Larian Studios
Posted By: H3ll Pme What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 12:00 PM
Nothing too big that's out of the realm of possibilities and even stuff we already know they will probably add at one point but you are eager to play around with

Here is my list:
Feats: War Caster, Resilient
Subclasses: Tempest Cleric
Spells: Spiritual Weapon, Booming Blade
Subraces: Githzerai (Or any other +2 wisdom race/subrace [I really want firbolg but I know it's not gonna happend])

What's on your wishlist?
I'm really hoping they add Swashbucklers. It's in Xanathar's, so I'm not sure if they will, but it's my favorite rogue subclass.

Apart from that, I'd like to see them stick to D&D 5e rules and not deviate more than necessary.
Posted By: Sechrima Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 12:28 PM
I don't have time right now to write an extensive list of things I want in the game, but to start off, I'd like to see these races:

• Gith with Githyanki and Githzerai as subraces
  • Duergar subrace of dwarves (why not if we have Drow?)
  • Gnome, including deep gnome subrace
  • Dragonborn
  • Aasimar
  • Genasi
Posted By: Athann Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 12:40 PM
My whish:

- 6 party members (it is not to late for this)
- adding xanathar's guide and sword coast subclasses and origins
- adding an option for the die in conversations (likt this you can choose if you truly want to gamble your choices away)
-Day and night cycle
- micromanagement of the camp
-normal longswords (they are too big) or make short swords longer.
-Yuan-ti. (as a playable race)

all of this and the game should be perfect in replayability and gameplay laugh
Posted By: Slapstick Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 12:55 PM
Just more base classes, races, feats and spells - faithfully implemented according to the rules, and I would be happy.
Multiclassing would be a big boon, but it's not really that important. There's only a couple of multiclassings I would consider (Barbarian + Fighter, Paladin + Sorcerer. That's about it).

If I were reaching for a long shot, then I'd love to have the Tortle with a bunch of tortle-specific dialogue laugh

P.S. OH! And make dialogue relevant spells like Friends and Thaumaturgy and Detect Thoughts castable IN DIALOGUE, and not something I have to precast.
Posted By: Druid_NPC Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 12:56 PM
- Variant human
- Spell sniper feat
- Being able to see the DC of a check before choosing the option
- Group jump and crouch
- Necromancy school
- More options in character creator ( sliders, scars, more tattoos, more faces, etc. )
- More short rests and less available long rests.
Posted By: H3ll Pme Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 01:11 PM
100% agree with all of this besides being able to see the DC. I feel like it would make the game feel less alive and more mechanical, were you just pick the option with the highest chance as opposed to picking the more appealing option.
Full PHB implementation. A boy can dream.
Posted By: ste100 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 01:20 PM
My wishlist ?...

1) I would like to have in my party a female companion (any race) with Alix Wilton Regan VA. I just love her voice.

2) Fully voiced main character + minimum 5 pre-made characters with unique origin stories.

3) Same as Whistler from Sneakers Movie: I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men - also in here.
Posted By: nedmo0000 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 01:35 PM
-more party banter this was an amazing new feature that I hope they add more to it
-party members chiming in more in side quests
-Camera freedom of movement (maybe even first person view?) - I want to see the beautiful world.
-Better party movement management - multiple select, formations, etc..
Posted By: clanpot Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 01:43 PM
My wish list is 0% D&D additions and 100% QoL things

- clearer combat math
- maybe just a hint of how difficult a check a dialog challenge will be before seeing the DC
- better inventory management / better merchant interface (did they delete the "sell wares" button from D:OS or am I blind?)
- hover text on all the game terms so people who haven't memorized the PHB know what things mean
- removal of trap options on level up (why can Asterion take the Light Armor Proficiency feat when he already has that proficiency?)
- better pathfinding all around. combats should never devolve to enemies that can't get to you just eating 5 rounds of arrows
- improved party traversal wrt jumping. The underdark gets pretty tedious if you have to jump each character from platform to platform
- fewer useless items and empty containers (I imagine some of these items will have a use eventually but the container glut is tedious)
- better alt-highlighting, especially around things revealed via perception checks. camera not looking at it? hope you've got an eagle eye.
- make more things expire on short/long rest. specifically, ranger's animal speaking and cleric's guidance - those should just be always on
- auto party-halt options. if my lead character spots a trap i want them to stop the whole party rather than gleefully walk into it
Posted By: Tuco Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 01:45 PM
In short,

- Better party controls (traditional RTS-like controls as used by the past Infinity Engine games, Pathfinder Kingmaker and countless others VS the shitty chain/unchain system Larian insists to use).
- Six men party (and the previous point is basically a pre-requisite for this).
- Better and slimmer inventory management (less useless garbage to pick up, all keys automatically added to a "keyring", all texts summarized in a separate menu without filling bag space, all food removed or abstracted as some generic "food" resource -i.e. Lords of Xulima- etc.).
- A whole lot of companions, not necessarily bound to be "playable origin stories" and not necessarily available from the beginning.
- Extended party. Meaning the possibility to keep companions around at your base/camp/whatever even when you are not bringing them around in your current group.
- A whole lot of minor tweaking, frankly of very secondary importance after the above mentioned stuff (i.e. cosmetic adjustment, ruleset tweaking, etc.).
- More classes and races, but I guess most of them are coming.

ALSO

Things I'd love to se but I know it's a waste of time to ask for, because Larian already said they won't happen

- Proper passing of time and a night and day cycle.
Posted By: nedmo0000 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 01:46 PM
Minsc and boo they have every reason to bring them back
Posted By: Nyanko Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 01:51 PM
-Better camera handling, especially in small areas like caves. It's quite messy at the moment.
-Shortcut to link and unlink party member all at once.
-Group jump (tired of making them jump one at a time)
-Group stealth (same as above)
-Make the hand crossbow actually being useful over light crossbow (Useable along with a shield or in dual wield with a dagger)
Posted By: Imendil Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 01:51 PM
  • Day/Night cycle
  • Random encounters (on map and when sleeping)
  • Non tadpoled companions
  • Removal of teleport from anywhere on map (jump between runes is ok)
  • Fatigue when not resting for prolonged time (12 hours in armor running and fighting, come on, give them a break!)
  • Camp shouldn't be always safe happy place
  • Romance that makes sense, not as now, randomly everyone wants to hook-up
  • Possibility to do part of quests for companions at camp
  • Dialogues without helmets and armor when at camp
  • More scary face options, it's hard to make "evil" and intimidating character that looks like Mr. Bean
  • Party formation!
Faithful 5e implementation. At least the content of the PHB and the Adventures Guide to the Swordcoast.
Posted By: Raflamir Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 02:00 PM
Custom party
Face sliders or lots of preset options for face parts
Traditional party management
Group stealth and jump
An option to turn off the camera change during conversation
Removal of plotting next move
Anything that could improve camera and targeting
Removal of companion approval/disapproval for companions who are not present
Redo every animation in which characters touch each other(though they're so bad I think they are probably placeholders)
Redo main character facial animations(again, probably placeholders)
Loot that looks like what you took off of the NPC's body
Nyyber
Sword handles that look like sword handles
Scabbards
No swords on the back

*My character to not be a terrified weakling with their facial reactions.
*Detect Evil (the Paladin Class as well, I know its bee confirmed just confirming)
*Key rings
*Book Rack in Camp, a way to auto send Books to your library for easy finding would be great.
*Less empty Barrels and chests, sometimes its like playing a bad app on the iphone. "What's in the Barrel"
*Bounties (This was absolutely Great easy extra content add in Pillars of Eternity)
*Female Dwarf Companion (It is almost never done, break the mold!!!)
Posted By: H3ll Pme Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 02:31 PM
100% agree with all of this besides being able to see the DC. I feel like it would make the game feel less alive and more mechanical, were you just pick the option with the highest chance as opposed to picking the more appealing option.
Posted By: tPat Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 02:48 PM
- Variant Humans.
- Selectable alignment that effects gameplay.
- Crit fails and crit successes for skill checks, they make PnP a lot more interesting.
- Full PHB/Volo/SCAG/Xanathars/Mordenkainen races/subraces/subsclasses/spells/etc.
- Artificer and updated Warforged.
- Probably other stuff but can't remember.

Posted By: Vekks Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 03:49 PM
Here's a +1 for Xanathar/Tasha/Sword Coast subclass options. Of course, let's focus on getting the rest of the PHB implemented first. But I really do hope they don't stop there. Too many great and interesting options in the additional sourcebooks to skip if you ask me.
Posted By: Thrythlind Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 03:52 PM
Yuan-Ti (though I know that's a long-shot)
Some of what I want is already in the works I've heard, such as more companion interactions/interruptions in dialog convos, more companions overall. Im really enjoying the EA so fair, thought im probably a biased sort having being a fan and repeat player of BG1&2 for 20 years and a fan of the DOS series as well.

