Larian Studios
Posted By: Nicottia Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 06:48 PM
So after downloading the newest patch, the first thing on my mind was checking some scenario's/scenes.

I went ahead and loaded the save before ending the tiefling party and 'inviting Astarion to share the night'. I noticed some changes, they no longer stand in the middle of the camp but went elsewhere and then I heard the cool music slowly playing, 'doown down by the river'. So far so good, I was thinking to myself, no way Larian has lifted the 'under construction' scenes. I was correct, but saw something else disturbing, for one of the lines was changed.

Whatever happened to the 'bare your neck inviting him' line. Sorry to say, but 'inviting him to unleash the animal'? Are you serious? He's not a druid or a werewolf (I heard one of future companions is planned to be one). Like come on. Is there some mishap in the code or is it deliberate? When I saw the change I started laughing maniacally. Like come on. laugh

[Linked Image]

PS: Goodluck pushing Astarion to the ground, I'm sure he wouldn't break your bones in retaliation. wink

Edit: Fixed a bunch of typos. smile
Posted By: Moirnelithe Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 06:50 PM
oh no, that is so cringe :facepalm:
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe

It was my first reaction, after I stopped laughing.

I truly think they messed up something in the code. Astarion is not an animal afterall, but a damn vampire (spawn). Unless, 'unleash the animal' is an euphemism of some kind. wink
Posted By: Moirnelithe Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Nicottia

It was my first reaction, after I stopped laughing.

I truly think they messed up something in the code. Astarion is not an animal afterall, but a damn vampire (spawn). Unless, 'unleash the animal' is an euphemism of some kind. wink

Eh, pretty sure it's an euphemism. Still cringe.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:00 PM
Eh, pretty sure it's an euphemism. Still cringe.

Agreed, I hope it will be changed back. Like I said, it would fit a druid/werewolf a lot more than Astarion. Anyhow, it's gonna be my favorite line until they change it anyway.

Unleashed animal out.
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:00 PM
I just wish Astarion was a female character.

Snarky edgy female vampire is my kink.
I blame 2004 TV.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Eddiar

I blame 2004 TV.

Pfft, he's fine as he is. Reminds me a lot of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. wink
90ies kids unite. laugh

I really hate what Twilight has done to vampires btw. Makes me wanna unleash the animal on all that sparkle. Ugh. wink
Posted By: Azarielle Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:06 PM
OMG no way! Whoever thought that was a good line...
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Azarielle

Makes you wanna unleash the animal on whoever wrote it, doesn't it? Where is Boo when we need him. wink
Posted By: Kendaric Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:15 PM
[quote=Eddiar]

Pfft, he's fine as he is. Reminds me a lot of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. wink
90ies kids unite. laugh

No... Spike was a pretty cool character that I really liked from the moment he was introduced. Astarion is just someone who needs to die ... painful and slow. Then be resurrected so I can kill him again.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Kendaric
[quote=Eddiar]

90ies kids unite. laugh

No... Spike was a pretty cool character that I really liked from the moment he was introduced. Astarion is just someone who needs to die ... painful and slow. Then be resurrected so I can kill him again.

I disagree. Astarion was just as big of an a-hole in the beginning (the introduction scene) as Spike was fixated on pleasing Drusilla and killing Buffy (to please Drusilla), he became my fav character in the TV series when he realized Drusilla was just using him to get Angel back and after he slowly fell in love with Buffy... there are a lot of parallels between Astarion and Spike, in my opinion at least.

Astarion is basically Haer'dalis (BG2), Gann of Dreams (NWN2 MotB) and Spike poured into mixer and mashed together.
Posted By: Azarielle Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Kendaric
[quote=Eddiar]

90ies kids unite. laugh

I disagree. Astarion was just as big of an a-hole in the beginning (the introduction scene) as Spike was fixated on pleasing Drusilla and killing Buffy (to please Drusilla), he became my fav character in the TV series when he realized Drusilla was just using him to get Angel back and after he slowly fell in love with Buffy... there are a lot of parallels between Astarion and Spike, in my opinion at least.

