Larian Studios
Posted By: Jess Larian Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 07:40 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello Everyone!

Today’s small hot-fix focuses on solving some bugs & crashes getting in the way of your adventures.

Each time you play the game, you help us to find these sorts of issues and your support tickets, Forum and Reddit posts help us narrow down issues, too. Thank you for being with us through Early Access, it means the world to us.

We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!

Changelist:

• Fixed a crash when stepping out of running water
  • Fixed a rare crash related to animation states
  • Fixed a crash when party members use jump to follow
  • Fixed behaviour scripting causing crashes when starting a dialog fails
  • Fixed thread safety issue in Physx
Posted By: mrfuji3 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
nicenicenicenicenicenice. Here's hoping for some specific examples, particularly about things that haven't been changed in-game yet.
Posted By: The Composer Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 07:58 PM
Hype-train! Choo choo!
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 08:00 PM
YES! This is the best news I have heard all week!
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 08:15 PM
Yay! ^_^
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 08:42 PM
I can't believe this morning I made a meme about the fact there won't be a new patch this week, and here's a hot fix!

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

But it's more important to me that you finally said you'd be back soon with something more. Well, I hope it will be really soon.
Posted By: Jess Larian Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Nyloth
I can't believe this morning I made a meme about the fact there won't be a new patch this week, and here's a hot fix!

Thank you for the blessing of the meme.
Posted By: VenusP Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 09:29 PM
High hopes.

This is actually very funny.
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 09:54 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for the update! I've never encountered those crashes personally, but thank you for fixing them. Can't wait for more details about how my favourite game is shaping up! laugh laugh laugh
Wooooooot!!!!
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 10:52 PM
Looking forward to the upcoming community update! smile
Posted By: MarcoNeves Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 11:53 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello Everyone!

Today’s small hot-fix focuses on solving some bugs & crashes getting in the way of your adventures.

Each time you play the game, you help us to find these sorts of issues and your support tickets, Forum and Reddit posts help us narrow down issues, too. Thank you for being with us through Early Access, it means the world to us.

Changelist:

• Fixed a crash when stepping out of running water
  • Fixed a rare crash related to animation states
  • Fixed a crash when party members use jump to follow
  • Fixed behaviour scripting causing crashes when starting a dialog fails
  • Fixed thread safety issue in Physx

Thank you Jess, and Larian Team for your continued efforts on this amazing game! We are with you all the way!
Posted By: Bomor Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/05/21 11:58 PM
Hi Jess, the GOG offline installer shows "Patch (4.1.104.3536 EA to 4.1.106.9344 Submission)".

Just wanted to check back if that is correct since none of the previous patches/hotfixes had "Submission" in the filename so far. Thanks!
Posted By: Jess Larian Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Bomor
Hi Jess, the GOG offline installer shows "Patch (4.1.104.3536 EA to 4.1.106.9344 Submission)".

Just wanted to check back if that is correct since none of the previous patches/hotfixes had "Submission" in the filename so far. Thanks!

That's the right one, I'm chasing the team as to why the the word Submission is in there. Thanks for flagging!
Posted By: Bomor Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 01:14 AM
Thanks for confirming, Jess. By the way, I noticed that the word "Submission" is not only in the patch filename but also in the filenames of the latest game installation files, available in the GOG offline installer section.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 10:02 AM

Great news ! I can't wait to read you !
Posted By: Thespen Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 11:24 AM
Once again a small hot fix that is large on GOG - this time 24.55GB

I have no idea if this is Larians or GoGs fault but i would recommend one uses Gog for this game till it's fixed
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 11:39 AM
Steam had only 40mb or thereabouts for this hotfix.
Wondering if the Gog install is fixing some of its own files at the same time?
I can dream that it's pre-loading Patch 5 but it might be too much to hope for? :P
Posted By: Jess Larian Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bomor
Thanks for confirming, Jess. By the way, I noticed that the word "Submission" is not only in the patch filename but also in the filenames of the latest game installation files, available in the GOG offline installer section.

I saw the same thing when I checked. I'm being told it's all good so 🤷
Posted By: Pyro Devil Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 02:41 PM
Maybe a future patch will be titled 'Rebellion' to counter that one wink
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 05:23 PM
My hopes are up, please don't break my heart Larian.
Posted By: Waltc Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/05/21 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Thespen

I have no idea if this is Larians or GoGs fault but i would recommend one uses Gog for this game till it's fixed

Yes, it said "24.55GB" but it didn't download and install anything close to 24.55GB...;) Indeed, the total patch was just a few GBs in scope as the patch actually started for me somewhere around the 21GB mark and concluded a few minutes later. Total time was about ten minutes (or less.)

Apparently, the hotfix was installed over the tail-end of the last 24.55GB patch--instead of repeating that entire download. I was not running Galaxy earlier, so it wasn't downloading in the background--unless Galaxy can now download & update my GOG games even when Galaxy isn't running! If that's so, this is the first I've heard about that...;)

Anyway--looks like you were a little premature on the trigger, there, Thespen. I can definitely recommend this update for Galaxy users--I see nothing about it that is "broken" thus far.

Wanted to add: this is the first time I've seen this, so maybe they've been refining the GOG update scenario through Galaxy...
Posted By: ShinyBuddha Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 14/05/21 07:36 AM

Small hot-fix? What you talking about willis?!?! It landed at 24.55GB!!1!1!oneone (GOG all the way)

As a side note, playing the same Act for 9 months isn't my forte. Once we get some Act 2 lovin' you'll get a slew of QA/QC data from me.
Posted By: OldybutG00dy Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/05/21 04:08 PM
I'll admit I have definitely slowed down considerably on the amount I play so I don't totally burn myself out before the game actually releases. I'm sure I'll pick it up again on the next big update but honestly I've played act I so many times now with so many combinations of characters that the excitement has worn off quite a bit. Hopefully the game is still picking up enough new users so that a good quantity of feedback - and some new opinions - will keep flowing in while those of us that are on our 10,000 playthrough start to slow down.
Posted By: Thespen Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/05/21 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Waltc

Yes, it said "24.55GB" but it didn't download and install anything close to 24.55GB...;) Indeed, the total patch was just a few GBs in scope as the patch actually started for me somewhere around the 21GB mark and concluded a few minutes later. Total time was about ten minutes (or less.)

Apparently, the hotfix was installed over the tail-end of the last 24.55GB patch--instead of repeating that entire download. I was not running Galaxy earlier, so it wasn't downloading in the background--unless Galaxy can now download & update my GOG games even when Galaxy isn't running! If that's so, this is the first I've heard about that...;)

Anyway--looks like you were a little premature on the trigger, there, Thespen. I can definitely recommend this update for Galaxy users--I see nothing about it that is "broken" thus far.

Wanted to add: this is the first time I've seen this, so maybe they've been refining the GOG update scenario through Galaxy...

I'm glad it was just a couple of gigs for you.

I'm playing a multiplayer game so I did download to continue playing with my team mates but while a little bit smaller than the 24+ gigs it still downloaded over 21 gigs (and for at least 2 others people I play with/know).

Also my internet is not too bad and is the fastest internet available in my area atm ( hopefully FTTP is coming here this year, which will fix the problem for me smile But what about those who can't get fast internet or heaven forbid have to pay for the amount they down load (and yes some areas of the world have these issues). So I stand by my original comment, thanks.
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 16/05/21 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
YES! This is the best news I have heard all week!

Truly? I'm not even sure about what it means.
Posted By: Kerro Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 17/05/21 09:25 AM
For once we seem to be agreeing. What on earth does that mean? A community update about blah blah blah. What we all want is a whopping big update to the game.
Posted By: MarcoNeves Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 17/05/21 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Kerro
For once we seem to be agreeing. What on earth does that mean? A community update about blah blah blah. What we all want is a whopping big update to the game.

Oh be quiet, Debbie Downer. Learn patience. No, you are not a patient person.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 17/05/21 06:15 PM
It is what is said, they will actually finally go into detail about what feedback they are parsing and how. Right now Larian has been more or less secretive in that we don't even know if us talking here impacts anything, this will finally give us definitive answers and make it easier for us to actually give feedback and make this game the best it can be.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 17/05/21 08:11 PM
It is what is said, they will actually finally go into detail about what feedback they are parsing and how. Right now Larian has been more or less secretive in that we don't even know if us talking here impacts anything, this will finally give us definitive answers and make it easier for us to actually give feedback and make this game the best it can be.

Larian : "we learned reading you that missing is really a problem in BG3. We added loaded dice to help you but our data showed that it's not enough.
We decided to add another homebrew : now players will be able to stack advantages/disadvantages"

"Us" : 😳
Posted By: Niara Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 18/05/21 12:08 AM
It worries me, talking about their in game telemetry and how they draw from that, since what we've seen so far is that they look at blunt character action data gathering pools, and then jump to their own completely unfounded wild conclusions about what players want or like based on that, and then claim they're listening to us when they make changes based upon that. That's what we've seen so far... I'm interested to see them explain it from their perspective, but it doesn't sound like they have any intention of diverging from this method, which is depressing.
Posted By: Waltc Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 19/05/21 04:54 PM
I'm glad it was just a couple of gigs for you.

