Larian Studios
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 08:47 AM
i wanted to make a post about my opinion playthrough of patch 8

am going to update this more when i encounter new issues,

1. i like the elven fighting stances they are neat they are visually interesting to look at
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 08:50 AM
2. the jumping speed is too fast it doesnt look physically correct,

3. i'm not loving the fact that i have to click Second Wind (fighter self heal) 2 times just to get a heal, can i please just click it once, then it heals me, like a 1 click heal potion..
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 08:53 AM
i might make comments and suggestions that i made during patch 7 live. i am going to make them again if it seems important.

4. the camera is wonky, i need full control of it, to zoom up to the face or to tilt the view axis. this is 2022 the best graphically inclined video games have great camera control.
some games that have cameras that i like and prefer, are skyrim, and world of warcraft..
Posted By: snowram Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 09:02 AM
May I suggest to post this feedback in the suggestions and feedback part of the forum?
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 09:11 AM
5. i keep clicking TAB, like i'm playing baldurs gate or baldurs gate 2, to highlight all the clickables and ground placeables.. there still isn't some kind of all-object highlighter. that's a must have.

6. that tactical camera is senseless. if you just gave us 1 camera mode, the "unlimited camera" mode, that would be better,

7. i don't understand the class Eldritch Knight. it offers me wizard-like spells, but it doesn't say what is the predominating stat for them.. intelligence ??
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by snowram
May I suggest to post this feedback in the suggestions and feedback part of the forum?

that would probably be a better part of the forum to post this. i'm not sure i can move this post over there.
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 09:21 AM
8. would like more faces to choose from in the character creation menu, the presets 1-6 are O.K. not that great. would prefer a fully customizable face and body type, i like those games where you can morph your character how you want, change the eye size, eye brows, nose shape, cheeks.. total full facial customization and construction.. Don't take it off the table...
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 09:30 AM
9. a clickable object, a mirror or something, a beauty table.. to let me change my appearance when i want. its fine if you want to make the player keep their appearance they got at birth, thats realistic, but they should be able to change their hair and makeup c'mon, why lock that like that ??
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 09:36 AM
10. i would prefer my drow elf NOT talk with an englishman accent. i dont know how a drow should talk really but i know i'm not going for tea and crumpets.
Posted By: D1spl@yN@me Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 09:41 AM
11. previously i mentioned requesting a 1 click for the fighter "Second Wind", i also would like this for "Action Surge" and any other self-only targeters, there is no sense in asking me for a target for this, there is only 1 target possible, the character...
Posted By: Tuco Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 10:09 AM
The point of “confirmation on self-target spells” is not to ask you the target, but to not waste an ability on mis-click.

I know a lot of people don’t like it anyway (and I’d gladly do without it on things like dash), but it’s at least important to understand the intended mechanic.
Posted By: Salo Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by D1spl@yN@me
Originally Posted by snowram

that would probably be a better part of the forum to post this. i'm not sure i can move this post over there.

I've moved here so it'll be easier to find. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback laugh
Posted By: Tuco Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 02:02 PM
Oh, so we did get the fabled new community manager in the end.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 02:07 PM
Welcome to the forums, Salo!!! celebrate
Posted By: Drath Malorn Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 02:21 PM
Welcome to the forums Salo !
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 02:44 PM
Hi Salo!
Posted By: mercurial_ann Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 03:27 PM
Hi!
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 05:11 PM
WELCOME SALO! Glad you're here.

Now, let me share with you all the important feedback that I want you to take to the team.

Inhales deeply...

JK. It's exciting to have someone like you out here. Looking forward to chatting with you. 😁
Posted By: Flooter Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 07:13 PM
Hello Salo!

