Larian Studios
There's an encounter that starts near Auntie Ethel where there are a couple Wood Wodes and some Mud Memphis that you trigger by jumping from a platform that's in the middle of the water.

Unless you take the time to have each character jump to each platform, you'll start the encounter with ONLY the first character who went across. Which is a problem that can be eventually fixed, but causes more issues (which I'll get into).

The area has 2 or 3 jumps which can only be done as a bonus action. So then it takes 2 to 3 turns to get across (the problem with jump being tied to disengage means limited movement between platforms).

Another problem: the platforms are under water, meaning movement is halved. It also means that your vampire character will be taking damage the entire trip over there.

Here's how the fight went for me:

PC STR-based Ranger jumps across the multiple platforms (rest of party stays behind, because OOC party jumping only exists for the one jump right in the first area of the game, for some reason). Initiative is rolled, only the PC is in combat. One by one, each other character jumps abroad the platforms OOC; however, each one begins further back, since they enter combat once they are within so far of one of the creatures in combat. Meaning the 4th party member is so far back that it takes them 3-4 rounds just to reach the actual encounter (remember, water makes it rough terrain).

Then, the mud mephits spawn young mud mephits (2 or 3 at a time) while being fairly far away from the start of the fight. Since I only have one character anywhere close to them, there are 6-8 enemies flying out of reach of my melee-centered character pelting my party with ranged attacks each round with a couple of Wood Wodes and 2 different terrain effects locking down the battlefield.

The vampire gets knocked out before he even makes it to the main area, and is in water, meaning one auto-fail each round as he's taking damage before he can move. Meaning using the help action is useless, since he dies before he gets to move. I used a 2nd level cure wounds to bring him up, but then multiple mephits brought him down to 6 health and the water dealt EIGHT damage, knocking him out, again.

Eventually I just let him die. My Warlock managed to kill the main mephits, but everyone was low health at this point and he fell.

So, it was my main character and cleric, taking 55% accuracy ranged/spell shots at the rest of the group (sometimes less, when they flew up to higher ground).

I think the mephits' main goal was to see how long they could drag this encounter out, because each turn they would fly their maximum distance, then move BACK to where they originally were, just to launch more mud. Of course, I couldn't close the gap with my two strength-based characters to melee, because of the rough terrain and them flying away. But, who needs ability modifiers added to damage, right?

So, about an HOUR later, I was able to resurrect my Rogue using revivify and find a location not in water to do it, lest he die AGAIN, and the Warlock and found the only lootable container.

Inside was a 1g ware (I think it like a fork or something).

So, yeah...
Ran into that encounter today. Did have 1 of my characters go down but managed to do it no problem. The fight took AGES though and theres 0 reward to speak off as well, which kinda suprised me.

Or I managed to miss it? I checked all containers but dident found anything of note...
There is a letter from the Shadow Druids to Kagha, it takes a perception check to find it. I think it's bugged and doesn't open up new dialogue choices however. My main issue with the fight was that the mephits' summons had bugged AI and would be stuck on "Plotting next move" for several minutes. And yeah, the amount of running water there made it very difficult to use Astarion.
Sweet, im not the only person that happened to lol. Took an hour.

Yeah, this playthrough im doin, I snuck in the back way, took the book, and left and ill fight them later. I havent even saved the kid from her yet except to test if the story line changes now that I know her secret - and it does. Im gonna make some saves and see what happens when I save Halsin and do it and dont save Halsin and do it. Either way, this is evil and im going to kill all of them and the refugees but I wanted to see how it plays out prior to that.
Originally Posted by Synaryn
There is a letter from the Shadow Druids to Kagha, it takes a perception check to find it. I think it's bugged and doesn't open up new dialogue choices however.

Worked for me - granted I did first pick up letters in Kagha's quarters first. And the sent the letter from the tree to camp - not sure if that changed anything.

Also prepare to have nightmares if you decide to confront Kagha... Wildshaping druid in a cutscene can bug out.
Originally Posted by Synaryn
There is a letter from the Shadow Druids to Kagha, it takes a perception check to find it. I think it's bugged and doesn't open up new dialogue choices however. My main issue with the fight was that the mephits' summons had bugged AI and would be stuck on "Plotting next move" for several minutes. And yeah, the amount of running water there made it very difficult to use Astarion.

Ah thats the thing all 4 of my partymembers failed to see I guess xD
© Larian Studios forums