Larian Studios
There is no rule in 5e preventing damage stacking. I should be rolling 1d8(longbow)+1d8(CS)+1d6(HM)+Dex modifier, but I never do. If the lack of stacking is conscious game design there's no indication of it, though I assume it's a bug.

Also Colossus Slayer is completely inconsistent. It even applies on enemies with full HP most of the time.
I've yet to see Colossus Slayer work, and I regret taking that instead of Horde Breaker or even going Beast Master for a bear or wolf.
Originally Posted by Marcus Artorius
I've yet to see Colossus Slayer work, and I regret taking that instead of Horde Breaker or even going Beast Master for a bear or wolf.

It only works for me when I DON'T use Hunter's Mark. And even then only sometimes (I know the target should have less than max HP, so it's not that).

From my experience Colossus Slayer works consistently, if anything Colossus Slayer works TOO well, as in it also procs if you hit target at full HP. Clearly that is a bug and I guess it's because damage applied is in 2 separate portions as implied in the log, as in it probably first applies the arrow damage and then checks if CS can proc, but of course it can because target is already not max health.

Hunter's Mark does not work at all now..

© Larian Studios forums