I think they confirmed more companions, but I can't remember if they were known for classes. Ideally one for each main 5e class,, but if not I would particularly I'd like Bard, a Ranger and a Druid. At least one I would really like to be a romancing gnome. I feel like they never get the love....

Other notes:
- passive skill checks that aren't shown to the player (i don't want to know if I missed something, makes for more fun in replays imho). I would think its really interesting if you pass by something with one character who likely would notice an arcane sign, but with a differet party set up, maybe its a nature check and a carcter points out a specific plant that is growing there that us useful/valuable. Note the message message in the log window saying you passed a check should include a description of what was noticed in there.

- more 'little' moments with companions, both as PC and between them. I suspect this is something Larian has planned,but still want to list it. More comments about the world, to each other, etc

- inn/taverns. When we get out of the "woods", I'd like the option to have "camp" activities in a inn or tavern. My fancy self wants real beds for me characters.

- tie environment effects to the ground type: eg, if i cast fire ball on a stone surface, I don't expect it to hang around. It can even be scaled like: fireball ground effects last x rounds based on: water(0), stone(0), dirt/grass(1), wood (2), grease (3), etc. I love environment effects, but I want it to feel more engaging than just burn everything for ever.

-duergar sub race for dwarves. Human Culture "subgroups". There are a lot of fun human culturalgroups in Faerun and I'd love to be able to select some in place of a "subrace" for humans.

- group player size at 5 not 4. Just allows a bit more freedom.

Posted By: Roarro Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 05:14 PM
Apart from most of the above(6 person party,its Baldurs Gate not DoS3) my biggest wish is for this not to be true
"Is your party permanent or can you change members out throughout the adventure?
Recruited companions will be at camp when not in the adventuring party, and can be swapped in and out at camp. After the first act however you are going to have to commit, also just like in real life."
Taken straight from the help section of launcher. Nothing can be more gamebreaking for me than this shit.
Posted By: Switchford Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 05:40 PM
*More character creation options. Scars, better tattoos, etc.
*Better representation of modifiers when roll happens.
*Group stealth and jump.
*Better idea of when I absolutely need to long rest. I think I'm going way too long between them and I'm missing stuff at the camp. How long are days here? I'm really confused about the passage of time.
*More than one Short rest.
*Less corny reactions from my Lolth sworn Drow Warlock. Maybe my extremely dangerous character shouldn't fall on his butt at the beginning of the game. It kind of takes me out of the cinematic.

Posted By: Thrythlind Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 05:41 PM
Oh! For tieflings....you have hornless...but can you have one with a broken horn (left or right?) I have a character named Shard whose defining physical characteristic is that one of her horns is broken from a past battle.
Posted By: Axis Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 05:45 PM
Remove the % chance of hitting.
Also being able to see the enemies’ stats.

You can’t do either of those things in 5e... I’m finding that I’m choosing my spells/attacks rather than what I think would be best.
My wishlist:

1. Minsc & Boo
2. Bring in all of the core playable races. Gnome. Dragonborn. Half-orc.
3. Some of the Volo's races would be cool. I'd love to play a tabaxi (or encounter one as a companion).
4. Jaheira yelling "For the Fallen"
5. More race/culture based dialogue options. Playing a Gith for example should be a totally different experience. Also, my Zariel tiefling should have more investment in the whole Elturel/Avernus/Refugee thing that is going on.
6. Round out the classes. Bards. Barbarians. Sorcerers. PALADINS. Druids. Monks. Honestly could care less about things like artificers - but I'm sure someone does, so include those as well. I am looking forward to DIVINE SMITE.

Thank you.
Posted By: Creslin321 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 06:36 PM
Bard
Paladin
Hexblade warlock
1. Younger looking human male faces (find it funny that DOS2 has these but not this game)
2. Removing disengage from jump and making it its own bonus action (getting tired of having my fighter having to avoid attacks of opportunity by bunnyhopping all over the battlefield)
3. Body and height options, more facial customization options like scarring
4. Being able to use weapon actions more than once per rest (was this even a rule in 5e? I don't seem to recall this being a thing in the PHB so someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
5. Removing surface effects from cantrip spells
6. Having party members join in during conversation skill checks and rolls (like in Wasteland 3 where the skill check is done by the party member with the highest points in said skill)
Posted By: Baraz Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 08:15 PM
Hello Babel_Lioncloak,

To answer your question about weapon special actions : no they do not exist in 5e, but I do find them fun and well done.

As to whether it should be once per combat or once per Short Rest would depend on playtesting to see if it hurts the game balance or not.
Posted By: Lastman Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 08:40 PM
5-6 party nighmare difficultys so good!
Posted By: BROttorney Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 09:42 PM
QoL
-Improved Jump pathing (if I go from a legal jump to an illegal jump I should be able to move the cursor slightly back and have it be legal again)

Game feature
-Hexblade Warlock
-Aasimars
-Warcaster feat
Posted By: mikerock Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/10/20 11:41 PM
Fix all the wizard spells (I hate the cantrips in their current implementation)
Add all the spells available from the PHB, SCAG, PotA at least...Xanathar's would be sweet too. (why are key spells just not there....Spiritual Weapon for example).
More races especially: Dragonborn, Gnomes, Half-Orcs
All the classes and sub-classes from the PHB, some select choices from other books, including sub-class options.
Better companion options/fixes to the beast master and also to the familiars (if they're going to level up with you, give them some form of benefit)

Posted By: Baraz Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/10/20 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by BROttorney
QoL
-Improved Jump pathing (if I go from a legal jump to an illegal jump I should be able to move the cursor slightly back and have it be legal again)

(...)

Excellent wishlist : these would greatly improve the playability. QoL often sounds of less importance, but it impacts the fun players are having !
Posted By: clanpot Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/10/20 04:31 PM
I'll add another one just for the EA: indicators on quests that cannot be completed in the EA. I had to read online about where exactly the endpoint for some of the quests is because they stay in your journal and there's no indication you cannot complete them.
Posted By: Postwave Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/10/20 04:39 PM
I'm going to leave out UI improvements because I assume they're given.

I'd REALLY like the option for a 5 player party.

I would love to see all of the PHB and Xanathar's classes and subclasses implemented. Heck, I'd be perfectly fine with the PHB options now and the Xanthar's ones added in a $60 expansion later. Spells and feats from Xanathar's, too.

Speaking of Xanathar's, the Tool Proficiencies chapter is nice and elegant and it'd be cool to see that implemented. The game seems full of tools that don't do anything right now, anyway, so, maybe?

I'd also like to see more weapons with more differentiation. (See thread on longbow vs short bow range.) This could be just more fun magic weapons, but maybe also use the optional "speed factor" rules in the DMG.
Originally Posted by tPat
- Variant Humans.
- Selectable alignment that effects gameplay.
- Crit fails and crit successes for skill checks, they make PnP a lot more interesting.
- Full PHB/Volo/SCAG/Xanathars/Mordenkainen races/subraces/subsclasses/spells/etc.
- Artificer and updated Warforged.
- Probably other stuff but can't remember.

Agree mostly. But not for the skill checks. In 5e skill checks do not auto succed on 20 and auto fail on a 1. Attacks however do work like that.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/10/20 06:12 PM
My wish list :

- increased party size (5 is good,6 is better)
- less surfaces because I'd like this mecanic to be special, not usual (in every combat against every weak ennemies)
- improved UI so it looks less like DoS and/or more like a new gen BG (books, minimap, portrait, fast travel, character sheet,...)
- PHB classes and subclasses
- rework of the jump mecanic (exploit during combat, unfriendly during exploration)
- remove the chain mecanics and find something better
- more companions
- better reaction so we can really choose when to use them
- a better balance between combat/rest/spellslot/... (the fact that resting is too easy and too usual beteween 1 or 2 combat - add one more companion without any other changes could probably solve everything)
- real villages, inn and life in the world, but we only experienced act 1
- more magical items, because you only find items for a few specific classes/builds atm during act 1 (with a good balance because this shouldn't become "normal items"... I would love to find more magical items and less surfaces arrows/potions, spell items and being able to "dip" everything...)
- more epic music, especially during combats.
- the ability to roll caracteristic while creating my characters and/or the removal of the actual limitations (why can't I put 18 points atm or less than 8 ???)

Now what won't happen :
- D/N cycle with meteo effects/sounds
- RTWP option^^ (that was a sweet taunt, please don't react)
Posted By: Noraver Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/10/20 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Athann

THIS BUGS ME TO NO END
The longswords are WAY too long, and the shortswords are WAY too short.

