Larian Studios
Posted By: D00med We need Prestidigitation for surface clearing - 13/10/20 08:50 PM
On second play through and I'm kinda getting irritated at the surface effects everywhere. Then I realized we need Prestidigitation.

5e Spell Description and effects possible:
1)You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint musical notes, or an odd odor.
2)You instantaneously light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
3)You instantaneously clean or soil an object no larger than 1 cubic foot.
4)You chill, warm, or flavor up to 1 cubic foot of nonliving material for 1 hour.
5)You make a color, a small mark, or a symbol appear on an object or a surface for 1 hour.
6)You create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn.

What could be done in-game to interpret the effects:
1) Non-combat distraction or wind could move or remove some fog/other air effects?
2) Can snuff out flames from ground area?
3) Clean ground area of surface effects?
4) Could be used to remove burning or wet status on companions
5) Fake the Absolute's symbol
6) Stumped at this one, but I'm sure when dialogue cantrips use is in then this could be useful

Points 2,3 and 4 would really help alleviate the surface effect problem and make for a practical, re-useable combat spell that would be a decent pick from the limited cantrip list. 5 Would have a story purpose that's already in game.

It's mean't to be a utility spell so any other suggestions are welcome.
Would be great to have it as a cantrip you can use out of combat instead of using a spellslot for create water.
This would be great.
+1 to the idea.
Originally Posted by UnderworldHades
Would be great to have it as a cantrip you can use out of combat instead of using a spellslot for create water.

Well, you can use Ray of Frost for putting out fires. I haven't tried it on acid puddles, but those seem to dry up quickly.
Not a bad idea !
Maybe we can suggest again less surfaces everywhere ?
I enjoy these ideas
+1
+1, love it!
© Larian Studios forums