I'm playing a multiplayer game so I did download to continue playing with my team mates but while a little bit smaller than the 24+ gigs it still downloaded over 21 gigs (and for at least 2 others people I play with/know).

And my internet is not too bad and is the fastest internet available in my area atm ( hopefully FTTP is coming here this year, which will fix the problem for me smile But what about those who can't get fast internet or heaven forbid have to pay for the amount they down load (and yes some areas of the world have these issues). So I stand by my original comment, thanks.

Thanks for the update on the multiplayer--didn't know Larian had put any time into multiplayer as of now.

Yes, it was a couple of gigs--but I also downloaded a 24GB patch, too, in the past. You keep saying that something's "broken"...but I can't see that anything is broken. I mean--Larian is creating the patches and the fixes, and the patches work and install just fine from what I've seen. I don't see that anything Larian is doing is broken.

Can you maybe set your system up to download when you go to sleep at night, etc? There are ways to address such problems--we've all had to do so at one time or another in the past.

I don't understand your notion that games and patches should all fit on a floppy drive, apparently, and if they don't--they are broken...;) AAA games in 2021 can be as much as, and often more than, 60-80GBs when installed, with multiple tens of gigabytes of high-res (4k) textures included for 4k--some textures compress OK, others don't.

I guess my point is that it was you who signed on to the EA edition of the game. You are going to be doing so much more downloading of patch after patch than the person who waits until the game ships--or the person who waits until the game is finalized, etc.

You mention "what about the people with slow download access"? What about them? I don't get it...;) There are tens of millions of people globally who have no Internet at all, or who have slow Internet, but no hardware capable of playing a game like BG3. Are they Larian's fault as well? Is Larian to blame for what you perceive to be inequity? I don't think so.

I'm not trying to be hard to get along with--but you are talking to someone who suffered through years and years of dial-up modem Internet access so slow you wouldn't believe it today. Yet, ways exist to do and get the things you want even on modem tech so slow it's beyond obsolete today--and you are nowhere near that level of byte deprivation...;)

Instead of complaining and calling realities you don't like "broken," try and figure out ways to maximize the resources you have. Don't just sit there and wait until someone "fixes" it for you--do what you can for yourself with what you've got and you will be surprised at what you can accomplish. Criticism and blame are easy, but what's the pay-off? Not much, imo.

If the files are too big to download in ten minutes then download while you sleep or you are at work or in school, etc. Find workarounds to your problem--they exist, believe me.

Good news! I just downloaded and installed a 3.9MB patch through Galaxy for BG3! It, too, wasn't broken as it installed just fine...;)

Take care...I have no doubt you can work it out...;)
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

Hmm, Steam Database today shows both Patch 5 EA and Patch 5 Main branches updated at the exact same time... does that mean anything? Who knows!
Sigh. I'm trying to be as reasonable, patient and accepting as possible, but even I am twitching in anticipation of some kind of news/update/breadcrumbs... smile
Posted By: Blackheifer Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Alexandrite
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz

Hmm, Steam Database today shows both Patch 5 EA and Patch 5 Main branches updated at the exact same time... does that mean anything? Who knows!
Sigh. I'm trying to be as reasonable, patient and accepting as possible, but even I am twitching in anticipation of some kind of news/update/breadcrumbs... smile

Sadly the discussion that was had over this was that - no it doesn't mean anything.

I am 99% certain we won't see an update until during or after E3. Sorz.
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 05:01 PM
Trying to follow Steam Database is (almost) always a fools errand akin to reading sheep entrails. Not worth the brainpower or time.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 06:32 PM
Well, its shows us that there actualy IS at least SOMETHING happening with this game ...
That is not a bad deal, if you ask me ... much more that what you get from some other studios. :-/
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 08:17 PM
I meant in the sense of "trying to figure out when patches will come out" but yeah I get what you're saying
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 09:29 PM
Yeah. They're losing me. Not gonna lie. I can only take so much of the same convos and the same gameplay and such.

If they don't give people something soon...
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Yeah. They're losing me. Not gonna lie. I can only take so much of the same convos and the same gameplay and such.

If they don't give people something soon...

Well - we're not supposed to be playing the same game over and over again for the full year of EA just to test bugs. That'd be a sure way to burn out.

I've been re-playing Dragon Age: Inquisition while taking a break waiting for an update and/or Patch 5 here... I won't lie though, this game has got me hooked, like no other game has in years (except the Dragon Age series, but that was a while back). That's why I'm here on the forums every day!! smile
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 10:48 PM
I won't lie though, this game has got me hooked, like no other game has in years
Same! smile
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 24/05/21 11:58 PM
*sigh* i wish i could say the same frown
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 25/05/21 02:43 AM
I was too, but lack of any real communication is wearing on me. I've played so much of it and chatted so much about the same issues with NO responses from Larian. Its just disheartening. Are they going to implement ANYone's suggestions?
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 25/05/21 03:13 AM
Yeah and being that my big issues with the game are more structural than anything (IE not the sort of thing that really gets fixed in Early Access), I'm left being not too optimistic about the final result frown
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 26/05/21 06:05 AM
Larion is horrible for communication and new patch info if you havent figured it out theres no one really covering the game at the moment because everyones gotten bored of not having new toys. I only even check back like every few days now to see if theres notes on a new patch cause its gotten boring that there has been zero updates. I switched to playing other stuff. It was ok for a but but were over due a patch by about a month now. Its disheartening to see there lack of communication and effort. To keep people up todate with a road map. Of all the companies putting out games at the moment despite the game is good. Larion is the worst overall for communication.

They release such small amounts of stuff in patches as well currently that when things are updated they dont give people enough to do to last 3 -4 months while they patch 1 new addition it feels like they should be alot more efficient for content additions by this point. When games like pathfinder are releaseing like 4 classes full set of new visuals additional story content and a full wave of things to keep people busy and people haven even finished the beta access content. Meanwhile larion is releasing small patchs fixing 4-5 bugs and then you get nothing new really. Its the biggest disappointment about the game. The next time the release new content people might not even notice for a month at the rate things are going.
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 26/05/21 06:54 AM
Yeah I really don't get why they don't have a roadmap. Even one without dates. Seems like such an obvious thing to do.
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 26/05/21 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by qwerrecd42
Yeah I really don't get why they don't have a roadmap. Even one without dates. Seems like such an obvious thing to do.

it is something obvious that should be addressed i brought it up several months ago there was alot of dispute that it wasnt needed ect ect. Larion has never addressed ever in any discussions that I have found anywhere online about producing a road map and currently I wouldnt expect it they are the worst of the CRPG companies for communication with people. Even the people who were regularly releasing news to the public have disassociated with the game for the time being because its bad for streamers content wise unless your felicia day and you can get 5000 people viewing you no matter what you play / do then its a negative to stream content for you you would lose money doing it.

I use to stream it stopped streaming content for it because it just became not worth it. Not because the game is bad just the content is stale and larions communication makes it even worst. You get around 20-80 viewers at peek. When we had a new content patch it went up to around 160-320. But alot of people didnt revisit it as well. I know a few other people who streamed it that are bigger end that didnt revisit it with the last patch cause there just wasnt enough added to entice them. I revisited it but i finished all the new content in about 2 weeks and ran out of new options to give me enough emph to keep playing it without news I dont think ill bother playing it again till a new patch and if its during the summer I with things where I live opening up more so I may not even bother playing over the summer. I would need alot of content to have a chance to be worth taking time off being outside to come in and play the game even for a few hours.

There are alot of people who play it there preferred classes are not even in the game let alone races. Which is a big downside. At 4 months a patch they really should be doing more and a road map is a minimum start to what they should be doing.

The lack of roadmap personally as a player for me is very dissappointing even if they dont make the target dates its the effort they put in that matters. Larion basically hasnt made an effort. I went and put 780.00 on a kickstarter for a different game just because the game litterly had a road map to all the content they were releaseing with timelines for it because they promisted a minimum of at least news on any delays. Thats the thing with BG 3 thats dissapointing we have no idea what is even being worked on let alone an idea whats coming out.

This is my opinion only but if they wanted to show they cared about what people thought you would see things like "We are going to be releasing paladin next, our estimate is june 12th we are also working on barbarian to follow it up in august and around sept / november we have orcs and sorcerers in the works" even if they didnt make the date listed coming on and saying hey were running a little late due to delays is fine.

Druid came out and they got given some head way. Saying hey we can load content up faster. So alot of people let it slide they had been waiting 5 months for a content patch here we got the same thing happening again. I would be surpised if Felica day was hired to stream it to keep people interested. Not to say that is the truth because I honestly wouldnt know that but it would be a tactic i could see used to keep interest. Because there content release rate is abysmal its bad. Its like bottom of the barrel bad for a company that came out saying we are releasing this because we love DND. You would expect at least test versions of content to come out alot faster when they say that and to want to be way more engaged with people.

Hearthstone...Im just using this as an example they have a much smaller developement team. Despite being with blizzard entertainment the specific team that handles that game is much smaller. The director intereacts with fans once a week. The developement team releases news every week once outside that with upcoming content changes that are being looked at ect.

