Larian Studios
Доброго времени суток! Прошу прощения за плохой английский, но мне очень хочется помогать в улучшении моей любимой игры, прошу сильно не критиковать:)
Мои идеи по улучшению:

Улучшения:
1)Изображения при загрузке игры очень атмосферные и привязывают игроков к более "живым" персонажам игры, сейчас изображения очень красивые но их мало. Предложение: Больше Клип Артов при загрузке (можно добавить изображения всех значимых персонажей и известных игроку мест, по мере прохождения игры (разведал или столкнулся с персонажем появился новый Клип Арт - как достижение) - это еще больше привяжет игроков и игре, они будут ценить и любить эту игру когда будут ее узнавать)
2)После успешной загрузки сохраненной игры, нужно добавить кнопку "начать игру", если игрок, ожидая загрузки успел отойти от компьютера, или хочет рассмотреть Клип Арт.
3) Движения персонажей бывают ОЧЕНЬ дерганные, это иногда разрывает шаблоны образа живого персонажа. Предложение - ввести ограничение на максимальную скорость движения (момент дерганного ускорения когда персонаж мгновенно меняет позу), либо заменить мгновение ускоряющиеся движения на более плавную динамику движения "sqrt(​x)" - не будет так сильно заметно.
4) Добавить возможность пользовательских пометок на картах местности (пользователи могут отменить интересные места и написать что то о них)
5) Карты подземелий - во всех сериях БГ были интересные карты подземелий, они выглядели очень атмосферно, в БГ3 их нет, считаю это очень важным моментом. Предложение: добавить карты подземелий и помещений.

Проблемы:
1)Иллюстрации при загрузке сменяются слишком быстро, не успеваешь их рассмотреть. Предложение: замедлить смену Клип Артов (в 3-4 раза медленнее)
2)Вид объектов над головой и стен ломают шаблоны, иногда ты хочешь рассмотреть дерево - но оно пропадает, иногда ты хочешь продолжить бой, но часть стены/потолка закрывает вид, особенно где есть балки и колонны. Предложение: можно добавить режим классической изометрии с открытым верхом, когда верх всегда был открыт как было в БГ1 и БГ2 (для любителей классического вида)

Good day! I apologize for poor English, but I really want to help improve my favorite game, please do not criticize much smile
My ideas for improvement:

Improvements:

1) The images when loading the game are very atmospheric and tie players to more "live" characters in the game, now the images are very beautiful, but there are few of them. Suggestion: More Clip Art when loading (you can add images of all significant characters and places known to the player, as you progress through the game (scouting or encountering a character, a new Clip Art appeared - as an achievement) - this will further bind the players and the game, they will appreciate and love this game when they recognize it)
2) After successfully loading the saved game, you need to add the "start game" button if the player, while waiting for the download, managed to leave the computer, or wants to view Clip Art.
3) The movements of the characters are VERY jerky, this sometimes breaks the templates of the image of a living character. The proposal - to introduce a restriction on the maximum speed of movement (the moment of jerky acceleration when the character instantly changes his pose), or to replace the moment of accelerating movement with a smoother dynamics of movement "sqrt (x)" - will not be so noticeable.
4) Add the ability to custom mark on the maps of the area (users can cancel interesting places and write something about them)
5) Dungeon maps - in all BG series there were interesting dungeon maps, they looked very atmospheric, they are not in BG3, I think this is a very important point. Suggestion: add maps of dungeons and rooms.

Problems:
1) The illustrations change too quickly when loading, you don't have time to see them. Suggestion: slow down the clip art change (3-4 times slower)
2) The view of objects above the head and walls breaks patterns, sometimes you want to see a tree - but it disappears, sometimes you want to continue the fight, but part of the wall / ceiling obscures the view, especially where there are beams and columns. Suggestion: you can add a classic isometric view with an open top, when the top was always open as it was in BG1 and BG2 (for fans of the classic look)
Не задумывался над загрузкой но думаю ты прав, больше всегда лучше.

Заметки на карте часто упоминают, как и в целом довольно сложно читаемую карту.