For me, I want Tiefling Tail options (None please!), and more spells in general from additional rulebooks.
I would like to see all the Elemental Evil rulebook be implemented, because currently, spell lists are looking pretty barebones and boring. There's no variety, and I find myself taking the exact same spells each time.
Like, why is Spiritual Weapon not in the game? It's in the Player's Handbook, and one of the best spells, if not the best spell to help Clerics deal some damage in combat. Having this of all things missing, feels sooooooo bad.

Granted, a lot of utility spells can't be used as they would on tabletop (which is fine, I wouldn't expect them to be), but combat spells can be. Things like Ice Knife/Tidal Wave/Erupting Earth can be implemented with ease, so I hope they do get added.
New races like Aasimar/Dragonborn/Genasi as well, would be nice.
Posted By: pill0ws Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/10/20 03:14 AM
Systems
-Party size 5
-Hold Action (proximity command: Target spell cast at ground, character waits and casts when trigger zone is breached)
-Disengage costs and action, Hide costs an action
-Duelist fighting style works with shield rather than only if off-hand is empty-
-Cunning Action restored to its glory
-Defend command
-Grapple Command (even if they decide to keep shove as bonus)
-I kind of like object interaction being a bonus action, especially with all the items in game.
-Standing up while prone no longer cost action, only movement
-Jump no longer cost action, only movement
-Firebolt matched to 5e stats (with capacity to ignite flammables but not every surface imaginable)
-Create Bonfire/Produce flame added to fill role of 'fire surface coverage"
-Dual wield rapiers and no other arbitrary limitations on which finesse weapons you can dual wield
-Ability to pour potions down allies throat while they are down (serve potion to allies)
-Disguise Self allows you to mimic humanoid "monster" races like Goblins/Bugbears

Content
-Xanthar subclasses
-Half-orcs (that death save is going to make so many players happy)
-Githzerai (for the statblock)
-Dragonborn
-Feral Tiefling (Fly command similar to imp, can be level locked like other racial features sometimes are)
-Eladrin or Shadar-kai Elf (misty step elves)
-Human Variant (the infamous level 1 feat monster)
-Ghostwise Halflings (Since Rangers are looking nice, how bout some more ranger races)
-Xanthar Spells (Zephyr Strike, Toll the Dead, etc)
-Xanthar Warlock invocation
-Xanthar Feats
-SCAG cantrips (Booming Blade/Green Flame would feel great in this game)
-Whips

Specific desired subclasses
Hexblade
Celestial Warlock
Samurai
Swashbuckler
Wild Magic Sorcerer
Shadow Magic Sorcerer
Gloomstalker
Oath of Conquest
as many monk sublclasses as possible minus boring Kensei (yea... I said it)
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/10/20 03:25 AM
-Hide helmet option
-more clothing/attractive armor options
-hold person to work on winged humanoids
-more options for summoned pets (possibly a mount)
-ability to assign characters to players (via host in multiplayer)
-shapechange option (i.e. Druid)
-more male heads
-more body options (and more clothing options - a Gith male wizard looks really really small headed if ya know what I mean)
Posted By: Praetox Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/10/20 03:34 AM
Wild magic, and some of the more choice tentacle beast spells for the great old one warlock to really capitalize on Having a tad pole growing on your brain while in a pact with an unknowable group of tentacle and Maggitt beast elder gods
Posted By: Praetox Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/10/20 03:39 AM
A pact with Gibbeth or nihal should really throw a spammer on the illithid’s plans
  • Classes: Bard and Monk, hands down.
  • Features: A more expansive Character Creator. Sliders or better looking presets, hair styles. More effeminate looking men (and even buff looking women). More Companions to choose from. Also looking forward to sex. Not gonna lie. A dynamic alignment meter. I'd like to see how my actions and choices would affect my character's alignment. I agree with the option to hide helmet. Increase party size to 6.
  • Spells: Hexblade. I like playing Warlock.
  • Fixes: For casting things like Thaumaturgy to actually work outside of battle. It's supposed to assist with charisma checks (skill proficiencies) but it didn't -do- anything. Summoned familiars/beasts scale with player level. If a character initiates a cutscene after a battle, for it to automatically go to my main character and not the last person in my party that dealt the killing blow.
when I'm done reading a book or letter and close out it takes me back to my inventory.
Posted By: Doomlord Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/10/20 03:58 AM
1. Mouse Look ( why build an adventure / combat game any other way? )

2. Tone down the onslaught from every mob, fire pots, acid pots, exploding arrows..seems way over powered compared to past game i've played at this level 1st lv-4th

3. Also.. there is this thing... I love the game, ok I DO i like the story so far. But there is this feeling, that I'm playing video game chess during combat.. no sense of chaos in battle.. I mean there is chaos, but I don't know, it's just all feels so planned out, not a fan. Not sure if there is anything that can be done to address that.

4. Neverwinter nights under your companions character sheet, there was a command page, where you could set your companions responses in situations. I would like to see something like that, however now that I think about it Neverwinter was not turned based.. so pointless.

5) One last thing, I dont get the sense that my companion rogue is actually a rogue. He never searches for traps and with tools he has a bismal success rate at opening chest.. horrible actually.

I come from playing Dungeons and Dragons online, Ive been there since 2007.. Im pretty nerdy. Trying not to pass judgment on this game by what Turbine did with DDO.

I could go on about a lot of things, but this being EA , I know many if not all of those concerns are known issues and will be addressed.

I have over 40hrs on this EA and I still have not beat all the main baddies, Good game so far.

P.S

Old looking wizards with long hair, and Dwarfs with long braided beards .. smile
I really want these subclass options from Xanathar's Guide:

Ranger - Gloom Stalker
Rogue - Scout
Sorcerer - Divine Soul

And I also want to see a Panther pet option for the Beastmaster.
Posted By: JDCrenton Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 16/10/20 05:17 AM
They already threw us the Underdark low leveled in EA, were introduced to Illithids, Extraplanar Travel, a Layer of Hell, Demons, Tieflings, Imps, Drow, Beholder, Spiders and yet i don't even see Duergar mentioned.
Posted By: Zarna Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 16/10/20 07:39 AM
My main wish:
The ability to raise the camera up. Hate feeling like a hunchback with a broken neck. Also hard to properly scout and make tactical decisions currently

A toggle for attaching the camera to the movement. Too many times I forget to not move character with keys
Faster enemy turns in combat, they take too long deciding what to do
Enemies to attempt to find cover or remove themselves from the area rather than freezing in place if player is hidden.
More loot in less locations. Let us loot once for a group of barrels rather than each one
Better inventory management, if I organise my inventory I would like it to show this at a vendor rather than the current jumble
Would like inventory to not close out after I am done reading something in it
A toggle for auto jump for companions.
Ability to click on portraits for targeted spells, etc
Better pathfinding for companions, if I walk around the puddle of acid I expect them to do the same since they can see where I walk
All XGtE and SCAG stuff

Minor wishes:
More gods for Clerics. Mask and Vhaeraun in particular but I am probably biased
Perhaps a demeanour setting when creating character. Sometimes looking scared or sad in cutscene is immersion breaking
Helmet toggle
More faces, hairs, scars, tattoos

Posted By: Lebbeus Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 16/10/20 07:39 AM
Well to start off, and this may seem unreasonable but this is a Wishlist. Not a I will hate the game if it doesn't have this stuff list.

1)This will really sum it up for me. I just want everything that exists, at the very least in the PhB and in stock 5th edition to be implemented in the game as intended. That's obviously just dependent on waiting through early access.

2) It would be pretty sweet to see races, spells, etc. from some of the expanded books for 5th edition. Like Volo's guide etc. Some of that is already in the game so I'm hopeful they'll go whole hog with all that stuff as well.

3) A larger party I could see being interesting especially for online play. I know at least ten people who would love to run through this game with me all at once and it would be a beautiful horrible cluster fuck. But that's what mods are for. A 6 player party would still be a good base game option, though I see how that could affect balancing encounters properly.

4) Again would be interesting to see a plan all movements then execute simultaneously combat system. But that would have a lot of challenges to iron out and I won't expect it in the base game as Larian has already moved forward their turn base style combat.

5) This one is just a pet peeve for me. Playing through EA I found it quite tedious to have to constantly F1 jump across ledge, move out of the way, F2 jump across ledge, move out of the way etc. If there was a select all function to have all party members jump at once, or a more robust AI pathing to have the AI follow across (when chained) with jumps. at the very least there needs to be a jump hotkey, and please make disengage a separate action.