It would be nice to see that kind of effort from larion where they came in here and ran a q&a weekly with the forums especially since its there own forums. Even if they dont give you a clear cut answer it would show an effort. Or teasing little things without giving to much information thats what we should be seeing. I am sure there are tons of people would love to interview the developers who stream once a week. It doesnt just boost larion it boosts the streamer they are speaking to so.

Communication is larions worst aspect as a design team.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 26/05/21 08:04 AM
Same here I started a youtube channel 1 year ago and as a fan, I made a lot of video about BG3.

It's a very small channel, I'm learning how it works but it's clear that players are really hyped about the game.
As soon as there are new informations to share I have a lot of view/new subscriber but 3 monthes without any interresting informations is way too much to keep the hype really high.

With a roadmap and even small communication every 2/4 weeks (data, employees interview or anything else),
I guess big/good BG3 youtuber/streamer like Wolfheart could keep the hype at 150% during the whole EA without it ever going down.

But hey... After you streamed your grandmother playing the game... What else can you do if devs aren't giving you something ?
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 27/05/21 09:51 PM
If you look at general life expectency of content its typically around 1 month with just a new class and nothing else sometimes youll toy with that get 1 extra month out of it at that point your done. While there was work done playing 1-3 characters on average per play through your dulling out last patch added druid which was nice it gave us things to play around with for a bit it was nice, but most of us expected a little more than druid and 4-5 items after 5 months of waiting. In comparison to the WOTR release after 2 months you see 5 classes racial updates character designer updates dozens of new items additional zones like the amount of content was alot more on net for a shorter period of time. I personally get it if they were improving the load time for content but now were going on 4 months again after they statement myself I was expecting like april teaser content. Were heading into june nothing new thats not promising.
Posted By: EvilVik Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 28/05/21 07:06 AM
E3 in two weeks, so I doubt we'll get anything until then smile
Posted By: Aazo Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 02/06/21 05:20 AM
I think I will play Biomutant while I wait for the next communication.
Posted By: Kerro Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 02/06/21 08:39 AM
Anything new happening. Nope I didn't think so.
Posted By: Bufotenina Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 03/06/21 06:24 PM
I just hope this doesn't end like Vampires bloodlines 2.
Posted By: Blackheifer Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 03/06/21 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Bufotenina

Totally different situation. This is Larians only real project now. They have 7 Studios working on it. Paradox has their hands in 20 cookie jars and had contracted out Bloodlines to another studio that didn't meet their timelines and now they have a mess on their hands. Big studios with too many projects are a blight on the gaming landscape, especially RPG's which are high-investment projects.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 03/06/21 07:20 PM
That can never happen ...
Larians are developing the game themselves, Paradox hired HSL to do the job ...
And as it seems, they didnt check too often. :-/
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 04/06/21 12:20 PM

Poor communication from Larian, but it can't be denied development is happening. Plus, Wizards is likely being kept in the loop.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 04/06/21 12:41 PM

Unlikely cause this is the main project of Larian, and rn their budget is fairly big and their timeframe ostensibly just as big. If this game does not finish, even poorly, that'd have to be because of some big disaster.
Posted By: etonbears Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 05/06/21 10:22 PM
Their biggest problem might be over-ambition and lack of focus. Looking through all their job specs ( basically, looking for just about every game dev role ), and the way they keep adding new studios while not really saying very much about what they are actually doing, suggests to me that the project may be expanding like a spider web; but with less control smile
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 05/06/21 10:33 PM
While believable based on the logic you present, that would be very weird since this game is looking like it'll end up similar in size to DOS 2, which they apparently completed just fine.
Posted By: mrfuji3 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 05/06/21 10:39 PM
Also the studio they just added worked with Larian previously on porting DOS2 to the Switch, so if anything this move was more of a consolidation. The other studios can focus on the game development and not worry about porting.
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 05/06/21 11:27 PM
Ultimately I think Larian just wanted two bites at the apple in terms of sales. EA release day sales and "real" release day sales. Since they've got a huge fanbase from DOS 2 they can easily pull that off and ignore the forumites like myself who want actual engagement, since we're likely few and far between. It was just a way for them to get more money sooner.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 02:03 PM
While believable based on the logic you present, that would be very weird since this game is looking like it'll end up similar in size to DOS 2, which they apparently completed just fine.
Who knows. It's apparently supposed to be even bigger than DOS 2, but then again DOS 2 itself was originally supposed to be massively larger than what we got.
Swen Vincke himself told in a post-mortem that the entirely of the current game maps were supposed to make up only for the first "continent" of the game (the human one) and other of comparable overall size were planned for elves, dwarves and lizardmen.
Posted By: Kryldost Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 03:48 PM
You know what guys? What's being said lately made me realize something. Larian... Yeah Larian! YOU Larian! You should have waited until game was fully developped! Look at all these people with their crazy complaints, look at all the disapointment from people who played so much they burnt themselves out! Shame on you Larian, SHAME! Shame on giving us the sweet taste of a continuation of Baldur's gate! SHAME! Boo will rip your eyes out for this!

In all seriousness though, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. They were generous enough to grant early access, they listened to us when we found issues. They added content to let us know, its still going on. You're all so fucking impatient, go play something else instead of waiting on a game to be finished that isn't even finished yet. Finish your fully released game that's collecting dusts in your steam library, in your closet, in your trunks. I bet yall haven't even finished your nintendo and comodore games! Shame on you!
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 04:17 PM
lmao wut
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Kryldost
In all seriousness though, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. They were generous enough to grant early access, they listened to us when we found issues. They added content to let us know, its still going on. You're all so fucking impatient, go play something else instead of waiting on a game to be finished that isn't even finished yet. Finish your fully released game that's collecting dusts in your steam library, in your closet, in your trunks. I bet yall haven't even finished your nintendo and comodore games! Shame on you!
Infinite +1
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 04:56 PM
Sigh. I agree there is impatience. However, casting shame on people is inappropriate. I'm trying to be patient, but when all you get is radio silence without ANY idea what they are doing, it is hard to not be upset.

I'm frankly tired of having the same convos out here because there is literally nothing new to discuss. Why play anymore if I've exhausted all my suggestions and feedback and there is STILL no word about what is coming and when.

I'm just saying, people like me have been asking for some sort of news for MONTHS with absolutely no response. That is not the way a company should treat their customers, especially knowing WE are the crazy fans willing to help make the game awesome.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 05:00 PM
"Generous enough to grant early access"
Waw. The brainwashing really works.
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

Generous to grant early access!
After we paid for it ofc. Paid for the privilege of being unpaid testers.
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 05:15 PM
If they were actually acknowledging feedback then I'd agree there is too much impatience. But unfortunately they're not. They're treating us as if we don't exist outside of telemetry data points for their weirdly horny community updates. I think a little oopmh in our feedback is warranted at this point since apparently they need the jolt.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
I just buyed a game. O_o
If you paid for anything else, that shop probably screwed you. :P
Posted By: Kryldost Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

How do I wash my brain? I don't recommend cracking the skull, you'll stain your clothes!

Generous to grant early access!

They DEFINITELY did not have to let us play in EA, is what it means. You paid for the game, not the access.
Unless you expect to pay again when it's oficially released!
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 06:02 PM
They asked for feedback and for us to communicate with them, complaints and saying we don't like certain things are part of the process.
Also the impatience is not for content or even the fixes people are asking for, its mainly in the lack of communication. People actually want to talk with Larian and want to know what they are thinking and doing. If Larian said something like, "We are considering modifying the Chain/Unchain system.," you would probably see a sharp decline in people complaining about it. And if they said "We want to stick with with the Chain/Unchain system without any changes," there probably would be people who are miffed but at least we would know what their vision for the game is. There are some who are itching for new content or are getting burned out, but a majority of critiques brought up seem to be in writing and mechanics of the game.
Also the "generosity" of the EA goes both ways, they created a sort of social contract in which they present an unfinished game and we are supposed to play and critique it. Tell them what is working and what isn't working.
Posted By: Kryldost Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 06:14 PM
They asked for feedback and for us to communicate with them, complaints and saying we don't like certain things are part of the process.
Also the impatience is not for content or even the fixes people are asking for, its mainly in the lack of communication. People actually want to talk with Larian and want to know what they are thinking and doing. If Larian said something like, "We are considering modifying the Chain/Unchain system.," you would probably see a sharp decline in people complaining about it. And if they said "We want to stick with with the Chain/Unchain system without any changes," there probably would be people who are miffed but at least we would know what their vision for the game is. There are some who are itching for new content or are getting burned out, but a majority of critiques brought up seem to be in writing and mechanics of the game.
Also the "generosity" of the EA goes both ways, they created a sort of social contract in which they present an unfinished game and we are supposed to play and critique it. Tell them what is working and what isn't working.

The way it's being put reminds me of the whole no man sky episode. They released the game very early but then people weren't happy with the content. Technically, NMS was kind of an early access version, look where it is now. Started with little communication, trying to finish before deadlines working hard to make sure the game was stable. Now there's multiple patches being released (quite frequently) in order to improve the game. Making a game takes a lot of time and yes, feedback is important. If there's no response by 2022, then yeah I'll be pissed too! Right now though? Way too early to call for arms.
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 06:30 PM
2022 seems like a very arbitrary timeline. They've had plenty of time to read and digest forum feedback, and to see what things are liked, loved, disliked, hated, etc, and even to compile lists and priorities based off of that. They're a big boy company that can definitely walk and chew gum at the same time. I think we can reasonably have high expectations of them in this regard, especially when they said how much they valued player feedback.

