Larian Studios
Posted By: MelivySilverRoot Book and Quill - 10/10/22 06:37 PM
In Act 1, we come across quite a few books, but also quite a few items like inks and feathers/quills.

If that not already planned, I think it would be nice to have a journal/diary (or craft one).

This could be used in different ways :

• For RP reason : writing a journal/diary in character.
    • This journal could be more personal than the "Quest Journal" and allow to go into more details.
    • This could help people :
      - Characterized their Tav
      - Immersed them-self
      - Stay true to their Tav
      - Let their Tav theorize about their companions or what's happening
  • For RP/practical reason : setting personal objectives or making note of their discoveries.
    • This could be done in character or in a very meta way.
    • This could help people :
      - Who are ditz like me and easily forget things.
      - Who like being organized and taking note (TO-DO lists galore ❤️).
      I often think things like "It would make sense to do this first because X and Y" or "I should bring this type of spell when I do that".
      However, I often forget 😅

Yes, they are external tools that could serve similar functions (pen and paper, notepad++, spreadsheets).
Don't worry, I'm using those like there's no tomorrow.
However, having it in the game would help in term of practicality and immersion.

The implementation could be fairly simple. I have in mind the "Book and Quill from Minecraft (more or less).
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This would include :
  • A cancel/exit button
  • A save/exit button
  • A Text Box/Editor : just a Text Cursor and the ability to write is enough. More is welcome (formatting, copy/cut and paste) but not necessary.
  • Adding a new page when the current page is full (also indicating the # of the page).

The UI is almost already existing (just a blank book) and allowing users to add their input shouldn't be too hard. After all, we are already able to select the name of save files (❤️), Profiles and Tavs.

"Dear Diary,
Today, I've survived the crash of a Nautiloid Ship after getting knocked out by some random rock.
And I would like to say...Ouchie.

Tav."

This silly entry has made me think that people could also have fun sharing their journals/diaries online 😄.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Book and Quill - 10/10/22 06:48 PM
I presume our savegames will aswell work this way ...
There is some space under the name that seems like "notes" ... or at least i hope its meaned that way. laugh

But i like this idea too ... especialy that sharing part. laugh
Posted By: Lastman Re: Book and Quill - 11/10/22 07:22 AM
passs fix one of the 10000 suggestions in this forums instead of making this... Sorry i have
pencil and paper in my table and i use them in my gameplay since the dawn of adventures games. Max i would want is map notes i guess if that.. But with the corrent map system i would prefer no map at all.
Posted By: MelivySilverRoot Re: Book and Quill - 11/10/22 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
There is some space under the name that seems like "notes" ... or at least i hope its meaned that way. laugh

I did notice that yes (about the saves). But that means potentially keeping a lot of save files which I'm not a fan of 😅
Plus, it wouldn't be as immersive/practical.

That being said, if the save files with note is all we get on release...well...I'll survive 😛

I just really like the idea of an in-game journal for immersion/RP/practicality sake.
I wish more games had that feature actually 🙂

If it's not in this game, maybe in a future one.
Or a mod if some modders were to pass by 😛
Posted By: Arthas6662 Re: Book and Quill - 25/07/23 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot

I did notice that yes (about the saves). But that means potentially keeping a lot of save files which I'm not a fan of 😅

That being said, if the save files with note is all we get on release...well...I'll survive 😛

I just really like the idea of an in-game journal for immersion/RP/practicality sake.

I think i saw such a mod not so long ago,weird it's not as popular as i expected it to be
Posted By: Arthas6662 Re: Book and Quill - 30/07/23 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Arthas6662
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot

I think i saw such a mod not so long ago,weird it's not as popular as i expected it to be i've found it tho interesting,just like i find interesting the topics of my assignments from my college!but sometimes i'm struggling with them and it's like i'm losing my inspiration.A friend of mine once recommended me this site https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/great-depression/ with it i've overcame all the difficulties which i've encountered during my college days and even after ! It didn't only help me with my assignments and essays it also helped me with my depression,i'm really thankful to my friends for it!
Nevermind it got deleted....
Posted By: neprostoman Re: Book and Quill - 30/07/23 07:34 PM
Damn why this suggestion only has 5 replies? This would be a banger for any rpg-nerd.
© Larian Studios forums