Larian Studios
Posted By: Weekend more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 09:57 PM
ok we need more conditions for autosaves.
on every short rest
on every camp start
on every fight start
on every quest objective updates

It happened to me alot that i forgot to save and my last save was an hour before!
Posted By: tourmaline Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:03 PM
It sounds like they're working on this. From Hotfix #2's announcement: "we suggest quicksaving frequently, as we add more autosave points in the game"
I agree, though, that more are needed.
Posted By: Weekend Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:08 PM
what they are doing is I believe is to add autosave triggers in the map but I think adding a simple conditional autosave can go along way. specially when you start a camp or short rest!
Posted By: DrunkPunk Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Weekend
what they are doing is I believe is to add autosave triggers in the map but I think adding a simple conditional autosave can go along way. specially when you start a camp or short rest!

they're probably adding both. but it's good feedback either way.
Posted By: tourmaline Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:21 PM
I just realized my post might have sounded like I was saying it was something bad (or whatever?) to ask, and in case that's how it came across, I'm sorry and that's not what I intended. I was just trying to share the news that they are apparently adding in more "autosave points" (which I took to mean just more cases in which it autosaves, but I guess points on the map makes sense with that wording) in case anyone didn't know. I also expected it to autosave before resting, and I think that is a good idea and should be added in.
Posted By: clavis Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:22 PM
Disagreeing with this. I personally think they have enough, and to add more will simply add more blinking to the game. Which can trigger seizures, headaches and things. I personally feel the autosaves are enough, and it's on the player to remember to save.

Especially do to the time in between fights being rather small. Your talking about adding quicksaves where they may very well trigger every five minutes. It's easier for 'you' to get in the habit of saving when you

on every short rest
on every camp start
on every fight start

this would be alot of blinking, and even annoying. Short rests are a button push by you the player, so is f5.

Every fight start, do you mean every time there is a probability of fighting? If so thats nearly every npc you approach, including your other party members. Or if it's every time the fight activates? you may very well want to save b4 that in case you can't beat the fight. So suddenly for every fight there is 2 saves. one right b4, one right before that one.

Every camp start again it's a button press for 'you' to do that, so is f5.

every quest objective update. Depending on how you run through areas that could be every 30 - 60 seconds in some areas. for instance the grove has multipule quests all within a short time of each other. So your screen will be spazzing out rapidly which again can cause seizuers, headaches, and other things.

I personally feel it is the players responsibility to add these extra saves, and find the autosaves to be sufficient as they are.
Posted By: DrunkPunk Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:26 PM
it may be the player responsibility, but it's still a nice thing developers can do to prevent people who don't know better from losing hours upon hours of gameplay. and to suggest it would trigger seizures is reaching quite a bit.
Posted By: Weekend Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by tourmaline
I just realized my post might have sounded like I was saying it was something bad (or whatever?) to ask, and in case that's how it came across, I'm sorry and that's not what I intended. I was just trying to share the news that they are apparently adding in more "autosave points" (which I took to mean just more cases in which it autosaves, but I guess points on the map makes sense with that wording) in case anyone didn't know. I also expected it to autosave before resting, and I think that is a good idea and should be added in.

no need to be sorry man, we all are gathered here to see our beloved game get better!
Originally Posted by clavis
Disagreeing with this. I personally think they have enough, and to add more will simply add more blinking to the game. Which can trigger seizures, headaches and things. I personally feel the autosaves are enough, and it's on the player to remember to save.

Especially do to the time in between fights being rather small. Your talking about adding quicksaves where they may very well trigger every five minutes. It's easier for 'you' to get in the habit of saving when you

on every short rest
on every camp start
on every fight start

this would be alot of blinking, and even annoying. Short rests are a button push by you the player, so is f5.

Every fight start, do you mean every time there is a probability of fighting? If so thats nearly every npc you approach, including your other party members. Or if it's every time the fight activates? you may very well want to save b4 that in case you can't beat the fight. So suddenly for every fight there is 2 saves. one right b4, one right before that one.

Every camp start again it's a button press for 'you' to do that, so is f5.

every quest objective update. Depending on how you run through areas that could be every 30 - 60 seconds in some areas. for instance the grove has multipule quests all within a short time of each other. So your screen will be spazzing out rapidly which again can cause seizuers, headaches, and other things.

I personally feel it is the players responsibility to add these extra saves, and find the autosaves to be sufficient as they are.

they could just add it BUT turn it off as default in the gameplay options. So both types of people could benefit!
Posted By: reedmilfam Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:29 PM
Or, have the best of both worlds. Make a set of AUTOSAVE OPTIONS. Let us select when we want the game to do so. While F5 is just a key away, it's an interface issue. I prefer to focus on playing and not on managing the saves so much. Being accustomed to autosave on rest and area transitions, I expect the game to do that. Others want to do it all manually - hence I recommend AUTOSAFE OPTIONS.

Thanks for hearing me out!
Posted By: Weekend Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by reedmilfam
Or, have the best of both worlds. Make a set of AUTOSAVE OPTIONS. Let us select when we want the game to do so. While F5 is just a key away, it's an interface issue. I prefer to focus on playing and not on managing the saves so much. Being accustomed to autosave on rest and area transitions, I expect the game to do that. Others want to do it all manually - hence I recommend AUTOSAFE OPTIONS.

Thanks for hearing me out!

yeah I mean some parts of the game's story was so shocking/engaging to me that I often forget to save! I mean it was a problem for me in my first run of div 1 and 2 but on 2nd and 3rd run you know what to expect and not that much engaged/surprised in the story so you have them fingers on f5!
Posted By: clavis Re: more autosave triggers - 09/10/20 11:19 PM
I like the autosave options idea. I tend to either f5 or save games regularly, especially any in EA do to random crashes, bugs, and stuff.
© Larian Studios forums