Larian Studios
Pressing space should fast forward through conversations, as it already does.

But it should not select a speech option. They should be selectable by clicking only, or number keys 1-9.

At least let me change that in the options menu. It's annoying when you're going through a conversation you just had (reloading) and accidentally choose a speech option that you didn't want.
It's like in Dragon Age!
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
It's like in Dragon Age!

uhm... okay?
Posted By: Darren Evans Dialogue skipping with spacebar - 06/10/20 09:30 PM
With the spacebar acting both as the selection key for the current dialogue response as well as the key for skipping dialogue is a bad idea. Players can end up accidentally pressing too many times and end up inadvertently selecting whatever response is currently chosen. Probably best to allow clicking a mouse button or another key for dialogue skipping.
Posted By: The Composer Re: Dialogue skipping with spacebar - 06/10/20 09:42 PM
I have to agree with this, tbh. Equally so, pressing numerical buttons skips dialogue as well. Which means if you happen to finger spasm and press 1 twice rapidly, you might skip and miss out on the first line of chosen dialogue.
Posted By: Rezeki Dialogue Problems - 06/10/20 09:46 PM
When I was talking with Us, I pressed space to skip some dialogue after I had read it and Us was still talking, then the camera just kinda circled slowly around Us for 15 seconds or so without any audio or subtitles showing before letting me out of the dialogue.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Dialogue Problems - 06/10/20 10:54 PM
agree

I already did many wrong choices because I don't listen to them NPCs talking (they talk in EN, I'm reading in FR).
I click space to shut their mouth but doing this also click any of my choices when I have to choose.
Posted By: King Qyote Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 03:10 AM
+1
Posted By: Chaneyi Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 03:54 AM
Very much agree with this.
I tend to press space to see dialog options faster... and oh boy.
Posted By: Cristaldragon Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 04:10 AM
came here to open a topic on this.

Please fix , space can't be skip and select.

I screw up trice now ....
Posted By: Pantoufle Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 08:33 PM
I agree
Posted By: Darth Rauko Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 08:46 PM
+1
Posted By: Baraz Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 08:46 PM
+1
Posted By: Akari Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 09:04 PM
+1
Posted By: YzzSC Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 09:15 PM
+1
Posted By: DistantStranger Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 09:17 PM
+1
Posted By: Skarpharald Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 09:31 PM
+1
Posted By: Jebble Re: Dialogue Problems - 07/10/20 09:35 PM
Agreed
I agree, or as others have said, +1.
agreed!
Yep found this out earlier and had to reload after accidentally making a bad choice.
Agreed
+1
Yes please!
Originally Posted by Daniel213
Pressing space should fast forward through conversations, as it already does.

But it should not select a speech option. They should be selectable by clicking only, or number keys 1-9.

At least let me change that in the options menu. It's annoying when you're going through a conversation you just had (reloading) and accidentally choose a speech option that you didn't want.

+1
Same issue here. This shouldn't be happening.

It is a bad idea from the start to allow the player to select a dialogue choice by mistake. Once you've listened to conversations once or just read faster than the animations you can easily press Space one too many times and mess up.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1. Please.
+1
+1 would be awesome !
Would be nice to skip a dialogue by a click too.
just joining in to ask for this please.
+1
+1
Hard agree. Been saying this myself. Glad to see a thread about it with so many other people agreeing.
+1
I sometimes read faster than the voice actors and skip the text. I should not be allowed to accidentally select the next dialog option.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Definitely +1
First time through the game I tried to enjoy all the dialog, let the voice actor finish talking, let the dialog auto advance till there were choices to be made.
Next time SKIP SKIP SKIP DOH! I didn't mean to choose that!
Definitely +1
+1 here too chief, specially since sometimes the options appear before a character stops speaking their lines so on 2nd campaign it was very annoying.
+1
+1
© Larian Studios forums