А с камерой - мне кажется лучше всего было сделать несколько уровней, типо стандартная камера и камера + 10 метров в высоту и дать возможность переключаться. Но я не эксперт в этом деле.

Didn't really think about loading screens, but yeah, the more the better.

Map markers have been brought up in multiple threads along with generally poor readability of the map.

The camera - I think adding a few layers would work, say standard camera and camera +10 metres above and give the ability to switch. But I am not a camera angle expert.
I'm sure the jerky movements in cutscenes and the like is just some buggy EA stuff that will get ironed out before full release, it's obviously not meant to be that way lol.
Проблемы - часть 2 (Обновление v8, игра 15.10.2020):
1) в локации Подземелье, воскрешенные спорами НПС, даже после смерти остаются в составе группы моих спутников, я не могу их выгнать, они всегда видны как еще один (два или более) мертвых НПС в моей группе.
2) после праздника в моем лагере, после предложения друида присоединится - отсутствует возможность пригласить его в свою группу. Все доступные диалоги не содержат такого варианта разговора.
3) если труп лежит в кустах (когда растительность выше объекта) его невозможно обыскать, он подсвечивается, но не выделяется - сверху куст, который нельзя обыскать.
4) подсветка объектов Alt не подсвечивает все объекты содержащие добычу - часть контейнеров не подсвечивается никогда. Предложение: добавить настройку подсветки предметов по классу и назначению предметов (белые, зеленые, синие ... + ценности + задания + профессии)
5) очень многие предметы (еда, зелья, камни, травы, и прочее) не объединяются в пачки - игра воспринимает их как разные, не смотря на то, что это один и тот же предмет (видимо разные ID одних и тех же предметов) - это крайне неудобно.
6) часть контейнеров не доступна для обыска, несмотря на то, что они находятся в непосредственной близости, персонаж пытается подняться на этаж выше, но обыск так и не происходит (пример: подземелье под Приютом Вовин - контейнер на нижнем ярусе, сразу возле входа)
7) с предводительницей Зентарем (под приютом Вокин) нельзя начать диалог, как только к ней приближается игрок, падает репутация и она атакует.

Problems - part 2 (Update v8, game 10/15/2020):
1) in the Dungeon location, NPCs resurrected by spores, even after death, remain in the group of my companions, I cannot expel them, they are always visible as one more (two or more) dead NPCs in my group.
2) after the holiday in my camp, after the proposal, the druid will join - there is no opportunity to invite him to your group. All available dialogs do not contain this conversation option.
3) if a corpse lies in the bushes (when the vegetation is higher than the object) it cannot be searched, it is highlighted, but does not stand out - there is a bush on top that cannot be searched.
4) object highlighting Alt does not highlight all objects containing loot - some containers are never highlighted. Suggestion: add a setting for highlighting objects by class and purpose of objects (white, green, blue ... + values ​​+ tasks + professions)
5) very many items (food, potions, stones, herbs, etc.) are not combined into packs - the game perceives them as different, despite the fact that this is the same item (apparently different IDs of the same items) - this is extremely inconvenient.
6) some of the containers are not available for search, despite the fact that they are in the immediate vicinity, the character tries to climb one floor higher, but the search does not take place (example: the dungeon under the Vovin Shelter - a container on the lower tier, right next to the entrance)
7) you cannot start a dialogue with the leader Zentar (under the Waukeen shelter), as soon as the player approaches her, her reputation falls and she attacks.
Проблемы - часть 3 (Update #8/9, игра (21-22).10.2020):
1) если применит "Затейливая табличка" - сюжетный предмет, после сцены с магическим свечением не перестает проигрываться озвучивание работы предмета, оно звучит все время, на проятжении игры.
2) в локации Подземелье, условие спутника миконида - отомстить дварфам срабатывает как выполненное - без их убийства, просто через какое то время, после загрузки игры (вновь включение НПС в группу), он уже считает что захватчики убиты.
3) в локации Подземелье, если подняться в башне с последнего верхнего этажа еще выше (в лабораторию) первый игрок группы оказывается в текстурах, под полом лифта, при этом он не застревает окончательно, так как он с трудом, но все же иногда поднимается вертикально вверх при попытке что то обыскать.
4) Квест с Карлах не завершается, постоянно остается активным требование сообщить о выполнении ее задание на атаку фанатиков Андерса. При разговоре с Карлах все время повторяется сообщение о том, что мы выполнили задание, но квест не закрывается.
5) в журнале заданий, статус заданий не меняется, пока на него не кликнешь мышью. Тогда отметка (выполнен, в процессе...) меняет свой прогресс.
6) на болотах, если последовать за тетушкой Этель, и отыскать Майрину ничего не происходит - после открытия клетки НПС Майрина не говорит, тетушка отсутствует в локации (в том числе в двух ее помещениях где есть телепорты из Подземья)
7) Конверт "Скрученная бумага" с комментарием "Записка написанная детской рукой" - невозможно прочитать, записка не открывается, предмет не активный.

