Larian Studios
Posted By: Liru Linderell First playthrough - 05/08/22 10:25 PM
I'm not new to the world of Baldur's Gate. I've been playing dnd games ever since Baldur's gate 1 and enjoyed the Black Isle studio games the most.
Been playing Baldur's Gate 1, 2, IceWind Dale 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights 2 + expansion packs and Dragon Age. Dragon Age is where things halted for me.
IceWind Dale games where very good to but just not quite like Baldur's gate.

I enjoyed Baldur's Gate 1 (because of the difficulty) and Baldur's Gate 2 (massive story) the most.

I'm exploring Baldur's Gate 3 now and I must say it's a great game. Seeing the flaming fist sure did bring back some memories.
I do find the battles very hard maybe because it's a DOS style (a game I didn't play) turned based game and I'm still fighting like a BG 1 & 2 guy.
There's realy one thing I really don't like in the game and that is that I can't look up. I can look around with the middle mouse button but I just can't seem to look up.
Am I missing something or is it supposed to be that way ?

I actually like the interaction with the other party members. At the moment I'm playing a half elf ranger with company from Gale, Shadowheart and Astarion.
I just wanted to share my first impression with the game as a long time BG fan and except for the camera look up thing. Very well done.
Now let's figure out how to win battles or what the easy quest for XP-points are.
Posted By: Wormerine Re: First playthrough - 05/08/22 10:36 PM
No, at this moment there is no way of tilting camera up.
Posted By: Zerubbabel Re: First playthrough - 06/08/22 01:19 AM
Lmao not the first "first post" that specifically complains about the inability to tilt the camera up. This has been requested by multiple people on this forum, from very different game-design-ideology factions, all shouting the same thing... why can't we tilt the camera up? Even a LITTLE BIT. That's all, just a slight tilt along a fixed Z-axis. Just a few degrees. Doesn't even have to be a huge camera overhaul or a change to third-person gaming! There are points where panning and rotation is not sufficient to observe what the player wants to observe, which the player's character can already see (in theory).

All of this is to say... +1 to your post, but don't get your hopes up about the camera. Plenty of complaints, plenty of excuses, but no resolution.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: First playthrough - 06/08/22 02:50 AM
Hi Liru. Welcome to the forum. Wonderful post. Nice to see some positive feedback. Some of us focus a bit too much sometimes on the things driving us crazy, and it's nice to be reminded that the game is very fun.

May I ask how far you are? Don't want to discuss anything that could apo you.
© Larian Studios forums