6) Finally in regards to the story I like a lot of the feedback given in other threads about the pre-made PC's being to edgy and decked out in fantastic armor and not really feeling in the same vulnerable state that our created character is. They all have this air of, pfft I don't need you I am a badass about them. Side note that is actually sometimes true to real life DnD campaigns I just began DMing for a new group and our first session was six people sitting at a table not talking to each other playing separate games until I pulled one aside and pleaded to them to help me coral the chuckle heads and edge lords in the party. Anyway That's not how I envision this opening act playing out when everyone has been abducted and infected and stripped of humanity practically. Funnily enough Astorion despite being the edgy vampire rogue was one of the more likable characters because he talked to you and interacted with you. Versus shadowhearts I'm not telling you anything even though we both have the shared experience of being tadpolled, Or Lea'zel's fuck you I'm in charge and you are a whelp mentality when mechanically I could easily kill either of them one on one. I get that edgy characters and conflict in the party are a big aspect of fun and challenge and I don't want that to go away. I just think maybe the choice to have everyone thrown into this shitty situation would elicit more cooperative response from these characters even if they are normally loners or Alphas.

Just food for thought at the end there. Overall I loved the EA. I'll play through it again before it's updated if I get the time. Even with it's flaws it's the closest thing to virtual DnD besides Roll20 so I'm loving it.
Posted By: Zress Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 16/10/20 07:49 AM
Adding to the rest:

- Expertise.
Posted By: Braxton Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 16/10/20 08:46 AM
I want my camp to eventually upgrade to a casting of the magnificent mansion spell, which I get to customise (even if it's just selecting from a range of preset designs).
Posted By: JoanGHosta Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/11/20 07:31 AM
Little selfish but...

Subclasses: Hexblade, Psionic subclass for Sorcerer
Spells: Booming Blade, Greenflame blade (or something like this...)
More cool weapons and outfits
As much level as possible!
Shadowheart to actually be a Divine Soul
Posted By: Riandor Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/11/20 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Noraver
Originally Posted by Athann

THIS BUGS ME TO NO END
The longswords are WAY too long, and the shortswords are WAY too short.

Looks like they’ve gone for the more historical long sword = bastard sword (in length and look), rather than the the more fantasy approach of separating them (old AD&D - or is this still the case in 5e?).

I would prefer the “long swords” to be shorter and aimed at sword and shield users or even dual wield and for bastard swords to have that whole hand a half long look with a +1 if used with off hand free.
Playable Goblins.
Fix rogues, fix control scheme, multiclassing for sure, more feats.
Posted By: gaymer Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/11/20 10:24 AM
Divine Soul Sorcerer
Improved Combat AI
Improved Multiplayer Features
Multiclassing
More spell adaptations
Harder difficulty game mode
Posted By: lol49 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/11/20 10:40 AM
1. My number one wish is definitely a more faithfull 5e adaptation.
2. Number two no question is improving the multiplayer mode.
-Not being able to have any interaction with companions another player controls kills the multiplayer experience.
-Having more than one caharater participate in a conversation is also a must have in an RPG in my opinion. Switching the talking characeter mid conversation would really go a long way.
3.Camera movement. I eally wish i could move the camera up and down instead only left and right.

Edit:
4. Also character creation. A slider for height and weight would be great toghether with a choice of how the character is built (muscular, thin...). Also more options for faces.

5.I am also not sure why we choose a voice in the beginning. Are the voicelines for the custom characters still in progress?
Posted By: Hexblade Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/11/20 10:40 AM
The backgrounds are not enticing. Have options for the different professions, such as Baldur’s Gate army scout or Red Wizard diplomat, with a separate option for just a plain soldier. You could even implement orders & factions here to further personalize the character! Each option should give a minor bonus. I have run into spots where my background came into play, but it wasn’t initially apparent on selection. Perhaps telling the player that it will have an impact on their character’s action choices would be a good idea.

Random name generators would be cool for those not too lazy to click a button (I understand Tav as a character name is a running joke!

Humans: Humans need lots of love. Right now, they are extremely boring. Allow the variant option from the Player’s Handbook (+1 skill, two stat bumps, & 1 Feat). Note that the ethnic variants within humans are already done for you in the Player’s Handbook.

Half-Elves: Allow half-elves to choose between skills (2) OR racial powers. I am not sure why this was taken away, but it is an exceptionally good option for characters in a small party so that the bases can be covered.

Appearance: Make-up should have lip/cheek option. Body types & sizes.

Ability Scores: Major problem here! The point-generation system is great (although it was skewed with the introduction of Lump’s Headband) and all, but some people like to play super-heroes or roll their scores. I suggest you allow rolling, but scale monster difficulty with total ability points above (or below) certain thresholds to keep it challenging.

Multi-Classing

Half-orcs & Dragonborn & Gnomes, oh my!
Posted By: Nyanko Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/11/20 10:49 AM
1. Make the combat more challenging + add difficulty modes
2. Better camera overall. It's really messy sometimes, especially underground
3. Rework of hotbar for spells. It's silly to have multiple icons for different levels of the same spell. One should suffice with options displayed in a popup.

4. As a bonus, a GM mode with full map editor
I agree with a lot of the suggestions on here, many of which I think are already in the works. Examples: More classes, races, char creation options.

Things I am not sure about that I would love to see.....
1. Ability to adjust companions ability scores upon joining. For example, Shadowheart currently has a 9 dex, making her almost useless as a ranged char. If I could switch around her stats, this would make for more replay-ability. Perhaps even change their appearance.

2. As many have mentioned, a five or six member party, allowing more banter and interactions.

3. A custom party option. So I can create my own adventuring group, even without the companions quests and romances and stuff.

4. Fewer clickable barrels, shelves, etc. I spend way too much time checking empty stuff. For that matter, less useless items like forks and plates. If its a useful item or crafting component, fine.

5 Dual classing or multi classing. Especially if a higher level cap is in the works.

6. Ranged weapons having actual ranges. Longbows and heavy crossbows should go farther than shortbows and light crossbows.

7. Starting equipment choices. Let my dwarf fighter start with a warhammer or warlock with a rapier or rogue with a hand crossbow if I choose.
Posted By: mg666 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 13/11/20 05:55 PM
Either
more faithful implementation of 5E where it matters (cost of advantage, proper reactions and cover system among others)
or
just dropping 5E as base and making good story game if not challenging tactical RPG.

Staying in the limbo between those two with hundreds of big and small changes to a fairly well balanced and play-tested documentation definitely not my 9th level spell.
Posted By: EMC_V Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/11/20 09:23 AM
There are a lot of very good suggestions like the one of group hide and jump. That would be great. Also that the places you could walk or jump could be seen. Right now, it is difficult to know which places you can reach.

My wishlist:

1. Origin/stories for custom characters. Not being sidequick to the companions, have your own thing.
2. Diviner subclass from PHB
3. More feats. Specially the ones who aren't just for fighters
4. Summonings.
5. Option to use spells in conversation. Like friendship and charm.
6. More companions and the ability to customize them a bit
7. Less empty containers and more varied equipment. For example: it would be nice to have more clothes models. Diferent colors. To be able to die your armour/clothes. While we have several necklaces, there are few rings, boots, or gloves. No belts and there is no crafting.
8. Fix the scenes triggering so if you qualify at some point you won't miss it for not resting and then miss the rest of the scenes for having missed the first one. Also, the scenes shouldn't depend mostly on using the tadpole powers, because then, many people would miss them.
Posted By: cgexile Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/11/20 04:01 PM
more comedy like this pls so the game does not feel so depressing, thanks! wink
Posted By: guy Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/11/20 04:17 PM
wishlist. More options besides tadpole stuck in head.
Posted By: guy Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/11/20 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by EMC_V
There are a lot of very good suggestions like the one of group hide and jump. That would be great. Also that the places you could walk or jump could be seen. Right now, it is difficult to know which places you can reach.

My wishlist:

1. Origin/stories for custom characters. Not being sidequick to the companions, have your own thing.
2. Diviner subclass from PHB
3. More feats. Specially the ones who aren't just for fighters
4. Summonings.
5. Option to use spells in conversation. Like friendship and charm.
6. More companions and the ability to customize them a bit
7. Less empty containers and more varied equipment. For example: it would be nice to have more clothes models. Diferent colors. To be able to die your armour/clothes. While we have several necklaces, there are few rings, boots, or gloves. No belts and there is no crafting.
8. Fix the scenes triggering so if you qualify at some point you won't miss it for not resting and then miss the rest of the scenes for having missed the first one. Also, the scenes shouldn't depend mostly on using the tadpole powers, because then, many people would miss them.

point 5. There are some spots you use cleric spells in dialogue. Seems to be more cleric related.

Point 7. I collect backpacks and containers to organize ivnt. Plus you can throw the empty containers. They have alot of use.
more horny warlocks, horny wizards, horny goblins, horny bugbears, horny elves, horny dwarfs -just a lot more horny people. A latrine in the camp. Juggling. Epic mounts. Guild banks. Dual wield sjamboks. Playable lamia.
Posted By: Sadurian Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/11/20 04:51 PM
I think Guild banks might be a little too far.