As much of a mess as NMS was, it's a silly comparison to Larian and BG3. Hello Games is like 25 people total. Larian is in the hundreds, with multiple studios that are apparently supposed to mean the development is supposed to go quite fast, if their various allusions to "handing off work" are anything to go by. Now in reality it never goes that smoothly and they were painting a weirdly rosy picture of how a multi-studio, multi-timezone project works, but that's another discussion entirely.
Posted By: Kryldost Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 06:42 PM
2022 isn't a timeline yall should abide to. It's as far as I am willing to wait for proper updates on the progress of the developpement before getting angry, take out my pitchfork and start burning down the entire world.

As for the comparaison, I stand by it. Nms didn't have covid bullshit to deal with, Larian did though!
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 07:00 PM
"covid bullshit" explains slow development times (to an extent). It isn't an excuse for radio silence. Plenty of other companies are still happily engaging with customers, including game developers. You can still read forums, talk to people on said forums, and compiles lists of feedback and priorities while working from home.
Posted By: Kryldost Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 07:07 PM
I do not disagree, I still suggest patience though. Let's all join together with our pitchfork january first 2022 at each of our nearest Larian dungeon! If yall can convene on an earlier date I'll see wether I join or not in the bloodshed.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 08:36 PM
I do not disagree, I still suggest patience though. Let's all join together with our pitchfork january first 2022 at each of our nearest Larian dungeon! If yall can convene on an earlier date I'll see wether I join or not in the bloodshed.

Are you a kid out here just trying to piss people off? Just stop.

People are rightly upset for ZERO communication since when? February was it? March? We just want some communication and on things that are important. Even when they rolled out the Druid class they never addressed issues important to the players...THEIR CUSTOMERS. Any other business would have seriously lost their entire customer base by now.
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 08:40 PM

People are rightly upset for ZERO communication since when? February was it? March? We just want some communication and on things that are important. Even when they rolled out the Druid class they never addressed issues important to the players...THEIR CUSTOMERS. Any other business would have seriously lost their entire customer base by now.

Well, to be honest, they "talked" to us recently, saying that there will be a big community update soon... It wasn't in February and that's something.
Posted By: mrfuji3 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 08:58 PM

Well, to be honest, they "talked" to us recently, saying that there will be a big community update soon... It wasn't in February and that's something.
The problem here is that they didn't really talk to us, they more just announced that they would talk to us soon. It's similar to running into someone you know and saying "we should get coffee to talk about [thing] soon." Yes, technically words were said. But without a set date, it's kind of useless.

It's also been almost 4(?) weeks since Larian said that, which doesn't fit most people's ideas of "soon." If Larian was planning on releasing that community update 1-2 weeks ago but it got delayed, it'd be nice (not required of Larian, but courteous) for them to say "Hey we've been delayed sorry. Expect it in [2 weeks/sometime later this month]. Thanks for your patience." If they were always planning on releasing it 4+ weeks from the initial announcement, then it'd have been better if they used a better time estimate than "soon."
Posted By: Kryldost Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 09:14 PM
Honestly I don't think I'd be able myself to find any words to adress the community. You're all already very upset, can you imagine the number of message intake a staff member would get at this point? I'm not surprised they're steering clear from that degree of animosity regarding the delays. They still need to get ready for what they are working on at the moment. I'd probably wait after the patch release to adress what's next at the very least xD

Honestly that'd be cool too.

Still think you're all very impatient. If that really angers you, that's you. Progress takes time, but so does coding.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 09:16 PM
@ Kryldost. Yep. You're just trying to tick people off. Everyone just ignore him.

@mrfuji. Exactly. You were on the money.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 10:09 PM
Even when they rolled out the Druid class they never addressed issues important to the players...THEIR CUSTOMERS.
I am player ...
I am their customer ...

And they did addressed, and even adjusted (or fixed if you wish) several issues important to me. O_o

See that is main reason here ...
Unless they start to fix their problems, some people just keep repeating "they do nothing". frown

Lets look at it from the other site try to imagine a dinner for example ...
There is several millions of customers, only hunderts of employees, and so it works like that, they serve the "usual meal" ... and now lets say that thousands (plural) ordered something a little different, some are alergic to something, some dont like taste of something, some would like that taste but something is missing there ... so they start "suggesting" adjustments ...
Got it? Good. smile
Now imagine that that thousands of sustomers start to shout one abowe the other, that THEIR ORDER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT AROUND HERE, bcs they have the feeling that they want something that is quite common, since all their friends is ordering the same adjustment.
Or that THIS STAFF IS COMPLETELY USELESS SINCE I WAIT FOR MY ORDER TOO LONG ALLREADY!
Or that IS THIS DINNER EVEN WORKING?
And the other stuff you can read around here.

Doesnt that feel a little ungreatfull? :-/
And tell me honestly, if you would be employed in such dinner ... would you serve such guest? Honestly?
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 10:26 PM
"Hey I have this issue"

"Give them time and stop complaining!"

*8 months later*

"Hey I still have this issue that you haven't acknowledged, 8 months later"

"Stop complaining! Gosh no wonder they don't acknowledge you you're so TOXIC"

That's some top level mental gymnastics.

This place is a damn monk convent in terms of respect shown towards Larian. Even those of us with no confidence in the game direction readily acknowledge that plenty of people are fine with the current direction. We just want our concerns heard and acknowledged and to not be tone-policed by trolls when we show the slightest bit of passion on a subject.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 06/06/21 10:55 PM
Moderator note: this link has been removed.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 01:22 AM
Seriously, again, the issue is silence. It isn't so much that they haven't done MY personal updates. I work in the business world. If I don't tell my customer what is happening with an investment they have made, the customer has a right to be mad.

I'm all for patience, but I am also for Larian to communicate with THEIR fans. If they don't they will lose them. They are CERTAINLY not making a good impression on me. I am a fan of BG and D&D, not Larian, and their lack of communication makes me NOT want to buy any more of their games or participate in any other EAs. It's been just that bad.

All I get out here when I post any suggestions is a lot of criticism and no response from Larian, so why participate? I am seriously starting to hate thr game I've loved for months because of dealing with THIS crap with NOTHING to show for it. Not even a "hey, we're working on xyz. Hang in there."
Posted By: InkTide Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 01:23 AM
"Hey I have this issue"

*8 months later*

This place is a damn monk convent in terms of respect shown towards Larian. Even those of us with no confidence in the game direction readily acknowledge that plenty of people are fine with the current direction. We just want our concerns heard and acknowledged and to not be tone-policed by trolls when we show the slightest bit of passion on a subject.

But why would you engage with good faith criticism when you can instead link someone else's passive aggressive video full of complaints about... people they disagree with having complaints...?
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 01:42 AM
Its mainly communication. For example the part of the video where people ranted about loaded dice and they claimed half the community felt listened to and the other half did not, that would have been solved if during the panel they talked about some of the issues raised. Just talking about it would be great, it would alleviate most the toxicity people perceive on this forum. I wouldn't mind all that much if there was no update til next year if Larian communicated during that process. Also knowing their rational would be great for that, so we can approach mechanics and story with keeping that rational in mind, to see if it actually works.

Basically, while they are not contractually obligated or anything close to that, I vehemently believe communication would be the most productive thing they could do for this EA.

Also tbh, this forum is not all that toxic. When people are being toxic a moderator or someone else steps in pretty quickly. There is a lot of complaining, but most of it is genuinely in constructive ways, pointing out an issue and proposing solutions, and then people discussing the ramifications of said issue. In fact, telling people to stop complaining about x seems counterproductive to me cause we were told to do exactly this, communicate to larian our issues with the game. And with that, you still get a healthy amount of lore speculation and even people saying they like things or saying that x mechanic is fine the way it is. There is a variety of viewpoints, and toxicity is often drowned out.
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by InkTide
"Hey I have this issue"

*8 months later*

But why would you engage with good faith criticism when you can instead link someone else's passive aggressive video full of complaints about... people they disagree with having complaints...?

You would do this if your goal is not constructive discussion, but instead to troll and brow-beat. The "ignore user" function works well for dealing with that.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 02:29 AM
That's it. You all asked for it.

SOLASTA SOLASTA SOLASTA.

And now, to quote Blackhiefer from another thread:

If you say that in front of a mirror a pimply, overweight nerd appears behind you and starts lecturing you in a high-pitched, nasally voice on how Solasta does reactions better. Roll CON save DC 14 against your own spinal cord strangling your brain to death.

They then casually pass gas and wander out the door. Take 4d10 Necrotic.