Is there anything in particular you’re looking for from feedback?
Posted By: Zerubbabel Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 07:57 PM
3. i'm not loving the fact that i have to click Second Wind (fighter self heal) 2 times just to get a heal, can i please just click it once, then it heals me, like a 1 click heal potion..
There's a problem in that there are two strains of feedback that are contradicting each other on this forum. I've seen some complain that misclicking is too punishing, and that accidentally tapping something takes away our turn. On the other hand, I have seen others complain that there are too many confirmations to do actions, and that everything has an implicit, confirming "Are you sure?" Attached to it that feels clunky, slows down the game, and dilutes immersion. I'm not saying that one camp or the other is right or wrong, but this is clearly quagmire with implications for each problem that contradict each other. Any thoughts on a solution to balance these concerns from the forum?
Posted By: Zyllos Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
There's a problem in that there are two strains of feedback that are contradicting each other on this forum. I've seen some complain that misclicking is too punishing, and that accidentally tapping something takes away our turn. On the other hand, I have seen others complain that there are too many confirmations to do actions, and that everything has an implicit, confirming "Are you sure?" Attached to it that feels clunky, slows down the game, and dilutes immersion. I'm not saying that one camp or the other is right or wrong, but this is clearly quagmire with implications for each problem that contradict each other. Any thoughts on a solution to balance these concerns from the forum?

Just need Context Options that players can customize for confirmations. Every player is slightly different in when they want the Confirmation or not.
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 08:42 PM

Wow this is really a first world prob. These people probably haven't accidentally clicked a button yet. To be honest, doing two mouse clicks in a row isn't the end of the world either. It's better this way than accidentally wasting a skill and maybe reloading. BG 3 just became turn-based. With RtwP you could at least cancel some actions by moving in time or pressing the pause button. I miss that but I am fine with turn-based now.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 08:49 PM
On the other hand, I have seen others complain that there are too many confirmations to do actions, and that everything has an implicit, confirming "Are you sure?" Attached to it that feels clunky, slows down the game, and dilutes immersion. I'm not saying that one camp or the other is right or wrong, but this is clearly quagmire with implications for each problem that contradict each other. Any thoughts on a solution to balance these concerns from the forum?
I feel that execution is a problem. BG3 isn't first game to require confirmation on such actions - FiraXCOM and its imitators come to mind. I never minded having to confirm "dash" and other selfcast abilities in those. I think there are couple reasons:
1) They are not over produced - clicking on such abolities in XCOM doesn't trigger loud sound and character animation - just confirmation that we want to use the skill and discription of what it does.
2) The skill is still quick and easy to activate - if I remember well, double tapping the shortcut will make it happen, and I am pretty sure the space will also act as confirmation.
3) UI is responsive - BG3 has quite a few issues with that - animations locking off UI from being interactable, not being able to switch characters until selected one finishes his animation etc.

EDIT: The feedback above is based on pre-patch8 experience. I am finally able to give it a go myself, and things have improved immensly in terms of usability. Will write my full thoughts and feedback once I finish my run.
Posted By: Zerubbabel Re: Patch 8 feedback - 27/07/22 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus

Wow this is really a first world prob.
I mean, when you consider the leisure culture required to produce video games for a living and the technological prowess required to foster a video game developing environment, and this link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_markets_by_country), it really seems that (with the exception of China) the majority of problems involving video games are indeed first world problems.
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: Patch 8 feedback - 28/07/22 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by Zyllos
Just need Context Options that players can customize for confirmations. Every player is slightly different in when they want the Confirmation or not.

This could be a solution.

I mean, when you consider the leisure culture required to produce video games for a living and the technological prowess required to foster a video game developing environment, and this link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_markets_by_country), it really seems that (with the exception of China) the majority of problems involving video games are indeed first world problems.

Agreed. Offtopic answer:

Yes, China (control function a la "Panem et circenses") and the Asian region in general seems to be a special case. Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't notice such reports from Europe or the USA: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tragedy-computer-gamer-dies-after-5263046, which doesn't mean that they didn't exist. At least I only remember reports from China and South Korea. These gaming cafés encourage addiction, considering that those affected died there and not at home on the PC.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Patch 8 feedback - 28/07/22 08:26 AM

Clarification:

Is it a miss-click when my character runs up the ladder, then immediately back down again without further interaction? Serious question...what causes that?

On more general note:

Is it just me, or does the Absolute sound like Meridia from Skyrim ..."These are my chosen..." probably just the sound effect.
Posted By: Salo Re: Patch 8 feedback - 28/07/22 04:35 PM
Hey all! smile

Originally Posted by Flooter
Hello Salo!

Is there anything in particular you’re looking for from feedback?

I am currently going through the feedback threads in this section of the forums, so nothing specific at the moment, just super happy that you're all sharing your thoughts and suggestions laugh
© Larian Studios forums