Astarion is basically Haer'dalis (BG2), Gann of Dreams (NWN2 MotB) and Spike poured into mixer and mashed together.

He gives me strong Zevran vibes (maybe even too strong -starting with introduction scene) but now that you mentioned it Haer'Dalis could be involved too.

Animals should definitely be unleashed upon the authors of this line.
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:33 PM

I blame 2004 TV.

90ies kids unite. laugh

I really hate what Twilight has done to vampires btw. Makes me wanna unleash the animal on all that sparkle. Ugh. wink

No he is not fine.
I want my vampiress.

Dont make me unleash my animal on you.
You speak heresy.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:42 PM
He gives me strong Zevran vibes (maybe even too strong -starting with introduction scene) but now that you mentioned it Haer'Dalis could be involved too.

Oh, yeah, I entirely forgot about Zevran. He should be sprinkled on top that mix I will bet.

No he is not fine.
I want my vampiress.

You speak heresy.

But you getting your vampiress would most likely result in Astarion's lovers losing one amazing succulent vampire and that shall not be allowed!

I guess it can only end in an epic animal fight! wink

Choose your animal wisely! laugh
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:46 PM
I choose Pikachu.
Posted By: Moirnelithe Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:46 PM

Oh, yeah, I entirely forgot about Zevran. He should be sprinkled on top that mix I will bet.

No he is not fine.
I want my vampiress.

You speak heresy.

But you getting your vampiress would most likely result in Astarion's lovers losing one amazing succulent vampire and that shall not be allowed!

I guess it can only end in an epic animal fight! wink

Choose your animal wisely! laugh

If Astarian's romance involves unleashing animals, losing him as a lover might be for the best for all parties involved.
Posted By: Azarielle Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:49 PM

I blame 2004 TV.

90ies kids unite. laugh

No he is not fine.
I want my vampiress.

You speak heresy.

Oh come on, you're getting a werewolfess (for a lack of better word), imagine the animals unleashed! Oh my
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:52 PM
Tell me more.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 07:57 PM
If Astarian's romance involves unleashing animals, losing him as a lover might be for the best for all parties involved.

True, you've got a good point.

I choose Pikachu.

I wanted to go for Zubat, considering we're arguing about vampires here. wink

But well, Moirnelithe makes too good of a point. If furries animals are involved, I guess nobody shall romance Astarion. wink
Posted By: Bufotenina Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 08:35 PM
So after downloading the newest patch, the first thing on my mind was checking some scenario's/scenes.

I went ahead and loaded the save before ending the day and 'inviting Astarion to share the night'. I noticed some changes, they no longer stand in the middle of the camp but went elsewhere else and then I heard the cool music slowly playing, 'doown down by the river'. So far so good, I was thinking to myself, no way Larian has lifted the 'under construction' scenes. I was correct, but saw something else disturbing, for one of the lines has changed.

Whatever happened to the 'bare your neck inviting him' line. Sorry to say, but 'inviting him to unleash the animal'? Are you serious? He's not a druid or a werewolf (I heard one of future companions is planned to be one). Like come on. Is there some mishap in the code or is it deliberate? When I saw the change I started laughing maniacally. Like come on. laugh

[Linked Image]

PS: Goodluck pushing Astarion to the ground, I'm sure he wouldn't break your bones in retaliation. wink

Oh for the Bard's sake! Tell me it was a joke. "Push him to the ground inviting him to unleash the animal". How does anyone a little bit litterate interpret the phrase litterally? Usually the adjective "animal" is used to refer to something driven by instinct, in this case I assume they mean the main character invites Astarion to get rid of his cold and sarcastic facade, to get loose and for a moment forget the controll he as to have to mantains the reins of his blood hunger.

It is another way to tell him to show what he is capable of do in the funny stuff, to give to the main character the ride of their life.

To transform into an animal. Seriously. F to every one who gave that interpretation!

