Larian Studios
Posted By: Razielim0420 Leave custom characters in camp - 04/11/20 03:46 AM
This is something I think should be changed. In single player if you have a full custom party you should be able to leave one in camp and take an origin character to do their quests. In multiplayer maybe just make the host character not able to be left in camp but everyone else can. They just need to put in 3 spots in camp for custom characters to stand when left.
Posted By: LoneSky Re: Leave custom characters in camp - 04/11/20 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by Razielim0420
They just need to put in 3 spots in camp for custom characters to stand when left.

Sounds like asking for parking spaces smile
They could go fishing at nearby river, next to the skeleton guy. Makes sense to be there 24/7.
Posted By: Razielim0420 Re: Leave custom characters in camp - 04/11/20 05:02 AM
Parking spaces is perfect, that's all I want lol. The river sounds like a good place.
Posted By: Callimachus Re: Leave custom characters in camp - 04/11/20 05:37 AM
You can't leave the main character in camp, because supposedly that character is your personal agent and avatar in the game. Currently you can only have a custom character as your main character, but going forward you would be able to choose one of the origin characters as your main one, forgoing any need for a custom character at all.
Posted By: Razielim0420 Re: Leave custom characters in camp - 04/11/20 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by Callimachus
You can't leave the main character in camp, because supposedly that character is your personal agent and avatar in the game. Currently you can only have a custom character as your main character, but going forward you would be able to choose one of the origin characters as your main one, forgoing any need for a custom character at all.

I understand this, we are also supposed to be able to make an entire custom party eventually as development continues. I thought that when I mentioned the host character not being able to change their character it implied that the main character could not change. The option I want is only for when using an entire custom party to be able to leave at least one of them in camp.
Posted By: Dreygor6091 Re: Leave custom characters in camp - 04/11/20 05:57 AM
Currently having this issue. My wife wanted to try it out to see if she liked it. We did a multiplayer game, she didn't enjoy it so got a refund after only playing an hour. Now i am stuck with her character in that game.
Posted By: Razielim0420 Re: Leave custom characters in camp - 04/11/20 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dreygor6091
Currently having this issue. My wife wanted to try it out to see if she liked it. We did a multiplayer game, she didn't enjoy it so got a refund after only playing an hour. Now i am stuck with her character in that game.

That's a good example of why this should be a feature in the game.
Posted By: ciph Re: Leave custom characters in camp - 04/11/20 07:09 PM
Agree with the OP that this would be a nice feature. After all we can switch out our party members, why not have spare PCs we can switch out? No need to change the story for them as we're ALWAYS the main character. What one experiences the others experience.

Originally Posted by Dreygor6091

At least BG3 has profiles.
© Larian Studios forums