The rest looks perfectly legitimate.
Posted By: guy Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/11/20 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
more horny warlocks, horny wizards, horny goblins, horny bugbears, horny elves, horny dwarfs -just a lot more horny people. A latrine in the camp. Juggling. Epic mounts. Guild banks. Dual wield sjamboks. Playable lamia.

Playable lamia would be bad ass.
Posted By: guy Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/11/20 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool

Originally Posted by Sadurian
I think Guild banks might be a little too far.

The rest looks perfectly legitimate.

Just take the underwear off the base models.
And the bugbear/ ogre scene too.

add a phsyics RNG with female models that tits might pop out in fight.

Add armor damage value so tits can get exposed after so much damage done.

-.- not serious if you can't tell
Feats: War caster, Sentinel, Pole-arm Master
Spells: Counter spell, Shield, Vicious Mockery.
Classes: some of the Xanathar's stuff. College of Swards. Cavalier. Just bards in general. I know they're coming but I love bards. I hope they can come up with a good implementation for bardic inspiration.

Removal of disengage, hide, and shove from bonus actions. I like the idea of adding more baseline bonus actions, but this is really stealing the thunder from a lot of classes and feats. Rogues cunning action, pushing strike, shove as a bonus action from shield master.

Grappling game play. A bit niche, but there are some fun grappler builds out there.

Expertise. One of the best parts of being a rogue or bard that is not in the game yet.

A better system for reactions. I think it is legit a bit trickier to implement in a game, but reactions feel bad right now coming from 5e. You don't have much flexibility and you have to anticipate rather than react.

Dodge action, ready action, and help.

Better party pathing so my group doesn't run through a bunch of traps and into some goblins because I jumped over a pit.
Posted By: fallenj Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 15/11/20 08:52 AM
  • Donkeys
  • Bard Class (heard already multi times its coming)
  • Song Blade weapons
  • More variety of weapons and armor
  • Masterwork weapons and armor instead of shooting straight to +1 gear
  • Spellplague / Spellscarred / Plaguelands (from what I've read so far this has been for the most part healed but some are still present)
  • Earth Nodes, Earthmotes, & Fey Sites
  • Rituals
  • Tools like grappling hook, sap, flint & tinder, etc
  • In-depth crafting system
  • Visible equipment on characters: backpacks, shields, rings, neckless, tools, etc
  • Tags in character creation for different starting locations for example: id like to originally come from Neverwinter
  • Proper weight system
  • Night/day cycle
  • Additional racial features for Halflings (they seem weak compared to other races/missing features)
  • Combat log more in-depth: id like to see EVERYTHING
  • I already know sneak attack is just one die then timed an multiplied, its not actually multi dice (been wondering if advantage is the same way), so actually make multi dice rolls pls.

Edit*
  • Eladrin race (not sure if they made it to 5e also or not but supposedly when the two worlds became one Eladrin, dragonborn, warforged? came from the other world...right?)
About the Warforged.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-yay9V6oiM
Posted By: Abits Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 15/11/20 11:32 AM
-better performance
- some rewrites to certain story threads.
I can live without anything else
Posted By: LD88 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 15/11/20 12:31 PM
Oh my, so many things on my wishlist:

- a full subquest set in the Astral plane (I'm even prepared to put up with Gale for that to happen)
- Nettie as a companion (I'd really rather have her as my healer than annoying Shadowheart)
- Sorcerer with all sorcerous origins available as playable class
- cap on lvl 15, not 13, even if that means a much tougher act 3
- Possibility to romance Halsin, although I fear he is doomed to die at Moonrise Towers
- Encounter with Viconia in the Underdark
- Possibility to cast all spells, but making the most powerful ones very hard to acquire
- possibility to join society of Brilliance, or other organisations, the way we could join the Shadow thieves in BG2
- Proper explanation for why our super powerful companions are lvl1 at the beginning of the game (Gale is supposed to be a prodigy who had sex with a God, Shadowheart was entrusted by Shaarians with an important mission, and Wyll is supposed to be a legend in Baldur's Gate).
I would like to have assassin subclass. We see a bugbear assassin in the game, why not being able to build one?
Would like to bring in my drow assassin from Everwinter Nights.
Posted By: fredahl Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 15/11/20 08:52 PM
-I would like to roll my stats like you can in the previous titles. I used to spend hours doing it. Saving the best result and keep going.
-I would like more more weapon variety (like additional weapon types to what is already in dnd5e) for example a finesse 1d8 sabre (slashing) for dex dual wield.
-I would like to be able to build my own party.
-I would like to have the world be spread out more. And not have so much variety of biomes, monster types and villages concentrated in one map.
-I would like an interesting main villain. Enigmatic powerful and driven by some unknown motivation. Previous titles had that, also other crpgs like torment: tides of numenera and Tyranny. It's kinda tradition.
-I would like to have the alignment choices be less obvious. I don't care for the companion approval pop ups either.
-I would like more dialogue, and it doesn't have to be voice acted. I prefer to imagine how they sound like. And have voice acting for the main quests and such.
-I would like to have the camp mechanic be changed. Instead camping would occur where you set it up, and you can be ambushed at night.
-I would like to keep current social and political themes and ideologies to the bare minimum.
-I would like you to use fan service moderately.

- More Feats!
- Homebrew stuff
Posted By: Soul-Scar Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 15/11/20 08:52 PM
Would like SRD subclasses added as PHB arcane casters and subclasses suck donkey dong.

Level 20 max level, more than 3 acts, allignment, day&night, immersion, D&D 5e, Larian feedback, all currency types, more spells, more feats, variant humans, vastly more customisation options, more weapon types, more armor types, choose starting equipment, scaled down weapons, less warps and fast travel, random encounters, realistic camping .......

Our survey says.....? X lol
Posted By: Svalr Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 15/11/20 10:03 PM
I dunno about the full game, but right now in early access?
I want Monk and also the finished Act 1 ( I am assuming it's unfinished ) with the last section of the act.
I don't think that where it ends right now makes sense, I am expecting it to actually end after solving the Grove issue and leaving.
Posted By: Maerd Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 15/11/20 11:43 PM
1. Great plot that make sense with a lot of real decision options. Less beaten to death tropes, no Mary Sues, goody two shoes, and stupid evil for the sake of evil characters. The character motivation should be logical and believable.
2. Polished fun gameplay that involves as much of my very long list of suggestions (sent to Larian) as possible.

That's pretty much it. I don't care too much about zealous D&D 5e implementation, number of party members, or if some classes will be left out.
* Better implementation of the DnD 5th rules
* Far fewer surface effects and exploding barrels
* Tone down the "Crazy height differences" in every single fight
I wish that the camp beds weren't filled with blood. I want the conversation with Pooldrip the Zealous to work. I want to be able to organize the camp inventory. I want female NPCs that aren't mean or angry
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/02/21 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Kamala Azur
I wish that the camp beds weren't filled with blood. I want the conversation with Pooldrip the Zealous to work. I want to be able to organize the camp inventory. I want female NPCs that aren't mean or angry

Actually, I have had the idea that if they put in Prestidigitation it could be a terrain clearing spell as one of its uses because of the pact that it can clean or soil something so maybe that will become our solution that that problem?
-Day/night cycles, passage of time, atmospheric affects etc...
-Fixed UI and party controls.
-Fixed itemization. (no barrels, less junk, no food during combat, less junk <green, blue, purple, red, orange, pink, brown etcc...> magic items.
-MORE NPCs to play. WAY MORE.
-Not EVERY DIALOGUES should be cinematic. Cringy as hell and time consuming.

Will probably never happen but...bring back limited item SLOTS ala BG2. Makes carrying and equipping items more fun and thoughtful.
More D&D5
Posted By: EMTFields Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/02/21 02:25 PM
More faces for male woodelves. All faces are weird looking, besides 1.
Posted By: BeeBee Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/02/21 04:46 PM
* More expressive character models; currently there are only two or so that make me laugh.
* The possibility to craft AND tint your armour, so that you can dress your party in pink if you want to.
* I really really really want to take over Cazador's lair / Lorroakan's tower / House of Hope and have it as my lush camp base at some point.
Posted By: Magicalus Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 14/02/21 11:39 PM
* - Cambions as a playable race.
* - Possibility to play with a character somehow related to one of Demon Lords (my favorite is Graz'zt, maybe as his follower/warlock or cambion Spawn of Graz'zt?)
* - Maybe some calmer start to the game, before the action with the ilithid invasion of Neverwinter and a tadpole in the head begins. Something that would give the player and character time to get used to everything.
* - 6 party members.
* - Day and night cycle.
[b]* - Possibility of having a different color of the eyebrows than the hair color (if it is not there yet, and someone wants to play someone who resembles Daenerys Targaryen).
*[/b] - Necromancy school.
* - Separate name and surname (you can leave the field blank), thanks to which team members and friends call us by our first name, and strangers, e.g. Mr. Highcliff.
* - More face options.
* - More race/culture based dialogue options.
*- Multi-Classing.
* - The option to choose a religion for each character, not just a cleric or paladin, and to include the Archdevils and Demon Lords in the deity list, not just a few gods.
* - The emergence of known characters as NPCs. Like Drizzt, Elminster, Jarlaxle, Artemis Entreri etc. And mentions of what happened a hundred years earlier during the adventures of the Child of Bhaal.
Posted By: Alix Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 16/02/21 06:19 AM
Most importantly: easy mode / story mode soon, I can't continue my game without that because I do not survive the fights in goblin camp.