Thats what all of you get for complaining about complaining. You made me pull out the Solasta gun.
Posted By: InkTide Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 02:31 AM
There is a lot of complaining, but most of it is genuinely in constructive ways, pointing out an issue and proposing solutions, and then people discussing the ramifications of said issue. In fact, telling people to stop complaining about x seems counterproductive to me cause we were told to do exactly this, communicate to larian our issues with the game. And with that, you still get a healthy amount of lore speculation and even people saying they like things or saying that x mechanic is fine the way it is.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel - dismissing complaints for the sole reason that they are 'too negative/common/etc.' is an extremely toxic behavior that goes unmoderated far too often in games discussion IMO, probably in large part due to it being a little more difficult as a developer to tell whether or not someone is white knighting or just passionately positive (hint: genuinely passionately positive players don't normally dismiss people for complaining; they understand that even those less satisfied than they are want the same thing, which is a better end product - they just disagree on how close to that better end product things are already).

The instances of people complaining who are 'just trying to be negative' are few and far between, and orders of magnitude less common than good faith, constructive negative feedback being summarily dismissed as 'just trying to be negative'. I think people need to be more forgiving of negative feedback and a lot more suspicious of people crying 'troll' or 'stupid' whenever somebody expresses a doubt about their darling game/studio/etc.
Posted By: Ferros Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 08:11 AM
Ya, I think it's mostly been constructive criticism, which Larian originally asked for before falling off the face of the planet. And then people got annoyed that they were trying to contribute to improving the game, but got another 4 months of radio silence without a sign that any feedback is heard, and now are being criticized for not liking that lol.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 11:10 AM
Exactly. We all obviously care about the game or we wouldn't STILL be out here talking about it.

But that isn't going to last forever. Many have already stopped chatting out here, tired of having the SAME convos over and over again and getting harassed by jerks.
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 11:17 AM

SOLASTA SOLASTA SOLASTA.

If you say that in front of a mirror a pimply, overweight nerd appears behind you and starts lecturing you in a high-pitched, nasally voice on how Solasta does reactions better. Roll CON save DC 14 against your own spinal cord strangling your brain to death.

Thats what all of you get for complaining about complaining. You made me pull out the Solasta gun.

Oh right! I completely forgot to ask why you guys are still here, after all S*****a release! Don't you have to spend all day playing it and forget about BG3? This summer I planned to play Pathfinder to distract myself from BG3, but they postponed release to the fall, and I'm not really interested in S*****a. But you all guys? You have something to do now, don't you? Not that your accusations are without reason, but it's better to play than to waste your nerves. o..o

Originally Posted by Ferros
Ya, I think it's mostly been constructive criticism, which Larian originally asked for before falling off the face of the planet. And then people got annoyed that they were trying to contribute to improving the game, but got another 4 months of radio silence without a sign that any feedback is heard, and now are being criticized for not liking that lol.

There is a limit to any criticism, you repeat the same thing, it makes no sense. We discussed the same thing a month ago.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 11:41 AM
There is a limit to any criticism, you repeat the same thing, it makes no sense. We discussed the same thing a month ago.
This ... and the form. :-/

There are people around here ... i could name, but probably i should not ... who can form their "criticism" into logical sentences with arguments and reasons ...
That could be called feedback. > Wich, as you still reminding us is what Larian asked us to provide.

And then there are people ... i could name again, but i definietly should not ... who seem to be unable to form their "ciriticism" into anything more complex than "we didnt hear anything for *XY* weeks now, THIS SUCKS" or "we demand more sexy..." gosh i start to miss that topics. :-/

How is that helping? O_o
What "cruicial information" you try to send? Do you honestly believe that noone in Larian have calendar, so you need to tell them? O_o Or what is the point?
I mean i get it, you are frustrated ... you want to let others know, since everyone certainly care about your feelings, that is common knowledge in this world ... but tell me please, anyone ... how does that work for you? What did you achieve so far?
Posted By: Tuco Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 12:35 PM
You know what guys? What's being said lately made me realize something. Larian... Yeah Larian! YOU Larian! You should have waited until game was fully developped! Look at all these people with their crazy complaints, look at all the disapointment from people who played so much they burnt themselves out! Shame on you Larian, SHAME! Shame on giving us the sweet taste of a continuation of Baldur's gate! SHAME! Boo will rip your eyes out for this!

Wow, your posts have been a smashing hit after the other in the last few days.
I can't even tell if this is supposed to be a parody account or what.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
link removed
The stupidest and most disingenuous video he made so far, incidentally.
Posted By: Kryldost Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tuco
Wow, your posts have been a smashing hit after the other in the last few days.
I can't even tell if this is supposed to be a parody account or what.

Not all my posts made people angry, I get angry too sometimes though. I express it wrongly and some people get so angry about it they never forget me :V

This ... and the form. :-/

There are people around here ... i could name, but probably i should not ... who can form their "criticism" into logical sentences with arguments and reasons ...
That could be called feedback. > Wich, as you still reminding us is what Larian asked us to provide.

And then there are people ... i could name again, but i definietly should not ... who seem to be unable to form their "ciriticism" into anything more complex than "we didnt hear anything for *XY* weeks now, THIS SUCKS" or "we demand more sexy..." gosh i start to miss that topics. :-/

How is that helping? O_o
What "cruicial information" you try to send? Do you honestly believe that noone in Larian have calendar, so you need to tell them? O_o Or what is the point?
I mean i get it, you are frustrated ... you want to let others know, since everyone certainly care about your feelings, that is common knowledge in this world ... but tell me please, anyone ... how does that work for you? What did you achieve so far?

Absolutely agree, complaining over an issue over and over again won't get you anywhere, it's like... Trying to get out of quicksand by flailing around. You're only gonna keep going deeper into your feelings and you wont be able to be constructive anymore.

Bringing in other new ideas in order to keep it constructive? Now that would be nice.
Posted By: Puckstop31 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 01:16 PM
As one who practically never comments but pays attention.... OK, I skim the noise... The utter lack of any communication should be embarrassing. /"rant"
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 07/06/21 02:47 PM
Repeating complaints about players complaining is probably not more constructive than repeating complaints about the game...

At least players talking about the game may have more in games hours, their opinion may have change, they may have think about or see something new,...

Talking about the game VS talking about players.
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 08/06/21 04:30 AM
So is there *any* indication at all about what to expect from patch 5? I'm waiting on Paladin to give this whole thing another shot.
Posted By: MarcoNeves Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 08/06/21 07:16 AM

SOLASTA SOLASTA SOLASTA.

Hey, I agree, man. People be bitching waaaaay too much for my taste.
Posted By: MarcoNeves Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 08/06/21 07:23 AM
Also, for those saying "make it more like Solasta! Me! Me! Me! I'm impatient, can't wait!" ... Well,.... go play Solasta then. And go away. Your perfection of a game Solasta is out now, so..... go. Leave already. Why you still here if Solasta is the "be all end all of 5e gaming" (it isn't)? Personally I think it's a mediocre game. Yes, Mediocre: a 6.5 out of 10 for me. But you people seem to love it, so..... go be happy and play that.

Unless of course... it ISN'T so perfect or great. Hmmmm?
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 08/06/21 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Unless of course... it ISN'T so perfect or great. Hmmmm?
I wonder how many people also readed this is master yoda voice. laugh
Posted By: Tuco Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 08/06/21 09:34 AM
I read it with Jim Carrey's petulant tone in Dumber & Dumber.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 08/06/21 04:05 PM
I feel like some are getting the idea that we are asking communication because we are selfish and want the game now and our changes now. I don't, I want them to take as long as they need. The next update can come out 2022 for all I care, BUT, the thing I want is communication. EA is a cooperative thing, a community thing, and a game creator wants to keep their EA playerbase in the loop. Smaller projects have died because of silence like this, and it definitely hurts a bigger project as we see right now.

Also the most common claim I have seen about Solasta is that mechanically it is superior while its story and characters are not, it isn't unreasonable to see people trying to combine the best half of two things thinking it will create a better thing. Personally, I have yet to get the game cause I tend to only get games on Sale or Bundles, BG3 was an exception because I wanted to be involved in possibly the biggest Dungeons and Dragons Video Game ever.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 08/06/21 05:04 PM
I feel like some are getting the idea that we are asking communication because we are selfish and want the game now and our changes now. I don't, I want them to take as long as they need. The next update can come out 2022 for all I care, BUT, the thing I want is communication. EA is a cooperative thing, a community thing, and a game creator wants to keep their EA playerbase in the loop. Smaller projects have died because of silence like this, and it definitely hurts a bigger project as we see right now.

Also the most common claim I have seen about Solasta is that mechanically it is superior while its story and characters are not, it isn't unreasonable to see people trying to combine the best half of two things thinking it will create a better thing. Personally, I have yet to get the game cause I tend to only get games on Sale or Bundles, BG3 was an exception because I wanted to be involved in possibly the biggest Dungeons and Dragons Video Game ever.

Well said! This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to say all along. All of it. Even the parts about Solasta. I just want BG3 to be the best it could possibly be. I still have high hopes for it, but the silence is killing me...and the toxic people on the forum who make you feel like you're an idiot for participating in EA. We are trying to offer feedback and suggestions, and we are constantly being mocked and ridiculed for it.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 09/06/21 05:55 AM
Keep cool guys and be happy !
TODAY is THE day !!!

News incoming !

