Larian Studios
Posted By: Nyanko Camp should look different in the underdark - 10/10/20 06:59 PM
Having a lovely opening in the forest with a stream nearby doesn't make any sense in the underdark. I am not asking to have every single type of environment for camps but at least three: exterior, cave (underdark) and urban (village, city). It would not break the immersion like it does currently in the game I think.

Thanks. Loving the game so far.
I love the idea of regional camps, I hope this is/gets on their road map!
I think there should be a distinction between "main camp" (where everyone waits, there's tents, etc.) and "temporary camp" which you can make in the underdark, while traveling, etc.
Yes! I would also like more customization of the camp. Like having an actual tent for my bedroll, or somewhere comfy for Scratch to sleep.
And if using long rest/camp in underdark, dungeons, dangerous places, then that should be reflected. Maybe even a chance of random encounters that could be a real problem to discourage simply using long rest repeatedly.
That seems to work well in other crpgs...
Posting to bump interest this thread and all of it's ideas.
Well seems some folks like the idea so let's bump it again.
+1
Another poster had a great idea IMO - give characters a pocket dimension artifact or spell that is used for camp. That way it makes sense that the camp always looks the same, and you can do more dramatic stuff with what it looks like. Characters have their own rooms or sections of the camp which reflects their personality, your personal blacksmith imp, furniture, art, trophies, etc.)
Posted By: Tuco Re: Camp should look different in the underdark - 10/10/20 10:26 PM
I agree, but I also assumed that was always the plan on the long run and we aren't really telling Larian anything new.
Originally Posted by LawRecords
Another poster had a great idea IMO - give characters a pocket dimension artifact or spell that is used for camp. That way it makes sense that the camp always looks the same, and you can do more dramatic stuff with what it looks like. Characters have their own rooms or sections of the camp which reflects their personality, your personal blacksmith imp, furniture, art, trophies, etc.)

Oooh, I love it. There's a spell that makes a mansion like that but it's rather high level. I'm sure Gale could find a way to do this for us. If he can turn himself into a magic bomb, surely he can whip up a little pocket dimension.
It could be an artifact that your PC finds on the nautilus ship. That way you don't need a high level spellcaster and you would have it right from the start of the game. And Larian wouldn't need to do redundant work by creating "regular" camp environments in addition to the pocket dimension. Over time the "camp" gets more elaborate as your party grows. Maybe you find spells or runes or something that increases the artifact's power which makes it get extra features.
+100000
I don't like the idea of the artifact much cause Gale would be annoyingly asking for it. And I don't want him to eat my camp :P
© Larian Studios forums