(And then in the game Astarion really became an animal thus making a fooll of I laugh laugh laugh )

Maybe someone invested in World of Darkness, another p&p, where vampires describe the monstrous side of their curse, the insatiable hunger, the lust for the hunt, as "The Beast". My best guess.
Posted By: Valsharra Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 08:50 PM

Agree! I prefer the previous line to this cringey one. I hope it gets changed back.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Oh for the Bard's sake! Tell me it was a joke. "Push him to the ground inviting him to unleash the animal". How does anyone a little bit litterate interpret the phrase litterally? Usually the adjective "animal" is used to refer to something driven by instinct, in this case I assume they mean the main character invites Astarion to get rid of his cold and sarcastic facade, to get loose and for a moment forget the controll he as to have to mantains the reins of his blood hunger.

It is another way to tell him to show what he is capable of do in the funny stuff, to give to the main character the ride of their life.

To transform into an animal. Seriously. F to every one who gave that interpretation!

(And then in the game Astarion really became an animal thus making a fooll of I laugh laugh laugh )

Oh I know it wasn't literal, but knowing the world BG3 is set in, it could be. Also, don't you think that the 'unleash the animal' is a bit out of place between the two other options?

I mean, he still sucks your blood, this new line functions exactly the same as the old 'bare your neck inviting him' one. Also, in the after talk, he always says he was holding back, so how is that for 'unleashing the animal'?

Basically, I want the old line back. The old one made sense, the new one is just... hilariously cringe worthy.

And speaking of transforming into animal ... well, druids could do that, or werewolves. And we are eventually getting a werewolf companion from what I've been able to gather. Inviting to 'unleash the animal' is a perfect line for that future companion's romance. Doesn't really fit Astarion though.
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 08:59 PM
Someone promised me a werewolfess.

Where.
Where is she you monsters?
Posted By: Moirnelithe Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:01 PM

Where.

[Linked Image]
Here, enjoy your romance grin
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:02 PM

Where.

People have digged through BG3 source code and files. Her name is supposed to be Helia.

Just like we know that Karlach (that tiefling with a crossbow that wants you to kill paladins) is one of the future companions/origin stories.
Posted By: Azarielle Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:04 PM
How does anyone a little bit litterate interpret the phrase litterally?

Errrr thank you for educating us, good thing you came along too! We deserve to have some animals unleashed on us! (Psssst literate is spelled with one t, you know since we're already discussing literacy).

Seriously though:
If that line isn't cringe worthy I don't know what is

Where.

[Linked Image]

You're welcome.

They've uncovered files on female werewolf companion - Helia. It's in the dataminning thread.
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:25 PM
Does she count as a furry?
Am I a furry?

Oh no...

But Furries arent people.
Posted By: Kraydenvar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:28 PM
let him nuzzle your neckie weckie UwU
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:28 PM
BAN
BAN HIM.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:37 PM
Well, the topic has derailed quickly. Hahahaha. Big yikes. What have I done?! laugh laugh laugh

We need to unleash more animals it seems. wink
Posted By: Eddiar Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:40 PM
Lol sorry.

What about release his inner beast/monster?

That better?
Posted By: Moirnelithe Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:50 PM
Well, the topic has derailed quickly. Hahahaha. Big yikes. What have I done?! laugh laugh laugh

We need to unleash more animals it seems. wink

[Linked Image]

Maybe they meant unleashing this one?
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 09:56 PM
Lol sorry.

What about release his inner beast/monster?

That better?

Yip yip yip. We need to get him a muzzle, so he won't bite us at all. wink

But don't worry, I don't mind derailing, I just find your inner realization about the .. uh.. furriness hella hilarious. Do continue. wink

Maybe they meant unleashing this one?

Hah. I'll see myself out. wink
Posted By: Baraz Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 27/10/20 10:20 PM
The beast inside hungers ...

I presume the new line is inspired from Vampire The Masquerade which calls vampire instincts the beast ...

Though they might as well write "unleash the beast" : would sound both more funny and kinky.