Problems - Part 3 (Update # 8/9, game 10/(21-22)/2020):
1) if he applies the "Intricate sign" - a plot item, after the scene with a magical glow, the sound of the object's operation does not stop playing, it sounds all the time during the game.
2) in the Dungeon location, the condition of the myconid companion - to take revenge on the dwarves is triggered as fulfilled - without killing them, just after some time, after loading the game (re-including the NPC in the group), he already considers that the invaders are killed.
3) in the Dungeon location, if you go up in the tower from the last upper floor even higher (to the laboratory), the first player of the group finds himself in the textures, under the floor of the elevator, while he does not get stuck completely, since he hardly, but still sometimes rises vertically up when trying to search something.
4) The quest with Karlach does not end, the demand to inform about the completion of her task to attack the fanatics of Anders is constantly active. When talking with Karlach, the message is repeated all the time that we have completed the task, but the quest does not close.
5) in the task log, the status of tasks does not change until you click on it. Then the mark (completed, in progress ...) changes its progress.
6) in the swamps, if you follow Aunt Ethel and find Mairina nothing happens - after opening the cell, Mairin's NPC does not speak, the aunt is absent from the location (including in her two rooms where there are teleports from the Underdark)
7) Envelope "Curled paper" with the comment "A note written by a child's hand" - impossible to read, the note does not open, the object is not active.
Ура! некоторые мои проблемы были решены:

-Исправлен потенциальный сбой с движущимися платформами
-Исправлены маркеры квестов, которые не отображались правильно, когда несколько маркеров указывают на один и тот же объект или место.
-Исправлены персонажи, иногда падающие с движущихся платформ.
-Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой определенное оборудование продолжало издавать звук после снятия экипировки

Hooray! some of my problems were solved:

-Fixed potential crash with moving platforms
-Fixed quest markers not displaying correctly when multiple markers point to the same object or location.
-Fixed characters sometimes falling from moving platforms.
-Fixed a bug due to which certain equipment continued to make sound after removing equipment
в игровой платформе "Steam" безумно долгие обновления BG3.
Пример:
-объем обновления 3.6Gb,
-подготовка обновления 2,5 часа,
-загрузка несколько минут,
-установка обновления 1,5-2 часа!

Мне кажется это совсем не нормально.

the game platform "Steam" has insanely long BG3 updates.
Example:
- update volume 3.6Gb,
- preparation of the update 2.5 hours,
-loading a few minutes,
-installation of the update 1.5-2 hours!

I don't think this is normal at all.
Hi Larian studio. Today I realized that I would delete BG - I stopped playing it.
I was with you on the forum.
It is difficult to explain the reason that causes chagrin in your work - you try very hard. And I see it every time. But I can try:

Baldur's classic was 1) cozy, 2) it had the spirit of Tolkien and his aftermath of the hobbits, where all the interiors are pleasing to the eye, where I WANT to spend my time, where every time you return for your dream. 3) there was very light and clean music ...
There were light and soulful landscapes.

examples:
https://gamemag.ru/images/imagemanager/cache/0f/f7ee/0ff7ee_8.-.jpg

https://gamemag.ru/images/imagemanager/cache/8e/25e8/8e25e8_6.-.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0KBM7vH6wEM/WQ23idriY9I/AAAAAAAANB4/UsI_ie7yEOcQL0AHNtPO7hFFLOrJ6YqNwCLcB/s1600/upload%2BAR0400%2Bslums.jpg

And now, everything is gloomy, stern, serious. Now there is no dream. BG 1-2 it was different. You also had beautiful things made by your artists ( https://www.warlegend.net/wp-conten...am-At-PAX-East-2020-53-34-screenshot.jpg ), but in general, there was not that attractive dream in Ira, which you return to every time like old, well-forgotten fairy tales.
In general, the game has received a monotonous bias towards rigor and confrontation.

