Larian Studios
Posted By: mercurial_ann Bestiary/Codex for new players - 29/06/22 07:35 AM
Remember bestiary from Withcer 3? Or codex from Mass effect trilogy? Not only it helped new players to inderstand the world, but also gave it a broader look on the world we were in. It added immersion and attachment ro the fantasy while providing useful information.

My suggestion is to make something like that in BG3. It could consist of Bestiary for creatures and monsters with lore and stats info(and maybe we could fill it with new recordings throughout our journey), tutorials and just discriptions of the main events(such as Descent into Avernus for example)

I know that it is rather a feature for full release, but whatever
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Bestiary/Codex for new players - 29/06/22 08:58 AM
This was allready suggested few times. smile
We all hope. smile
Posted By: mercurial_ann Re: Bestiary/Codex for new players - 29/06/22 09:24 PM
I played multiplayer today with a friend who never touched BG3 before. When we reached underdark and encountered minothaurs, he asked if there is a bestiary somewhere to read about monsters. I didn't tell him about this thread, I didn't set this up) I think bestiary would help new players learn about dnd world more through this game
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Bestiary/Codex for new players - 29/06/22 09:31 PM
You can see detailed info on the monster though - right click and inspect? Or something like that.

That is pretty much what bestiary would include anyway.
Posted By: Ruswarr Re: Bestiary/Codex for new players - 29/06/22 09:49 PM
Bestiary and codex is something I can fully support and really wish to see, especially if that would mean that you won't need to keep all the books and notes as items. Or some clockable lore notes in dialogues akin to Pathfinder games or Battletech (2018). DOS2 was severely lacking this kind of QoL stuff.
Originally Posted by Wormerine
You can see detailed info on the monster though - right click and inspect? Or something like that.

That is pretty much what bestiary would include anyway.
That's more abour lore about the creature rather than its stats.
© Larian Studios forums