Larian Studios
Posted By: Aunmyr Vhaeraun - 20/10/20 08:21 PM
As a drow player i really would like to play as Vhaeraun worshipper (maybe as an alternative diety for lolthsworn drow) with special encounters and dialogues for such character if it's possible)
Posted By: Soulcatcher30 Re: Vhaeraun - 20/10/20 08:30 PM
Yes, or perhaps ''dark seldarine'' drow. It's not great to be forced into being Lolth drow.... At any rate, I approve.
Posted By: Uncle Lester Re: Vhaeraun - 20/10/20 10:35 PM
+1. I'd also like the division between the drow subraces a bit cleaned-up; right now it's pretty awkward and leaves out a lot of character backgrounds/backstories/origins. "Underdark drow" and "surface drow"?

Vhaeraun would be great, he's a deity that's suitable for your "evil drow", but at the same time... isn't Lolth, haha.
Posted By: Thrythlind Re: Vhaeraun - 20/10/20 10:52 PM
Vhaerun is a much better and more flushed out culture and villain than Lloth.

I tend to characterize the three best known drow gods this way:

Eilistraee - A focus on ministry, reaching out to aid and help others, perseverance against intolerance and hatred, and patient philosophical attitudes. Moon-worship, ritual hunts, dancing, liberty.
Vhaerun - A focus on profit, contracts, balancing immediate desires and future gain. Flexible attitudes, know when to practice loyalty or betrayal. Charming.

Lloth - I play The Sims.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eilistraee and Vhaerun spent some time merged and came out of it with mutual respect even if they still don't like each other.

Vhaerun is also the type of evil god that would ABSOLUTELY work with the heroes and not betray them because it fits his purposes. Similar to Mask.

And Vhaerun is an evil god I could see having followers of even Good alignments again similar to Mask.
Posted By: Soulcatcher30 Re: Vhaeraun - 21/10/20 05:22 AM
It would just give more options....
Posted By: Soulcatcher30 Re: Vhaeraun - 21/10/20 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
Vhaerun is a much better and more flushed out culture and villain than Lloth.

I tend to characterize the three best known drow gods this way:

Eilistraee - A focus on ministry, reaching out to aid and help others, perseverance against intolerance and hatred, and patient philosophical attitudes. Moon-worship, ritual hunts, dancing, liberty.
Vhaerun - A focus on profit, contracts, balancing immediate desires and future gain. Flexible attitudes, know when to practice loyalty or betrayal. Charming.

Lloth - I play The Sims.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eilistraee and Vhaerun spent some time merged and came out of it with mutual respect even if they still don't like each other.

Vhaerun is also the type of evil god that would ABSOLUTELY work with the heroes and not betray them because it fits his purposes. Similar to Mask.

And Vhaerun is an evil god I could see having followers of even Good alignments again similar to Mask.

Good or evil, I just prefer one more non Lolth drow god, since Lolth is very unlikable as their leader.
Posted By: Old-School-Gamer Re: Vhaeraun - 21/10/20 05:48 PM
+1

Vhaeraun is also the diety that is more likely to send drow to live on the surface. I play a 2E drow cleric of Vhaerun in TT and his ethos would fit perfectly in the setting. What male drow would make it to the surface and want to worship Lloth any longer?
Posted By: Soulcatcher30 Re: Vhaeraun - 21/10/20 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Old-School-Gamer
+1

Vhaeraun is also the diety that is more likely to send drow to live on the surface. I play a 2E drow cleric of Vhaerun in TT and his ethos would fit perfectly in the setting. What male drow would make it to the surface and want to worship Lloth any longer?

I would also probably female Vhaeraun cleric (or just any class), kind of like those pro-Vhaerun traitor priestesses maybe.

Posted By: Synaryn Re: Vhaeraun - 21/10/20 06:16 PM
+1, Vhaeraun is a pretty cool drow god I'd like to see included.
© Larian Studios forums