Larian Studios
Posted By: Criminon Thank you so much for all of this hard work - 09/07/22 08:38 PM
I just about cried from happiness when I saw the level of detail that you guys went to for the Bard.
To be able to choose multiple musical instruments, and then on top of that having each spell that the bard uses actually play that instrument...
The amount of work that must have taken when most companies would have just taken the easy way out. Thank you all so much for your hard work on this game.
The passion REALLY shows, and don't think we don't notice these little details. Something so small like this took so much time to do, but it makes SUCH a huge difference.

I'm not sure if you guys have done this or not (because I'm still playing through) but it would be great to have different forms of the same instruments so you could feel like
you were kind of leveling up your instrument as well as your character. Like gaudy versions of the instruments hidden in hard to find places. Anyways, thank you again!
You guys are in it to win it and I'm so so excited to finally play and beat this game. 2023 can't come soon enough.
Yes, you can swap musical instruments mid playthrough. Instruments appear as random loot AFAIK.

The level of detail in both sound and visuals, when casting bard spells is way beyond any other games I've played. I absolutely love it as well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Thank you so much for all of this hard work - 09/07/22 09:14 PM
I concur! Great effort!

This is an immersive element that is most welcome.
Originally Posted by Criminon
I just about cried from happiness when I saw the level of detail that you guys went to for the Bard.
To be able to choose multiple musical instruments, and then on top of that having each spell that the bard uses actually play that instrument...
The amount of work that must have taken when most companies would have just taken the easy way out. Thank you all so much for your hard work on this game.
The passion REALLY shows, and don't think we don't notice these little details. Something so small like this took so much time to do, but it makes SUCH a huge difference.

I completely agree with you, the passion really shows and the level of detail is amazing. The possibility to perform songs on your chosen instrument whenever you want to adds so much to the atmosphere for me, I let my bard play a song on her lyre at the campfire before a long rest. And the songs are very beautiful, I hope a full soundtrack will be released.
And I love the "magical sound waves" effect.

I would like to thank everyone involved at Larian, too!
In case i forget ...
Anyone tryed to use Gale's magical flute as regular instrument?
I haven't gotten Gale killed yet, so the flute didn't apprea in my game. But I found a regular flute (my bard has violin as her instrument, so now she has two instruments to play).
Doesn't GAles flute vanish after the rivival is finished?
It didnt in the past, but i also didnt managed to kill him yet. laugh

And yes i also have found that big flute ...
But that one from Gale seemed more fitting for my Halfling, so i asked in case i forget that. smile

//Edit:
So i decided to just kill Gale straight ... as they say if you really want to do it, do it now. laugh
And its kinda dissapointing really. frown
That flue is not even concidered musical instrument. frown
So it cant be equipped in instrument slot ... and therefore it cant be used by our bards. frown

//Edit:
And after you revive Gale, you cant even play on that flute anymore in dialogue ... just a short cinematic will play, where Narator tells you basicaly that his item is now useless. :-/
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
It didnt in the past, but i also didnt managed to kill him yet. laugh

And yes i also have found that big flute ...
But that one from Gale seemed more fitting for my Halfling, so i asked in case i forget that. smile

//Edit:
So i decided to just kill Gale straight ... as they say if you really want to do it, do it now. laugh
And its kinda dissapointing really. frown
That flue is not even concidered musical instrument. frown
So it cant be equipped in instrument slot ... and therefore it cant be used by our bards. frown

//Edit:
And after you revive Gale, you cant even play on that flute anymore in dialogue ... just a short cinematic will play, where Narator tells you basicaly that his item is now useless. :-/

Idk, maybe because that particular "instrument" is not an instrument but just a visualized part of the ritual, like a key part?
The addition of usable instruments, given their abundance in the world, is a welcome sight, immersion-wise, as is performance.
I'm thinking Larian should definitely change Gale's Flute. Seems like a perfect opportunity!
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Idk, maybe because that particular "instrument" is not an instrument but just a visualized part of the ritual, like a key part?
Maaaaaybe. smile
And maaaaaaaaybe that is exactly what i find to be a missed opourtunity and would like to change? laugh

I mean come on, that flute is basicaly the only object in WHOLE GAME that have apropriate size. laugh
Basicaly everything else we can hold is ridiculously huge. :-/
© Larian Studios forums