* shorter fights (autobattle is also an option, without grafics, just calculation)
* The possibility to save during a dialogue
* Switching off/reducing dice as an game option
* less graphics for short / unimportant dialogues
I am hoping for some sublcasses/races that aren't just in the Players Handbook, specifically Oath of Redemption Paladin, I think Pact of the Genie Warlock could be fun, Circle of the Spores Druid (maybe even these shadow druids, that might be cool) as well as Deep Gnomes, Goblins, and especially Kobolds (gotta love 'em too adorable not too). Fae Pact for Warlock as well is real nice! Other than content additional races/subclasses, I would say Origin Characters would be cool!
Mushroom Druid and Genie Warlocks sound fun. I think Deep Gnomes is all but guaranteed.
Really? That actually makes me really happy to hear!!!
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 19/02/21 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by EMTFields

In general the non-humans are waaay too human. I can't even handle playing a Dwarf or Halfling in this game....they just ain't right....
Originally Posted by Newtinmpls

In general the non-humans are waaay too human. I can't even handle playing a Dwarf or Halfling in this game....they just ain't right....

Really? I thought the dwarves and halflings are pretty well done. The elves definitely could look more otherworldly.

And the humans need new faces. I don't know about anyone else but I am not impressed with any of the human aesthetics, male or female.
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by Newtinmpls

Really? I thought the dwarves and halflings are pretty well done. The elves definitely could look more otherworldly.

And the humans need new faces. I don't know about anyone else but I am not impressed with any of the human aesthetics, male or female.

completely agree. quite frankly they just need to incorporate sliders into the character creation. I personally am not completely happy with any of the faces (and there are like 2 that I am ok with but they are for a race I dont want to play) and I hate that my character looks like a random npc that was let into this group of amazingly beautiful, unique looking characters. My character looks out of place imo and I dont have the tools to make them into a completely unique character.

the fact that there could literally be an npc in someone's game that looks exactly like my custom character does not sit right with me. I would so much rather be able to use sliders and actually customize my character than have 500 scanned faces that I dont like to choose from. I just want the creative freedom to actually be able to make the character I want to make.
My list of priorities from top to bottom.

* High ground advantage/low ground disadvantage system being replaced by a +2 bonus to AC if an enemy is attacking you from low ground, to act as a replacement for the missing cover system. This makes room for Sharpshooter feat to be implemented without being grossly overpowered (for the uninitiated, it gives +10 damage to ranged weapons at the cost of -5 attack, along with ignoring AC bonuses from partial cover), makes actual spells and abilities that grant advantage more powerful, and also removes the need for backstab advantage.

* Proper reactions being implemented

* Ready actions being implemented

* Dodge action being implemented

* Disengage being its own action and being a standard action/Shove being a standard action (okay, people who have seen my posts would wonder why this is lower on my list of priorities even though I typically put a lot of emphasis into them, but quite frankly the above would have a far bigger effect on expanding tactical variety in this game than Disengage and Shove changes. I would not care if Disengage and Shove remained the same as long as the above happens first.)

Everything else I literally don't care about, because they're either a given or I don't have any particular strong feelings about them (particularly in regards to more races or customization options). Well okay, I want College of Valor Bard and Arcane Archer Fighter archetype, but they're both probably in the 'given' category too. It's pretty obvious I highly favor magical archers at this point, but Rangers with the nature focus literally do not appeal to me at all for some reason.
When I started writing feedback, my priorities were :

1) UI, controls and quality-of-life features.
Even after the follow-jump, the way Larian manages party movement is dreadful.

2) Roleplay, story, immersion.
Contradictions within the mechanisms, within the story, or between the story and mechanisms are still jarring.

3) Combat.
Need I say anything ?

At the moment, the top of my wishlist is :

a) Cooking minigame in camp. Other options from here would be great too.

b) Possibility to customise Clothing. Why can Gale be fabulous and my Wizard has to stick to a bland, green robe ?
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
When I started writing feedback, my priorities were :

1) UI, controls and quality-of-life features.
Even after the follow-jump, the way Larian manages party movement is dreadful.

2) Roleplay, story, immersion.
Contradictions within the mechanisms, within the story, or between the story and mechanisms are still jarring.

3) Combat.
Need I say anything ?

At the moment, the top of my wishlist is :

a) Cooking minigame in camp. Other options from here would be great too.

b) Possibility to customise Clothing. Why can Gale be fabulous and my Wizard has to stick to a bland, green robe ?
I second this!
Random encounters while traveling to camp, which could even include legendary or heroic encounters with bosses.
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Random encounters while traveling to camp, which could even include legendary or heroic encounters with bosses.

I miss that part of the old BG games. The randomness. Another complaint people have mentioned is how small the world feels. Overland travel should be used more. It creates a sense of scope.
Posted By: Nouri Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 06:56 AM
I like to see

- a lot more of the silly things
- a lot more cities, towns, and places to steal, pillage, and sell. (this is a big one)
- QoL improvements to classes that make them more enjoyable (like casting companion, familiar in combat), as well as a gui bar on the main ui that shows xp.
- It would be nice to have some sort of visual indicator that hints or tells you what will come from the choices you make when dialoguing with someone. This would be key to potentially solving the lack of trader issues and helping players drive the game in a way they want. For example, if they want to go rogue and help the goblins murder the druids.
- A way to re-specialize your previous level up choices, so i can swap from beast mater to hunter.
Posted By: Maid777 [Maid 777's) Personal wish list <3 Part 1 - 21/02/21 08:56 AM
birthday
1birthday[PALADIN SUBCLASS]:Oath of the storm sub class (my all time favorite paladin) https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oath_of_the_Storm_(5e_Subclass)
(as well as tempest cleric)

2birthday[Cleric: consequences for falling short of of the religion as well as rewards for going over and beyond for said diety
3 birthday More work done on the lolth clerics and domains so that drow can be roleplayed more accurately
4birthday The option to enslave some major characters with the rope items through out the world after knocking them out and possibly selling them to certian evil merchants like the zhentarum & roah (Slavery is a big part of D&D)
5 birthday I dont think we should just be able to just save, teleport and long rest at any time seems kinda cheap and game breaking
6birthday An achievement for those of us who can get to baldurs gate and get tadpol removed without taking a long rest (I got to the end of early access without long resting once i figured out the game weird
7 birthday A list of actual difficult achievements on steam
[Example] Removing tadpole in less then 7 days////Perma death restricted saves mode/////besting every boss etc(I would like bragging rights that i 100% the game)

8:More blood, gore, and viscera

9 birthday Post game content and DLC thankyou
P.S im quick to reply if ideas or clarification is needed ive dissected this game inside n out smile
GOOD LORD MY EYES

:P

Anyway, I don't think Larian would implement any achievements or rewards tied to reaching certain milestones based on a limited amount of rests. Not as long as so many cutscenes are directly tied to how often you rest to begin with. If they find a way to de-couple those, people would be able to do limited rest-based challenge runs without feeling like they're missing out on anything major.

I admire your enthusiasm, though.
Posted By: Maid777 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 09:04 AM
More for people whov already played the game
Imagine the people who are gonna play the full release when it comes out 3 to 4 years from now and realize that its possible after they spent 2 ingame weeks in chapter 1
Posted By: Maid777 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 09:10 AM
1[PALADIN SUBCLASS]:Oath of the storm sub class (my all time favorite paladin) https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oath_of_the_Storm_(5e_Subclass)

2[Cleric: consequences for falling short of of the religion as well as rewards for going over and beyond for said diety

3 More work done on the lolth clerics and domains so that drow can be roleplayed more accurately

4: The option to enslave some major characters with the rope items through out the world after knocking them out and possibly selling them to certian evil merchants like the zhentarum & roah (Slavery is a big part of D&D)

5 : I dont think we should just be able to just save, teleport and long rest at any time seems kinda cheap and game breaking

6: An achievement for those of us who can get to baldurs gate and get tadpol removed without taking a long rest (I got to the end of early access without long resting once i figured out the game weird

7 : A list of actual difficult achievements on steam
[Example] Removing tadpole in less then 7 days////Perma death restricted saves mode/////besting every boss etc(I would like bragging rights that i 100% the game)

8:More blood, gore, and viscera

9 : Post game content and DLC
I kinda only hope that we will get actual hatred and hostility towards some races.
(DROW!, Duegar, Gith, DROW!, etc.)
Originally Posted by Maid777
6: An achievement for those of us who can get to baldurs gate and get tadpol removed without taking a long rest (I got to the end of early access without long resting once i figured out the game weird
If so, that Achievment should be named "Insomnia".
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 11:52 AM
Um, might just be because I'm on my phone but why all the flashing Happy Birthday emotes?

