Larian Studios
Posted By: MarcoNeves Body Types - 07/10/20 01:00 AM
Dear Larian,

First off, WOW! This is waaaaay better than your typical early access. It's almost a full build of the game, so Bravo to all!

Suggestion: would it be possible to add Body Types to the Character creation (also for the character one is attracted to)? I was thinking fir build (muscle tone) and muscular build (bigger muscle size) for male and female appearance (cosmetic only if need be). Not only would this deepen the game, it also adds representation.

Thank you so much for all that you do, you guys rock!!

Marco Neves
Posted By: endolex Re: Body Types - 07/10/20 01:46 AM
Very much agreed.
Posted By: Anung un Rama Re: Body Types - 07/10/20 01:56 AM
Different body types would be awesome
Posted By: Autismonaut Re: Body Types - 07/10/20 01:59 AM
I've also always wanted a more geriatric character option. They actually added in good wizard-type beards, but man I want the old crackly Gandalf-archetype to be able to RP as Old Man the Wise.
Posted By: Autismonaut Re: Body Types - 07/10/20 02:19 AM
I've also always wanted a more geriatric character option. They actually added in good wizard-type beards, but man I want the old crackly Gandalf-archetype to be able to RP as Old Man the Wise.
Posted By: Not4mortaleyes Re: Body Types - 07/10/20 04:51 AM
That would be a great feature!
Posted By: Zaemon Re: Body Types - 07/10/20 04:56 AM
true. And true. We want FAT BOTTOM GURLS
Posted By: MarcoNeves Re: Body Types - 14/10/20 09:29 PM
LOL!! Love that Queen song!
Posted By: Uncle Lester Re: Body Types - 14/10/20 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Autismonaut

Or an old mercenary veteran lady.
Posted By: Tomoya Re: Body Types - 14/10/20 09:40 PM
Would love to see them add in a few options for body type.

Height would also be a nice adjustment.
Posted By: silentbrad Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by Tomoya
Would love to see them add in a few options for body type.

Height would also be a nice adjustment.

Agreed. Height, maybe scars and wrinkles. Muscular, stringy, obese (not just wider like with the Fallout character builder), thin. I want to make my chubby human cleric, or a grizzled old fighter.
Posted By: Xeviat Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 04:00 AM
They're already having to deal with animation collisions of the different heights and builds of the different races. Adding in some size options (thin, tone, muscular, overweight) would be appreciated. It might make the intercharacter animations difficult, though. That sex scene was already buggy.
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 04:06 AM
In my opinion if sliders are not an option we should have 4 body types.

It would not impact the current armor models too much but it would really help with immersion.
Muscular, Athletic, Average and Plump.

I don't think Muscular should look like the hulk and neither do I think Plump should be obese. I don't think Larian has the budget to model every single piece of gear to so much variety.
But as long as it's somewhat noticeable and within the theme of the game then its alright.

Originally Posted by Xeviat
They're already having to deal with animation collisions of the different heights and builds of the different races. Adding in some size options (thin, tone, muscular, overweight) would be appreciated. It might make the intercharacter animations difficult, though. That sex scene was already buggy.

Not really these body-types would mostly be abs, guts, shoulder, thigh and upper arm changes. I don't think you should be able to have giant muscular humans. The current model is fine, just give them a bit more muscle (or less in some cases)

The animations should still work with no problems.

Posted By: Sylvius the Mad Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 05:01 AM
I don't remember the last time I saw actual body-type options in a CRPG. NWN?
Posted By: pgmoro Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 10:47 AM
+++1

This was something pathfinder kingmaker had and It was soo good, doesn't even need to be some complex sliders, just some options like
Height1, height 2...
Build 1, build 2

And have height go from the races minimum tô it's Max height and build from slim to ripped than to fat. If there were like 3/4 options in each would already be super great
Posted By: ascet Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 11:41 AM
I would even Take it step further - different body types for NPCs!
Currently most NPCs look like medieval fashion models - looks like they excersize all day and drink apple juice.
Please add some imperfection and variety there as well.
Posted By: Hawke Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Sylvius the Mad
I don't remember the last time I saw actual body-type options in a CRPG. NWN?

Wasteland 3 has lots of body types !
But I get it that it's proibably impossible woith the huge amount of animations.
Posted By: Sadurian Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 12:41 PM
No game that I have experienced has yet given the option to have fat characters. I would like that option but I'm not holding my breath.
Posted By: Shanks Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Sadurian
No game that I have experienced has yet given the option to have fat characters. I would like that option but I'm not holding my breath.

Dragon's Dogma had a surpising range in character creation.

I know that this game probably is too complex for that level of customization, but I agree with the general consensus here that a few different types per race/ genre, would be awesome.
Posted By: andreasrylander Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 03:12 PM
Agreed!!!
Posted By: Sadurian Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Shanks
Originally Posted by Sadurian

Dragon's Dogma had a surpising range in character creation.

I've not played that but have watched a Youtube video on the different body types. I think 'surprising' is spot on. That seems the game to play if you want to create circus freaks! Should BG3 go for body slider, I hope they will limited them somewhat more.
Posted By: Charod Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 05:27 PM
agreed, different body types, height...would be welcome options in the character creation tool
Posted By: endolex Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 05:39 PM
yes please
Posted By: Peranor Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 05:56 PM
I support this
Posted By: Druid_NPC Re: Body Types - 15/10/20 07:11 PM
+1
Posted By: frequentic Re: Body Types - 16/10/20 07:09 PM
So, forum maintenance seem to have purged a good bit of content.

I have been reading through bits and pieces of the Player's handbook and the part about character creation gave me the inspiration to the following-

I would love to see body shape based on the ability stats. Strength = bulkiness, Dexterity = Body fat(?), Constitution = General shape/looking healthy or unhealthy. Taking it further you could have add Charisma = nice Hair/complexion (without going overboard), Wisdom = Pleasant forehead wrinkles. This could be combined with body sliders or entirely stand alone. I would be very happy with either, but I'd love it to be slightly forced upon me based on the body stats.
Posted By: WinterbornGuard Re: Body Types - 16/10/20 07:17 PM
Agree with OP. Would love to see scars added as a cosmetic option also.
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Body Types - 16/10/20 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Charod
agreed, different body types, height...would be welcome options in the character creation tool

Height would be the hardest thing to implement due to animations especially when it involves several races.

The best thing they can do is just morph the body they have now subtly to give the impression of the character's plump or muscular build without messing with too many armors or animations.
© Larian Studios forums