Larian Studios
Posted By: Newtinmpls Suddenly not playing my character - 09/10/20 05:36 AM
So we grouped with Asarian (?) annoying, told him to meet up at camp, same for Gale. So we have four potential additions to our party, we choose our characters and Le'zel and Shadowheart. Then mid fight, I have no access to my character, nor my summoned cat; I'm playing one NPC (Shadowheart) and my partner is playing our two characters, my cat, and Le-zel (I'm sure I've got the spelling wrong)

This is VERY annoying.
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: Suddenly not playing my character - 09/10/20 05:54 AM
Then we go back and the last four saves or so bring up this same problem. No way for me to "reclaim" my character.

So eventually we find a save that is working normally. What the heck happened and how can it be fixed if it happens again???
Posted By: Bray Re: Suddenly not playing my character - 09/10/20 06:09 AM
Multiplayer is super buggy as of right now, you will probably only get more frustrated down the road.
Wouldn't really recommend until its polished a little unless your okay having to reload a few times
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: Suddenly not playing my character - 10/10/20 12:31 AM
I get that early access is going to be buggy, but what the heck is happening? Is there any way to re-assign characters on purpose?
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: Suddenly not playing my character - 12/10/20 04:48 AM
Still this happened again.

Saved.. played other games. Logged in again and I'm listed as playing Shadowheart, and my former Teifling original character is now an NPC that I don't have the option of playing.

Seriously this is NOT COOL
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: Suddenly not playing my character - 12/10/20 04:50 AM
We go back MULTIPLE saves and this is still the case.

How do you re-assign characters!?!?!?!?
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: Suddenly not playing my character - 12/10/20 04:58 AM
As Shadowheart I can talk to other NPCs but cannot interact with PCs
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: Suddenly not playing my character - 12/10/20 07:07 AM
Went back to camp, disconnected the NPCs, left the game, came back

Then we were in the wrong characters.

Left, My partner tried to choose "his" character, I logged in again, and we were in our correct characters.

Added NPCs, summoned bear, fought.

Saved. (many times) had an issue so had to go back to a saved game.

I'm in the wrong character again. He has all the NPCs

We go back to camp...there is a bunch of dialoge boxes showing that none of us can read, and then other NPCs start attacking. NO F-ing idea what the F is going on.

Logged out. Eventually we will try again, but multiplayer is massively bugged to Heck.
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: Suddenly not playing my character - 10/08/21 10:27 PM
still is there a way to re assign characters???
© Larian Studios forums