* You have a peculiar power within you
* Lose consciousness and start on a beach
* One companion has been close with a devil
* One companion is undead
* One companion starts by holding a knife to your throat
* One companion is in love with someone else
* One companion is known by a legendary callsign or alias
* One companion is hellbent on revenge and wishes to redeem themself
* One companion seems to hear voices and has mystical influences they don't understand
* Barrels everywhere
* Surface effects everywhere
* Weird thing in multiplayer where another player cannot interact with a companion that happened to be picked by someone else to join

... and lots more.
I like this game! guess mine:

*You start a prisoner
* your kidnapper did something to you
*you escape
* you chase after your kidnapper
*To do so you need to get involved in a conflict between two factions.
* you meet a Shar follower, A strange mage, A bloodthirsty warrior, and some undead rouge (cheated a little bit here, but only a little) among others.

that's it! BG3 is just a copy of BG2! solved it
I'll play too!

I am a proud SHIELD DWARF, and a member of the CLERIC class. My god is HELM, deity of watchers and protectors. I bear a MACE and a SHIELD, as are common for my profession. I travel through the wilds of the SWORD COAST REGION of the WESTERN HEARTLANDS of the continent of FAERUN, on the planet of TORIL. I am on my way to the city of BALDUR'S GATE. By my side are a PRIESTESS OF SHAR, evil goddess of darkness and night; and a HUMAN WIZARD, practitioner of ARCANE MAGIC; as well as an ELVEN THIEF, who can OPEN LOCKS and DISARM TRAPS among other skulduggerous skills. Recently we have done battle with OGRES, PHASE SPIDERS, ETTERCAPS, GNOLLS, SKELETONS, WORGS, HOBGOBLINS, and other dangerous creatures, using our steel and our spellcraft. Our hearts are heavy, as we have heard dark tidings about the god BHAAL, Lord of Murder.

My ABILITIES are measured in STRENGTH, DEXTERITY, CONSTITUTION, INTELLIGENCE, WISDOM, and CHARISMA. My vitality is measured in HIT POINTS, and my defense in ARMOR CLASS. When perilous effects threaten me, I make a SAVING THROW to avoid them. I grow stronger in power by gaining EXPERIENCE POINTS, allowing me to increase in LEVEL. In addition to my weapon, I use my DIVINE MAGIC to cast SPELLS such as BLESS, COMMAND, CURE LIGHT WOUNDS, PROTECTION FROM EVIL, AID, and HOLD PERSON, among others. I PREPARE these spells ahead of time, and can only use a few PER DAY. I regain them by RESTING.

The rules which govern my reality are called DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS, and the name given to the universe I inhabit is FORGOTTEN REALMS.

Which game am I playing? Baldur's Gate, or Baldur's Gate 3?

Trick question. It's both.
Originally Posted by Abits
I like this game! guess mine:

*You start a prisoner
* your kidnapper did something to you
*you escape
* you chase after your kidnapper
*To do so you need to get involved in a conflict between two factions.
* you meet a Shar follower, A strange mage, A bloodthirsty warrior, and some undead rouge (cheated a little bit here, but only a little) among others.

that's it! BG3 is just a copy of BG2! solved it

messageboard really needs a like system
Illuminati confirmed
I was going to go with Oblivion, or maybe Skyrim?

Side bet: TES 6 has us start as a prisoner, and someone on that forum will claim it's a DOS 2 clone.
I don't think we really need any more "BG3 is the same as DOS!" topics. :|
© Larian Studios forums