Larian Studios
Posted By: Synaryn Hag's Masks - 21/10/20 09:35 PM
So the four Masks protecting Ethel's cave, I killed Ethel in her house after refusing her deal. Went through the fireplace into the cave, the petrification magic on the dwarf was lifted and the illusion magic on the elf and the magic on the door. But the four Masks were still hostile and still having to make rolls against Hag's Pawn, despite her other persistent magic effects wearing off (although I guess the Bitter Divorce/Second Marriage still has its magic, so maybe it's because they're magic items). Even knocking them out and removing the masks from the inventory, they're still hostile. Is there just not any option to save these people? One of them has a note she wrote about trying to break free of the magic, mentioning Baldur's Gate even. I feel there should be a way to save these four from the hag and see them again in the city later!
Posted By: struggler_guts Re: Hag's Masks - 21/10/20 09:50 PM
Hopefully there's a way in release but right now there's no way to save em
Posted By: Orbax Re: Hag's Masks - 21/10/20 10:54 PM
I just sneaked past those watchers and killed the hag. Saved the girl. Then teleported out and walked back in. I went and talked to everyone, one hadnt lost her mind yet and will meet me in baldurs gate, one attacked after I said I wanted to take her mask off (you have to choose an option and shell attack you so quick save if you want the room to go right or you kill all of them again). Once, after doing that, they were still hostile so I just fast traveled to another spot, quick saved, fast traveled back and went in. Ive always been able to make them go friendly, though.
Posted By: Meavwen Re: Hag's Masks - 18/11/20 06:39 PM
I had killed the Hag before she ran as well. When I encountered the hag pawns, I first talked to the Mask of Regret, the halfling. She told me that she was tricked at Baldur's Gate so the hag has some accomplice there. She thanked me for killing the hag, told me to meet her at her bar at Baldur's Gate, but never left the area nor did she remove her mask. There wasn't a dialogue option to get her to remove her mask either. When talking to the others, they are upset about the hag being dead when you tell her that she is dead and they are free, or that they should remove their masks, they love their hag gift so much. Then they all turn hostile including the one that just thanked me for killing the hag and getting her mind back. I attempted to talk to them with a mask on to see if there would be more options to convince them to take the masks off and leave, but there were only the same options and the same result with the halfling and the others turning hostile. I agree that with either knocking them out and removing their masks, stealing it from them, or something, there should be a way to save them eventually at full launch.
Posted By: Niara Re: Hag's Masks - 18/11/20 11:01 PM
I crept in, and I was very disappointed that I couldn't pickpocket/sleight-of-hand the masks off them one at a time from stealth. Even if our own characters are hag-pawned by a mask, they can still be removed easily, and the effect itself specifically calls out removing the masks as an option for freeing the victim. Knocking them out and removing the masks before confronting Ethel, or stealthily slighting the masks from them by surprise before you face her, should both be options we can pursue in this encounter.
© Larian Studios forums