1) That subclass likely won't be added I think because it's homebrew and not from supplements.

2) For holy classes, diety should be a little more impactful, even just for dialogue.

3) Not sure what to add for roleplay other than people making comments?

4) As screwed up as Slavery is, it would really fit in an Evil playthrough. It should, however, have consequences like making enemies of good aligned factions. Also we should be allowed to Capture some characters for plot reasons, like Minthara.

5) General consensus is that the current system is not good and needs some kind of restrictions.

6) Achievements will likely be something at the far end of development, but that would likely have one.

7) Same as 6.

8) For some yes, should be an option though so people can have the experience they want (None, Low/Normal, Bloody)

9) I'd rather that not be planned out until the game itself is done, also I'd rather they not hold out on classes or races just for dlc. If we get dlc I think it should be genuine expansions with a side quest campaign with new companions and items in a setting Canon to faerun but outside of the normal realm, like the city of brass.
Posted By: fylimar Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 12:13 PM
There is literally a wishlist thread under this thread, just saying.
Posted By: Sadurian Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by fylimar
There is literally a wishlist thread under this thread, just saying.
Indeed, and the threads have been merged.

OP: about the flashing emoticons... less is more.
Posted By: Arne Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by H3ll Pme
Nothing too big that's out of the realm of possibilities and even stuff we already know they will probably add at one point but you are eager to play around with

Here is my list:
Subraces: Githzerai (Or any other +2 wisdom race/subrace [I really want firbolg but I know it's not gonna happend])

What's on your wishlist?

(1) Sorcerer class
(2) Philosophical plot about how to organize a society or resolve conflicts, not just the old 'overlord seeks world domination'.
(3) Species and races which are *widely* different. Different cultures, different looks. Give me evil Drow, nice Angels. Discuss why their societies fail or work well. Don't take sides, let the players decide.
(4) Don't try to 'educate' the players. Don't tell me what to believe or how to act.
(5) Create a world where people like to 'live' in, relax and kick back. Like Skyrim. Have a small fisher's village to stop by and rest. Have a little bog with an old hag (*not* Ethel) who serves you tea.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 05:35 PM
1) Nonorigin companions: Would love to see some additional companions and romances! Adding nonorigin companions might be a way to add more high-quality companions without it costing too much.
2) More flavor text options, especially for races that don't have a lot now such as high elf
3) Transmog for armor and weapons + more armor styles in general
4) Change merchant interface so that you see the price you will pay and can't give free gold or items
5) Upgrade options for camp
6) For co-op: SWTOR-style conversations

They already said that they would be adding noncombat spells to dialogue as well as the ability for companions to interject, which are things I am looking forward to being added!
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Icelyn
1) Nonorigin companions: Would love to see some additional companions and romances! Adding nonorigin companions might be a way to add more high-quality companions without it costing too much.
2) More flavor text options, especially for races that don't have a lot now such as high elf
4) Change merchant interface so that you see the price you will pay and can't give free gold or items

They already said that they would be adding noncombat spells to dialogue as well as the ability for companions to interject, which are things I am looking forward to being added!

1 and 3 are things I really really want. I would love to be able to transmog the good equipment I give my companions to look like their starting stuff to keep their aesthetic intact and non origin companions are the thing I want most next to summoning fixes.
Posted By: grysqrl Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 06:17 PM
Off the top of my head:
1) Focus on making the classes feel different and interesting, instead of trying to give everyone access to everything.
2) The story is set up to make your situation feel urgent but there's no mechanical follow-through. Make time actually be a factor. Not real time, but you can't be everywhere and do everything - you should have to choose what is important for you to focus on and other other options/storylines progress while you're busy, becoming more difficult or unavailable.
3) Myriad UI and QoL improvements. It should be easier to do the things you want to do.
4) Remove almost all of the items from the world and simplify looting and inventory.
5) Tone down the companions. Right now they feel so over-the-top and self-centered that I find it difficult to care about any of them.
I really don't have very many criticisms right now, but they really need to fix the Darkness spell. They got almost everything about it wrong.

1. The Devil's Sight warlock invocation should let you see through it. "You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet." Otherwise, it's almost worthless because it gives everyone attacking into and out of it disadvantage. This spell is the bread and butter of several warlock builds because of Devil's Sight.

2. You should be able to cast it on an object you are holding. This is a massive element of the functionality of the spell. "If the point you choose is on an object you are holding or one that isn't being worn or carried, the darkness emanates from the object and moves with it." This in particular really ruins one of the coolest options for warlocks in 5th edition D&D: cast darkness on something that you are holding, and then run around eldritch blasting and stabbing enemies with advantage while they all have disadvantage attacking you. (This only works if they fix Devil's Sight also)
Wizards actually walking with their staffs rather than putting them on their back like idiots would always be nice.
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

1 and 3 are things I really really want. I would love to be able to transmog the good equipment I give my companions to look like their starting stuff to keep their aesthetic intact and non origin companions are the thing I want most next to summoning fixes.

They have an awesome armor mod on Nexus. Just FYI if your into style.
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 21/02/21 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

They have an awesome armor mod on Nexus. Just FYI if your into style.

I am mostly avoiding mods for now because of the fact its EA and I want to keep my game intact for uh genuine observations if that makes any sense?
Posted By: Maid777 Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 22/02/21 08:15 AM
Sorry i thought the face and the words were seperate emojis
Wishlist........ hmmmm.....

i could think of a lot of things.......

But hey lets make it short:

1. Implement REAL DND rules into the game
Hmmm... My Wishlist?

* The ability to roll stats... let me reroll until I get the OP character of my dreams... If it's too powerful and "breaks" the game, that'll be my loss (or gain, depending upon how I see it).

* All the core classes and races... maybe a few extras. Playing as a Dragonborn Cleric of Ceric seems like it would be really fun when Gale starts in on his little joke about the incident at the Yawning Portal... and playing as a monstrous race seems like it would come with all manner of encounter difficulties to have to overcome. Besides that, I really like rolling up Minotaur Bards.

*multi-classing!

*Sliders, please... Maybe I want to play a short, fat drow elf or an incredibly skinny and tallish dwarf... maybe I have a broad shouldered and muscular gnome in mind. Let me slide the scalers to fit my desires.

* The ability to save characters and use them on new playthroughs in other profiles. Sometimes I want to get into a companion's storyline, and sometimes I want to skip the drama and get down to the nitty gritty. The point is, I don't want to have to gain and keep around a companion that I don't like just to have the utility of their skills and abilities. If, for example, Shadowheart really annoys me but I feel that I really need to have a cleric around (and don't want to play one myself as my main character)... let me pull in my custom made cleric to fill that role in the party. In short... The ability to pull in custom saved characters and run with them (or leave them in camp) as desired... without having to start a multiplayer session with yourself. Hells, maybe even let me romance them, if that's what floats my boat.

* (Edit) I'm not sure how I forgot this originally but, minimum 6, preferably 8-10 active party size! (/Edit)

* I know it is too late to implement this for patch 4, but I'd like to see the next patch include mind blowing surprises... Announce the addition of a new race or class and showcase that, but also include another race/class (or three) that wasn't ever even hinted at, just to regenerate the "Oh My Goodness!" wow factor in the players when the patch drops.

* Just a thought, but now that "Loaded Dice" are a thing... I think it would be fun if the penalties for a critical fail when using loaded dice were exponentially higher than they would have otherwise been... Like yeah, you'll critical fail a lot less often, but when you do you'll really feel it!
Posted By: Tiandao Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 24/02/21 12:23 AM
Not sure if it's been said but I would love to see the DCs for dialogue choices. I don't know if they set the DC static or if they are different for different skills. For example if it is a Persuade DC 10 but an Intimidate DC 12. If it's all the same then nevermind, but maybe the npc is a coward so intimidate works better or whatever. Mahalo
Posted By: Sambe Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 26/02/21 07:43 AM
I wish a Collectors Edition for next christmas, when the full game will be published (har, har) and, please, push the f....dices in the background or somewhere else....
Posted By: CJMPinger Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 26/02/21 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Sambe
I wish a Collectors Edition for next christmas, when the full game will be published (har, har) and, please, push the f....dices in the background or somewhere else....

