Larian Studios
Posted By: Phea Pre-generated characters personal plots - 21/11/20 10:01 PM
I wonder if someone except for me would like to explore premade character’s personal stories as much as possible. So far I have impression that they’ll be good - I guess the early assess plot is only an exposition for them - but I’m worried a little bit that my „personal plot hunger” won’t be satisfied as much as I hope. The tadpole story is interesting of course but to be honest I’m mostly excited for the possibility of meeting NPCs from Pre-gens past, to explore their relationships, to experience scenes from their past (I doubt it will be possible - except for the dreams scenes) and so on. Personal plots and relationships - and I don't mean romances - are absolutely my favorite pen & paper RPG element which always makes me feel tons of emotions. For now it looks like BG3 promises to make these plots quite cool, but I'm a little bit worried.

I’m curious if anyone else has similar thoughts or hopes.
Posted By: fallenj Re: Pre-generated characters personal plots - 21/11/20 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Phea
I wonder if someone except for me would like to explore premade character’s personal stories as much as possible. So far I have impression that they’ll be good - I guess the early assess plot is only an exposition for them - but I’m worried a little bit that my „personal plot hunger” won’t be satisfied as much as I hope. The tadpole story is interesting of course but to be honest I’m mostly excited for the possibility of meeting NPCs from Pre-gens past, to explore their relationships, to experience scenes from their past (I doubt it will be possible - except for the dreams scenes) and so on. Personal plots and relationships - and I don't mean romances - are absolutely my favorite pen & paper RPG element which always makes me feel tons of emotions. For now it looks like BG3 promises to make these plots quite cool, but I'm a little bit worried.

This has been talked about in a previous thread, at least playing as a companion character vs a custom one. The only thing that I can think of off hand was related to dos2, im pretty sure the custom character was subpar compared to playing a premade/companion character (story wise). Don't quote me on that though, been...guess it was back in 2018 I played it.
Originally Posted by Phea

Looking forward to enjoying this in spite of other's opinions.
they all have backstories that are like... backstories for characters that are level 10-15 at best.
© Larian Studios forums