wyll's inventory will show. I have two comapanions in camp that are not in party, Astarion and Wyll, but only Wyll's inventory will show I can not get anyone elses to show.
© Larian Studios forums