Larian Studios
Posted By: OneManArmy Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 01:37 AM
It would be great to see this race in the game. In the first act, we saw too many different tieflings, but we completely forgot about such an interesting race which is their complete opposite.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Have a link for a good explanation of their lore?
Posted By: Argonaut Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 01:39 AM
Yes please.

Originally Posted by TravelingBuddha

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Aasimar
Posted By: OneManArmy Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by TravelingBuddha

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Aasimar
Posted By: Iszaryn Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 01:41 AM
I always liked the Aasimar and sometimes played as an Aasimar back in 3.0/3.5. I too would like to see the Aasimar and hope they are brought to the game.
Posted By: JDCrenton Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 01:43 AM
I guess they come later since they went with most of the evil stuff first. But Duergar still missing.
Posted By: TheOtter Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 05:07 AM
Nearly all aasimar were uncommonly beautiful and still, and they were often significantly taller than humans as well.

Whelp, not going to happen.
They would need to get a couple of new models in for face scannings.

Not saying the current ones are not beautiful or handsome, the keyword lies in the 'uncommonly'.
Posted By: Sechrima Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 05:57 AM
I will be pretty disappointed if Aasimar aren't included, I have to admit.
Posted By: Kou The Mad Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 06:29 AM
Honestly I'm more upset about the lack of Non-Human Planetouched than anything else.
I'd like a little less 'HuMaN pOtEnTiAl' in my fantasy and sci-fi games thank you very much.
Posted By: KingTiki Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 06:32 AM
Well, first off they will do all PHB races, which is what they said they'll do.

But I am a huge Aasimar fan myself so: yes, please! My paladin needs to be a plated angel-boi.
Undead first pls laugh
Posted By: Kou The Mad Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 19/10/20 06:39 AM
Real quick, does them doing all the standard include all the sub races?
If so, what all is missing in those?
Genuinely curious.
Posted By: Kaidalka Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Sechrima

Yeah me too. I really wish Aasimar's and maybe Genasi? ends up in the final build of the game.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sechrima

Just to be clear: are they considered one of the "core" races in the 5th edition?
I know they were a pretty fringe minority in the second.
Posted By: Zer0 Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 03:22 PM
Aasimar are nowhere near as common in 5E as Tieflings. Also they're kind of boring. They don't even have horns that you can grab while they're... uh, nevermind.
Posted By: Argonaut Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 03:26 PM
Tiefling are not commonplace at all in FRCS and Aasimar are very common due to the time of troubles.
Posted By: PanShlyaptor Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 03:30 PM
Tiefling is in pnb, aasimar not, so it is pretty possible, we will have final realize without them(
Posted By: Nyanko Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 04:56 PM
Yeah, but well, Zariel is down the pit of hell now. She lost her beautiful wings. The game taking place right after the events of Descent into Avernus, it makes a lot more sense to see tieflings rather than aasimar.
Posted By: Hachina Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
It would be great to see this race in the game. In the first act, we saw too many different tieflings, but we completely forgot about such an interesting race which is their complete opposite.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Agreed. We forgot drider too. This is so unfair. Voting so we can have drider character too!

By the way, you should credit the illustrator that did these beautiful illustration smile !

Posted By: kasakoff Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 05:50 PM
jesus those sizes..

but seriously, aasimar is not a php race, although they did include the githyanki which is in Volo manual. Also they should include githzerai, for i *know* they have to
Posted By: Thrythlind Re: Many Tieflings, but not one Aasimar - 20/10/20 06:32 PM
I would like to see Aasimar eventually, but, to be fair, Aasimar are a lot rarer than tieflings because to be an aasimar you need both the proper heritage and to get chosen for direct attention by some sort of celestial entity. There are small communities of tieflings but aasimar show up once in a while in certain bloodlines of humans.
© Larian Studios forums