Give us an option to show the dice rolling when we engage with rng.

Tbh, I don't think or want this game to be done by Christmas unless that is Christmas of 2022. I want them to spend their time and make the best videogame adaptation of dnd they could.

Though on the subject of special editions, I think playtesters should get some kind of reward for giving all the data maybe?
Originally Posted by H3ll Pme

Here is my list:

What's on your wishlist?

Above all: STICK TO THE RULES MORE!!!!
Apart from that: more feats, like GWM and PAM, War Caster for sure, Resilient... yeah... many more feats please.
I definitely want the Tempest Cleric and Talos worship aswell, also Amaunator and gods like that too. Then I would also love some subclasses from Xanathar's, spells from Xanathar's... yeah.

OH YEAH!! Variant human too. Definitely. And rolling for stats.
Posted By: Gustavo R Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 26/02/21 02:34 PM
- Quality of life: change the chain system for the party.
- Quality of life: being able to cast the Concentration spell on a character who is already talking to an NPC.
- Quality of life: being able to select multiple items in the inventory, holding Shift, and clicking on them.
- Companions: Fewer abilities odd numbers in the of the companion's stats. Will, for example, has four odd-numbers on that, making me have to fix that with Feats.
- Interface: The character's photo does not need to appear three times on the screen. Nor the number of Hit Points has to appear four times.
- Interface: Option to hide the mini-map from the screen, just as we can do with the log.
- Interface: Improves the quality of the map (pixelated and blurred).
- Interface: Take off the square and triangle icons that are under the skill bar. It's taking too much space. This already happens out of combat.
- Combat: Formations!
- Combat: More combat maneuvers such as charging, feinting, kicking...
- Day-Night Cycle: Purely cosmetic. A modder did this for DOS2 and it was excellent. But it would be nice if the characters received penalties for darkness and stealth bonuses during the night.
- Customization: Modify our physical form. Tyranny, for instance, has the simpler mechanic (3 body types), and ESO has the more satisfying.
- Spells: Reduce the spell area with the mouse wheel (PoE has this).
Posted By: Meril Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 26/02/21 02:42 PM
-Owl Bear Wildshape
-deep patron interaction for warlock
-improved wildshapes that have more skills than the current ones
I would like to add:
Quality of life: Allways choose protagonist when starting dialogue, unless s/he is hiding ...
Quality of life: Being able to change speaking character ...
Quality of life: Being able to ask our companions for their opinion, or ask them to provide informations in conversations ...
Quality of life: Being able to ask our companions for dealing with situations ... (Protagonist dumped charisma, let Wyll do the persuation, and then let protagonist to keep talking ... no need to implement if we can change speaking character ofc.)

Originally Posted by Gustavo R
- Interface: Take off the square and triangle icons that are under the skill bar. It's taking too much space. This already happens out of combat.
I believe this is intended so we clearly see when turn-based mode is active. O_o

Originally Posted by Meril
-Owl Bear Wildshape
Beside this is wishlist, and therefore we could want anything ...
That is not possible in DnD right? Since owlbear is monstrosity, and not beast.
Posted By: Maid777 [Maid 777's) Personal wish list <3 Part 2 - 02/03/21 06:56 AM
Part 2
grin Multiplayer Pvp arena mode: - where you create a 4 to 6 man team to fight another persons team/ Maps should have hazards cover and hights with lots of terrain
grin Situations so intense that youl need to bring more then 4 people to it
grin All enemies within the same inititive/turn order move at the same time to speed up fights
grin Mind flayer dragon boss & Neolithid (From the larva who are escaping from thier dead host)
grin possible secret late game Unicorn encounter for good girls/nightmares for bad girls
grin endings that lead to a bad end of a story such as death or conversion
grin ik i added this in my 1st suggestion But really want oath of the storm [paladin] and tempest domain[cleric]
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/cleric:tempest / https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oath_of_the_Storm_(5e_Subclass)
grin Karlach needs a major redesign (Very ugly and off looking even by tiefling standards)

badsmileMy first request part 1: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=758141#Post758141
There is Wishlist topic ...
You created new one ...
That new one was merged with existing one, to keep forum clean ...
You created another one ...

Right now i wish you know what is coming next. :-/
Wait so how long does this one stay relavent?
I presume as long as people keep adding wishes? laugh
Posted By: footface My wish list - 06/04/21 05:27 PM
You do you, Larian, but here's what I'd like to see.

I would like content from other source books released as DLC. This one speaks for itself.

I would also like head to head multiplayer. I'm thinking 4 on 4 team deathmatch, capture the flag, the works. Of course, we could always turn on turn based mode and fight to the death in coop, but it's kind of limited in scope.

What does everyone else think?
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: My wish list - 07/04/21 04:47 PM
I think there is allready topic for this: wink

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthread...ords=wishlist&Search=true#Post759974
Posted By: JJRX5 Re: [Maid 777's) Personal wish list <3 Part 2 - 07/04/21 04:56 PM
I’ll bite.
1. Random encounters. Right now once you clear an area it feels so empty.
2. Day/Night cycle. Adds immersion and frankly if I am going to assault a goblin camp, I am going to do it at night.
3. A traveling Djinn for camp follower (or at least someone I can sell stuff to).
Posted By: footface Re: My wish list - 07/04/21 05:13 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Posted By: Aazo Re: My wish list - 08/04/21 03:02 AM
I would like to see Psionic sub-classes added. Psi Knight, Soulknife (especially this one), and Psionic Soul (when they bring in Sorcerers).
Posted By: Kallark Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 08/04/21 04:52 AM
I’m highly satisfied with the game, so hope they don’t change much, apart from fixing the bugs, and adding new stuff.

- New classes and races would be cool, the animation is amazing, so they could create really cool looking orcs, preferably playable ones. My current favorite ones are the half elves, I can finally create bearded elves.

- Increased party size (at least for those who want that, it’s always possible to dismiss them for those who prefer less companions. In my case was hard enough with only 4, some battles took me almost 1 hour, since I kept dying, and I was often outnumbered)

- The option to create more than one character for single player, that I could probably meet in the ship or later, and add as an extra companion. At least have that option in another game mode if it doesn’t fit the story.

- I can play this game for many hours nonstop, so day and night cycle can be useful, then I can see how many days have passed there, but actually not that necessary, a lot more important things than this. It can get annoying if done wrong.

- Option to hire or recruit more minions, also Lump the Enlightenment disappeared after I used him in a battle, I was trying to find him, so I could possibly make a new deal, but nowhere to be found.

- A lot of characters have really cool scars, like Wyll for example, it would be cool if we have to option to add scars to our own characters too, a few different body types too, and more faces for human, there wasn’t any option for Asians or Nordic people as a human.
Posted By: digimbyte Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 08/04/21 12:27 PM
more 5e content
I want Volo's and Tasha's, I would love a Dragonborn circle of sports Druid
Posted By: digimbyte Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 08/04/21 12:28 PM
I also want more clarity in the games start up -
you fall from ship, walk to town, meet person, "sorry, go to my camp"

I'm sorry, what camp?

Also, skip tutorial button
would love to be able to just-auto collect ~60% of the loot from the start of the game without wasting my life

Better online/lan integration
if a player drops, they can't rejoin. tried everything under the sun on the LAN game when they desynced when we loaded
My wishlist:
1. An opportunity to change pre-made characters' (Wyll, Gale, etc) appearence when choosing one as a main character (like in DOS 2) or choose an intresting background story for a self-made character. It would be great to play as character with backgroung which influences his relationships with others, to have special quests based on this background. Well, like in Original sin 2.😀
2. Fully voiced main character.
3. Traditional 3-rd person camera (like in Witcher or Dragon age). Baldur's gate 3 looks beautiful, but it's impossible to enjoy the scenery with this camera.😀
4. Bastard swords or any two-handed swords that are not ridiculously large (great swords in BG3 ARE ridiculuosly large, long swords are a bit too large too).
5. A button to make all companions follow/not follow.
6. Scars for a main character would be nice.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/04/21 03:42 AM
I would like a pet cat for the camp.
Posted By: Maiandra Re: What's on your wishlist for the game? - 12/04/21 04:23 AM
I would like to see the following:
  • A subtitle option for narrator-only subtitles.
  • A cinematics/cutscene music slider so we can have music in cutscenes/cinematics even if we don't want it during combat or while running around.
  • The ability to hide the entire HUD for when we want to take screenshots without it showing.
© Larian Studios forums