Edit : or maybe tomorrow, don't know why I though we were thursday.
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 09/06/21 07:20 AM
This Saturday will make one full month since "We will be back soon with a larger community update".
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 10:40 AM

SOLASTA SOLASTA SOLASTA.

Aren't they busy with a custom Dungeon Keeper-like feature?
Posted By: Adalbert Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 11:08 AM
This Saturday will make one full month since "We will be back soon with a larger community update".

I think this 'larger community update' was referring to D:OS2 coming to IOS, but it's just me.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 11:41 AM
Sigh. Still no news. Sigh. Every day, I come out here to check, and all I get is more fans posting about no update or news yet, or others who just want to bash people. Nothing new. Nothing fun.

Oh well, back to my own writings; another The Afflicted post or something maybe.
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Adalbert

I think this 'larger community update' was referring to D:OS2 coming to IOS, but it's just me.

No, I don't think they would write about it in Bg3 hotfix theme.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 12:21 PM
Well, E3 is starting in few hours ...
Last year Larian was part of Guerilla, that was happening instead of E3 ...

So we should know soon. O_o
Posted By: The Composer Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 12:23 PM
Only the kick-off though, most of the interesting stuff doesn't really begin until the 12th through 15th.
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 12:24 PM
Sigh. Still no news. Sigh. Every day, I come out here to check, and all I get is more fans posting about no update or news yet, or others who just want to bash people. Nothing new. Nothing fun.

Oh well, back to my own writings; another The Afflicted post or something maybe.

Being creative is a very good way of dealing with the frustrating wait. Keep writing! smile
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by The Composer
Only the kick-off though, most of the interesting stuff doesn't really begin until the 12th through 15th.
I will take whatever i get. laugh
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 02:26 PM
Don't worry guys. H - 1 or 2.

I guess Larian would have say something if they were part of E3.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 02:40 PM

Being creative is a very good way of dealing with the frustrating wait. Keep writing! smile

I concur, creativity is a great outlet and keeps the passion alive.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 06:02 PM
Well, my hopes are broken once again.
Looks like we're going for another week without any informations. Really hard to stay hyped.
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 06:08 PM
forgive me

Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 06:33 PM
Ugh! I hate that meme. It fits and is very appropriate, but...
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 08:17 PM
forgive me

HAHA I love it smile
I just remove the spoiler so they can see how we feel !!
Posted By: Dez Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 10/06/21 11:48 PM
Well. It might just be me, but I am used to Blizzard's "soonTM" so one month is not that bad by my measurement, hahah laugh

Either way, I am still lurking about - have not really had the time to actually post stuff though. :] Nor have I really had anything important to say, I guess.

Just wanted to say that I am also hoping to see some updates about our missing classes and subclasses, and potentially companions, for our next big patch as I really do not see any reason to keep any classes (or subclasses) out of EA entirely. c: That said, I am willing to wait as long as necessary for Larian to make BG3 the game it deserves to be, but I also agree with the complaints that some form of communication would really be appreciated. And it is not just for the sake of "I WANT CONTENT NOW", because honestly? I would settle with just a "Hey guys! Right now we're working on XXX! Unfortunately, this won't be available until the actual launch, but we're absolutely positive you'll love it!" - just a little something to know what's going on and what they are working with. It is simply difficult to stay involved, enthusiastic and hyped when you hear absolutely nothing - and I, and many others here, WANT to be involved, enthusiastic and hyped. laugh

I have a great example of my own to demonstrate my point (which is very much based on a true story :] ): many years ago I heard about a game. I saw a trailer, some class information and I was absolutely *HOOKED* by it. It felt like everything I wanted in a game at the time, and me and my friends devoured any and all information that was available about said game. Which turned out to be not very much information at all - the game was about to launch in Asia, but the communication to the European and American sector was... Limited. Fan-sites began to evolve, searching with lanterns and shovels for any piece of information that could be relevant for us waiting for the game to arrive to EU/NA.

Years went by and there was nothing but silence. I visited the fansites less and less, because there was not ever any communication from the developers to the EU/NA crowd. The game soon faded even from memory. Suddenly, just a year or so ago, I saw a post from one of those fan sites. Unfortunately, I had since long lost interest in the game, and simply unfollowed the page without even checking their news link. I forgot about the game once more - until recently.

Why? Because this year, that particular game is supposed to be revealed during E3, arriving to EU and NA. Problem is - I am no longer interested by any measurement, and I will not be buying the game. To be quite honest, I would not even play it if I got it for free.

Is it because I am salty about the lack of communication and the neglect? Perhaps - but I don't feel salty. I just feel "past" it. The game no longer looks as fun and epic as it did all those years ago. It feels like the game grew old before it even released and I felt like there are so many other games that I want to play instead, and so many other companies that I would rather spend my money on.

Now, of course I do not really fear a scenario this bad for Larian - because they are already communicating better than the company from the story above since they give any information at all. c:
But it should be noted that this is probably how the more casually hyped community handles the situation - neglect them for too long, and they simply won't be interested when you're finally ready. I am willing to bet Larian knows this, and I hope there is a good reason for their silence towards their players. In the end, all players here want the same thing - we want Larian and BG3 to succeed and be great! By communicating with us, Larian would help us support them better! :] Give us things to discuss, even if it is not implemented into EA! laugh
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 11/06/21 07:07 AM
@Dez > now i wonder what game it was. laugh
Posted By: Dez Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 11/06/21 08:00 AM

It might or might not rhyme with "Frost Stark". :']
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 11/06/21 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Dez

If you're talking about a Korean game, they always behave in a similar way.
Posted By: Dez Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 11/06/21 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Dez

I know. :[ Did not make the experience less dez-appointing (huehuehuehue) though. :'[
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 11/06/21 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Dez
Originally Posted by Dez

I know. :[ Did not make the experience less dez-appointing (huehuehuehue) though. :'[

Oh, the company that developed that is Smilegate. They have not had a good track record with me, especially when Epic Seven disqualified the winner of their contest (who was one of the few to not draw one of the female characters, drew male characters chilling on the beach) cause they drew gay male and furry fanart of the characters outside of the contest and declared that them winning would be reflecting bad on them (to justify disqualifying someone for a reason not stated in the rules), so they then gave it to a person who also drew NSFW works outside of the contest except theirs was straight and lesbian waifus... Think I'll be avoiding "Frost Stark."

By comparison, Larian is still a darling in my eyes even with the communication silence cause they haven't done anything underhanded or done anything that made me feel like I was being ripped off. In fact they have tended to do the opposite, DOS2 Grab Bags really endearing me to them.
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 11/06/21 05:16 PM
Oh, the company that developed that is Smilegate. They have not had a good track record with me, especially when Epic Seven disqualified the winner of their contest (who was one of the few to not draw one of the female characters, drew male characters chilling on the beach) cause they drew gay male and furry fanart of the characters outside of the contest and declared that them winning would be reflecting bad on them (to justify disqualifying someone for a reason not stated in the rules), so they then gave it to a person who also drew NSFW works outside of the contest except theirs was straight and lesbian waifus... Think I'll be avoiding "Frost Stark."

By comparison, Larian is still a darling in my eyes even with the communication silence cause they haven't done anything underhanded or done anything that made me feel like I was being ripped off. In fact they have tended to do the opposite, DOS2 Grab Bags really endearing me to them.

This is not how we Korean MMORPG players rate games. It really doesn't matter that much... Although I'm not from Europe or America, but still. In my country, "Frost Stark" came out quickly, but also unexpectedly.

Issue of communication with the community is not a problem only Smilegate. NCsoft is much bigger, and behaves the same way. Asian companies are just beginning to think about the market outside their countries. While this may not be a good idea, as I said before, I'm not a fan of the political agenda and ubiquitous representation. I just love good games which allow me to escape from reality and problems..

In any case, comparing a single and an MMORPG is strange. So I won't continue this theme.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 11/06/21 05:46 PM
This is not how we Korean MMORPG players rate games. It really doesn't matter that much... Although I'm not from Europe or America, but still. In my country, "Frost Stark" came out quickly, but also unexpectedly.

Issue of communication with the community is not a problem only Smilegate. NCsoft is much bigger, and behaves the same way. Asian companies are just beginning to think about the market outside their countries. While this may not be a good idea, as I said before, I'm not a fan of the political agenda and ubiquitous representation. I just love good games which allow me to escape from reality and problems..

In any case, comparing a single and an MMORPG is strange. So I won't continue this theme.