I really, really want my review to help!
P.P.S. The very idea of ​​the setting "the player is poisoned by a maggot and slowly dies" does not encourage thoughtful consumption of pleasant content - such a condition is a request for guaranteed fast runs. In contrast to such a problem, it was possible to make a "stasis zone", some places where players got into locations that temporarily stop the harmful effects of the larva in the hero's head while the player is inside such locations. You can also do all the social content there at full capacity. The game should have optional tasks, scenarios and locations, and only when you get rid of the stigma of "fast runs" can you enjoy them 100%.
Originally Posted by Andagor-rus
P.P.S. The very idea of ​​the setting "the player is poisoned by a maggot and slowly dies" does not encourage thoughtful consumption of pleasant content - such a condition is a request for guaranteed fast runs. In contrast to such a problem, it was possible to make a "stasis zone", some places where players got into locations that temporarily stop the harmful effects of the larva in the hero's head while the player is inside such locations. You can also do all the social content there at full capacity. The game should have optional tasks, scenarios and locations, and only when you get rid of the stigma of "fast runs" can you enjoy them 100%.
Once again someone missed the whole plot! The tadpoles are in stasis already. That's something our characters relisese on day 2, because otherwise by day 2 they would have pronounced symptoms.
Originally Posted by Zellin
Once again someone missed the whole plot! The tadpoles are in stasis already. That's something our characters relisese on day 2, because otherwise by day 2 they would have pronounced symptoms.
As seen on the mindflayer ship, tadpoles can be activated which causes an instant transformation. This may require physical proximity and/or special circumstances, but maybe not. So our characters have to consider the possibility that at any point we could turn, presumably when/if the Absolute takes notice of our existence and realizes we're aware of but not controlled by the tadpoles.

It seems the maggots are turned off, or changed. So maybe you wont die after all =)
а больше всего огорчили жесткие сюжетные линии как:

1) в квесте "Беглая дьяволица" с раненной девушкой-тифлингом и паладинами, отправленными за ней, как за кровавой убийцей - по общению с ней понимаешь, что она никого не убивала, как они говорят, но и паладинов убивать явно не позволит мировозрение - и игрока заставляют убить одного из них, хотя убивать их обоих не хочется, паладины Перчатки хорошие ребята как и девушка тифлинг - зачем ломать мораль игрока?
- почему игрок должен вести себя не так, как мог? где расследование с обвинением дьяволицы? где возможность третьего пути? в чем вообще мораль такого сценария? я считаю квест не доделан и нуждается в критической переоценке.
2) линии романтических отношений с сопартийцами: в отличии от БГ1 и 2 они до безобразия примитивны, грубы и упрощены! Я в нимх вообще не верю, мне скучно даже отыгрывать их, они могут быть живыми, ценными, привязывать игрока к игре и дарить ему эмоции - вместо этого они формальны и однообразны. Это очень важная часть геймплея, хочется верить в НПС, по факту кроме них, там только игрок и если их упрощать игра потеряет часть значимой ценности.

and most of all upset by the tough and ill-conceived storylines (example):

1) in the quest "Runaway Devil" with a wounded tiefling girl and paladins sent after her as for a bloody murderer - by communicating with her you understand that she did not kill anyone, as they say, but the worldview will obviously not allow killing paladins either - and the player is forced to kill one of them, although they do not want to kill both of them, paladins Gloves are good guys like the tiefling girl - why break the player's morale?
- why should the player behave differently as he could? where is the investigation with the accusation of the devil? where is the possibility of the third way? What is the general moral of such a scenario? I think the quest is not finished yet and needs a critical re-evaluation.