( I read PrivateRacoon's post after. )
Originally Posted by Baraz

I presume the new line is inspired from Vampire The Masquerade which calls vampire instincts the beast ...

Though they might as well write "unleash the beast" : would sound both more funny and kinky.

UH AH, No you didn't! Mom! Baraz steals my ideas!

On a serious note. +1 for unleashing the beast. Grrrr smile
Posted By: Popsculpture Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 28/10/20 02:00 AM
Wait when they said that coyote were bringing people over the boarder they didn't mean coyotes the animal? Amazin!
Posted By: Sozz Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 28/10/20 02:22 AM
easy fix, change 'unleash' to 'release' and 'animal' to 'beast', right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVfZAZdIUs
Posted By: _Dede_ Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 28/10/20 04:19 AM
My first reaction after reading this new line laugh

[Linked Image]

Soo cringe. I hope it will be changed back.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 28/10/20 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Baraz

I've never played World of Darkness p&p that PrivateRaccoon mentioned, neither have I played Vampire the Masquerade, I've heard of VTM though, everyone who's played it had only good things to say about it... I've even seen a bunch of youtube let's plays of VTM, cause I was quite curious quite a while ago. The only vampire centered games that I've played in the past are - Legacy of Kain series, in particular I loved both Soul Reavers and Defiance. But they are hardly RPGs, more akin to Tomb Raider in fact.

Originally Posted by _Dede_
My first reaction after reading this new line laugh
https://i.imgur.com/oZ6VBQi.jpg

Soo cringe. I hope it will be changed back.

Now that's a good one! I'm totally on board, I would use bleach as well, just to make sure my eyes remain clean! wink
Posted By: Azarielle Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 28/10/20 07:51 AM
Breaking news: Shadowheart still disapproves!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sadurian Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 28/10/20 05:04 PM
As you can't see the graphic you are all jumping to conclusions. It's possible that the video will show Astarion with a small ferret in a cage, and you want setting the ferret free a condition of any romance happening.

I've just seen that 'setting the ferret free' might be a worse line than 'unleash the animal'.
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 29/10/20 09:01 PM
Breaking news: Shadowheart still disapproves!

Even bigger breaking news: Shadowheart is still sitting horrified in a bush after watching Astarion unleash the animal on the PC. She still greatly disapproves of course.

Originally Posted by Sadurian
As you can't see the graphic you are all jumping to conclusions. It's possible that the video will show Astarion with a small ferret in a cage, and you want setting the ferret free a condition of any romance happening.

I've just seen that 'setting the ferret free' might be a worse line than 'unleash the animal'.

Err, knowing Astarion, he'd just eat the ferret. Actually, he'd first kick the ferret and then suck it dry. wink

But heh now that you mention it, I'm seriously curious what's behind the 'under construction' curtains. wink

Astarion mentioned that Cazador can summon wolves at will, maybe those are the animals he's supposed to unleash? laugh
Posted By: Azarielle Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 29/10/20 09:11 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sigi98 Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 30/10/20 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Valsharra

Agree! I prefer the previous line to this cringey one. I hope it gets changed back.

+1 to that....
Posted By: Linnea Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 30/10/20 11:34 PM
I think what confuses me about it is that apparently he doesn't 'unleash the animal' because afterwards you can still question him about it and he's like "I didn't want to lose control"

Also I have a hard time imagining a sexy way to push someone to the ground lol. Sounds like it would hurt. :P
Posted By: Syrelle Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 14/11/20 07:58 PM
Omg I laughed so hard at the Under Construction the first time romancing Gale. now the other cringe worthy line has to be Priestess Gut's

Oh the Absolute has touched you hasn't she now Priestess Gut needs to touch you too..

Cringe..

Also am I the only one getting Fenris vibes off Astarian, slave, master chasing him, neat powers, sulky and moody..
Posted By: Shad0wScale Re: Astarion's romance has a new line. - 15/11/20 05:14 AM
I'M DEAD 😂😂😂
© Larian Studios forums