I am less rating the game and more rating the companies and their business practices. Electronic Arts and Activision release decent games for example but I REALLY dislike their business practices so I tend to avoid them with some exceptions (which I'll tend to get used as I'd rather not directly reward those business practices). Just how I am and I don't expect others to think like me. And my above thing wasn't about a political agenda in a game, more a bad business practice of unrightfully disqualifying someone for reasons not stated in their rules, could have been about whatever thing drawn outside of the contest and I would have still been soured to Smilegate. They communicated poorly. Hence why I said Larian is still a darling to me, it isn't because I think they make quality games better than some MMOs (I do prefer their games though cause I prefer Single Player stuff), its that their business practices and connection to their community is a hell of a lot less scummy and basically non-toxic compared to many many other companies. Even with silence they communicate a lot better than a whole list of companies.
Posted By: Dez Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 11/06/21 07:51 PM

I am less rating the game and more rating the companies and their business practices. Electronic Arts and Activision release decent games for example but I REALLY dislike their business practices so I tend to avoid them with some exceptions (which I'll tend to get used as I'd rather not directly reward those business practices). Just how I am and I don't expect others to think like me. And my above thing wasn't about a political agenda in a game, more a bad business practice of unrightfully disqualifying someone for reasons not stated in their rules, could have been about whatever thing drawn outside of the contest and I would have still been soured to Smilegate. They communicated poorly. Hence why I said Larian is still a darling to me, it isn't because I think they make quality games better than some MMOs (I do prefer their games though cause I prefer Single Player stuff), its that their business practices and connection to their community is a hell of a lot less scummy and basically non-toxic compared to many many other companies. Even with silence they communicate a lot better than a whole list of companies.

I am with CJM - I am not comparing an action MMORPG to BG3, but rather the moral of the story was the company silence.

I also have a "blacklist" of companies that I try to avoid throwing money at, to my best ability (including both of the companies CJM mentioned...). Obviously, Larian is by no means on my list - and similar to CJM I also consider Larian one of the good companies, along with Owlcats and to some point Digital Extremes, that I am willing to spend money on just to support them via Kickstarter and stuff like that. Their silence right now won't change that, it'll take a lot more.

BUT, just like most people here... I just wanna know what they are up to, how progress is going and if they thought the community had any good ideas here on the forums. c: Just a few sentences every month or so would be more than enough!
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 03:08 AM
Seeing looking them up on the e3 schedule nothing is listed I wouldn't get my hopes up but who knows maybe its just missing from the schedule currently my expectations are low maybe June next year we will see patch 5....last time we had patch info it was december we will be releasing new stuff after christmas ... and nothing till late febuary I wouldn't be suprised if at minimum we hear nothing till September. Soon is a relative term apparently for any kind of response soon being it could be in 1 month you could be waiting 4-5 months +.

Patch 5 - We added an additional hair color for Elves see you all in patch 6. Sept 2021

Patch 6 - We fixed some bugs and we added a cape to the game it does nothing see you in patch 7. July 2022

Patch 7 - Ok guys we have really good news we added...an extra goblin to the first fight in from of the gates he drops a shield it does nothing but there is a goblin on the front of the shield. See you all in patch 8. August 2027.

I'm sure more than a few people get the blunt of the Joke here. Where you compare the game to games other games with regards to the content releases updates and news. I personally dont think ill bother buying another early release from larion in the future initially my expectations were a lot higher and I personally haven't felt impressed it would take more than a lot to redeem them personally.

Having beta tested a bunch of other releases for content and played early access on 2 other games currently in release schedule for the current genra Whilst the base release of the game was great the addion of content and news has been so lack luster when you compare the content release between them its kind of sad and while I get coding takes time the base infrastructure is already present meaning it should be alot easier to add more content. With as many people present to the game as there is. You have companies able to add complete expansions to most games every 3-4 months.

And we have seen a class added since launch in comparison you could look at games like dota, LoL, smite ect adding new characters every month. In comparison mind you there is not as much pathing to do but the infrastructure for pathing should already be present it should just be adding coding through a generator tool to add the character class into the game. They should just need to code the mechanics and test that it works as intended to the tool. NWN2 had its initial release OCT 2006 and you were seeing full expansions nearly 6 months later. Which contained as many as 4-6 classes in some cases. Comparing that I would expect to see the same kind of content added to the game during early access to reach the goals of the initial release date. Plus if they had plans for e3 you would expect a kind of teaser that news was coming out at e3. Just to get everyone paying attention. I would not get my hopes up. I only even checked back on the forums because it was e3 weekend.
Posted By: Dez Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by acatlas
Having beta tested a bunch of other releases for content and played early access on 2 other games currently in release schedule for the current genra Whilst the base release of the game was great the addion of content and news has been so lack luster when you compare the content release between them its kind of sad and while I get coding takes time the base infrastructure is already present meaning it should be alot easier to add more content. With as many people present to the game as there is. You have companies able to add complete expansions to most games every 3-4 months.

And we have seen a class added since launch in comparison you could look at games like dota, LoL, smite ect adding new characters every month. In comparison mind you there is not as much pathing to do but the infrastructure for pathing should already be present it should just be adding coding through a generator tool to add the character class into the game. They should just need to code the mechanics and test that it works as intended to the tool. NWN2 had its initial release OCT 2006 and you were seeing full expansions nearly 6 months later. Which contained as many as 4-6 classes in some cases. Comparing that I would expect to see the same kind of content added to the game during early access to reach the goals of the initial release date. Plus if they had plans for e3 you would expect a kind of teaser that news was coming out at e3. Just to get everyone paying attention. I would not get my hopes up. I only even checked back on the forums because it was e3 weekend.

I agree with your main point to some degree, I do find it very odd for an instance that we have not gotten some classes / subclasses yet. And the reason I find it weird is because it will be difficult for us to help Larian if they do not allow us to test the classes. I do not even agree on your point that there has to be new stuff added to the game all the time in order for it to feel alive and well, but rather plain engagement from the developers will do.

Either way - I get the joke, but you're not being fair when comparing finished moba games with a CRPG in EA. These are COMPLETELY different games, with basically nothing in common. And on top of that, the arguments you used are plain incorrect. LoL do most certainly not add a new character every month. They have 3-5 new characters a year. Dota2 usually only add 2-3 characters a year. Smite I do not know, but I very much doubt it is one per month.

Regarding E3, I am with the earlier posts saying that E3 is hardly relevant for a game as far into development as BG3. However, Larian might have been waiting to make their announcement to somehow benefit from the E3 hype - I do not know. We'll just have to wait and see, right now all we have is their "soonTM", and we do not even know what we're waiting for. :']
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 12:58 PM
The longer they take, the more I am hoping that they are doing some REALLY major overhauls... like Day/ Night and adjusting UI and Action economy, and dialogues and all the stuff we've been discussing for 6 months.

Im just afraid it's gonna be like last time. What? 1 Class? That's it?

I think I'll go back to my writings again. Speaking of which, is anyone reading The Afflicted story in the General forum and/or enjoying it? Just curious.
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 01:01 PM
The longer they take, the more I am hoping that they are doing some REALLY major overhauls... like Day/ Night and adjusting UI and Action economy, and dialogues and all the stuff we've been discussing for 6 months.

Im just afraid it's gonna be like last time. What? 1 Class? That's it?

I hope that this is it, and not just a bunch of fixes... But I'm really waiting for news. I don't care about the patch. I want to know what state the final version of the game is in, when it will be released, and so on. Concretization helps a lot.
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Dez

I agree with your main point to some degree, I do find it very odd for an instance that we have not gotten some classes / subclasses yet. And the reason I find it weird is because it will be difficult for us to help Larian if they do not allow us to test the classes. I do not even agree on your point that there has to be new stuff added to the game all the time in order for it to feel alive and well, but rather plain engagement from the developers will do.

Either way - I get the joke, but you're not being fair when comparing finished moba games with a CRPG in EA. These are COMPLETELY different games, with basically nothing in common. And on top of that, the arguments you used are plain incorrect. LoL do most certainly not add a new character every month. They have 3-5 new characters a year. Dota2 usually only add 2-3 characters a year. Smite I do not know, but I very much doubt it is one per month.

Regarding E3, I am with the earlier posts saying that E3 is hardly relevant for a game as far into development as BG3. However, Larian might have been waiting to make their announcement to somehow benefit from the E3 hype - I do not know. We'll just have to wait and see, right now all we have is their "soonTM", and we do not even know what we're waiting for. :']

Mobas were just a more staple example here I mean you could compare owlcat with pathfinder wrath of the righteous in patchs vs bg 3 in the same state path finder releases 5 classes 2 acts 1 paragon prestige class to the game and several and hundreds of items to the game in the same length of time as bg 3 adds 1 class. I mainly listed a moba as an example of 1 class vs 1 class time lengths rather than being more specific. NwN 2 Which is old school again 5 classes added in 6 month time window. You could even compare it with the modders adding classes to the game faster than Larion I dont particularly like the example of modders as your just adding the class an no dialogue specifics or anything but its just an example. The initial game got 1 major update after the release in the form of adding druid after 5 months now were another 4 months and we have no news of anything major so to compare that 1 class after 4 months again would just be like a slap in the face it would be better to be releasing small content adds regularly as well that big adds every several months assuming its even a big edition. But if its like 1 class again you are comparing a huge amount of time for very little to be added. The first time that happened it was like meh they took a long time because they were reducing the upload time by condensing the uploads to smaller amounts not such a big deal now its just like really a poor showing of faith towards the community to be this long without an update.