2) the lines of romantic relationships with companions: unlike BG1 and 2, they are outrageously primitive, crude and simplified! I don’t believe in them at all, I’m bored even playing them, they can be alive, valuable, tie the player to the game and give him emotions - instead, they are formal and monotonous. This is a very important part of the gameplay, I want to believe in NPCs, in fact, apart from them, there is only a player, and if you simplify them, the game will lose some of its significant value.
Originally Posted by Zellin

Thanks for the answer, this is really important.

I've seen information about stasis, even in caves.

BUT! Gityaki's partner constantly drives to the nursery, constantly reminds that you can become food at any moment smile and the game reacts to any action with her remarks that there is no time at all, hurry up, throw everything else, you will die smile
10.08.2023: проблемы в релизной версии игры:
1) осталась проблема разных ID предметов из бета версии игры, к примеру веревка или бутылка Итбанr или вяленая свиная колбаса или салями (этих вообще 13 стаков!!!) (абсолютно одинаковые предметы) раскладываются на отдельные стаки и не совмещаются.
2) под деревней захваченной гоблинами, в пещере пауков (локация "шепчущая бездна"), когда разбиваешь коконы пауков добыча "застревает" либо под слоем паутины, либо проваливается в стены, пол, потолок и ее уже невозможно поднять, хотя через alt ее видно. Иногда золото или ножи остаются висеть просто в воздухе, под потолком.
3) не все лопаты умеют откапывать клады... (вероятно опять разные ID предметов из бета теста).
4) Примерно каждый 10-12й трупп после обыска остается без проставленной метки "пусто".
5) Подвал с убитым сборщиком налогов (рядом с пещерой где гнолы и караван с сундуком, правее приюта Вокин. В этом подвале, в тайной комнате предметы проваливаются в полки и их нельзя собрать.
6) в версии лагеря игрока пещера (выход с подпольного убежища Зентарим) не доступно хранилище лагеря, сундук есть, но он не выделяется и пользоваться им нельзя.

P.S. Встреча с Карлах и паладины Тира. Спасибо что внесли ясность в этот квест и доработали его, в бета тесте он был просто ужасен, это выглядело как убийство хороших паладинов.
Так же в релизе вы добавили прекрасные визуальные изображения для загрузок игры, это именно то, что каждый игрок может ждать чтобы получить эмоциональную привязанность к значимым символам игры, особенно хочу выделить изображение моста - оно полностью в духе лора Врат Балдура и оно прекрасно, ваш дизайнер был гений!

10.08.2023: problems in the release version of the game:
1) remained the problem of different ID items from the beta version of the game, for example rope or bottle Itbang or dried pork sausage or salami (these in general 13 stacks!!!) (absolutely the same items) are laid out in separate stacks and do not combine.
2) under the village captured by goblins, in the cave of spiders (location "whispering abyss"), when you break the cocoons of spiders prey "stuck" or under a layer of cobwebs, or falls through the walls, floor, ceiling and it is already impossible to lift, although through alt it can be seen. Sometimes gold or knives remain hanging just in the air, under the ceiling.
3) Not all shovels are able to dig up treasure.... (probably again different IDs of items from the beta test).
4) About every 10-12th corpse after the search remains without the mark "empty".
5) Cellar with a killed tax collector (next to the cave where the gnolls and the caravan with a chest, to the right of the shelter Vokin. In this basement, in the secret room, items fall through the shelves and cannot be collected.
6) in the version of the player's camp cave (exit from the underground shelter Zentarim) is not available storage camp, the chest is there, but it is not allocated and you can not use it.

P.S. Meeting Karlach and the paladins of Tyr. Thank you for clarifying this quest and finalizing it, in the beta test it was just awful, it looked like killing good paladins.
Also in the release you added beautiful visuals for the game downloads, it's exactly what every player can wait for to get emotionally attached to the significant characters of the game, I especially want to highlight the bridge image - it's totally in the spirit of Baldur's Gate lore and it's beautiful, your designer was a genius!
Please keep forum posts to English. I know you've given the translation, which is appreciated, but I still have to plug your other text into Google translate to ensure there's no spam or content violating forum rules.
© Larian Studios forums