I would expect like 1-2 classes 1-2 races character model improvements dozens of items at additional story content even possibly at least being allowed to play beyond level 4 and see maybe level 6 or 8 the longer they take the more you expect from a patch. You can compare any genera of game releasing content typically content patchs every 3 - 4 months in most games run a complete expansion to a game or a dlc running around 15.00 in value worth of content. I would expect a significant amount more out of early access than what we have been seeing. Just compare the other 2 crpgs currently competing with larion and what they put out vs what larion has released so far content wise and the cost comparison. - I dont like to use those specifically as its something the mods here non stop all the time. Solasta / Wotr is all over the place. So I tried to use non specific examples of a moba class release as an example of a class or class content in a game in comparision. 1 Class shouldnt take 4 months to patch into a game as they should have coded for the most part editing tools to make that more efficient.
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 02:10 PM
There are companies that made much worst decisions with early access and content / responses. Focus Home Entertainment being one of them I would highly recommend not even buying the games themselves till about 4-6 months after they are released if at all. But when you have people investing in your EA pre-order more or less you would want to keep those people around as they invested in you as a company. There are plenty of good examples of game developers interacting with there players in good faith to improve a game. Taking 1 hour a week to sit down and Q&A with the community is not hard for companies as there are games that have staff of around 40-50 that can manage that. When larion has a staff of around 300 or so its not unreasonable to expect that kind of similar Q&A treatment from developers where they could speak to the community.

Especially if they are not going to generally put out an update or a road map on content.
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 02:14 PM

So today?
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 02:56 PM

So today?

Today is the big announcement kick off to e3 yes and new content / releases. Panels are packed for next 3 days. Nothing interesting really showed up in news yesterday.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 03:00 PM
I really dont understand where did you get that ...
We were promissed community update, NOT patch. O_o

You are hurting only yourself, when you create such expectations. :-/
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 11:18 PM
Well you can see via SteamDB that they have been working very hard on Patch 5, updating every day during the week, sometimes multiple times a day. (Not that I've been checking multiple times a day. Um. Ok I have. lol)
However I am waiting for the promised community update first, patch 5 second. RagnarokCzD is right, they didn't promise a patch straight away, but they promised an update.

While I agree they might be working on something pretty big for the patch, what annoys me the most is the community being promised a community update, and then complete silence for a month. In today's fast paced world where updates and information are almost expected to be at our fingertips, that just isn't a good look for a big company such as Larian.

I am ready to forgive them when the promised update and/or Patch 5 comes out though, as I'll be back playing BG3 in a heartbeat.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 11:25 PM
RagnarokCzD is right, they didn't promise a patch straight away, but they promised an update.

Eh, he's being a bit disingenuous as usual.
While he's "technically correct", the only time the update and the patch weren't published at the same time so far has been with Patch 4 in February, and only because circumstances highlighted some annoying bug at the last minute.
According to what the developers stated explicitly it was originally supposed to drop right after the now infamous "Panel From Hell #2".
Posted By: Blackheifer Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 12/06/21 11:45 PM
Well you can see via SteamDB that they have been working very hard on Patch 5, updating every day during the week, sometimes multiple times a day. (Not that I've been checking multiple times a day. Um. Ok I have. lol)
However I am waiting for the promised community update first, patch 5 second. RagnarokCzD is right, they didn't promise a patch straight away, but they promised an update.

While I agree they might be working on something pretty big for the patch, what annoys me the most is the community being promised a community update, and then complete silence for a month. In today's fast paced world where updates and information are almost expected to be at our fingertips, that just isn't a good look for a big company such as Larian.

I am ready to forgive them when the promised update and/or Patch 5 comes out though, as I'll be back playing BG3 in a heartbeat.

Its odd to have this much complete radio silence. You know I think it just increases expectations though because everyone is thinking "OMG it must be a huge reveal!" - but what if it ends up being Gnomes?

Like nothing else, no classes, just gnomes...
Posted By: qwerrecd42 Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 12:10 AM
I'm thinking I'll try it again once they bring in the paladin (thought about trying the mod that's floating around, but it wasn't updated for patch 4 so RIP that idea). The DnD rebalancing mod looks like it should (eventually) deal with a good chunk of my complaints about the combat (since I'm skeptical Larian will address them).

On another note, where did the idea that Larian's gonna say something at E3 come from anyways? I've seen it on here a few times but I can't find any real origin of the idea, let alone Larian hinting at something like that.
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 04:56 AM
It was theorized by people but they are not listed on E3 listings because people said it would be out shortly. A month ago everyone assumed e3 but they are not listed on the E3 release announcements program schedule. Vampire Bloodlines rework was announced yesterday as another company took it over and it was renamed bloodhunt. There was also the Evil Dead game announcement and some borderlands games revealed today nothing else really stand out for most people. I think someone on the forums mentioned lost ark. Which was a koren mmo i believe or rpg that was ported over to english at e3 announcements. Capcom and Square I believe are tomorrow.
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 05:30 AM
I think people (myself included) were just hanging on to E3 as a beacon of hope for some kind of news, any kind of news about BG3... since it's been so long since we heard from Larian, it was a collective best guess as to a date to look forward to, to hang on to in our minds. Was there a logical reason? No, probably not.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 05:36 AM
I really hope they just send out some kind of message, even something vague like "We encountered some issues and had to delay things, we don't know when the next update will happen at this time." While we would still wait awhile, it'd definitely soothe some worries.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Tuco
the only time the update and the patch weren't published at the same time so far has been with Patch 4 in February, and only because circumstances highlighted some annoying bug at the last minute.
According to what the developers stated explicitly it was originally supposed to drop right after the now infamous "Panel From Hell #2".
I presume if we will expecting only Community Update, we can be only surprised pleasantly ...
If we will expect Patch 5 in the same day, and it will not come, it will be source of yet another frustration ...
And that frustration will be obviously even worse, the more we will expect of that Patch. wink

That was whole point. :-/

//edit:
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
but what if it ends up being Gnomes?

That would mean i would be finaly able to create my moost favourite character of all time?
Personaly i would be exited. laugh laugh laugh

Vampire Bloodlines rework was announced yesterday as another company took it over and it was renamed bloodhunt.
Nah ...
Bloodhunt is about 3/4year ago anounced Battle Royal PvP game, and it have nothing to do with Bloodlines, except same universe. wink
If you watch Outstar, she was talking about it on her channel (or in WoD news) that she is partialy affraid that people will see it as Bloodlines becoming Bloodhunt, but she ensured us multiple times that its not the case. smile

On another note, where did the idea that Larian's gonna say something at E3 come from anyways? I've seen it on here a few times but I can't find any real origin of the idea, let alone Larian hinting at something like that.
Yeah, it was never official ... talking for myself it was something like:
"We are suppose to get something soon ... there is this action soon ... Larian participatet last year ... so maybe."
It seems like i was once again wrong. laugh
At least im not alone this time. laugh
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 08:52 AM

So today?

Today is the big announcement kick off to e3 yes and new content / releases. Panels are packed for next 3 days. Nothing interesting really showed up in news yesterday.

Well nothing happened.
Posted By: acatlas Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 02:37 PM
They are not on the schedule currently as noted before. Square Enix / Capcom is on schedule for today.
Posted By: Blackheifer Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 02:57 PM
but what if it ends up being Gnomes?

That would mean i would be finaly able to create my moost favourite character of all time?
Personaly i would be exited. laugh laugh laugh

Gnome Ranger? Remember, no additional classes, just...Gnomes.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 13/06/21 03:25 PM
Gnome Ranger? Remember, no additional classes, just...Gnomes.
Gnome Wizzard smile
I was thinking about making her a Sorcerer, but unless Pyromancer is included, Wizzard suits me fine enough. laugh

BTW why would that be a problem? Rangers are allready there, arent they? O_o
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/06/21 03:23 PM
Pleeeaaase today is the last day for "soon".
Just give us some news please. Anything.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/06/21 03:38 PM
What?
Why today? O_o
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/06/21 03:45 PM
What?
Why today? O_o

Because 1 month + 3 days is the last day you can talk about saying "soon".
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/06/21 03:58 PM
Oh. I see. smile
I was just wondering if there is any other occasion it would fit ...

//edit:
I just need to say that i find it little sad that Larian didnt parcipiate on E3 ...
That way there would be at least one interesting game. frown
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/06/21 04:48 PM
Oh. I see. smile

//edit:
I just need to say that i find it little sad that Larian didnt parcipiate on E3 ...

True, I thought they'd say something at pc gaming show but I just lost my time...
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/06/21 04:57 PM
You and me both ...
At least "we are preparing news show that will be broadcasting in two weeks" or something like that ... simmilar to last year Guerilla anouncement. frown

One would say i will know better by now. laugh
I expected (read as: hoped) for five games ... all of them predicted by multiple sources, even tho i must admit that some of them was a little less realiable than the others. laugh
None of them showed. :'(

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Posted By: Blackheifer Re: Hotfix #11 Now Live! v4.1.106.9344 - 15/06/21 05:12 PM
Oh. I see. smile

//edit:

True, I thought they'd say something at pc gaming show but I just lost my time...

After watching the PC gaming show I ended up being thankful they were not there. It felt more like a 90 minute commercial for low-quality indie games with a few exceptions. The viewership was nothing special as well. 200k on Twitch peak. between all platforms I would be surprised if it hit 1/2 million viewers.

Also it was uncomfortably heavily scripted.
© Larian Studios forums